Phoenixmama: cold turkey after 3 weeks on Celexa

Phoenixmama

thanks for stopping by @Rosetta I'm in shock, idk how i survived this long  , and still worked ❤️

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

why does it feel like everything i eat these days makes me fatigue......

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

• 2 weeks later...

its been 6 months from my 2nd vaccine dose and now i have to get the booster today or else i will be fired from my job... I dont want to get it , ive been doing so well in wd and afraid  this booster will shake things up again or even make me worse 

currently taking mag

got my booster last friday and now its Wednesday friday i felt nothing just sore , sat i felt so tired i stayed in bed all day and watched tv , Sunday i was ok i went out all day , Monday i started to feel a wave creep in and now today my symptoms are , fatigue , nausea, dp/dr , and crying spells also intrusive thoughts, oh boy i haven't felt like this for almost 3 months... I wonder could it be the booster or just a wave , I'm leaning towards the booster 😖

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

Sunday i was ok i went out all day

It's probably a combination of everything.  And you may have over exerted / over whelmed / over done it when you went out.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...

i just want to put this on my thread for myself , but at 13 months into wd i drank lemonade for the first time in 11 months (ive been drinking only water for 11 months ) , its always been my favorite thing to drink and had to stop drinking it in wd because it caused anxiety and other symptoms , so anyway i drank a glass of lemon aid this past friday and it didnt effect me , so i drank it again on saturday and again on sunday , it didnt effect my sleep or anything ... for anyone whos reading this , i know it may sound like a not a big deal but its such a big deal to me 😚 lets me know im truly healing , i will start to test other sweets in a couple weeks 

currently taking mag

Every improvement sounds like a victory to me!! 

Immediate adverse reaction 

lexapro 5mg 3x 1/27/22, 1/28/22, 1/30/22 

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

On 4/4/2022 at 8:30 AM, Phoenixmama said:

i just want to put this on my thread for myself , but at 13 months into wd i drank lemonade for the first time in 11 months (ive been drinking only water for 11 months ) , its always been my favorite thing to drink and had to stop drinking it in wd because it caused anxiety and other symptoms , so anyway i drank a glass of lemon aid this past friday and it didnt effect me , so i drank it again on saturday and again on sunday , it didnt effect my sleep or anything ... for anyone whos reading this , i know it may sound like a not a big deal but its such a big deal to me 😚 lets me know im truly healing , i will start to test other sweets in a couple weeks 

This is great @Phoenixmama

2018 - Zoloft for 5 days then CT due to severe nausea , no severe withdrawals and no adverse reaction.

OCT 2020- vitamin D (5000iu) -which I know now is too high dosage and looking back it now I realize it was causing mood issues, which led me to search for ADs.

2021 - Paxil 3 days  (Feb 16,17,18)CT due to severe nausea ( side note day of CT I got my second dose of covid 19 vaccine which could have further destabilized my CNS) then 4 weeks later severe adverse reaction that included every single WD symptom on here.

2021- month out ( April 05, 07)not knowing what was going on went to ER twice and was placed on hydroxyzine and Reglan (anti-nausea) ( which I know now affects serotonin levels also) nothing helped.

Then went to two different psychiatrists one who referred me to GI for the nausea denying Paxil had anything to do with my symptoms, the second one prescribed me Buspirone Klonopin, and Trazadone ( I refused to take neither , thank God) I had feeling it still was the Paxil.

April 30th -CT everything Bc nothing was helping and miraculously found this website SA and saw every symptom I was going through.

Currently no drugs, only fish oil in the evenings. !!! 

• 2 weeks later...

At 13 1/2 months into wd from an adverse reaction I had my first brain zap over the Easter weekend while I was shopping 😩 it happen quite fast then I guess my body got scared and I could feel the anxiety rising through my body and mind , that was Saturday todays Monday and although I haven’t had anymore brain zaps I am definitely in a wave , with way different symptoms, different brain pain (which causes me to panic thinking I have a brain condition) ,vision issues , and a deep nerves feeling also nausea here and there… 

currently taking mag

Ooh, sorry to hear that.  I know they are scary, but brain zaps should not hurt you, permanently.  I don’t think it’s really your brain, but the muscles in your scalp, jaw, etc that are getting a signal from the brain that is very unusual.  It’s kind of like the shivers, correct?  Or the funny bone? Involuntary stretching — the muscles involved in that — all autonomic nervous system function, might be another analogy.

It does sound like you are having a wave.  I hope you feel better soon. — Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

thanks @rosetta , its been driving me wild , specially because ive been doing so much better , but im not new to this and will just have to use all my coping skills ive learned from the beginning... thank you so much for stopping by , nice to hear from you ❤️ i hope all on your is well with you 🌞

currently taking mag

i have not felt this bad in a long time.... almost brings me back to the beginning of wd , im having some weird feeling in my head and sinus area like moving presure  ,only thing i can think of and feel is i have something bad going in and im unaware of it.... all i can do is pray , im at work and have to work pm today as well smh, i hate this place im in right now , i really hope its just more healing... 

currently taking mag

another thing thats back is the scared feeling ugggh... dont get me wrong i have had the scared feeling these past months but it wasnt overbaring , i cant even spell right now 

currently taking mag

okay as i posted I'm in some sort of a wave that reminds me of the beginning of wd oh and i  had my first brain zap , I've backtracked everything I've done differently in the last two weeks that could have set anything off , let me remind you since Dec 2021 i was doing really good , so last week around Tuesday i noticed 

- after i took my nightly melatonin , i was restless and took me for ever to fall asleep , my mind kept going and going , not like anxiety or anything but just awake , so i took another piece of melatonin around 3am and still kept me up 

- so the next night i skipped the melatonin and slept fine and i haven't taken it since scared that its going to keep me up 

- everyday last week i had nausea , i just thought it was a wave creeping in 

- then Friday i had a very small piece of vanilla ice cream that had chocolate on it , it was about the size of my pinky ( not my first time eating vanilla ice cream or sweets but it was my first time eating milk chocolate )

- the next day i was out shopping and had my first brain zap and it brought on a very different wave that I'm not use to these  days , (dizziness , thigh twitches , feeling out of it off and on throughout the day   ,nausea , high anxiety , brain pain ,   intrusive thoughts , worry , scared and some I'm not  remembering right now....

My question is could this be from the chocolate ? or me stopping the melatonin ? or just a new wave ,  definitely feel set back or something , before this i new I had turned a corner , i felt about 80% back to normal... tonight I will take the melatonin again  to see if it helps , anyone's input would be nice 

currently taking mag

Also something I did different last week was I used listerine mouthwash for the first time in a long time , I have a whole where my wisdom tooth has feel out for like 8 months now too scared to go to the dentist for that , but could the mouth wash enter my system that way and cause this set back feeling , 🤦🏻‍♀️

currently taking mag

i notice i feel better in the evenings , just like in the beginning of wd , cant wait to get off work and head home

currently taking mag

I’m sorry that you are feeling bad.  I think this is just a wave.  You will be fine.  Very frustrating, I know.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

• 2 weeks later...

i made 14 months last Thursday April 28th , i for the most part i feel 80% my self , sometimes i forget im in wd and most of the time im scared that a wave will come crashing in hard... so i take it easy , i feel very blessed to have come this far , still holding on to my part time job and picking up fulltime hours when i want and being able to get my kids to and from school and raising them in a happy home and taking vacations is a bonus that im very grateful for.... Around Dec 2021 to march 2022 i want to say i was my self 90% of the time maybe even 95% hehe 😆 and in April i  had a big wave and im now coming out of it... 

My heart hurts for everyone in wd , suffering from a adverse reaction or going through any pain dealing with these poisons... I'm so thankful for this site not just for me but for everyone who finds this community and is going through this god awful wd.... 

-still healing and not set free yet.......

currently taking mag

1 minute ago, Phoenixmama said:

i made 14 months last Thursday April 28th 

Yay!!! I hope you are feeling better! I finally made it to 3 months. Baby steps. 

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

yes im feeling better and congrats to you on your 3rd month , my 3rd month feels like yesterday a year went by so fast 

currently taking mag

Such good news!!

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

okay so i caught a cold from my 5 year old this week , i took care of her since last week she got better on Tuesday this week and Wednsday i was sick lol i rested for two days and now its Friday and I came to work and i feel like I'm in a wave or something , i have symptoms of forgetting thoughts and what i was going to do next , and having this while driving was so hard , also i keep having so many thoughts ugggh , I can look at anything and have a whole thought about it or a memory from my past where i seen the object ( intrusive  thoughts ?) , also got that scared I'm going to die soon feeling ( worst symptom for me ever)... sometimes i feel like all my lights are going to one by one turn off inside of me and boom ill be gone , i haven't felt this way in months , I remember reaching out to certain members over these symptoms , so instead of doing that ill just go back and read their advice they gave me before..... I did drink a lot of orange juice these past two days maybe that was too much sugar 

currently taking mag

12 more days till my first Hawaii trip 🌴🍍🌺

currently taking mag

6 minutes ago, Phoenixmama said:

12 more days till my first Hawaii 🌴🍍🌺

Sorry you’re feeling rough, hopefully it will pass soon! Have a wonderful vacation!! 

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

thank you ,  i may be feeling sh*tty because my cycle will start in 7 days i forgot about that lol 

currently taking mag

20 minutes ago, Phoenixmama said:

thank you ,  i may be feeling sh*tty because my cycle will start in 7 days i forgot about that lol 

That seems to be very common. I had a hysterectomy so it’s hard to tell if my hormones play a part certain times of the month. I kept my ovaries so I don’t fall into menopause. 

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

@StarShopping87 it was my cycle hahahaha , seems to be starting a couple days early every month 

currently taking mag

7 minutes ago, Phoenixmama said:

@StarShopping87 it was my cycle hahahaha , seems to be starting a couple days early every month 

I’m in a bad wave, worst one since a month ago. I feel like I’m getting worse… weird headache and my brain feels weird/damaged. Get these weird brain feelings and it terrifying. It’s hard to describe.. my anxiety is awful, followed by rushes of severe anxiety and fear at night. The brain stuff is the worst though.  

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

when i use to get those brain feeling i was very scared too but members calmed me down and explained more of what they could be rather then having a brain dieses like i havent had them in a while until the last wave, and all my coping skills went out the window and i had to go back and read the advice a member gave me... and also rosetta chimed in to give me some help on calming myself 

i'm so sorry your having a bad time right now , but it shall pass , they always do 

currently taking mag

6 minutes ago, Phoenixmama said:

when i use to get those brain feeling i was very scared too but members calmed me down and explained more of what they could be rather then having a brain dieses like i havent had them in a while until the last wave, and all my coping skills went out the window and i had to go back and read the advice a member gave me... and also rosetta chimed in to give me some help on calming myself 

i'm so sorry your having a bad time right now , but it shall pass , they always do 

What is it? I feel a lot of pressure, over stimulation, weird pains, very spaced out,  kinda like a bad high I can’t come down from. I don’t have any zaps or anything but it’s soo weird to describe. 

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

I've been  having that high feeling for two days and nausea and brain sensations which are making me think i should get a brain scan to check in see if i have something going on other then wd ,but i have to remember and go back and read that i had this before, i know this reply isnt helpful but i had to vent to someone , when did you start wd by the way i think we have similar start dates 

currently taking mag

8 minutes ago, Phoenixmama said:

I've been  having that high feeling for two days and nausea and brain sensations which are making me this i should get a brain scan to check in see if i have something going on other then wd , i know this reply isnt helpful but i had to vent to someone , when did you start wd by the way i think we have similar start dates 

Is this comment for me? If so, Jan 30th

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

@StarShopping87 omg im so sorry yes lol 

currently taking mag

oh mine is Feb 28th 2021 

currently taking mag

since sunday may 15th I've had 

real bad nausea

weird brain sensations that travel to my sinus 

brain pain 

feeling off 

neck soreness/stiffness 

feeling weak 

high feeling

feeling that im going to die

anxiety (from all the symptoms thinking i have something else going on other than wd)

i hope this is a wave , and i want to believe its only a wave so i can float through it 🙏 

very hard to believe that this is even real sometimes and all caused by three weeks of sri"s that my doctor / coworker just handed to me like it was tylenol " try this and it'll help give you relief from your headache " 

-almost 15 months in wd 

currently taking mag

@Totallylost how are you now 

currently taking mag