Phoenixmama: cold turkey after 3 weeks on Celexa

Phoenixmama

@Dutchsarah thank you for your kind words 💜

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

Your welcome. Reading your story brought tear in my eyes. So insanely frustrating that a short period of medication can cause such havoc. I'm only 4 months off and struggling quite a bit. 

Wishing you better days to come very soon!

September  2020 till December 2020

Wellbutrin and Ativan at the start

Fast taper.  

No drugs for 2 years.

December 2022- 3 days celexa 3 days prozac. Severe adverse reaction and withdrawal for 2 weeks. 

February 2023 till March 2023 zoloft. A total of 5 weeks. 12.5 mg and 25 mg

Had severe adverse reactions while taking Zoloft but wanted to push through with Klonopin.

When I developed severe SI I stopped and had intense withdrawal symptoms.

Drug free since March 15th

Supplements: B12, fish oil, magnesium citrate.

Three weeks ago i had a tooth extration i only used carbacaine for numbing and a total of 2 reg tylenols for after care , the tooth was really hard to take out and it was really stressful on my body and mind ,but i  was fine after no reactions but now three weeks later i feel some early wd symtoms like a wave , my period just passed and i thought it was that , but now im wondering can this be a wave from the extration three weeks ago ? my symtoms are 

ramped up health anxiety

ramped head pains 

ramped up intrusive thoughts

ramped up feeling off 

ramped up feeling like im going to die 

nausea 

ramped up eye sight issues 

basicly all my weakened wd symptoms are ramped up which makes me think the tooth extraction caused it because i have not did anything else extreme or eaten anything crazy , the only thing is having my period that ended two days ago. If anyone has any insite on this please reach out , i am 29 month out from a adverse reaction 🙏

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus
On 7/12/2023 at 12:36 PM, Phoenixmama said:

was fine after no reactions but now three weeks later i feel some early wd symtoms like a wave , my period just passed and i thought it was that , but now im wondering can this be a wave from the extration three weeks ago ? my symtoms are 

ramped up health anxiety

ramped head pains 

ramped up intrusive thoughts

ramped up feeling off 

ramped up feeling like im going to die 

nausea 

ramped up eye sight issues 

I think it could be a Wave triggered by the extraction.  I always do well right after stuff like that, but then some Wavish-ness sets in.  Use all your tools, I mean non-drug coping tools AND get plenty of rest too.  I had 4 extractions and a permanent bridge done awhile back.  OMG-  it was an ordeal, lasting several months.  I did fine through all of it, but after..........when it was finally all done..........I did feel "off" for a bit.

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

@manymoretodays yes thats what im thinking and feeling , ive had a couple of things i went through in wd and felt i wasnt effected but did have some ramped up symptoms a couple weeks after but thought no it couldnt be , i had covid twice , passed a painful kidney stone , had extracted wisdom teeth and i recall feeling just fine through it all but then later having a ramped up wave but i thought no it couldnt be from those things because it was past a week... I'm grateful that you stopped by , thank you so much , today seems to be better and im more normal , for some odd reason i feel better if its a wave and not something else lol because i know it goes away and im healing 💜 Have a great weekend 🌞

currently taking mag

@Dutchsarah thanks for stopping by... hope your doing well 

currently taking mag

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished navigating through my period symptoms ugh , today I developed a weird feeling in my bottom lip , I can’t tell if it’s numb or tingling , I googled it and now I’m freaking out causing other symptoms to flare up , google said tingling lip is a sign of stroke 😭…. I feel so off right now and can’t control it… 

im 30 months past my last pill of celexa that I took for three weeks which the whole time I was having a reaction too ,

Is there anyone who is still in wd 30 months after an adverse reaction 

currently taking mag

@Dutchsarah thank you for your reply , you know i thought about it and i havent tried the distracting thing in about a year , i healed so much that i forgot all about that tool... and when  i get in a wave or have symptoms i just panic or think its some illness because i didnt feel i was very much in wd anymore because i was so far out , but ive been doing some research on here and found out adverse reactions can take pretty long to heal for some folks , thank you again I think i'll pull out my dismond painting and beads when i get home 🌺

currently taking mag

@Phoenixmama I think I know what you mean. I have been having lots of very good days and when I'm suddenly hit with a bad wave I start to question everything again.  💫 take care, stay strong, we got this! 

September  2020 till December 2020

Wellbutrin and Ativan at the start

Fast taper.  

No drugs for 2 years.

December 2022- 3 days celexa 3 days prozac. Severe adverse reaction and withdrawal for 2 weeks. 

February 2023 till March 2023 zoloft. A total of 5 weeks. 12.5 mg and 25 mg

Had severe adverse reactions while taking Zoloft but wanted to push through with Klonopin.

When I developed severe SI I stopped and had intense withdrawal symptoms.

Drug free since March 15th

Supplements: B12, fish oil, magnesium citrate.

• 3 weeks later...

@keogh08 hi thanks for dropping by 😊 well i can say that last year was more better for me because i had gotten use to the waves and windows pattern and this year has just been like one wave or something , my symptoms are ramped up intrusive thoughts a dying , feeling off and other things . i get by and some days are good but idk if its just me now or am i still in wd , i still havent drank coffee or anything with caffine , no chocolate no vitamins no soda no meds no cbd( which i still would love to try for the intrusive thoughts but scared) wondering if im still in wd because im going on 32 months past my last celexa... what month or year are you on and do you still have symptoms ? and yes my little girl is my world 💜🌞

currently taking mag

Hi @Phoenixmama

I am sorry you are suffering. I am pretty much the same I am 48 months out. I look back and I was also much better last year. 

maybe this is the nonlinear healing process?

until we are back to feeling 100% we can be sure this is still withdrawal and we will get there one day!

I am still in shock at the duration of withdrawal for those of us who suffered adverse reactions. It is truly heartbreaking. 

I hope you get some relief in symptoms soon. 

Citalopram 20mg september 23 2019 - 29th September 2019

Hi Phoenixmama,

The truth is that a lot of people here are recovering from adverse reactions due to being given a higher dose of a drug than their bodies could handle during withdrawal.  Each time my dose of Zoloft was raised after the cold switch from Celexa, I had an adverse reaction.  That went on for over 5 years!  So, please don’t worry too much about odd symptoms here or there.  I know it’s really hard to avoid it.

🧚🏻‍♀️Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

• 1 month later...

I've been feeling really normal for three weeks straight , and it feels so gooood..... the intrustive thoughts and feelings about me dying getting ill and my kids are still there but i cant feel them and hardly have them.... Ive been thinking about things that i would be affraid of doing wd like getting a tattoo , drinking a nice cold beer and eating chocolate lol so this past weekend i chose one and it was chocolate ☺️ , i just went for it lol with no scared feelings , it was amazing. it was the first time i ate chocolate in 2 years 8 months..... first i had a ITS-IT ice cream before bed 😳 and slept very well , next day i had a little intrusive thoughts but that went away and i dont link it to the chocolate , then i ate more chocolate lol well this might be a little of nothing to some but this is a huge milestone for me because i am so sensitive and have been sensitive in WD 🙃 

currently taking mag

Oooh, an ITS-IT! You lucky dog!

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

not sure if this could be linked but I've been having uti symptoms , my test came back negative , went away while i was on my period then the burning after urinating came back , ive been drinking no sugar cranberry juice and eating raw garlic along with drinking a lot of water but its still there  ☹️ I'm wondering if it could be the chocolate that ive started to eat again after 2 years 9 months  🤔 because the symptoms started after i started eating chocolate again 😭 i did a quick google and there is a link with uti's and chocolate but it says you have to eat a lot of it... but for not eating it for almost 3 years makes me question maybe some chocolate was strong for my body ? anyone been through this or heard of this before ?

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear @Phoenixmama, thanks for your lovely words on my thread. I hope you’re coping as best you can. 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve got the burning when urinating, that’s an awful feeling. I’ve had UTI’s in the past, but not for decades. Do you think the test was wrong that ruled out an UTI?  I’ve always killed infections with olive leaf, but I can’t use that now as I have an autoimmune condition and olive leaf would ramp up my immune system even more. 

I’m not sure if the chocolate caused your burning. The only way you’d find out it by trial and error. I don’t eat chocolate myself, actually I don’t eat sugar either. If I feel like something sweet I eat fruit, though I haven’t had any for days now. 

I hope the burning subsides soon🧡

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

On 11/1/2023 at 9:47 AM, Phoenixmama said:

not sure if this could be linked but I've been having uti symptoms , my test came back negative , went away while i was on my period then the burning after urinating came back , ive been drinking no sugar cranberry juice and eating raw garlic along with drinking a lot of water but its still there  ☹️ I'm wondering if it could be the chocolate that ive started to eat again after 2 years 9 months  🤔 because the symptoms started after i started eating chocolate again 😭 i did a quick google and there is a link with uti's and chocolate but it says you have to eat a lot of it... but for not eating it for almost 3 years makes me question maybe some chocolate was strong for my body ? anyone been through this or heard of this before ?

hey I’ve had this symptom as well feeling like you have a uti but really don’t. The tests always come back negative for me regarding utis. Tons of others on here have reported this issue as well. Bladder pain, etc. it’s also on the list of baylissa withdrawal symptoms. Pretty sure it’s an nerve issue 

If it continues I would just get swapped & make sure it’s not bc or anything 

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

• 1 month later...

@peaceandlove hi thanks for stopping by 💜 i was searching the internet for my symptoms and found Interstitial Cystitis ,chocolate can bring on a flare , before wd i could eat chocolate with no symptoms of ic so i didnt think i had ic... but it being a wd symptoms makes me feel better because i know it will pass at some point 

currently taking mag

You have had this for over a month?!  I’m so sorry.  That’s awful.

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 1:39 PM, Phoenixmama said:

@peaceandlove hi thanks for stopping by 💜 i was searching the internet for my symptoms and found Interstitial Cystitis ,chocolate can bring on a flare , before wd i could eat chocolate with no symptoms of ic so i didnt think i had ic... but it being a wd symptoms makes me feel better because i know it will pass at some point 

yes I have interstitial cystitis after my reaction. It frequently feels like I have a UTI I never had this prior 

@peaceandlove hiiii thanks for stopping by , it’s crazy now it’s gone…. Hopefully was just another wd symptom like everything else 😅

currently taking mag

5 minutes ago, Phoenixmama said:

@peaceandlove hiiii thanks for stopping by , it’s crazy now it’s gone…. Hopefully was just another wd symptom like everything else 😅

Yay I’m happy it went away for you! I 100% sure it was a withdrawal symptom. https://rxisk.org/bladder-and-bowel-problems-after-antidepressants/
There’s also threads on here regarding bladder issues if you ever need reassurance if it happens again