Phoenixmama: cold turkey after 3 weeks on Celexa

Phoenixmama

@BooBoo19 omg thank you so much for your response !!!! I’m very very grateful 🙏🏻🤞🏻

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

@Shep thank you for your comment you give me so much hope that is much needed at this time and n my journey 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

Hey! You are doing great.  I know it doesn’t feel like it, but 20 months is early for some people.  You can go places.  You struggle, but you make it there and back, and it’s good for you to have those experiences.  Do not worry about having more waves.  Do not worry about what is caused by WD or not. Ha! Don’t worry? Right.  Easier said than done, but truly, it will take as long as it takes, and you got this!  It’s all going to be ok.

The wisdom teeth and the stones! Ugh!  Bad luck for sure.  You have good coping skills, and you get to practice them. Which will serve you well later, even after you are healed.  I don’t mean to be glib.  I know this is hard, you have doubts, you worry through a sleepless night or (nights!) sometimes.  Overall, I think you can see — at those points when you are not in a wave — that you are a survivor, and you are taking care of that little girl.  That’s amazing! You are amazing!

Some people don’t get this chance — to find this site, to know what is wrong and that it will heal or how to avoid further complications.  Some people cannot believe what Alto has discovered and shared with us here, but you did.  It’s like winning a lottery to find this site and understand that you will heal and that getting worse does not mean you will never heal.

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

Thank you so much for visiting my tread @Rosetta you already know it means the world to me ☺️, yes everything you typed is so true 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻👏🏻 

currently taking mag

Can anyone tell me what are the symptoms of protracted wd and is it possible for adverse reaction members to go through it? I’ve tried searching on this site all weekend and came up with no symptoms list or anything close and now my brain is fried lol  As you can see in my previous post I’ve been going through something since the beginning of my 19th month which was oct 2022 before that I was 95% percent healed then this all of a sudden , I want to state that now nov and dec my symptoms seem to start before my ovulation and cycle time which only leaves me with a week of a window 😕 

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus
16 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

Can anyone tell me what are the symptoms of protracted wd and is it possible for adverse reaction members to go through it?

For symptoms, see: 

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

Here is information regarding those who have adverse reactions, even if only drugged for a short time, as the experience with their symptoms is similar to someone who became dependent and is going through withdrawal: 

But I only took it for a Week - immediate adverse reaction

I really dont know whats going on , I was fine till my 19th month at first it wasnt that bad , two weeks of intrusive thoughts then 2 weeks of physical symtoms , then one week 95% myself then two days before my cycle started  i had two days of headaches then my period nov 11th with weakness and off feeling which is normal.... then after that till now which is almost four weeks of hell 

very off feeling 

cycling on and off pains in my brain

feels like my brain is jumping or something 

major nausea on and off (havent had it since the beginning months)

intrusive thoughts 

getting dizzy and feeling extreamly fatigue and almost passing out after i eat 

sweat flash after waking up ( havent had that since month 1~3) i just had two of these this morning and yesterday 

vison problems 

muscle twitching 

memory issues 

cold hands and feet 

some headache but not too bad 

at 18 months i thought i was almost heal or healed , so i thought this couldnt be wd anymore , so i went to the doctors (which is something big because i havent been since i been in wd even with all the symptoms i suffered throughout wd) and they said i have migraines with in the first 10 mins offerd me meds and advice and sent me off , i declined the rx (never again) ., three days later i went to the Er to check if i had sepsis due to my kidney stone that has not came out and might have been causing me infection, i also got a ct scan , everything checked out good.... i even went to my gyno everything all good he said he doesnt think im in peri menopause or have problems with my hormones , i just tested my estrogen and waiting on that , i even started thinking it's my low blood presure because i looked up "why do i get dizzy after i eat " could be that idk , also could be I need iron , but I'm so scared to take anything 🤦‍♀️

i would be very ok if this is all wd because i at least know it goes away , i dont know what phase im in but it has no windows and waves pattern.... Could this just be my normal new self I'm like 30% myself and feelings like im declining , from Dec 2022 to oct 2022 i was fine with waves and really good windows , i didnt take anything to set anything off that i can think of either , it just started one day two days before my cycle..... and hasnt let up... 

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/7/2022 at 9:44 AM, Phoenixmama said:

Could this just be my normal new self I'm like 30% myself and feelings like im declining , from Dec 2022 to oct 2022 i was fine with waves and really good windows , i didnt take anything to set anything off that i can think of either , it just started one day two days before my cycle..... and hasnt let up... 

Ooof Phoenixmama,

Sorry to hear this report.

No.  I don't think this is your normal new self.  Not at all. 

What helps with the headaches?

Any change when you eat and after now as to what you described......the dizziness and fatique?

Are you sleeping okay?

Any trials of new supplements?  Alcohol, recreational drugs, or anything situational happening that is out of the ordinary.

It can be real easy to get thrown into WD symptoms again, as we are often sensitized to so much, and often react much differently from before to things.  So.....maybe it is just that?

It sure happened with me.  Off all my drugs and just very odd reactions, with physical symptoms often, to situations mainly that while once not overwhelming......became that way.  And.  Good news.  It's gotten better, much better.

Different histories, but perhaps something the same going on in our nervous systems.

Yours was a short duration of usage, and then an incredible WD.  Were there adverse effects while you were on the celexa?

You've maybe seen this one, but if not:

Techniques for Managing an Adverse Reaction or CT WD

take a read through, as it sounds like this Wave is convincing you that this is how it will always be, or it's trying to.

I'm glad you got some work ups done.  And I too will feel much comfort when some of the symptoms you mention begin to improve a bit.  Some does sound related to your menses and hormonal flucuations. 

Would you like links to more topics specific to your symptoms?  Sometimes those help, and you might find something in a WDsymptom topic that you could try for comfort or relief.

I can find topics and link you.

Or my favorite method, tried and true that I use is:  I go to my main browser, off site, and then type in survivingantidepressants.org and the specific topic.

I'll do survivingantidepressants.org odd reactions after eating

and here's what came up first in the list:

Eating/food as an activating factor(increasing anxiety or symptoms)

Is it a particular food you eat, when symptoms happen?

I mean those are things that might help and take down some of the worry and anxiety now.

I think it's a lot of fear and anxiety too, or it sounds like it.

Okay, thoughts?  Anything in the way of improvement?  And it's been about a month now, or 4 weeks of this Wave?  And yes, nothing absolutely nothing lasts forever Phoenixmama.  Not even Waves.  This one is challenging, no doubt.  I'm so sorry.

Alright.  Best.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

I noticed that i have symptom free evenings just like in the begging of wd (this makes me happy , because it lets me know i could still be in wd ).... my neurologist wants me to get a mri with contrast because of my symptoms , and i just dont want that contrast but what if i have a tumor or something else , head feels so off with moving pain here and there nothing big , I'm also having to really focus more at work because I'm forgetting everything and cant feel what im doing or thinking its so hard to discribe.... 21 months past my adverse reaction , this is so hard  

currently taking mag

@manymoretodays hi , thank you so much for your hand , big hugs , i have not taking anything no drugs , no coffee , no chocolate , no soda , i wonder should i go back to the diet i did at the beginning of wd and cut back on the sugar again , should i treat this like im back in acute ?.... , and yes if you can send links i would greatly appreciate that being that its sometimes hard for me to even think what to type , I'm praying this is no tumor or cancer in my brain . my doctor wants me to do a mri with contrast and thats just so scary for me , she says they cant see everything without it , which for some reason dosent sit right with me.... my adverse reaction wasnt the kind that with in the first pills gave me hallucinations or anything , it was like lights and almost fainting and just feeling poisoned for three weeks ....

currently taking mag

Ohhhh the only thing I can think of that happen was I stopped using fluoride free toothpaste after oct 14th and I had a first time cancer screening biopsy when I went into have a Pap smear , that experience was very traumatic for me and painful and I can take a lot of pain but that procedure was body shocking and even spiritually 😖😖….. could that be the something that put me into this acute symptom wave , they did use some medication that was applied externally , and I didn’t take any Motrin ect….. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

i have not taking anything no drugs , no coffee , no chocolate , no soda , i wonder should i go back to the diet i did at the beginning of wd and cut back on the sugar again , should i treat this like im back in acute ?.

Yes, definitely. I would eliminate sugar and processed foods and see how you do. I'm over 7 years off these drugs and still can't handle sugar and anytime I mess up my diet, it causes problems. Treating this like acute is a great way to do self-care. 

The other procedures you described may also be at play, but right now, the one thing you can control is your diet. 

I would ate very clean for a couple of weeks and see if your symptoms get better.

2 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

I noticed that i have symptom free evenings just like in the begging of wd (this makes me happy , because it lets me know i could still be in wd )

This is good, Phoenixmama. Why not hold off on doing anything you're not comfortable with in the way of testing for a couple of weeks to see if improving your diet may help? You're already seeing improvements in the evenings. This could be a very bad wave slowly resolving. 

Thanks Shep 

currently taking mag

18 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

they did use some medication that was applied externally

Hi Phoenix, it doesn't matter if a medicine is applied externally, it still reaches the blood. That was something i had to experience myself. What medicine has this been? Most likely this is your trigger.

• 45 years old male
  • job in spatial planning
  • into sports, animals and nature
  • Started using 20 mg Paroxetine (Paxil) in 2004 for stressrelated anxiety/depression
  • Attempted several times to stop, starting a few years after 2004
  • Found out in 2015 about paxil withdrawal symptoms and the 5-10% taper guideline
  • Started using liquid paxil in 2015/2016
  • 2018 --> 11.2 mg of paxil
  • 2019-2023 developed severe food- and other sensitivities (anti imflammatory, anti oxidant, food colourings, oils, herbs, chemicals etc.)
  • 12/2023 Poop-out/tolerance, introducing brassmonkey slide method 0.1mg/week
  • 26/1/2024 10 mg (journey halfway).

@Sebas I’m not sure I think like a iodine or something it was dark amber color on a swab but he could have use other different ones I couldn’t see but I’m going to email and ask , it was a biopsy for cancer of the woman parts he like clipped my cervix then used a thin straw to collect a sample it was the most awful thing I’ve endured and I have endured many things like surgery… im guessing it’s like pushing a straw threw raw meat 😭😭😭😭😭 after that is when everything went wild for me and all over the place 

currently taking mag

Hi Pheonixmama -- I'll answer here so we don't hijack Errel's thread.

CTing from a short-term use is more of a special case than what Errel is going through. The adverse reaction that caused the CT changes the dynamic of the recovery. This is a good thing in that CTs from short-term use usually resolve much quicker and don't involve as dramatic of waves. I skimmed the last year of your posts, and it seems that you are doing quite well all things considered. Being able to travel and have medical procedures with limited upset is wonderful.

Your current wave would be just that, a wave that will resolve itself and should leave you feeling better. 

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Phoenixmama said:

I’m not sure I think like a iodine or something it was dark amber color on a swab but he could have use other different ones I couldn’t see but I’m going to email and ask , it was a biopsy for cancer of the woman parts he like clipped my cervix then used a thin straw to collect a sample it was the most awful thing I’ve endured and I have endured many things like surgery… im guessing it’s like pushing a straw threw raw meat 😭😭😭😭😭 after that is when everything went wild for me and all over the place 

very likely this is containing alcohol

• 45 years old male
  • job in spatial planning
  • into sports, animals and nature
  • Started using 20 mg Paroxetine (Paxil) in 2004 for stressrelated anxiety/depression
  • Attempted several times to stop, starting a few years after 2004
  • Found out in 2015 about paxil withdrawal symptoms and the 5-10% taper guideline
  • Started using liquid paxil in 2015/2016
  • 2018 --> 11.2 mg of paxil
  • 2019-2023 developed severe food- and other sensitivities (anti imflammatory, anti oxidant, food colourings, oils, herbs, chemicals etc.)
  • 12/2023 Poop-out/tolerance, introducing brassmonkey slide method 0.1mg/week
  • 26/1/2024 10 mg (journey halfway).
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hey there,

As I'm reading......for sure, that procedure done, and then as it was a cancer screening as well, maybe led to more worries about your headaches being a brain tumor or cancer.

So yah....that procedure the OB/Gyn one, and the medication too, might have triggered persistent, or new Wave.

I'd wait a little longer too, before doing the MRI, with or without contrast......just to see.  What does diet change do for you?  What do any other non work up, non drug practice or coping do for you?  I mean give it a couple of weeks.

Anything anti-fear, anti-anxiety you can do as well?  This season is tough enough for some.  Do you have some kind supports to call on now?  You are a single working Mom, eh?  Not ever easy.  And don't do it all alone.  Let people in to help.

This isn't unusual Phoenixmama.  We see this a lot.  AND.   Most always, testing leads nowhere.....as far as finding something going on organically, or onset of malignant disease.

Keep us updated.

On 12/7/2022 at 9:44 AM, Phoenixmama said:

i had two days of headaches then my period nov 11th with weakness and off feeling which is normal.... then after that till now which is almost four weeks of hell 

very off feeling 

cycling on and off pains in my brain

feels like my brain is jumping or something 

major nausea on and off (havent had it since the beginning months)

intrusive thoughts 

getting dizzy and feeling extreamly fatigue and almost passing out after i eat 

sweat flash after waking up ( havent had that since month 1~3) i just had two of these this morning and yesterday 

vison problems 

muscle twitching 

memory issues 

cold hands and feet 

some headache but not too bad 

......and okay, I am just quoting your symptom list now.......

I have no time today.......zero......oh my gosh, I just saw the most beautiful waterfall in the snow, and just spectacular scenery while hiking today.  I so wish I could share that somehow here.  That whole wow, and healing that nature brings.   And next up.....get ready, get festive......go to a party.

Anyway....no time right now, to get to links to topics and coping helps.  I will though.  Unless.....someone beats me to it.  Or can relate in a helpful and supportive way.

Okay, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

I'll be checking back though Pm......your not alone here.  We are all rooting for you.

Edited by manymoretodays
more

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

@manymoretodays thank you so much yes I will wait this out , my gut feeling is that procedure and a lot of stress and worry about finding a new place to move to but now I’ve recognized my stress about it and decided to hold off on it my mental health means more to me…. Enjoy your festivities 🥳 and thank you so much and everyone who’s helping me with this ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus

PMS, PMDD, and menstual cycle issues during withdrawal and after

-waking-up-in-a-sweat-sweating-antidepressants-and-withdrawal/

-body-temperature-dysregulation-heat-cold-temperature-change-intolerance/

-migraine-headache-neck-ache-pain-and-head-pressure/

Brain zaps

-derealization-or-depersonalization-dr-and-dp/

-vision-symptoms-floaters-snow-blurreddimmed-vision-twitching-dry-eyes-and-pain/

-neuromuscular-symptoms-muscle-tics-twitches-fasciculations-spasms-cramps-restless-legs/

-brain-fog-blank-mind-comprehension-concentration-cognitive-and-memory-problems/

Okay.....lot's of links to topics with your mentioned symptoms in them.  Not so you obsess on symptoms, just to show that yes, these are symptoms many experience after adverse reactions to drugs, or while in WD from.

So you could comment in topics, especially if you have found good coping for, or when you find that some symptoms resolve.

And you will.

Good plan.  Don't stress a move now.

And of course, there are all the anxiety helps too.  Google Claire Weekes, or look that name up on youtube.  She's cool......and maybe listening to her will help too.

And best.  Ho, ho, ho......I am somewhat jolly-ish.  LOL.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

thank you so much @manymoretodays

currently taking mag

@Ariel Hello , i was reading your comments on the pms tread and read you took mag and it helped , if your in the mood can you scan through my recent uptick in symptoms , its like im in acute all over again and it seems to be worse around my cycle or ovulation.... I'm so far out 21 months and all the sudden all these symptoms started... I'm just lost and waiting for a break in this wave or what ever it might be its going on four weeks , ive never had a wave last for weeks , 

also i hope your doing ok sending you big HUGS  and love❤️ and light 🌞 

also im not sure if it was against the rules to tag you lol

currently taking mag

Idk why I do this but it’s funny to me , every time I’ve been in a bad wave and I go out to lunch or work or where ever , I carry my weeks book or baylissa book 😂 I don’t even read it , but it has to be with me … Anyone else ??? 😵💫🫠

currently taking mag

Brain burning feeling all in the back of my head for three hours , I ignored it also noticed an unwell feeling like I may pass out I kept ignoring it and kept cooking and then getting ready for bed , burning moved to the front of my head now I’m laying down ignoring it , naturally my heart is telling me this may be it for me , that something is going on deep in my brain and I should get to the er , I’ve already had a ct last month in the er and everything looked good , but then my pesty neurologist wants me to do a mri with contrast , just to take a look 🙄 even tho she suspects nothing , she’s been hounding me for two years to do it but after my reaction to Ssri’s I just don’t feel comfortable with that…. My brain feels like it’s swollen , inflamed , on fire ect this is the longest wave I ever had in 21 months…. A little scared to sleep maybe I won’t wake up . Looking at my little girl laying next to me totally unaware of all the fears I have going on inside me right now….. breaks my heart 

currently taking mag

• Mentor

Dear @Phoenixmama

I am so sorry to hear about your current suffering and pain.

16 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

but then my pesty neurologist wants me to do a mri with contrast

I have also been scared of the contrast. Don’t let your head and thoughts play with your decision. There is nothing wrong with getting the contrast. What it does is seeing more clearly your brain. Which is a good thing. Not everything in the medical feald is to be scared of. You are lucky that they want to explore things more precisely.

You have gone through a lot of things in your life. Never underestimate yourself. You are stronger then you think.

I think you are a survivor in every single aspect of your life.

You should be so proud of yourself, at least I am if it’s any consolation🙏💕

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

Update the burning back of the head / brain still going on…. Feels like when your leg falls asleep or when you ice your skin and it burns , I swear if this is a wave long wave I ever had and I’m 21 months out I have not received a break… in a month , I’m losing hope , and I’m so sad , just trying to get on , pretending I’m perfectly fine in my home around everyone 

currently taking mag

Symptom I’m now dealing with , it’s like a fast brain pain then I feel very off , this happens all day 

currently taking mag

Definitely suffering mentally today , went out to do a little quick shopping , all these thoughts and dizziness is so hard , always feeling like I’m going to fall out where ever I’m at but I stay quite and keep moving , just waiting to get back home , at home I’m more in control and feel better , the thought of not knowing if this is wd or something else or my normal self is so sad , also my sight has changed it’s hard for me to read stuff close up…. All I care about is me being able to go to work and at least make money for the rent , I have no vacation time or sick time anymore…. I have two kids who depend on me fully and I live in the bay area rents are so high ugh 

FATHER PLEASE EASE SOME OF THESE SYMPTOMS, just enough to make it through please , hear my cry’s 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

currently taking mag

Also I can like feel my brain moving or churning , I can’t explain it , anyone have this symptom and after it moves I feel off balanced or something 

currently taking mag

• Moderator Emeritus
13 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

Also I can like feel my brain moving or churning , I can’t explain it , anyone have this symptom and after it moves I feel off balanced or something 

Is it this symptom you reported earlier in your thread? Here is that post from August:

On 8/31/2022 at 3:10 PM, Phoenixmama said:

Today i have a weak feeling , and a brain that feels like it has a pulse...

Or is this feeling something new? 

14 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

All I care about is me being able to go to work and at least make money for the rent , I have no vacation time or sick time anymore…. I have two kids who depend on me fully and I live in the bay area rents are so high ugh 

Are you able to apply for short / long-term disability benefits? Have you reached out to the human resources department where you work to see what the steps are? 

• Moderator Emeritus
23 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

Hi Phoenixmama,

I got what I called "whooshes" and for a long time, off and on again.  Felt exactly like my brain was moving.  I did have periods of having not the best balance.  I mean I avoided getting up on ladders and just wasn't intact with my balance. 

I'd say it is a rarity today.  Either of those symptoms.

Could it be related to dysautonomia(autonomic dysregulation)?

Dysautonomia(autonomic dysregulation)-POTS, syncope, etc

I think so.  And then it just will improve in time.

And then in this one:  What is happening in your brain?

There might be more that explains what is happening and where in the brain.......while you heal.  And I'm aware it was just one drug, celexa, and short term.........that you are recovering from PM.  But some of the principles are the same.   Unfortunately or fortunately as we know it will get better again.

Any improvements?  Anything at all?

I'm rooting for you.  Having a word with the healing fairies now.........

And good idea from Shep.  It can't hurt to ask, for short term disability.......don't be shy about that.  Obviously, you had a severe adverse reaction and are in need of some extra recovery time I think.  Less pressure, less stress.

Oh.....and support people on the ground, at home.  Are you having any luck finding folks that could help you with stuff sometimes?  Again, don't be shy in reaching out.  It's hard......I know.  I had to.  But now I can give back, and help those who helped me....... and others too.  I'll pray the right people show up for you PM.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

@manymoretodays hi , last night after 6pm till about 3 pm today I was good , cleaning , laundry , cooking , making convo , but only on my house , I took the kids to McDonald’s and while I was in the drive through the Hugh feeling came back (and I laughed ) made it back home and all the little brain pains making their way around my brain start and after they hit im like woozy again or high or drunk …. Im

laying down watching a movie typing this with a smirk on my face because of that window I had 😍 , because I know it will be back , that’s all I needed to know that it’s wd (wave) thank you for checking up on me , means a lot , also as I was in the thick of it yesterday I reached out frantically to @KenA and after I did about an hour later is when I got that window , got me thinking maybe I need to start writing in my journal again sometimes writing about your symptoms helps them

to get weaker ☺️☺️☺️ I could be just be going mad and delusional tho lol jk…. Thank you for checking in on me , it’s the most caring thing thank you 

currently taking mag

• 3 weeks later...

ive still been in the wave , it lightened up just enough to get through , but today its hitting hard again , its getting difficult to be at work and i have no choice but to work , im doing the best that i can , trying to stay sane  enough to function for my kids.... i cant help but to wonder if i'm still in wd , being that i was doing so much better in the beginning of oct...... i hope this is wd and maybe a seasonal thing im starting to greive the person i was back before oct , i was free compared to now i was still in wd but i was free to do more things and free to think of the future and was confident enough to know i will be ok , i almost want to say that these past couple months have been the worst since being in wd... i am now 23 months out from my last dose ct from celexa that i was having a bad reaction to for three weeks...... half of me wonders is this the new me ? am i out of wd ? i was nothing like this before celexa... 

symptoms

feeling off 

dark thoughts 

health anxiety 

feeling like im going to die 

pains and thuds in my brain and after worsening of off feeling 

currently taking mag

I’m in a 95% real me window right now and have been for three hours , there’s no negativity here , I’m smiling , , I see a future and my heart is not heavy… I feel good about other people and understand them … I don’t feel that wall stopping me from going forward… I don’t want it to end 😭 “this is the real me totally opposite from wave me “ I see the positivity in everything like my real self , damn this is beautiful 🙃 the only symptom i have is being slightly scared this window wont stay long but i dont think thats a symptom just a normal fear..... damn its

beautiful , i also noticed that today is a sunny day , we here in california have had rain for over 3 weeks straight. maybe its the nice weather that brought me a window  🌴🙃

currently taking mag

• Mentor

Oh @Phoenixmama what a wonderful post. You just made my day, thank you❤️

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.