Ariel

Hi @Ariel

Thinking about you. 🤗 I hope you are going okay.

Believer

1998-2015 Zoloft. 100mg

2015 Straight switch to Wellbutrin by GP who claimed Zoloft stopped working; I was experiencing occasional brain zaps. 3 months later Wellbutrin  XR. Highly activating. Lost ability to sleep. Seroquel x3 nights. Horrible reaction. Straight switch back to Zoloft, began taper. Found SA  after tapering 25 mgs a week to 25mgs and began experiencing W/D.

6/21/19 5.05 mg; 9/6/19 4.8 mg; 4/24/20 4.57 mg; 8/27/21 4.43 mg

9/20-9/25/21 xover to new RX from expired meds

10/22/21 4.13 mg; 11/26/21 3.93 mg; 4/15/22 3.74 mg; 6/3/22 3.54 mg; 8/5/22 3.38; 9/30/22 3.19; 11/18/22 3.03; 12/30/22 2.88; 2/17/23 2.74; 3/24/23 2.60; 5/12/23 2.47;  6/23/23 2.35; 8/11/23 2.24; 9/15/23 2.13; 10/20/23 2.02; 11/24/23 1.92; 1/12/24 1.83; 2/17/24 1.72; 3/23/24 1.64

Supplements: Natural Calm magnesium, Vitamin C Vitamin D during winter.

Hi Ariel,

Thinking of you. Love reading your posts, they are always so insightful and moving.

Anyway, hope you're doing okay. ❤️

December 2020 : got prescribed 20 mg paroxetine (paxil) for an anxiety disorder

Tried tapering in July 2021 by taking 20 mg every other day and failed.

Started tapering with the 10% method in January 2022 and switched to an oral suspension. 20 mg = 10 ml

Turned out to be a bit hard. Continuing with 5% drops approx.

25 January 2022 : 9 ml / 24 February 2022 : 8,1 ml / 06 April 2022 : 7,3 ml / 2 June 2022 : 7 ml / 11 July 2022 : 6,5 ml / 09 August 2022 : 6,3 ml / 26 August 2022 : 6 ml / 18 Septembre 2022 : 5,8 ml / 17 December 2022 : 5,7 ml / 04 January 2023 : 5,6 / 17 January 2023 : 5,5

Xanax from december 2020 to January 2021 / Omeprazol on and off for GERD since december 2020 : 20 mg / Birth control pill since february 2021.

@Dan998

I so often think of your comment --

On 6/17/2022 at 3:44 PM, Dan998 said:

Perhaps the monkey is getting desperate because it realises that it is going to lose?

-- and send gratitude and good wishes in your direction. 

Thank you <3

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

Thinking of you today. I did a gratitude meditation this morning and you were vividly in my mind. I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your continued kindness to so many others on here, me included. You’re a gem.  I hope that the improvements with your sleep have continued, that you have  had some moments of peace from the rest and that this day brings you some form of joy. Big hug ❤️

Drug history:

zoloft 2015-May 2021 max dose 200mg (3 month fast taper)

lexapro 5mg August 2021-September 2021 (adverse reaction, CT)

amitriptyline and tempazepam- September 2021 (1 week because of severe insomnia. Did not help. CT)

2018-September 2021 Intermittent use of benzodiazepines (mainly oxazepam, do not know exact dates approx 1-2 per week, although many months without any in between)

Earlier today something happened in my little WD bubble that left me disproportionately affected. 

There was a family get-together planned for tomorrow. 

This morning my father called to suggest we meet today instead of tomorrow. 

My first impulse was to mobilize and I heard myself saying, Yeah sure, I could probably be there in two hours from now

As I was saying that, I felt my brain go fuzzy and I started to feel dizzy and I realized that I felt confused and overwhelmed. 

I managed to say, Actually, you know what? May I just check in with my body about this to see how I feel, whether it's doable? And then I'll get back to you with an answer? Because I'm not sure in this moment what would be best, I need some time to process. 

(or something along those lines)

So I hung up the phone and sat there in a daze. I felt completely disoriented and fatigued by the mere suggestion of a change of plans. I could not wrap my mind around it. It was like I'd lost my bearings in time and space and suddenly I wasn't even sure what day it was: Is it today or tomorrow? Is it yesterday? I started to feel upset. 

I texted my father that I'd prefer to stick with the plan and meet tomorrow as scheduled. 

My mind continued to spin for hours afterwards, thoroughly upended by this unexpected information from my father and our exchange. 

And the thing is -- nothing had actually happened. The whole thing was a non-event

A change of plans was proposed, and I declined, and so ultimately nothing was altered. We are set to meet tomorrow as originally intended.

And yet -- I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon feeling fundamentally destabilized. I felt uneasy, upset, wobbly, weepy, confused, dissociated; and there wasn't much I could do about it.

It was like my brain could not differentiate between the idea of a possibility of something -- a thought -- and the reality of it. For hours my system felt so activated that it seemed like I might as well have gone with the flow and changed plans, because my body seemed to interpret it that way anyway. My brain-body reaction was so strange, and entirely beyond my control.

And the kicker is, this is an example where I was able to say, Hang on, let me take a moment, okay I can't do that. Which has taken me years -- literally years -- of practice and learning the hard way through experience (I'm in protracted withdrawal, so I've got plenty of time to practice!).

Such a simple thing, and a relative success, and still my brain goes from zero to discombobulated in an instant -- and stays there.

My stress levels spiked, my thoughts and emotions started to spiral.

All day today I've been off-rhythm, thrown by a simple, innocuous phone conversation that lasted all of two minutes. WTF. Or, WD_TF.

Routines, appointments, scheduling, repetition matter so much to me during these years.

I am physiologically unable to plan ahead more than a week or two at a time; my brain cannot comprehend a longer timeline -- past approximately 10 days, it all becomes too abstract and simply doesn't compute. At the same time, in my day-to-day operations, I rely heavily on the meager yet indispensable structure provided by knowing more or less what the day will bring. 

I do not handle surprises well, same goes for improvisation or situations that call for spontaneous, on-the-spot processing and decision-making. When I say I don't handle it well, I mean that my brain balks and my mind walks -- and I am left like a deer in headlights, in freeze mode, blank and unable to process or respond, let alone act. It is very unpleasant and very impractical. In the moment it's an experience of incapacity and not-functioning. Afterwards there's usually a complex stress response (the other side of "freeze", I suppose, or a thaw of sorts, where everything drips and icicles crack off and shatter against the ground), more often than not accompanied by a flood of neuro-emotion and torrential thoughts about some version of how broken my brain/body/life is. It is unfun and beyond my control and requires concerted effort to clumsily cope my way through, which I'm not sure counts as coping much of the time.

If there's something I have to do, such as an official appointment, an errand, or meeting with someone, I want know at least a few days ahead of time (but not more than 10-14 days ahead). This gives me a chance to get used to the idea, to get a feel for how that day will play out, to make any necessary adjustments to plans for the days before and after in order to allow for adequate time and space for rest, errands, preparation, etc. I sometimes practice the event in my mind, not so much visualization/simulation (which my brain is not so keen on these days; I have some kind of aphantasia or aphantasia-adjacent block that impacts/limits many creative/generative cognitive functions), more like preemptive acclimatisation and deescalation. It's difficult to articulate, it's like there's an underlying biorhythm that's very important for me to heed, and I have to really focus to hear it, and I'd better not cross it or else all hell breaks loose. It's been like this for years. The governing undercurrent is in constant flux, and things work best when I'm tuned into it (which is definitely not always the case). My system requires/requests a certain base level of sameness, predictability, stability and does not appreciate challenges to the status quo. Whenever I try to poke at the boundaries a little my brain/body make their disapproval known in more or less dramatic ways. 

This is slippery for me to put into words because I experience it as (something akin to) interoceptive bodily signaling on a non-verbal level. There have been times when I have mistakenly perceived/interpreted/judged this need as anxiety-driven compulsion to control, but have found again and again that this is not accurate. It is not a question of mind imposing rules and responding to alternatives with ego-defensive rigidity. It is not something that can be transcended via spiritual practice of non-attachment. I have tried to finagle and finesse from all conceivable angles and it is not psychological, mental, emotional, spiritual at root (and not not). It has to do with some primal need of the organism, essentially having to do with safety and stability and survival, something perhaps translatable to issuing a memo with instructions for optimal growing/healing/operating conditions. I cannot think of a more apt descriptor than biorhythm, although it is not that (and also not not that). It is as essential as scaffolding, and when it is compromised, there's no telling what will fall on my head. There's also the issue of reaching the limits of what my brain is able to process; not a lot of flexibility there, the borders seem brittle and non-negotiable, and when something, anything, is perceived as threatening to breach the perimeter, it's all systems go for high alert self-protection mode. Once that alarm gets set off, the stress response takes over and I cannot override it. I can only try to hang on and get through it and if I'm lucky not exacerbate it. 

It's f*cking exhausting. 

Let me emphasize, my days are not logistically demanding or complicated. Nothing happens. I am alone most of the time, doing exceedingly little. I have almost no external responsibilities or concrete challenges to speak of, virtually no pressure to perform. I do not live a life in which I have to juggle my schedule or anyone else's for that matter. And yet, it most often feels like a high-wire act of spinning plates while throwing and dodging boomerang knives and swallowing swords all while riding a unicycle across a flaming tightrope with no safety net -- just to coordinate the simplest of meetings or plot out a banal errand. If a wrench is tossed into the mix, e.g. an unexpected phone call suggesting out of the blue that a get-together be moved up from tomorrow to later today, it completely decimates any semblance of equilibrium and stuns me to shreds, confounding me to a non-functional, unrecognizable mess on the floor.  

I wonder whether my current brain development stage is comparable to that of a child at some particular phase in their development. Or I sometimes think of Dustin Hoffman's character in the movie "Rain Man" (a portrayal which has been widely criticized; I do not address that here, I'm merely referencing the performance such as it is) and how he has a meltdown at the slightest deviation from his schedule or habits. My brain is a lot like that these years. 

There's something to be said for getting to know one's brain via an extended embodied experience of being locked in the proverbial panic room that is the mind in WD (does that make sense? I can't tell, I'm too tired) -- I mean, getting to know the brain from the inside out based on what it suddenly cannot do/perform, countless tasks one took for granted before or which one never knew existed as such. Negative space exploration of ability/possibility, deductive making acquaintance. It's not uninteresting. It's also not my favorite. 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

Wow, Ariel, what presence of mind you had! Instead of reacting in the same old groove—after all, he’s your father—you weren’t shy about checking in with yourself first. What do I know, I’m an amateur, but that sure sounds like a strong sign of healing to me.

Your reaction has got to be one of those neuro-emotions. When I’m wavy, planning for, even thinking about let alone actual social contact seems to make me intensely uncomfortable, with all the reactions you describe.

I always question whether regularity (ha! Ex-Lax!) is important/crucial. That’s what I do in waves & I don’t change it much in windows. On the other hand, I was never that strict with myself before in my life (back when I was, you know, fun) & it kind of makes me feel like a dullard. (Better to be calm, though!)

Yeah, yikes, change of plans just when hanging on by nail-salon nails (and I’m not that kind of guy!). Yep, freeze: now what? Errands, for me, are really hard. Discomfort over spending the smallest money.

Aphantasia, isn’t that Walt Disney (on LSD!)? (Hm, not the one with Ariel!) Find I can force myself there but it’s sure not pretty. Dunno, faking it just isn’t fun.

I, too, have few responsibilities or challenges but changes, or even erroneous perceptions, make me the mixed metaphor of spreading Silly Putty trying not to become shattered mercury.

This one sure rang true for me, A. I feel you, it’s visceral, eh.

Must watch Rain Man again!

Lots of support for you from way out here…

CJ

Doc is not God spelled backwards!

Mirtazapine 30mg 2003-February 2022

Vortioxetine 10mg December 2021

Quetiapine 12.5mg - 25mg - 50mg - 75mg January-March 2022

Trazodone 50mg 2003-present

Alprazolam 1 mg August 2019-present

17 hours ago, Ariel said:

Earlier today something happened in my little WD bubble that left me disproportionately affected. 

My first impulse was to mobilize and I heard myself saying, Yeah sure, I could probably be there in two hours from now

As I was saying that, I felt my brain go fuzzy and I started to feel dizzy and I realized that I felt confused and overwhelmed. 

I managed to say, Actually, you know what? May I just check in with my body about this to see how I feel, whether it's doable? And then I'll get back to you with an answer? Because I'm not sure in this moment what would be best, I need some time to process. 

(or something along those lines)

So I hung up the phone and sat there in a daze. I felt completely disoriented and fatigued by the mere suggestion of a change of plans. I could not wrap my mind around it. It was like I'd lost my bearings in time and space and suddenly I wasn't even sure what day it was: Is it today or tomorrow? Is it yesterday? I started to feel upset. 

I texted my father that I'd prefer to stick with the plan and meet tomorrow as scheduled. 

My mind continued to spin for hours afterwards, thoroughly upended by this unexpected information from my father and our exchange. 

And the thing is -- nothing had actually happened. The whole thing was a non-event

A change of plans was proposed, and I declined, and so ultimately nothing was altered. We are set to meet tomorrow as originally intended.

And yet -- I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon feeling fundamentally destabilized. I felt uneasy, upset, wobbly, weepy, confused, dissociated; and there wasn't much I could do about it.

It was like my brain could not differentiate between the idea of a possibility of something -- a thought -- and the reality of it. For hours my system felt so activated that it seemed like I might as well have gone with the flow and changed plans, because my body seemed to interpret it that way anyway. My brain-body reaction was so strange, and entirely beyond my control.

And the kicker is, this is an example where I was able to say, Hang on, let me take a moment, okay I can't do that. Which has taken me years -- literally years -- of practice and learning the hard way through experience (I'm in protracted withdrawal, so I've got plenty of time to practice!).

Such a simple thing, and a relative success, and still my brain goes from zero to discombobulated in an instant -- and stays there.

My stress levels spiked, my thoughts and emotions started to spiral.

All day today I've been off-rhythm, thrown by a simple, innocuous phone conversation that lasted all of two minutes. WTF. Or, WD_TF.

Routines, appointments, scheduling, repetition matter so much to me during these years.

I am physiologically unable to plan ahead more than a week or two at a time; my brain cannot comprehend a longer timeline -- past approximately 10 days, it all becomes too abstract and simply doesn't compute. At the same time, in my day-to-day operations, I rely heavily on the meager yet indispensable structure provided by knowing more or less what the day will bring. 

I do not handle surprises well, same goes for improvisation or situations that call for spontaneous, on-the-spot processing and decision-making. When I say I don't handle it well, I mean that my brain balks and my mind walks -- and I am left like a deer in headlights, in freeze mode, blank and unable to process or respond, let alone act. It is very unpleasant and very impractical. In the moment it's an experience of incapacity and not-functioning. Afterwards there's usually a complex stress response (the other side of "freeze", I suppose, or a thaw of sorts, where everything drips and icicles crack off and shatter against the ground), more often than not accompanied by a flood of neuro-emotion and torrential thoughts about some version of how broken my brain/body/life is. It is unfun and beyond my control and requires concerted effort to clumsily cope my way through, which I'm not sure counts as coping much of the time.

If there's something I have to do, such as an official appointment, an errand, or meeting with someone, I want know at least a few days ahead of time (but not more than 10-14 days ahead). This gives me a chance to get used to the idea, to get a feel for how that day will play out, to make any necessary adjustments to plans for the days before and after in order to allow for adequate time and space for rest, errands, preparation, etc. I sometimes practice the event in my mind, not so much visualization/simulation (which my brain is not so keen on these days; I have some kind of aphantasia or aphantasia-adjacent block that impacts/limits many creative/generative cognitive functions), more like preemptive acclimatisation and deescalation. It's difficult to articulate, it's like there's an underlying biorhythm that's very important for me to heed, and I have to really focus to hear it, and I'd better not cross it or else all hell breaks loose. It's been like this for years. The governing undercurrent is in constant flux, and things work best when I'm tuned into it (which is definitely not always the case). My system requires/requests a certain base level of sameness, predictability, stability and does not appreciate challenges to the status quo. Whenever I try to poke at the boundaries a little my brain/body make their disapproval known in more or less dramatic ways. 

This is slippery for me to put into words because I experience it as (something akin to) interoceptive bodily signaling on a non-verbal level. There have been times when I have mistakenly perceived/interpreted/judged this need as anxiety-driven compulsion to control, but have found again and again that this is not accurate. It is not a question of mind imposing rules and responding to alternatives with ego-defensive rigidity. It is not something that can be transcended via spiritual practice of non-attachment. I have tried to finagle and finesse from all conceivable angles and it is not psychological, mental, emotional, spiritual at root (and not not). It has to do with some primal need of the organism, essentially having to do with safety and stability and survival, something perhaps translatable to issuing a memo with instructions for optimal growing/healing/operating conditions. I cannot think of a more apt descriptor than biorhythm, although it is not that (and also not not that). It is as essential as scaffolding, and when it is compromised, there's no telling what will fall on my head. There's also the issue of reaching the limits of what my brain is able to process; not a lot of flexibility there, the borders seem brittle and non-negotiable, and when something, anything, is perceived as threatening to breach the perimeter, it's all systems go for high alert self-protection mode. Once that alarm gets set off, the stress response takes over and I cannot override it. I can only try to hang on and get through it and if I'm lucky not exacerbate it. 

It's f*cking exhausting. 

Let me emphasize, my days are not logistically demanding or complicated. Nothing happens. I am alone most of the time, doing exceedingly little. I have almost no external responsibilities or concrete challenges to speak of, virtually no pressure to perform. I do not live a life in which I have to juggle my schedule or anyone else's for that matter. And yet, it most often feels like a high-wire act of spinning plates while throwing and dodging boomerang knives and swallowing swords all while riding a unicycle across a flaming tightrope with no safety net -- just to coordinate the simplest of meetings or plot out a banal errand. If a wrench is tossed into the mix, e.g. an unexpected phone call suggesting out of the blue that a get-together be moved up from tomorrow to later today, it completely decimates any semblance of equilibrium and stuns me to shreds, confounding me to a non-functional, unrecognizable mess on the floor.  

I wonder whether my current brain development stage is comparable to that of a child at some particular phase in their development. Or I sometimes think of Dustin Hoffman's character in the movie "Rain Man" (a portrayal which has been widely criticized; I do not address that here, I'm merely referencing the performance such as it is) and how he has a meltdown at the slightest deviation from his schedule or habits. My brain is a lot like that these years. 

There's something to be said for getting to know one's brain via an extended embodied experience of being locked in the proverbial panic room that is the mind in WD (does that make sense? I can't tell, I'm too tired) -- I mean, getting to know the brain from the inside out based on what it suddenly cannot do/perform, countless tasks one took for granted before or which one never knew existed as such. Negative space exploration of ability/possibility, deductive making acquaintance. It's not uninteresting. It's also not my favorite. 

@Ariellet me start by saying that I don’t think I have heard/read/met too many people with your ability to articulate so well (more so consider you are in the midst of withdrawal). I truly enjoy reading you. You do an exceptional job at describing your experiences to where I am able to really see where you are at as you describe things. You seem to know yourself so well even through dissociation, etc…

I am sorry for the negative experiences you mentioned. It’s not fun. What you describe as the root of what you feel in regards to change of plans makes sense. As I read you sharing about that, moments when I have had to just worry about a closer time period (not too far in the future) come to mind. Those were times were I have felt most overwhelmed. And it’s ok. I can see, and have experienced, how exhausting it can be. 

i am happy for the boundaries you are setting for yourself. Such a good example of self kindness and love. It’s a big accomplishment, specially considering it’s taken years to get there. I bet you are proud of yourself. I am proud of you, my friend. 
Sending relief and healing vibes your way.

2002-2021: 19 yrs on/off psychotropics

2/2022: Wellbutrin 150mg, Lexapro 20mg  3/22: Wellbutrin 150mg xl, Lexapro 10mg    4/22: Wellbutrin 150xl, Lexapro 5mg 

4/2022: Lexa 7.5mg total, Wellbutrin 150mg    5/2022: Wellb 112.5mg xl, Lexa 7.5mg (Stopped Clonazepam & Hydroxyzine- didn't take often)

6/2022: Welbutrin 111mg xl, Lexa 6.8mg          8/2022: Wellbutrin 100mg xl, Lexa 6.8mg            10/9/22: Wellbutrin 100 mg IR, Lexa 6.5 mg

11/3/22: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6.5 mg       11/30/22: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6 mg

3/15/23: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6.2 mg???

Other Daily Meds: Singulair 10mg, Zyrtec 10mg, Spiriva Respimat inhaler.  Rarely taking: OTC pain relievers, Diclofenac, Cyclobenzaprine, anti acids

SupplementsFish oil 1300mg, Nigella oil, Mag Glycinate 200mg, Probiotics 30 billion, 1/5 dose prenatals, Melatonin .38mg, (Reishi, Lion's Mane & psilocybin microdosing by cycles)

• Mentor

@Ariel So sorry you are in a tough place!
You are a great inspiration that you can see and feel what is going on and make that decision to take care of yourself! 

Sending healing vibes and prayers your way! 💪

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

Sweet Ariel, 

I am hoping that you are doing well and sending you big hugs from across seas and countries. 

OMW

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

On 8/20/2022 at 4:55 PM, Ariel said:

It's f*cking exhausting.

This sums it up perfectly. But you are doing it, navigating through this all as best you can.  I am in awe of your strength, Ariel.  I am thinking of you and sending lots of good thoughts your way, WR.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

• Mentor
On 8/21/2022 at 12:55 AM, Ariel said:

Wow, as soon as I got to this bit I thought “oh no, a change of plan, that isn’t possible”!!! And that was my reaction, for me, who isn’t in PAWS and has actually been feeling pretty good lately.  So I can see that for you this felt like an unmitigated disaster.  Isn’t it great that you were able to stand up to your father (a person you (probably) find it incredibly hard to say no to) and say no, actually I need xyz and can’t change the plan. You were able to put yourself first, and not sacrifice yourself for his needs and requests. He was not putting you first in his request. Also the fact that he accepted your no must also be progress from him?  Well done 👏👍

I’m sorry it has had such a bad effect on you anyway, but I’m sure this will really help build you back up - you checked in with how you felt, you acknowledged it and you put yourself first. You can look after yourself in unexpected circumstances, you can say no, you can do this. And do you know what, the world doesn’t end because we say no! Amazingly people accept it and it’s ok. 

How do you feel about it now?

am not a medical professional. I provide information and make suggestions based on my own experience and SA guidelines. I am unable to respond to private messages. 

Mirtazepine 15mg Nov 2018 -April 2019  April - Sept 2019 Mirtazepine down to around 6mg - skipping days to taper

October 2019 - Dec 2019 unwell from failed taper including jumping about in doses 

15 December 2019 to 13 June 2021 15mg Mirtazepine 

14 June 2021 started brass monkey Slide.  
2021: 23 August 12.3mg, 28 October 11.1mg, 6 Dec 10mg

2022: 12 Feb 8.5, 25 Oct 4.5mg

2023: 16 Jan 3.6mg, 28 Sept 1.8mg

@Ariel I have been thinking of your this week as you are so good at connecting with others. Been struggling as my desire to connect has decreased significantly. I wonder how you do it. 
On the last comment you left for me as I was doubting my coping skills you said something I loved along the lines of “f*ck getting through this with grace! I’m just trying to get through this!” And on my side, you seem most graceful inspite all the struggles you experience. On this note, inside (and secretly) I don’t like to wish people they are doing good because there’s a huge expectation to always be good lol. It can be exhausting. I also don’t wish people bad though. I think you get my point. So, in hopes to not put that pressure on you, but always wishing everyone the best, I want to close my brief visit to you with an… I hope that whatever this week has brought, and will bring, is of use to you. Hugs 🤗  

2/2022: Wellbutrin 150mg, Lexapro 20mg  3/22: Wellbutrin 150mg xl, Lexapro 10mg    4/22: Wellbutrin 150xl, Lexapro 5mg 

4/2022: Lexa 7.5mg total, Wellbutrin 150mg    5/2022: Wellb 112.5mg xl, Lexa 7.5mg (Stopped Clonazepam & Hydroxyzine- didn't take often)

6/2022: Welbutrin 111mg xl, Lexa 6.8mg          8/2022: Wellbutrin 100mg xl, Lexa 6.8mg            10/9/22: Wellbutrin 100 mg IR, Lexa 6.5 mg

11/3/22: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6.5 mg       11/30/22: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6 mg

Other Daily Meds: Singulair 10mg, Zyrtec 10mg, Spiriva Respimat inhaler.  Rarely taking: OTC pain relievers, Diclofenac, Cyclobenzaprine, anti acids

SupplementsFish oil 1300mg, Nigella oil, Mag Glycinate 200mg, Probiotics 30 billion, 1/5 dose prenatals, Melatonin .38mg, (Reishi, Lion's Mane & psilocybin microdosing by cycles)

Dear @Ariel,

Reading you is such a joy. I need to find the right time to do it, just like I do with my favourite books, so I can let every word sink in and learn from them.

Your experiences (unfortunatelly for all of us in WD) are so relatable, but you have the capacity to put the right words to them, so we can all feel so validated and even relieved when reading them. Like: "hey, I went through that x time ago!". 

I am so happy that you could say "no" to the change of plans. Maybe it was not easy, maybe, as you said, it was f***** exhausting. But you did it. You stopped yourself when you were already changing the plans in your mind and thought and did what was best for you. You should be proud of yourself. I am not an expert, but to me that is a proof that you are doing progress. Your were able to stop your brain in a situation that I am sure was very stressful and instead of "going with the flow" of the situation and saying yes, which is the easiest thing, you did not. Thats a big step. 

I wonder how your symptoms are. Have you experienced any changes? I've read that you reduced your melatonin dosage with no major issues. Thats great, also. 

I send you a big hug, dear Ariel. You are in my thoughts even though I dont write as much as I should.

March 2019: 10mg Citalopram

April 2019: 20mg Citalopram

October/November 2019(sorry, I don't remember the exact date): 10mg of Citalopram without tapering, as suggested by my pharmacist. 

March 2020: Started "tapering", taking the 10mg of Citalopram every other day, again, following the recommendations of my pharmacist. 

April 2020: Stopped taking Citalopram.

I haven't reinstall since then. I've tried taking Magnesium a couple of times, but I found out it makes me nervous. I only take Paracetemol when the headache becomes unbearable (2gr every couple of weeks or so). 

Hi @Ariel

I read your recent post about how you reacted to the "non-event" of the proposal of changing plans by your father.  I'm sorry to see how much turmoil such a thing can cause for you, but I also wanted to let you know that before reading that post, I just previously read the "About Me" section on your profile.  Despite the dysregulation that proposal caused, your writing about it is so much more ordered, cleaner, clearer, and coherent than your "About Me" section.  You're also doing so much of the things that you said in that section that you said were difficult or even impossible at the time, such as supporting others virtually in writing, which you do in amazing abundance.

It's pretty clear looking in from the outside that you've made noticeable progress since you first joined SA.  I hope you can take a moment to acknowledge that this progress is visible to others, even if you might not feel it yourself. 

2013 - Jan 4, 2021 - Sertraline 50mg 

Jan 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg (1/4)

Feb 2021 Mar 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg

April 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg, Amitriptyline 2mg (4/20), Clonazepam 2mg

May 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg (5/16 - 0mg), Amitriptyline (5/1 - 1mg, 5/16 - 0mg), Clonazepam 2mg

Aug 2021 - Sertraline 25mg (re 8/20), Clonazepam 2mg 

Sep 2021 - Sertraline 50mg (up 9/3), Clonazepam (9/29 - 1mg), Diazepam (9/29 - 2.5mg)

Oct 2021 - Sertraline 50mg, Clonazepam (10/14 - 0.9mg, 10/24 - 1mg), Diazepam (10/6 - 1.25mg, 10/14 - 0mg), Trazodone (10/03 - 50mg, 10/17 - 25mg, 10/21 - 12.5mg), Mirtazapine (10/17 - 15mg)

Nov 2021 : Current - Sertraline 50mg, Clonazepam (4/22 - 0.975mg, 5/22 - 0.9125mg, co 6/22 - 0.25mg, co 8/22 - 0.5mg, co 1/23 - 0.25mg),

Diazepam (co 6/22 - 12mg, 7/22 - 11mg, co 8/22 - 5mg, 9/22 - 4mg, 10/22 - 3mg, 11/22 - 2mg, 12/22 - 1mg, co 1/23 - 5mg, 2/23 - 4.5mg, 3/23 - 3.5mg, 4/23 - 3mg), Trazodone 12.5mg, Mirtazapine 15mg

Supplements: 1/2 Multivitamin, Fish Oil 2000mgProbioticMagnesium Chelate 280mg, Vit C 500mg. Melatonin 5mg/3mgXR

Hello @Ariel:  I was just re-reading something very helpful you posted on my thread 🙏 and I wanted to check-in and say hello.  You have been in my thoughts and I hope you are doing as well as possible. 💗

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

On 8/21/2022 at 1:55 AM, Ariel said:

It's f*cking exhausting. 

I am right there with you Ariel. Every single word. Uncoordinated meetups are bad in withdrawal, but infinitely worse when they come from triggering family members (hi mom). 

Especially the ‘today’-request is poison. Minimum 24 hours is required to pick out the right PPE.

2004: (apr): Citalopram 20 mg, June 60 mg., dec 20 mg

2004 (dec): Mirtazapine 15 mg.

2014 (Jun): Citalopram stop cold turkey. Began 10 mg Vortioxetine

2017: (dec): Mirtazapine 15 mg ->30 mg (after three day stint on psych ward)

2020: (aug): Vortioxetine 10 mg stopped cold turkey. 

2020 (dec): Mirtazapine 30 mg -> 15 mg (GPs instructions)

2021 (feb): Mirtazapine reinstatement 26,25 mg

2022 (Jan): Mirtazapine (5% taper): 14. Jan 24,9 mg, 6. feb 23,7 mg, 1. marts 22,5 mg, 15. marts 21,3 mg, 2. april 20 mg, 26. april 19. mg, 25. may 18.1 mg, 26 jun 17 mg.

Have always taken fish oil capsules. Do not drink alcohol when tapering. 1 multivitamin pill a day. Try to eat healthy, but impossible on mirtazapine.

Hi @Ariel

Thinking about you. Miss seeing your insightful posts. I hope you are doing well these past several days. The weather here is changing, and I am looking forward to the cooler temperatures and fall colors. 
Healing prayers for you.

Hugs,

Believer

1998-2015 Zoloft. 100mg

2015 Straight switch to Wellbutrin by GP who claimed Zoloft stopped working; I was experiencing occasional brain zaps. 3 months later Wellbutrin  XR. Highly activating. Lost ability to sleep. Seroquel x3 nights. Horrible reaction. Straight switch back to Zoloft, began taper. Found SA  after tapering 25 mgs a week to 25mgs and began experiencing W/D.

6/21/19 5.05 mg; 9/6/19 4.8 mg; 4/24/20 4.57 mg; 8/27/21 4.43 mg

9/20-9/25/21 xover to new RX from expired meds

10/22/21 4.13 mg; 11/26/21 3.93 mg; 4/15/22 3.74 mg; 6/3/22 3.54 mg; 8/5/22 3.38; 9/30/22 3.19; 11/18/22 3.03; 12/30/22 2.88; 2/17/23 2.74; 3/24/23 2.60; 5/12/23 2.47;  6/23/23 2.35; 8/11/23 2.24; 9/15/23 2.13; 10/20/23 2.02; 11/24/23 1.92; 1/12/24 1.83; 2/17/24 1.72; 3/23/24 1.64

Supplements: Natural Calm magnesium, Vitamin C Vitamin D during winter.

Believer just reminded me. We believe in you, Ariel!

hugs from

CJ

Hi @Ariel, I've just read your long post from Aug 21. For someone with an impaired brain you write like a pro. I'm not sure I could marshal my thoughts right now in such a clear way for so many paragraphs. I wanted to ask you if you'd always felt 'discombobulated' at the thought of appointments/errands/changed plans etc or has it only been during WD? I have always been fond of routines and have always had to psyche myself up to do the simplest thing/task/errand/get together. But it's 100 times worse during WD.

Sending healing thoughts to you xx

History of depression and anxiety. Symptoms of PTSD. 1998-1999 Venlafaxine 2006-2007 Prozac.2013-15 Sertraline 50mg. 2015 cross-tapered to citalopram 20mg. 2015-2021 Citalopram 20mg (brief increase to 30mg for 2/3 months in 2019. 01/2021 Dropped from 20mg to 10mg, back up to 20mg til June. 25/6/21 stopped CT. Started 50mg 5htp after a week without citalopram in the hope this would balance out my serotonin levels. After 3 days increased to 100mg 5htp. 11/7/21 Stopped 5htp with the intention of reinstating citalopram at 1mg. 16/7/21 Reinstated cit at 1mg. 2/8/21 Increased dose to 2mg. 28/11/21 10% reduction to 1.8mg.

8/12/21 2mg 6/1/22 1.8mg 10/2/22 1.6mg 13/5/22 1.5mg 4/6/22 1.55mg 4/7/22 1.4mg 4/8/22 1.25mg 1/11/22 1.1mg 3/3/23 1mg 18/4/23 0.9mg 2/6/23 0.8mg 4/10/23 0.7mg 11/11/23 jumped off @0.7mg started on 5htp 200mg -400mg, L-Theanine, and L-tyrosine 200mg. 25/11/23 came off 5-htp, l-tyrosine and l-Theanine. 24/12/23 went on 7.5mg mirtazapine. 27/12/23 stopped mirtazapine & reinstated citalopram @.35mg. 1/1/24 increased to 0.5mg. PTSD diagnosis October 2023. 11/11/23 started EMDR therapy for PTSD. Multiple unsuccessful attempts to taper off citalopram. Vegan, otherwise healthy lifestyle. Other medications; tapering off combined HRT. Other supplements; magnesium glycinate, vegan omega3. Completely OFF caffeine (since July 21). Finding it difficult to completely give up alcohol but haven’t had any since 25/12/23. Main symptoms; crushing depression, anhedonia/emotional anesthesia, irritability, rage, anxiety/fear, intrusive thoughts, cognitive fog, inability to focus, restlessness and some insomnia

Dear Ariel, there are so many here who think of you with great tenderness and healing. Your compassionate voice has moved us all. Wishing you comfort and safety. Your Thai penpal, CJ

Hi Ariel, 

I miss you (pretty sure I'm not the only one), your courage, and inspiration. Hope you're doing well and hearing from you soon.

BP

2000 -2013: various antidepressants.

2013 - 2019: Lexapro 20 mg

2019 - April 2021: Lexapro 10 mg (No withdrawal)

April 2021 - March 2022: Lexapro 5 mg (No withdrawal)

2013 - April 2022: Vyvanse 50 mg

Feb. 23 - April 3, 2022: Finasteride 1mg.

March/April 2022 - Stopped Cold Turkey 

March 5,  2022 - Quit smoking CT after 30+ years

July 20, 2022 - Quit coffee.

Reinstatement:

Escitalopram - July 5-10, 2022: 5mg; July 11-15: 10mg; July 16-31: 20mg; Aug 1-14: 15mg; Aug 15-22: 12.5mg; Aug 23-Sept 2: 12mg; Sept 3-8: 11.5mg; Sept 9-10: 11.4mg; Sept 11-18: 11mg; Sept 19-24: 10.5mg; Sept. 25-January 2024: 10mg; February - March 2024 - : 9mg; April 2024 - 8mg.

Vyvanse - July 5-10, 2022: 40mg; July 11, 2022- June 12, 2023: 50mg; June 13, 2023 - December 2023: 40mg; January 2024 - Present: 30mg.

Yes me too - I am missing your "voice" here.  I hope you are okay, dearest Ariel. @Ariel

• Mentor

Hello, thinking of you often and sorry you’ve hit what may be a nasty wave ❤️

am not a medical professional. I provide information and make suggestions based on my own experience and SA guidelines. I am unable to respond to private messages. 

Mirtazepine 15mg Nov 2018 -April 2019  April - Sept 2019 Mirtazepine down to around 6mg - skipping days to taper

October 2019 - Dec 2019 unwell from failed taper including jumping about in doses 

15 December 2019 to 13 June 2021 15mg Mirtazepine 

14 June 2021 started brass monkey Slide.  
2021: 23 August 12.3mg, 28 October 11.1mg, 6 Dec 10mg

2022: 12 Feb 8.5, 25 Oct 4.5mg

2023: 16 Jan 3.6mg, 28 Sept 1.8mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear Ariel, 
I join my peers to send you some support thoughts and healing wishes. ❤️ 

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

@Arielwondering how you are doing my friend. Hugs

• Mentor

sending you a gentle hug 

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

Thinking of you ❤️ 

2009 Escitalopram 10mg

April 2013 got off August 2013 reinstated 

July 2015 Ketipinor 50mg (Quetiapin)

April 2021 got off Quetiapin 4w taper

May 2021 tapered off Escitalopram 

9 August 2021 back on Escitalopram 2,5mg. Down to 2 mg. Updosed to 2,2mg August 24 Down to 2mg September 2

Updosed to 3mg Sept 28 

December Still holding ❤️

June 9 2022 2,9 mg

June 19 2022 2,85 mg

December 2022 switched syringes and realized i am actually taking 3,4 mg

Supplements vitamin E 400 magnesium malate a fraction of 400, Rosita Cod liver oil

• Mentor

@Ariel  Think of you 🌞

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you’re doing ok @Ariel, thinking of you ❤️

April 2013-May 2014 - Fluoxetine 10mg- 40mg

June 2014 - October 2015 -Sertraline 50mg - 150mg

October - December 2015 - Sertraline 200mg, Mirtazapine 15mg, Quetiapine 50mg 

March - September 2016 - Sertraline 200mg (between May and August I tapered off completely)

September 2016 - March 2019 - Mirtazapine 15mg then 45mg, Quetiapine 50mg

April 2019 -June 2020  Venlafaxine 150-300mg, Quetiapine 50-125mg 

June 2020- July 2020 - Vortioxetine 10-20mg, Quetiapine 125mg 

August 2020 - Mirtazapine 45mg, Quetiapine 125mg 

August 2020 - tapering began - off by end Dec 20

September 2020 - Pregabalin up to 600mg daily - started tapering quickly by 75mg every week, and got to 250mg by December, then by 25mg, every 2 weeks. Currently 200mg Pregabalin daily. I'm so variable day to day, not sure how much is due to taper. 

March 2022 - Lamotrigine 5mg, LDN 0.5-4.5mg

27 Sept 2022; tapered from 75 to 66mg Pregabalin,6th October 2022 -  went up to 84mg  Pregabalin to alleviate symptoms

Hope we hear that you are doing okay, soon, Ariel.

Grace

• amitriptyline from 1980-2002,
  • intermittent  use of benzos over 2 decades prior to 2002
  • 2002-2010 Klonopin 1-2 mg., ambien 10--20, mg, remeron 4 mg. and  trileptal 300 mg
  • 2011 Stopped ambien and crossed over to valium 17.5 mg. (updosing 2.5 mg. to cover ambien C/T )
  • tapered valium w/ long holds to 12.74 mg. from a high of approximately 20-30 mg/day
  • 2015-present tapered trileptal aggressively for a year; now intermittently; interacts w/ other drugs
  • currently 2024 still on 96 mg. trileptal and 4 mg. remeron
  •  Currently on benzo hold as I have to cross-over from brand-name valium to generic diazepam.  
  • Current dose of diazepam is 8.8 and valium is 5.7.  I had to up-dose the total valium/diazepam from 12.74 to 14.5 where I have stayed since June 2023.  I am crossing over to generic at a somewhat tolerable rate of .3mg/month after about 2 months of trial/error w/ updosing.  I am not currently tapering; will continue to cross over. 

Wish you were here Ariel

Currently tapering Mirtazapine; previously tapered Cymbalta 30mg from June 2018-Feb 2019 and Seroquel 150mg to zero from Oct-December 2020.

Supplements for Hashimoto's disease and histamine issues relating to Mirtazapine:   Vitamin D3 1,000mcg, bio-identical HRT, Selenium, Quercetin, Lutein, Zinc, Vitamin C, Omega 3.

Mirtazapine Taper: 2021 16th Aug -  transitioned to liquid from tablet by dissolving two 15mg tablets into a solution of 15 ml water and 15 ml maple syrup on a starting dose of what I thought was 7.5ml; 17 Sept  - 7.31; 24 Sept  - 7.13; 15 Oct  - 6.95; 6 Nov  - 6.78; 21 Nov  - 6.61; 5 Dec  - 6.51;

2022 - 1 Jan 6.41; 1 Feb  - 6.1; 9 Mar -  5.8; 13 Mar - 5.9; 7 Apr - 5.8; 21 Apr - 5.7; 7 May - 5.63; 23 May - 5.55; 8 June 5.50;  (got COVID on 12th June so held); 1 July 5.4; 15 July 5.32; 8 Aug 5.2; 15 Aug 5.1; 22 Aug 5; 19 Sept 4.9; 2 Oct 4.81; 13 Oct 4.71; (COVID Booster 17/10/22 so longer hold ); 1 Nov 4.65; 3 Nov 4.60; 10 Nov 4.55; 13 Nov 4.50; 17 Nov 4.45; 20 Nov 4.40;  2 Dec 4.30mg; 9 Dec 4.20mg; I discovered that the volumetric container measured 33ml rather than 30ml in Dec 2022. Following helpful advice from moderator OnMyWay (see her  reply of the 5th March) discovered taper with the dilution was 3.8mg (calculated by dividing 30/33 so that every 1ml of solution has  0.90ml of Mirtazapine.  7.50 - 0.90= 6.6ml which was the starting dose on 16th Aug 2021 not 7.5ml).  I decided to keep using the solution as I didn't want more change to deal with than I had to.

2023 17 Mar 4.1(3.7); 26 Mar 4.0(3.6); 14 Apr 3.9(3.51)28 Apr 3.8(3.42); 6 Jun 3.7(3.33); 19 Jun 3.6(3.24); 30 Jun 3.5(3.1); 19 Jul 3.4(3.06); 27 Jul 3.35 (3.01); 29 Jul 3.3 (2.97); 4 Aug 3.25 (2.92); 7 Aug 3.2 (2.88); 21 Aug 3.1 (2.79); 14.09 3 (2.7); 29th Sept 2.9(2.61); 15 Oct 2.8(2.52); 30 Oct 10 2.7(2.43); 13 Nov 2.65(2.38); 20 Nov 2.6(2.34); 26 Nov 2.55(2.29); 10 Dec 2.5(2.25); 

2024 - 14 Jan 2.45(2.20); 22 Jan 2.40(2.16); 29 Jan 2.35(2.11); 2 Feb 2.3 (2.07);15 Feb 2.25(2.02); 22 Feb 2.21 (1.98); 29 Feb 2.17(1.95); 7 Mar 2.13(1.91); 21 Mar 2.05 (1.84); 31 Mar 2.01 (1.80); 14 Apr 1.90 (1.71);

This is not 'medical advice' - my 'non medical advice' is don't get any more 'medical advice' or you may end up getting more 'medical treatment' i.e more drugs, DSM labels and/or ECT.   Please do not PM me thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Ariel❤️ 

I have seen your beautiful and encouraging posts all over the forum and just wanted to say that I think you are an amazing person. Going through your own situation still being able to help and encourage others is beyond words. I hope you are doing okay ❤️

Citalopram for OCD 2008-2012, Drug free 2012-2015, Citalopram for anxiety 2015-2016, Drug free 2016-2017 (pregnancy), Sertralin for OCD 10/2017-04/2019. Tried fast tapering in 2019 for second pregnancy, failed (depression started), reinstated, med did not work anymore. Used Ativan then for 4 moths an tapered down in a few weeks with no problem. Built tolerance and interdose wothdrawal early on Ativan even with 3/day dosing. Since that, depression meds have had no effect.

Until Jun/2021: escitalopram 20mg (monotherapy), Jun/2021-Jul/2021: escitalopram 20mg + bupropion 150mg

Jul/2021-Jul/2021: escitalopram 10mg + clomipramine 10-75mg (tried to switch escitalopram to clomipramine but too bad side effects), 

Jul/2021-Aug/2021: bupropion 150mg (reinstated in hospital) + escitalopram 15mg, Aug/2021-Sept/27/2021: bupropion 300mg (upped dose) + escitalopram 15mg 

Sept/27/2021-Sept/17/2021: Bupropion 150mg (lowered dose) + Trintellix 5-10mg (switched escitalopram to Trintellix)

Sept/17/2021-Dec/8/2021: Trintellix 20mg (dosage doubled after stopping Wellbutrin since Wellbutrin doubles Trintellix's blood concentration with doses 150-300mg)

Dec/8/2021 : Trintellix 18mg, August 2022: crash at 5,8 mg Trintellix, hospitalized

September 2022: Trintellix 20mg, Ativan 1mgx3, mirtazapine 7,5mg, October 2022: Stupid rapid taper attempt of Trintellix 20mg -> 10mg -> 7,5 mg.  Back up to 15mg 10/16/2022.

Trintellix: 12/12/2022 13,94 mg (-7%); 1/9/2023 13,0mg (-7%)

Hello,

Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you.

I send you a big hug, dear Ariel.

March 2019: 10mg Citalopram

April 2019: 20mg Citalopram

October/November 2019(sorry, I don't remember the exact date): 10mg of Citalopram without tapering, as suggested by my pharmacist. 

March 2020: Started "tapering", taking the 10mg of Citalopram every other day, again, following the recommendations of my pharmacist. 

April 2020: Stopped taking Citalopram.

I haven't reinstall since then. I've tried taking Magnesium a couple of times, but I found out it makes me nervous. I only take Paracetemol when the headache becomes unbearable (2gr every couple of weeks or so). 

Moi aussi, sweet A!

Translation:

So am I,

Edited by ChessieCat

On 2/22/2022 at 1:53 PM, Ariel said:

hello. i'm going to attempt an introduction. i reserve any possible ambition about a coherent, comprehensive history for a potential future recovery success story. i'll do what i can for now. 

Hi Ariel, thank you so much for posting your story.  I was just sitting here thinking what else is going on with me that I am still sick with WD symptoms after over 4 years from when WD started.  Most stories I see people recover within a few months or years.

I'm sorry you have been suffering so long, but I'm glad you posted. 

Effexor 2008 - 2017 37.5 Mg . Upped to 150 mg on 2017.  November of 2017 to March 2018 went from 150 mg to 0.

Ativan May 2018 started 1 - 2 mg daily stayed at 1mg Sept 2018. 03/9/19 .975mg, 03/16 .950mg, 04/13 .94, 04/20 .93, 04/27 .916 slowly tapered from April to  August 2019 at .77mg,  December 2020 .10mg, Jan 2021 0.0 MG 

Valium June 2018 started 10 mg currently 2.5 mg daily, September 2021 0.0 mg

Trazadone started March 2018 100 mg at night to sleep Oct 16, 2018 went to 75 mg , November 13, 2018 67.5 mg, Dec 11 60.75 mg, January 21, 2019  54 mg, 02/09 50 mg, March 2022 0.0 mg

Six Ketamine treatments September 2018.  2 treatments a week for 3 weeks

Completely drug free as of March 2022

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ariel,

I don't know if you have turned off notifications for posts on your threads and where you are and how you are but you haven't been on the site in a long time.

I wonder how you are and if you are ok.  Boundary issue - these are my feelings not yours but I have been told (never actually seen it in action) that we are all of us interdependent.  I hope you are ok.  In the relatively short time you were on the site and posting actively, you made a huge and very positive impact to so many people here showing an extraordinary degree of empathy, compassion and wisdom, the ability to get to the nugget of each person's story and struggles...I am going to let it go after this and not post further.  It has been a long road for me to respect other people's boundaries...I might never get there but I am improving a small bit.   

Oaktree

Currently tapering Mirtazapine; previously tapered Cymbalta 30mg from June 2018-Feb 2019 and Seroquel 150mg to zero from Oct-December 2020.

Supplements for Hashimoto's disease and histamine issues relating to Mirtazapine:   Vitamin D3 1,000mcg, bio-identical HRT, Selenium, Quercetin, Lutein, Zinc, Vitamin C, Omega 3.

Mirtazapine Taper: 2021 16th Aug -  transitioned to liquid from tablet by dissolving two 15mg tablets into a solution of 15 ml water and 15 ml maple syrup on a starting dose of what I thought was 7.5ml; 17 Sept  - 7.31; 24 Sept  - 7.13; 15 Oct  - 6.95; 6 Nov  - 6.78; 21 Nov  - 6.61; 5 Dec  - 6.51;

2022 - 1 Jan 6.41; 1 Feb  - 6.1; 9 Mar -  5.8; 13 Mar - 5.9; 7 Apr - 5.8; 21 Apr - 5.7; 7 May - 5.63; 23 May - 5.55; 8 June 5.50;  (got COVID on 12th June so held); 1 July 5.4; 15 July 5.32; 8 Aug 5.2; 15 Aug 5.1; 22 Aug 5; 19 Sept 4.9; 2 Oct 4.81; 13 Oct 4.71; (COVID Booster 17/10/22 so longer hold ); 1 Nov 4.65; 3 Nov 4.60; 10 Nov 4.55; 13 Nov 4.50; 17 Nov 4.45; 20 Nov 4.40;  2 Dec 4.30mg; 9 Dec 4.20mg; I discovered that the volumetric container measured 33ml rather than 30ml in Dec 2022. Following helpful advice from moderator OnMyWay (see her  reply of the 5th March) discovered taper with the dilution was 3.8mg (calculated by dividing 30/33 so that every 1ml of solution has  0.90ml of Mirtazapine.  7.50 - 0.90= 6.6ml which was the starting dose on 16th Aug 2021 not 7.5ml).  I decided to keep using the solution as I didn't want more change to deal with than I had to.

2023 17 Mar 4.1(3.7); 26 Mar 4.0(3.6); 14 Apr 3.9(3.51)28 Apr 3.8(3.42); 6 Jun 3.7(3.33); 19 Jun 3.6(3.24); 30 Jun 3.5(3.1); 19 Jul 3.4(3.06); 27 Jul 3.35 (3.01); 29 Jul 3.3 (2.97); 4 Aug 3.25 (2.92); 7 Aug 3.2 (2.88); 21 Aug 3.1 (2.79); 14.09 3 (2.7); 29th Sept 2.9(2.61); 15 Oct 2.8(2.52); 30 Oct 10 2.7(2.43); 13 Nov 2.65(2.38); 20 Nov 2.6(2.34); 26 Nov 2.55(2.29); 10 Dec 2.5(2.25); 

2024 - 14 Jan 2.45(2.20); 22 Jan 2.40(2.16); 29 Jan 2.35(2.11); 2 Feb 2.3 (2.07);15 Feb 2.25(2.02); 22 Feb 2.21 (1.98); 29 Feb 2.17(1.95); 7 Mar 2.13(1.91); 21 Mar 2.05 (1.84); 31 Mar 2.01 (1.80); 14 Apr 1.90 (1.71);

This is not 'medical advice' - my 'non medical advice' is don't get any more 'medical advice' or you may end up getting more 'medical treatment' i.e more drugs, DSM labels and/or ECT.   Please do not PM me thanks.