AmitV: Escitalopram Withdrawal - Anxiety, Chronic Dizziness & High Heart Rates

AmitV

mod note-  split off responses from Faust's Success story, starting here.

Hello @MaggieSmalls & @LostInCanada

I'm responding to your PM's here. So others can see it too.

Feel free to PM me with any more questions.

I take a very high dosage of P5P (Active B6) - 600mg split 3 times/day, which made a difference within 48-72hrs. Normal B6 didn't do anything for me. Supplementing with normal B6 interferes with active B6 in the body. In some people low dosages work, in others high. I'm the one that needs high dosages. It's not cheap, unfortunately.

Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate and Akathisia - RxISK

Same for niacinamide - I take 3000mg total split 3 times a day, which made a difference in less than a week. The improvements are cumulative day after day. Previous gains haven't been lost.

I also take 125mg of nicotinic acid (flushing niacin) - Twice a day. I believe this helps flushing of liver somehow and re-establish the balance of liver enzymes which these psychiatric drugs are potent inhibitors of. The GAD enzyme is the primary enzyme that manages the regulation of chronic stress, trauma, mental health, rest and digestion, etc. 

Microsoft Word - 1976-v05n01-p004.doc (isom.ca)

I attribute my tremors, tics, and twitches going away in a few days to the above. DP/DR dropped in 3 weeks.

As for PPPD, I'm following this story.

PPPD – Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness - RxISK

Post Withdrawal syndromes are very poorly understood. So are drug adverse reactions. While I have no evidence to prove my theory, and it has been pointed to me that I'm selling pseudoscience, it appears that it is a mix of Akathisia and Functional Neurological Symptoms from Akathisia. The entire context of functional neurological disorders is they appear from "trauma". Nothing can be identified on blood, vision, vestibular, Holter tests, and MRIs, except a functional MRI. They are not a chemical imbalance. The "trauma" in protracted withdrawal syndrome is Akathisia. Some people report going into withdrawals 6-9-12 months after stopping their meds. Which appears to be consistent with Tardive Akathisia. Drug Adverse reaction folks who only took meds for less than a month suffer for years, this appears to Akathisia - "trauma". Neurological symptoms - FND. The combination of this appears to be classified as a "Kindled Brain". This is why even folks with "kindled brains" sometimes make abrupt and full recoveries because there is no brain damage. For reference, some people find relief in withdrawals from cyproheptadine or Benadryl. Both are pharamceutical interventions for akathisia.

People who recover from Akathisia and FND, their memories of the event are very foggy and they just want to get on with their lives. So I don't blame Faust for not coming back to respond. Understanding the FND mechanism is important wrt to this. FND is maladaptive neuroplasticity meant to protect a person from experiencing further trauma (the real you is still in there), it's a protection mechanism that generates neurological symptoms and DP/DR. This is a trauma response of the brain, that puts the person in limp mode with symptoms, DP/DR, crippled in bed, anxiety, depression, etc. etc. The treatment for FND is trauma therapy, resolve the trauma, and the symptoms go away. Brain flips back to its original "good neuroplastic" tracks. Instead of going forward in time, the movie runs backward, which is why memories of being in withdrawals and akathisia become foggy and feel like a blip in your life, once it all switches back. They can't even remember what some of their symptoms felt like, once they've recovered. The "check engine" light goes away and the brain begins flipping back to its normal functional mechanism. FND Neurologists call this a "software reboot".

I attend therapy with several other FND patients twice a week, I find it strange that some patients talk about body zaps, brain zaps, brain fog, dizziness, DP/DR and had nothing to do with drugs or withdrawals. Their trauma is "PTSD" or "Childhood Trauma". Once again, we have to resolve the trauma, whatever it is. In our case, it may be "drug akathisia", usually triggered by a dosage change or tardive usually triggered by a stressful event while being on psychiatric medication or having just come off it.

Anyways, the intent is to resolve the "trauma" which I am with supplements just like Faust did and I have been making functional symptom improvements every 3-4 days.

This may help. Which may commonly misinterpreted as withdrawal symptoms.

Guide-for-Clinicians-012224-editable.pdf (akathisiaalliance.org)

While the entire chemical imbalance theory is a complete hoax. Serotonin, gaba, glutamate is just a theory. The dopamine mechanism is not. Very well understood in drug reactions of akathisia, dyskinesia, and drug-induced parkinsonism. Every psychiatric medication affects dopamine including benzos. But the answer is not as simple as supplementing with dopamine, that just makes matters worse by downregulating existing dopamine even more. P5P, B3, E, and C help in removing dopamine blockades imposed by drugs and re-establishing the brain's "original" dopamine mechanism. This why most people never really feel the same for years after being exposed to psychiatric drugs. For reference, Omega 3 and magnesium are dopamine agonists, but they only calm a bit, and don't remove dopamine blockades. Caffeine is a dopamine agonist, but also an adenosine antagonist, which is why it's horrible in withdrawals and akathisia.

I was reading someone's story on SA about how he ended up in a wheelchair from drug reinstatement and is now paralyzed and tests and MRI's showed nothing. Paralysis is very common in Functional Neurological disorders. I strongly believe this person can fully recover within a few days. Just like the 16-year-old girl in Bulgaria who started walking again 11 days, and stopped being suicidal in 6 days, after her mother gave her P5P and niacin after she saw my story on Reddit. Then the moderator of the group banned me for sharing pseudoscience. At least I gave one teenager back her life, so I'm happy with that. She had drug-induced akathisia and functional neurological disorder. For 3 years, the neurologists couldn't do "**** all". A psychiatric medication had paralyzed her and doctors called it injury from serotonin syndrome and FND. They saw the functional paralysis, but not the "suicidal ideations" and "racing thoughts".

Some other supplements I take. Vitamin E - 800mg/day. Vitamin C - 4 grams. Vitamin C is a co-factor for Vitamin E. and is a highly recommended supplement in drug dyskinesia, parkinsonism, and akathisia, which is why I take them.

Below is a list of functional symptoms.

Functional neurological disorder (FND) | NHS inform | NHS inform

Tinnitus in withdrawals appears to be the same mechanism. Which is why usually it goes away.

"Tinnitus perception and dopaminergic pathway share the same cerebral structures, which control attention, stress, emotions, learning, memory and motivated behavior. Distress of tinnitus emanates from these same cerebral functions."

Ginkgo is a dopamine agonist. It works sometimes for tinnitus, but not always. Mucuna (Natural levodopa) worked much better for my tinnitus.

P5P is a cofactor for GABA production. It converts glutamate to gaba and eventually increases dopamine production.

Low Gaba and low dopamine (they go hand in hand) also release excess acetylcholine that causes immense sympathetic stress. Which is why some folks on this forum suffer from POTS. Likely another form of drug "akathisia or dyskinesia".

Overall my biggest improvements came from P5P, B12 (protects against glutamate), Niacinamide and Niacin. Other stuff is just adjunct.

Hope this helps.

Edited by manymoretodays
added reference to POTS, mod note at top, after moving a whole string of posts back where they belong

Jan 1-15 2023 - Ativan 2mg

Jan 1-12 2023 - Trintellix 10mg

Jan 14-16 2023 - Escitalopram 5mg

Jan 15-Jan 20 2023 - Ativan 1mg

Jan 21-30 2023 - Ativan 0.5mg Slow taper down - 5 days 0.5mg once a day. Then 0.5 mg every other day for 3 doses.

Jan 17- Feb 04 2023 - Escitalopram 10mg

Feb 05-14 2023 - 5mg for 5 days, then 2.5mg for 4 days. Feb 15 - Zero Mg Escitalopram

Mar 11, 2023 - Propranolol 20mg

On 1/29/2024 at 12:05 AM, ShadowDancer said:

@AmitVYou must be Hairy Camel from Reddit.

Tell me about your visual symtoms please.

How is your VSS now that you are taking suff.

Which stuff do you think works for VSS  the best?

Yes I am hairy camel from reddit. 

Mucuna is the one helping with the tinnitus. Niacinamide with stress response. P5P with Gaba and dopamine. All together they are giving me improvements.

Jan 21-30 2023 - Ativan 0.5mg Slow taper down - 5 days 0.5mg once a day. Then 0.5 mg every other day for 3 doses.

Feb 05-14 2023 - 5mg for 5 days, then 2.5mg for 4 days. Feb 15 - Zero Mg Escitalopram

On 12/10/2023 at 2:10 PM, Ma205 said:

An atp blood test is all you’d need? 

I believe my theory on mitochondrial damage was completely wrong. So it's unlikely to yield anything, but you can try.

On 1/30/2024 at 7:35 AM, LukeUK said:

OP describes barely being able to stand and having barely any cognitive function.

You're telling us you suffered from barely being able to stand, barely having any cognitive function but your symptoms "went away while busy shopping".

I could be led to believe that FOR YOU this is trauma. I think it's a bit rich to tell everyone else it is.

yes that is correct. Dyskinesias respond to distraction. It’s the only way neurologists and functional physiotherapists treat functional disorders. I believe there’s a lot of people on this forum with similar disorders who did physio. Declined cognitive function is normal in FND. I had it too, went away within 7 days of taking P5P. Sharp as ever now.

barely being able to stand doesn’t mean paralyzed. I used a walking cane. I was paralyzed in my left leg below the knee.

OP also mentioned full body migraine. Those are “body zaps” and “bugs crawling under skin”, identified on akathisia clinical guide.

I’m not sure I understand your point of view. I’m presuming your assumption is neurological “damage”. It’s not damage, it’s maladaptive neuroplasticity. Not a stroke or MS. Physio helps with finding old pathways which still exist, so does distraction. This is functional neurology 101. 

didnt OP himself say, “you’re still in there”. ?

I also don't think you're understanding how "trauma" works.

Childhood Trauma, exposure to violence, and chronic stress alter the course of the nervous system by turning gaba/glutamate balance to high glutamate, low gaba. Eventually leading to more changes in downstream dopamine and acetylcholine. These traumas, cause various mental health disorders, PTSD, FND's, and other neurological diseases.

The only difference here is drug dose change or withdrawal did it. This is why sometimes a small reinstatement works for some people, other times it makes them worse or does nothing. It's not the serotonin. 

Practically everyone in withdrawals can say, its no less than being a "traumatic" experience.

19 minutes ago, AmitV said:

tak to jest poprawne. Dyskinezy reagują na rozproszenie uwagi. To jedyny sposób, w jaki neurolodzy i fizjoterapeuci funkcjonalni leczą zaburzenia funkcjonalne. Wierzę, że na tym forum jest wiele osób z podobnymi zaburzeniami, które przeszły fizjoterapię.

to, że ledwo stoisz, nie oznacza, że jesteś sparaliżowany. Użyłem laski do chodzenia. Miałem paraliż lewej nogi poniżej kolana.

OP wspomniał także o migrenie całego ciała. Są to „zastrzyki na ciało” i „robaki pełzające pod skórą”, zidentyfikowane w przewodniku klinicznym dotyczącym akatyzji.

Nie jestem pewien, czy rozumiem Twój punkt widzenia. Zakładam, że twoje założenie to „uszkodzenie” neurologiczne. To nie uszkodzenie, to nieadaptacyjna neuroplastyczność. Nie udar ani stwardnienie rozsiane. Fizjoterapia pomaga w znalezieniu starych ścieżek, które nadal istnieją, podobnie jak odwrócenie uwagi. To jest neurologia funkcjonalna 101. 

czy sam OP nie powiedział: „nadal tam jesteś”. ?

Do you believe waiting to heal from WD makes sense if it was vagus nerve damage, or the familiar scattering of domino cubes?
Or is it better to necessarily continue to treat (restore) with the same SSRI that was the cause.(ecitalopram)many thanks

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

24 minutes ago, modelarz71 said:

Do you believe waiting to heal from WD makes sense if it was vagus nerve damage, or the familiar scattering of domino cubes?
Or is it better to necessarily continue to treat (restore) with the same SSRI that was the cause.(ecitalopram)many thanks

There is no vagus nerve damage unless seen on MRI. Dopamine is the brakes of acetylcholine. Low dopamine leads to a flood of acetylcholine, causing excessive sympathetic stress. High glutamate and low gaba from withdrawal makes matters worse. Dominoes!

I won't be able to comment on reinstatement. That's an advice the mods provide.

I don't know whether you will find this relevant or not however my own focus on repairing damage caused by psychiatric medications has now switched to repair of the microbiome. This article describes how a variety of substances released by bacteria have either positive or negative effects on brain function, including some which act as precursors to serotonin. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9267981/ While the next article explains the hypothesis that it is through affecting the microbiome that SSRI medications may have their greatest, and most unpredictable, effects. https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/psychiatry/articles/10.3389/fpsyt.2021.682868/full I am looking at trying to normalise levels of bacterial production of short chain fatty acids in order to try to gradually repair the damage which Sertraline did to my own system. I suspect that the medication had such a negative effect on myself was due to work exposures to engineered silica nanoparticles which are now known to negatively alter gastrointestinal microbiomes. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10222337/ I have found that most people aren't aware of their own exposures to substances like these from food, medications, and other sources making it almost impossible for psychiatrists to predict the consequences of medicating any particular patient.

Prior medications;

sertraline 50mg April

sertraline 100mg May to July 2014 (ceased medication immediately upon occurrence of first thunderclap headache)

lorazepam April 2014 and November 2014 to January 2015 (each time suppressing symptoms of illness until two weeks after cessation of medication)

seroquel November 2014 to January 2015 50mg prior to being raised to 100mg for one day (medication ceased immediately upon occurrence of convulsive seizure)

warfarin 1990 to June 2023

Was instructed to 'cease doing anything healthy' by treating psychiatrist in June 2014 (the psychiatrist stating that belief in disease is the cause of disease and that dietary supplementation encourages people to think there's something wrong with us) so only commenced taking supplements again in June 2023 upon contrary instructions from GP.

Current medications;

eliquis since June 2023

Supplements; multivitamin/mineral, zinc, magnesium, calcium/magnesium, vitamin c, vitamin d, spirulina, resveratrol, iron.

12 minutes ago, Barry2954 said:

I don't know whether you will find this relevant or not however my own focus on repairing damage caused by psychiatric medications has now switched to repair of the microbiome. This article describes how a variety of substances released by bacteria have either positive or negative effects on brain function, including some which act as precursors to serotonin. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9267981/ While the next article explains the hypothesis that it is through affecting the microbiome that SSRI medications may have their greatest, and most unpredictable, effects. https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/psychiatry/articles/10.3389/fpsyt.2021.682868/full I am looking at trying to normalise levels of bacterial production of short chain fatty acids in order to try to gradually repair the damage which Sertraline did to my own system. I suspect that the medication had such a negative effect on myself was due to work exposures to engineered silica nanoparticles which are now known to negatively alter gastrointestinal microbiomes. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10222337/ I have found that most people aren't aware of their own exposures to substances like these from food, medications, and other sources making it almost impossible for psychiatrists to predict the consequences of medicating any particular patient.

I agree this is relevant. Psychiatric medications alter liver enzyme functions, that ultimately alter neurotransmission and the nervous system.

More specifically P450, CYP3A4

@Caesar65

I cannot find your original posts, so posting them here. It might help you better understand that you're most likely not in withdrawals. But withdrawal akathisia and why reinstatement made you worse. You've been yelling incessant fear, inability to sit, constantly moving, heart palpitations, dizziness. Akathisia is dangerously under-diagnosed. External features may not always be present. Movement abnormalities can often be masked with distraction, but it's not a cure. These may help you understand the mechanism. The video in the link talks of tardive dyskinesia, but akathisia is the same mechanism. I want to give you hope that you can heal from this very quickly if you can find someone who can recognize it and support you.

This may also explain why @squirreldeveloped "labyrinthitis", 6 months after withdrawal from Effexor. There is no such thing as uncompensated labyrinthitis after 2 years. 

akathisiaalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/Guide-for-Clinicians-012224-editable.pdf

PPPD – Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness - RxISK

1 hour ago, AmitV said:

I agree this is relevant. Psychiatric medications alter liver enzyme functions, that ultimately alter neurotransmission and the nervous system.

More specifically P450, CYP3A4

Before I was treated by psychiatrists I had evidence of liver failure, with my brother having noted that my skin had turned orange. Neither of us had paid much attention to this at the time, myself because of my compromised mindset and my brother assuming that I must have been using some kind of fake tanning lotion, however it all added up in light of later health issues (including years of repeated gall stone induced liver injury and jaundice due to psychiatric claims that I was faking my condition after their treatment went so wrong). So your mention of the medications altering liver enzyme function fits with everything which occurred. I have been looking at a lot of medical research linking the substances produced by microbiome bacteria and liver issues though the toxic exposures at work on their own would have been enough to test the function of my liver at the time.

Prior medications;

sertraline 50mg April

sertraline 100mg May to July 2014 (ceased medication immediately upon occurrence of first thunderclap headache)

lorazepam April 2014 and November 2014 to January 2015 (each time suppressing symptoms of illness until two weeks after cessation of medication)

seroquel November 2014 to January 2015 50mg prior to being raised to 100mg for one day (medication ceased immediately upon occurrence of convulsive seizure)

Was instructed to 'cease doing anything healthy' by treating psychiatrist in June 2014 (the psychiatrist stating that belief in disease is the cause of disease and that dietary supplementation encourages people to think there's something wrong with us) so only commenced taking supplements again in June 2023 upon contrary instructions from GP.

Current medications;

eliquis since June 2023

Supplements; multivitamin/mineral, zinc, magnesium, calcium/magnesium, vitamin c, vitamin d, spirulina, resveratrol, iron.

4 hours ago, Barry2954 said:

Before I was treated by psychiatrists I had evidence of liver failure, with my brother having noted that my skin had turned orange. Neither of us had paid much attention to this at the time, myself because of my compromised mindset and my brother assuming that I must have been using some kind of fake tanning lotion, however it all added up in light of later health issues (including years of repeated gall stone induced liver injury and jaundice due to psychiatric claims that I was faking my condition after their treatment went so wrong). So your mention of the medications altering liver enzyme function fits with everything which occurred. I have been looking at a lot of medical research linking the substances produced by microbiome bacteria and liver issues though the toxic exposures at work on their own would have been enough to test the function of my liver at the time.

of course these meds cause hepatoxicity in liver enzhyme function. Jaundice, conjunctivitis, rashes from psych meds are so overlooked! Naturally hepatoxicity builds up ammonia in the brain. It’s known that the liver function is the originating mechanism for akathisia. 

I don’t want to suggest supplements here, but there’s some listed on akathisia reddit page for liver function. People find immediate relief from their akathisia in 24hrs. So I’ll redirect you to view that instead of recommending something here. The key with akathisia is, if something works, the relief kicks in under 48hrs and usually the dose is extremely low. Either the low dose removes the D2 blockade or is just enough to do what it does to liver enzyme function to provide relief. 

The GAD enzyme is the primary generator of natural GABA in our nervous system. Rest and Digest, parasympathetic state is a liver enzyme function primarily.

31 minutes ago, AmitV said:

of course these meds cause hepatoxicity in liver enzhyme function. Jaundice, conjunctivitis, rashes from psych meds are so overlooked! Naturally hepatoxicity builds up ammonia in the brain. It’s known that the liver function is the originating mechanism for akathisia. 

I don’t want to suggest supplements here, but there’s some listed on akathisia reddit page for liver function. People find immediate relief from their akathisia in 24hrs. So I’ll redirect you to view that instead of recommending something here. The key with akathisia is, if something works, the relief kicks in under 48hrs and usually the dose is extremely low. Either the low dose removes the D2 blockade or is just enough to do what it does to liver enzyme function to provide relief. 

The GAD enzyme is the primary generator of natural GABA in our nervous system. Rest and Digest, parasympathetic state is a liver enzyme function primarily.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try when I am able. I see that lactic acid producing bacteria are essential for production of glutamate decarboxylase. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7761890/  It's quite possible that the silica nanoparticles, in upsetting balances in my microbiome prior to treatment, may have reduced levels of those bacteria in my body. A friend whose daughter has autism recently learnt that the daughter has absolutely no lactobacillus bacteria in her body, likely the cause of the autism. I may try to get tested for microbiome levels when I can. Where I am it can run up to five hundred dollars but I may have to spend the money.

Prior medications;

sertraline 50mg April

Current medications;

eliquis since June 2023

2 minutes ago, Barry2954 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try when I am able. I see that lactic acid producing bacteria are essential for production of glutamate decarboxylase. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7761890/  It's quite possible that the silica nanoparticles, in upsetting balances in my microbiome prior to treatment, may have reduced levels of those bacteria in my body. A friend whose daughter has autism recently learnt that the daughter has absolutely no lactobacillus bacteria in her body, likely the cause of the autism. I may try to get tested for microbiome levels when I can. Where I am it can run up to five hundred dollars but I may have to spend the money.

Low GAD enzyme function is a normal finding in autism. Usually a virus or infection triggers an alteration in this GAD function. You could run tests for five hundred, or you could try probiotics and rule that out. But autism has several other important characteristics, so it’s nice to chase something that’s meaningful but may not yield anything conclusive. If you’re going to spend that kind of money, I would recommend testing serum copper levels at the same time. If serum copper is high, it drops GAD significantly. The treatment is extremely simple, zinc supplementation. It lowers copper levels and GAD goes up!

7 minutes ago, Barry2954 said:

it is very likely this mechanism that cause akathisia from antibiotics. They destroy microbiome. So I guess, there’s probably some relevance to your thoughts.

23 minutes ago, Barry2954 said:

Hmmm…what do you know! Found this on google. PLP is P5P (Active B6). So even the little girl with autism can be helped?

Glutamate decarboxylase or glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) is an enzymethat catalyzes the decarboxylation of glutamate to gamma-aminobutyric acid(GABA) and carbon dioxide (CO2). GAD uses pyridoxal-phosphate (PLP) as a cofactor. 

7 minutes ago, AmitV said:

Low GAD enzyme function is a normal finding in autism. Usually a virus or infection triggers an alteration in this GAD function. You could run tests for five hundred, or you could try probiotics and rule that out. But autism has several other important characteristics, so it’s nice to chase something that’s meaningful but may not yield anything conclusive. If you’re going to spend that kind of money, I would recommend testing serum copper levels at the same time. If serum copper is high, it drops GAD significantly. The treatment is extremely simple, zinc supplementation. It lowers copper levels and GAD goes up!

My reason for thinking that it might be worth having the test was because, when the psychiatric treatment caused thunderclap headaches, five years of adrenergic storming, and severe akathisia, the treating psychiatrist and local hospital network went into cover up mode and claimed that I was faking ill health, disability, and side effects from the treatment. Despite having managed to obtain diagnoses of a number of severe disease, including autoimmune myopathy, respiratory failure, immune depression, and a range of other severe health issues, I have found that most doctors where I live just don't want to buck the system and expose their peers to criticism. The government, which has been forced to provide me with disability pension and disability support, keeps accepting the medical claims which downplay my condition despite all of the diagnoses which I have received. They even denied me the muscle biopsy required for the autoimmune myopathy (myositis), claiming that the immune suppression I experience (even though I'm not taking any immunosuppressing drugs) would place my life at too much risk if they even did a core muscle biopsy, while informing interested parties that there is not significant evidence that I have any severe health issues. Even the specialists have had to admit that this is suspicious.

Prior medications;

sertraline 50mg April

Current medications;

eliquis since June 2023

6 minutes ago, AmitV said:

Hmmm…what do you know! Found this on google. PLP is P5P (Active B6). So even the little girl with autism can be helped?

Glutamate decarboxylase or glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) is an enzymethat catalyzes the decarboxylation of glutamate to gamma-aminobutyric acid(GABA) and carbon dioxide (CO2). GAD uses pyridoxal-phosphate (PLP) as a cofactor. 

Once my brain has had a chance to fully process all of this I will pass the information along to my friend.

Prior medications;

sertraline 50mg April

Current medications;

eliquis since June 2023

7 minutes ago, AmitV said:

Thanks

Prior medications;

sertraline 50mg April

Current medications;

eliquis since June 2023

6 minutes ago, Barry2954 said:

My reason for thinking that it might be worth having the test was because, when the psychiatric treatment caused thunderclap headaches, five years of adrenergic storming, and severe akathisia, the treating psychiatrist and local hospital network went into cover up mode and claimed that I was faking ill health, disability, and side effects from the treatment. Despite having managed to obtain diagnoses of a number of severe disease, including autoimmune myopathy, respiratory failure, immune depression, and a range of other severe health issues, I have found that most doctors where I live just don't want to buck the system and expose their peers to criticism. The government, which has been forced to provide me with disability pension and disability support, keeps accepting the medical claims which downplay my condition despite all of the diagnoses which I have received. They even denied me the muscle biopsy required for the autoimmune myopathy (myositis), claiming that the immune suppression I experience (even though I'm not taking any immunosuppressing drugs) would place my life at too much risk if they even did a core muscle biopsy, while informing interested parties that there is not significant evidence that I have any severe health issues. Even the specialists have had to admit that this is suspicious.

Thats RCVS from psychiatric drugs. I’m sorry to hear of what you’re going through, I really am. 

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/16158-reversible-cerebral-vasoconstriction-syndrome

https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/PUArticles/ReversibleCerebralVasoconstrictionSyndromeJune2012.htm

1 minute ago, AmitV said:

I had to learn, without help, that the thunderclap headaches might have either meant RCVS or a stroke. In my case the most likely was the RCVS as you say. The treating psychiatrist waited for three weeks before referring me for a CT scan to cover his butt, since CT scans won't show any evidence of RCVS after that length of time and other forms of imaging are required to try to find such evidence. I learned long ago that the sertraline they had me on had absolutely no benefit to me but that the lorazepam had suppressed my symptoms when I was hospitalised. However, thanks to the information you have shared with me I was able to find this webpage, explaining that lorazepam and several other medications act as GABA surrogates. https://www.painnewsnetwork.org/stories/2021/10/1/what-every-intractable-pain-patient-should-know-about-gaba That means that they were temporarily restoring some liver function using the medication. I have long regarded psychiatrists as being a lot like magicians, where you are encouraged to watch one hand while the other does the sneaky stuff. Now I know exactly how their trick worked on me, thanks again.

Prior medications;

sertraline 50mg April

Current medications;

eliquis since June 2023

10 hours ago, Barry2954 said:

I had to learn, without help, that the thunderclap headaches might have either meant RCVS or a stroke. In my case the most likely was the RCVS as you say. The treating psychiatrist waited for three weeks before referring me for a CT scan to cover his butt, since CT scans won't show any evidence of RCVS after that length of time and other forms of imaging are required to try to find such evidence. I learned long ago that the sertraline they had me on had absolutely no benefit to me but that the lorazepam had suppressed my symptoms when I was hospitalised. However, thanks to the information you have shared with me I was able to find this webpage, explaining that lorazepam and several other medications act as GABA surrogates. https://www.painnewsnetwork.org/stories/2021/10/1/what-every-intractable-pain-patient-should-know-about-gaba That means that they were temporarily restoring some liver function using the medication. I have long regarded psychiatrists as being a lot like magicians, where you are encouraged to watch one hand while the other does the sneaky stuff. Now I know exactly how their trick worked on me, thanks again.

if I’m not asking for too much. Would you care to share your current symptoms?

2 hours ago, AmitV said:

I have no chest action in my breathing, it's only belly breathing. That seemed to happen with the exposure to the silica nanoparticles and fits with the toxicology of a nanoparticle called APTES. Despite this I have almost constantly high (98-99%) blood oxygen levels. That was why the psychiatrists chose to claim that I was faking my condition and why it took nine years just to get a diagnosis of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary disease, with micro blood clots in small vessels in the lungs. That really is just a partial diagnosis since it doesn't go anywhere near close to explaining the full respiratory issues which have been proven by pulmonary function tests. Despite all that no specialists have been willing to contradict the psychiatrists even though the hospital they work at has tried to distance itself from their claims. Of course specialists tend to hate it when you do your own research but I was able to backtrack the PL-7 autoimmune myositis antibodies I test positive for to hypoxia induced threonyl tRNA synthetase, which the antibodies destroy in order to prevent angiogenesis and the development of cancer. Since doctors aren't allowed by their medical associations to discuss such things with patients, as they have to stick to guidelines approved by the associations, it leaves the specialists looking like idiots when patients confront them with the evidence. Anyway, the autoimmune myopathy means that it's extremely hard for me to raise my arms above my shoulders and I have to stop every few feet when walking, only able to walk maybe five hundred metres or so each day without suffering excessively in the days following. I have limited fine motor control so am fairly limited in activities, having to clumsily use things like spoons to eat. Luckily I was trained to be a touch typist in the army signal corps, among other things, and still retain that ability with my laptop. While I still seem to be able to think moderately well my memory crashed ten years ago. I have good memory for some things but awful with others. My immune system is reduced. I have a condition called proteinuria along with related blood clotting issues which resulted from exposure to an industrial solvent (trichloroethylene) decades ago. That's pretty much the basics. I argued that my respiratory function had failed after I collapsed at work ten years ago but the psychiatrists simply stated that I didn't know what I was talking about, saying that they were the experts and could fix everything in no time. When they couldn't they just went with the claim that I was faking my condition and denied me any rights. I complained to my local MP about all of this a couple of years ago, now that I have significant evidence of what really happened, and my case is being investigated.

At the moment I'm torn between the possibilities that I have insufficient GABA in my system or that the benzodiazepine lorazepam might have desensitized the GABA receptors.

Prior medications;

sertraline 50mg April

Current medications;

eliquis since June 2023

6 hours ago, Barry2954 said:

I have no chest action in my breathing, it's only belly breathing. That seemed to happen with the exposure to the silica nanoparticles and fits with the toxicology of a nanoparticle called APTES. Despite this I have almost constantly high (98-99%) blood oxygen levels. That was why the psychiatrists chose to claim that I was faking my condition and why it took nine years just to get a diagnosis of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary disease, with micro blood clots in small vessels in the lungs. That really is just a partial diagnosis since it doesn't go anywhere near close to explaining the full respiratory issues which have been proven by pulmonary function tests. Despite all that no specialists have been willing to contradict the psychiatrists even though the hospital they work at has tried to distance itself from their claims. Of course specialists tend to hate it when you do your own research but I was able to backtrack the PL-7 autoimmune myositis antibodies I test positive for to hypoxia induced threonyl tRNA synthetase, which the antibodies destroy in order to prevent angiogenesis and the development of cancer. Since doctors aren't allowed by their medical associations to discuss such things with patients, as they have to stick to guidelines approved by the associations, it leaves the specialists looking like idiots when patients confront them with the evidence. Anyway, the autoimmune myopathy means that it's extremely hard for me to raise my arms above my shoulders and I have to stop every few feet when walking, only able to walk maybe five hundred metres or so each day without suffering excessively in the days following. I have limited fine motor control so am fairly limited in activities, having to clumsily use things like spoons to eat. Luckily I was trained to be a touch typist in the army signal corps, among other things, and still retain that ability with my laptop. While I still seem to be able to think moderately well my memory crashed ten years ago. I have good memory for some things but awful with others. My immune system is reduced. I have a condition called proteinuria along with related blood clotting issues which resulted from exposure to an industrial solvent (trichloroethylene) decades ago. That's pretty much the basics. I argued that my respiratory function had failed after I collapsed at work ten years ago but the psychiatrists simply stated that I didn't know what I was talking about, saying that they were the experts and could fix everything in no time. When they couldn't they just went with the claim that I was faking my condition and denied me any rights. I complained to my local MP about all of this a couple of years ago, now that I have significant evidence of what really happened, and my case is being investigated.

At the moment I'm torn between the possibilities that I have insufficient GABA in my system or that the benzodiazepine lorazepam might have desensitized the GABA receptors.

I had a lot of breathing difficulties in the past year. Particularly hyper arousal and inability to do parasympathetic breathing. P5P and niacinamide totally helped me. My breathing became so much more relaxed and the hyper arousal calmed down. Not saying that’s what you have. Sharing my experience. 

On 2/2/2024 at 11:39 AM, AmitV said:

I’ve read through Alot of your posts . I think you know what you’re talking about . If you have time after helping out this person , I’d like your opinion on my situation .

My main symptoms are hypersensitivity ( sound/ chemicals/ substances/ stress/ sun/ X-rays( horrible)/ light  / anything )/ hyperarousal / nighttime adrenal surges / jolting,  sometimes akithisia , seemingly permanent tinnitus . 13 months off everything , long history of a million drug trials / reintroductions.

. No improvement really since off everything , this is a desperation move reaching out to you .

gonna get the p5p and niacinamide

cynbalta -2007 1 year 2012 -1 month | wellbutrin-2007- a few days | xanax-2012- 1mg, recreationally 10-15 doses |

klonopin-2013 1year .25-1mg | lexapro-1-2 months 10mg | topamax-2weeks small dose |

lamictal— 2015 7 years- doses(25-400mg) * Seroquil- 2015 5 years -15-100mg * ketamine-2019 -10 iv treatments |

gabapentin-2020- 300mg- 2 months | lithium-2020 1200mg-1 month | ambien-2020 5-10 mg 3 months 

Propalanol-2023 10mg -2 weeks 

Dec 1 ,21 -aug 1, 2021 no rx drugs

Marijuana and kratom near daily use

Aug 1, 21-bee venom therapy for shoulder pain led to adrenal/ cns  crash  -lamictal 25mg 

June 1st 22-(Crazy insomnia spell starts) gabapentin 100mg -300 mg lamictal 25

June 10th 2022- gabapentin 200mg, benedryl,lamictal 25

June 15th 2022- ambien 2mg,gabapentin 200mg,benedryl, lamictal 25mg

Bad reaction from mixing benedryl / gabapentin / ambien / kratom. This is when adrenal surges / jolting started. The next month a lot dose changes med changes daily -taking gabapentin. 100-300mg and 1-3 mg ambien . Seroquil 10-100mg. some nights seroquil various dose , some nights gabapentin , some night gabapentin and ambien , some nights nothing . lamictal 50mg

July 15, 22- lamictal 100mg

July 28 2022-lamictal 50

August 1 2022-  propalanol 30mg gabapentin 300mg lamictal 100mg

August 14 2022- lamictal 50

September 1 2022- lithium 900mg/ valproic acid 

September 10 2022,- lamictal 25mg, 

September 12 2022- gabapentin 200mg, lamictal 25mg

November 25 2022- nothing  

December 10 2022- lithium 900mg. 
december 11,2022-nothing 

December 12 2022- lithium 450mg

December 16 2022- lithium650 mg

December 24 2022- lithium 900mg

Bad reaction clean since 

1 hour ago, Kuda1988 said:

I’ve read through Alot of your posts . I think you know what you’re talking about . If you have time after helping out this person , I’d like your opinion on my situation .

My main symptoms are hypersensitivity ( sound/ chemicals/ substances/ stress/ sun/ X-rays( horrible)/ light  / anything )/ hyperarousal / nighttime adrenal surges / jolting,  sometimes akithisia , seemingly permanent tinnitus . 13 months off everything , long history of a million drug trials / reintroductions.

. No improvement really since off everything , this is a desperation move reaching out to you .

Your symptoms sound a lot like serotonin syndrome. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17687-serotonin-syndrome

Prior medications;

sertraline 50mg April

Current medications;

eliquis since June 2023

On 2/3/2024 at 12:43 PM, AmitV said:

I had a lot of breathing difficulties in the past year. Particularly hyper arousal and inability to do parasympathetic breathing. P5P and niacinamide totally helped me. My breathing became so much more relaxed and the hyper arousal calmed down. Not saying that’s what you have. Sharing my experience. 

I am pretty sure that I have now put together exactly which organ now needs to be looked into, thanks to your suggestion of the GABA. It's the hypothalamus. It controls everything which has gone wrong around my body both before and since I collapsed from heat stroke at work. Apparently damage to the hypothalamus is believed by many researchers and physicians to be the cause of heat stroke. The hypothalamus' most important neurotransmitter is GABA. It's dysfunction is likely to be the cause of my gall stones, loss of thermoregulation, mood disorders, respiratory dysfunction, gastrointestinal issues, memory problems, high blood oxygen levels (since it controls cellular metabolism for thermoregulation), and so on. That might be where you should be looking at with your issues as well?

Prior medications;

sertraline 50mg April

Current medications;

eliquis since June 2023

8 hours ago, Kuda1988 said:

What you’re speaking of is 100% akathisia. All the symptoms. Akathisia does have functional neurological component to it that ends up with visual disturbances. Photophobia, sound sensitivity and overall hyperactive nervous system response to herbs, chemicals, etc.

i had the night time surges and jolts, went away after 4 days of beginning p5p, niacinamide and manganese. 

This is truly a mind-body hell. I know I’m experiencing most of it myself and even more. Thankfully a lot of extremely crazy stuff withered out in a few weeks. I have one really bad symptom that’s still with me. Tinnitus dropped to about 20-30% of its volume. Photophobia is about 50% better. Most of my visual symptoms align with visual snow syndrome. It’s slowly getting better (very slowly). 

the mental side resolves very quickly along with insomnia and zaps (in a matter of a few days), the neurological symptoms take a few months. 

3 minutes ago, AmitV said:

What you’re speaking of is 100% akathisia. All the symptoms. Akathisia does have functional neurological component to it that ends up with visual disturbances. Photophobia, sound sensitivity and overall hyperactive nervous system response to herbs, chemicals, etc.

i had the night time surges and jolts, went away after 4 days of beginning p5p, niacinamide and manganese. 

This is truly a mind-body hell. I know I’m experiencing most of it myself and even more. Thankfully a lot of extremely crazy stuff withered out in a few weeks. I have one really bad symptom that’s still with me. Tinnitus dropped to about 20-30% of its volume. Photophobia is about 50% better. Most of my visual symptoms align with visual snow syndrome. It’s slowly getting better (very slowly). 

the mental side resolves very quickly along with insomnia and zaps (in a matter of a few days), the neurological symptoms take a few months. 

Thanks for the response

Alright . We’ll see . Should I follow your dosage or start lower ? And I don’t think I saw you post your dosage for manganese . 

I’ll have to look more into this because I thought akathisia was seperate phenomenon ( like constant pacing , need to keep moving , worst feeling that exists in the universe, yes hell, been here a while lol ) but you seem to group symptoms in his category ? 

cynbalta -2007 1 year 2012 -1 month | wellbutrin-2007- a few days | xanax-2012- 1mg, recreationally 10-15 doses |

klonopin-2013 1year .25-1mg | lexapro-1-2 months 10mg | topamax-2weeks small dose |

lamictal— 2015 7 years- doses(25-400mg) * Seroquil- 2015 5 years -15-100mg * ketamine-2019 -10 iv treatments |

gabapentin-2020- 300mg- 2 months | lithium-2020 1200mg-1 month | ambien-2020 5-10 mg 3 months 

Aug 1, 21-bee venom therapy for shoulder pain led to adrenal/ cns  crash  -lamictal 25mg 

Bad reaction from mixing benedryl / gabapentin / ambien / kratom. This is when adrenal surges / jolting started. The next month a lot dose changes med changes daily -taking gabapentin. 100-300mg and 1-3 mg ambien . Seroquil 10-100mg. some nights seroquil various dose , some nights gabapentin , some night gabapentin and ambien , some nights nothing . lamictal 50mg

July 28 2022-lamictal 50

december 11,2022-nothing 

Bad reaction clean since 

16 minutes ago, AmitV said:

Also… do you recommend challenging the symptoms ?.. like since there could be a FN component.. trying to not avoid things that flare to try and challenge the symptoms and retrain the brain ? I’ve tried this sometimes it works sometimes it backfires. I assume stuff like this is discussed in your therapy sessions I think you posted about if I’m not mistaken ?

July 28 2022-lamictal 50

december 11,2022-nothing 

Bad reaction clean since 

5 minutes ago, Kuda1988 said:

Thanks for the response

Alright . We’ll see . Should I follow your dosage or start lower ? And I don’t think I saw you post your dosage for manganese . 

I’ll have to look more into this because I thought akathisia was seperate phenomenon ( like constant pacing , need to keep moving , worst feeling that exists in the universe, yes hell, been here a while lol ) but you seem to group symptoms in his category ? 

start low please. Maybe 20-50mg. No more. Gauge tolerance first. 

akathisia is not that simple. I had the constant pacing initially, but after a few weeks it turned into neurological functional symptoms. Functional symptoms are a result of inner turmoil. And the inner turmoil in withdrawls is most likely akathisia. 

I put a post in the floxxed group on reddit. They believe in the science of mitochondrial damage from antibiotics. Again I was banned for selling pseudoscience. I’m like, I’m not selling anyone anything. Just take a look at the clinical guide and the drugs listed in them and just consider the possibility. Then 4 people pm’ed me, “holy ****, that’s what I have”. They’re busy fighting battles thinking they have brain damage and tendon damage, when it’s functional limb weakness and neuro psychiatric symptoms of akathisia that feels like post traumatic stress disorder with inability to walk. Which in theory is the opposite of pacing. But everyone who messaged me said, everything else on the mental side checks out.

2 minutes ago, Kuda1988 said:

Also… do you recommend challenging the symptoms ?.. like since there could be a FN component.. trying to not avoid things that flare to try and challenge the symptoms and retrain the brain ? I’ve tried this sometimes it works sometimes it backfires. I assume stuff like this is discussed in your therapy sessions I think you posted about if I’m not mistaken ?

this is step 2. I tried that first, the hypervigilance was just too much. 

once you begin feeling mentally better. Try and get back to a low stress but normal life as much as possible. These functional symptoms tend to disappear when you’re distracted and least bothered about them.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey there AmitV and others,

I just moved 31 posts from member Faust's success story to here.  I don't understand why AmitV, would send responses to PM's sent to them on another members topic.  I don't see that Faust has been signed in or around since shortly after they posted their Success.  Or that they've shown any interest in joining your discussion or commenting on your predicament.

This is called hijacking another's thread.

And from:  What will get you warned or banned

- Taking over someone's Introductions topic to make it about your concerns

To get support from staff here, we ask each member to open an Introductions topic to discuss their specific situation. The owner of the Introductions topic is encouraged to post questions there, get answers and support from staff and other members, and look back on the Intro topic as a record of their progress. It is like an ongoing, first-person case history.

It's one thing to emphathize with any member here and share your experiences and opinions, but it's another thing to take over someone's Intro topic and make it All About You. This is selfish and disrespectful to the owner of the topic. It also can obscure the owner's need for information and support.

If you do this persistently, you may earn a warning point.

From here on, please communicate with each other more appropriately.   Thank you.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays(mmt)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hey @AmitV I know you were just trying to be helpful and meant no harm. I've had people ask me questions on other people's threads as well and answered them there. It's a good reminder from mmt. Thanks for answering my questions. 

20 yr+ Paroxetine/ Dec2018-May 2022 20 mg/ May 2022 30mg/2022.07.28-2022.08.24 30mg to 0mg/ August 24-29 2022 10mg Prozac/2022.11.28-2022.12.04- 5mg Paroxetine/Dec 5&6/22 10mg Paroxetine/ Dec 8&9/22 10mg Prozac/ 2022.12.07 to 2023.07.01 5mg Paroxetine

TAPER 23.07.02-58mgpw/4.9mgai/ 23.07.21-4.8 mg/23.07.28-4.73 mg/23.08.04-4.65 mg/21.09.23-4.58 mg/27.10.23-4.56 mg/5.12.23-4.54 mg/2.1.24-4.52 mg/9.1.24-4.51 mg/17.1.24-4.49 mg/26.1.24-4.47 mg/6.2.24-4.46 mg/19.2.24-4.44mg /4.4.24-4.43mg/28.4.24-4.4mg/5.5.24-4.39 mg

8am-probiotics/9am-paroxetine, 200mg mag bisglycinate/ 1000mg Vitamin D/noon-1000 mg algae oil (500mg DHA/10mg EPA/620mg Omega 3)/5pm-75 mg DGL/200mg calcium citrate/8pm-.25 mg melatonin

"... your strength will be in keeping calm..."-Isaiah 30:15

I am not a medical professional just your peer. The suggestions I give are based on personal experience and/or the well documented experience of others.

9 hours ago, LostInCanada said:

Hey @AmitV I know you were just trying to be helpful and meant no harm. I've had people ask me questions on other people's threads as well and answered them there. It's a good reminder from mmt. Thanks for answering my questions. 

I’m sorry, I get confused and carried away sometimes and fail to be diligent in putting responses in the right places. You have my contact on WhatsApp. You know you can message me whenever you wish. I’m hoping and praying for everyone’s victory.

58 minutes ago, AmitV said:

, I get confused and carried away sometime

Hey, I get it. Just so glad you are doing so much better. This insanity is a lot to deal with. So happy you answered my questions. I wonder if because I am still on the drug, my reactions to some supplements are contrary. I had a bad reaction to vitamin e and I guess it affects how the drug is metabolized. Vitamin B 12 activates me as well but I might try coQ10. Thanks again,

20 yr+ Paroxetine/ Dec2018-May 2022 20 mg/ May 2022 30mg/2022.07.28-2022.08.24 30mg to 0mg/ August 24-29 2022 10mg Prozac/2022.11.28-2022.12.04- 5mg Paroxetine/Dec 5&6/22 10mg Paroxetine/ Dec 8&9/22 10mg Prozac/ 2022.12.07 to 2023.07.01 5mg Paroxetine

TAPER 23.07.02-58mgpw/4.9mgai/ 23.07.21-4.8 mg/23.07.28-4.73 mg/23.08.04-4.65 mg/21.09.23-4.58 mg/27.10.23-4.56 mg/5.12.23-4.54 mg/2.1.24-4.52 mg/9.1.24-4.51 mg/17.1.24-4.49 mg/26.1.24-4.47 mg/6.2.24-4.46 mg/19.2.24-4.44mg /4.4.24-4.43mg/28.4.24-4.4mg/5.5.24-4.39 mg

8am-probiotics/9am-paroxetine, 200mg mag bisglycinate/ 1000mg Vitamin D/noon-1000 mg algae oil (500mg DHA/10mg EPA/620mg Omega 3)/5pm-75 mg DGL/200mg calcium citrate/8pm-.25 mg melatonin

"... your strength will be in keeping calm..."-Isaiah 30:15

I am not a medical professional just your peer. The suggestions I give are based on personal experience and/or the well documented experience of others.

19 minutes ago, LostInCanada said:

Hey, I get it. Just so glad you are doing so much better. This insanity is a lot to deal with. So happy you answered my questions. I wonder if because I am still on the drug, my reactions to some supplements are contrary. I had a bad reaction to vitamin e and I guess it affects how the drug is metabolized. Vitamin B 12 activates me as well but I might try coQ10. Thanks again,

vitamin b12 - methylated made me worse. Non methylated cyanocobalamin helped. There’s something about overmethylation that occurs with SSRI use, that elevates blood copper serum levels which ultimately downregulates GAD liver enzyme even more (our bodies natural glutamate/gaba manager). Methylated B vitamins or methyl folate make things worse.