48 minutes ago, Tigz91 said:

I might give these a go because the high heart rate is something I really struggle with.

Please start slow. As you know, sometimes people don't do well with supplements.

49 minutes ago, Tigz91 said:

Do you have pots?

Yes, I have symptoms of dysautonomia, but they've been slowing improving, and I did not have them before psych drugs. Do you too?

51 minutes ago, Tigz91 said:

I’m recently started eating small regular meals to se if that helps.

Hopefully this will make a difference for you. I try to include a protein, carb and healthy fat with each meal and this seems to help. I get similar low blood sugar symptoms if I don't do this. 

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

42 minutes ago, tsmith442 said:

I also have adrenal fatigue. I have high cortisol, I also have hypothyroidism.

Is the hypothyroidism new, or did that occur after the adrenal fatigue? They seem to go hand in hand for some.

think I originally had high cortisol, that "wired and tired" kind of feeling, but had no trouble keeping up with things during the day. Now, I think i'm actually low cortisol - I'm so tired midmorning, sometimes right after lunch, that I really have no choice but to lay down and do nothing. It's super frustrating. I can't do much in the way of exercise right now either, it's too draining. How about you?

43 minutes ago, tsmith442 said:

I also have an elevated heart rate

Have you ever tried adrenal cocktails? They seem to help a bit with high heart rate for me. I had to play around a little with the salt amount, but when I drink them regularly, my heart rate is in more of a normal range for me. 

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

24 minutes ago, LotusRising said:

Please start slow. As you know, sometimes people don't do well with supplements.

Yes, I have symptoms of dysautonomia, but they've been slowing improving, and I did not have them before psych drugs. Do you too?

Hopefully this will make a difference for you. I try to include a protein, carb and healthy fat with each meal and this seems to help. I get similar low blood sugar symptoms if I don't do this. 

Yes I will definitely start low. That’s one thing I do with all supplements I start now is going very low and gradually build up. 

I definitely have symptoms of dysautonomia too and like you only started after common off antidepressants. 

Citalopram 10mg sep14-nov14,

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered cit 40mg-0mg in 10 days.

mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg jan22-Mar22,

tapered in 1 week.

citalopram 20mg apr22- may22( had a reaction this time, hives everywhere),

no taper cold turkey 

sertraline 50mg then 100mg may22-nov22, tapered in 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, tsmith442 said:

I also have adrenal fatigue. I have high cortisol, I also have hypothyroidism. I also have an elevated heart rate, adrenaline spikes and sometimes feel off balance, on a boat feeling. I'm 10 months off and these symptoms start getting really about about 2-3 months ago, before that the depression, anxiety, dp/dr was worst.

Sorry to hear that but everything you have listed I have. I honestly could have written this, the boat feeling really gets me because nothing is spinning but I just feel like my balance isn’t right and I’ve always said it feels like I’m on a boat or drunk. I also have an elevated heart rate and it also pounds( I can take my pulse without feeling it). I hope you get some relief soon.

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

18 hours ago, LotusRising said:
19 hours ago, tsmith442 said:

I also have adrenal fatigue. I have high cortisol, I also have hypothyroidism.

Is the hypothyroidism new, or did that occur after the adrenal fatigue? They seem to go hand in hand for some.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a decade ago, before I took psych drugs, before I knew about adrenal fatigue. No doctor ever mentioned it, or if they did, it must not have sounded too serious to me because I didn't address it. 

think I originally had high cortisol, that "wired and tired" kind of feeling, but had no trouble keeping up with things during the day. Now, I think i'm actually low cortisol - I'm so tired midmorning, sometimes right after lunch, that I really have no choice but to lay down and do nothing. It's super frustrating. I can't do much in the way of exercise right now either, it's too draining. How about you?

I took a Dutch hormone test over a year ago, before I tapered, that showed low cortisol but I've also heard that the Dutch test isn't reliable because using urine isn't reliable versus saliva, I did a saliva test a couple of months ago that showed high cortisol which makes sense because of all the anxiety, panic, terror I experienced getting off of prozac. But the fatigue greatly impacted my day to day. It wasn't until I address my hypothyroidism and increased my Armour has my fatigue greatly improved. I still feel very fragile and also don't exercise other than walking but I'm way more functional than before the increase. I've learned that high and low cortisol has almost the exact same symptoms so it's hard to know without testing. 

19 hours ago, tsmith442 said:

I also have an elevated heart rate

Have you ever tried adrenal cocktails? They seem to help a bit with high heart rate for me. I had to play around a little with the salt amount, but when I drink them regularly, my heart rate is in more of a normal range for me. 

Yes, I've been doing adrenal cocktail for about 2 months. I'm not really sure how much they help. I recently started taking the Adrenal Cocktail powder from Jigsaw. I think the increase in my Armour is causing more issues with my thyroid. I was going to decrease my dose but things started to improve this week, so I'm trying to wait until I can get my thyroid re-tested (I'm having issues with my current doc so trying to use a different one).

• 2010-Present: Armour Thyroid (synthetic sometimes, can't remember when or what but mostly on Armour)
  • 2014-2017: Paroxetine (Paxil) 30mg; tapered per Doctor's instructions. 
  • 3/25/2019: Started Fluoxetine (Prozac) 20mg.
  • 8/18/2020 - 10/15/2020: Switched to Bupropion (Wellbutrin) 300mg, had adverse effects.
  • 10/16/2020: Reinstated Fluoxetine 20mg.
  • 7/2020: CT off Fluoxetine per Doctor's instructions. 
  • 8/2020: Reinstated Fluoxetine 20mg.
  • 8/2022 - 1/2023: Linear taper 10% reduction every 2 weeks.
  • Currently 11 months off Fluoxetine.
3 hours ago, tsmith442 said:

I took a Dutch hormone test over a year ago, before I tapered, that showed low cortisol but I've also heard that the Dutch test isn't reliable because using urine isn't reliable versus saliva,

Oh, that's interesting because I thought the Dutch test was the gold standard for hormone testing. I wonder if certain hormones are more prevalent in saliva vs urine. I'm doing a Dutch test next week to see where everything's at and I think regardless, it will be a good baseline. 

3 hours ago, tsmith442 said:

I've learned that high and low cortisol has almost the exact same symptoms so it's hard to know without testing. 

Yes, definitely. I really didn't understand how it all worked until my fatigue became so debilitating that it was impacting my day, which is what got me thinking it must be low cortisol. But yes, lot's of crossover.

I really should look at getting my cortisol levels checked. Did you do a 4 point saliva test? 

the racing heart really bothers me and causes a lot of anxiety because it’s all day everyday, even though I’ve had loads and loads of test it just feels so unnatural especially when I have the off balance feeling or chest pain with it. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

22 minutes ago, Tigz91 said:

I really should look at getting my cortisol levels checked. Did you do a 4 point saliva test? 

the racing heart really bothers me and causes a lot of anxiety because it’s all day everyday, even though I’ve had loads and loads of test it just feels so unnatural especially when I have the off balance feeling or chest pain with it. 

Yes, the plan is to do the 4 point saliva, plus all the other hormones. 

My heart raced a lot too. It still does sometimes, but it seems less frequent.

54 minutes ago, LotusRising said:

Yes, the plan is to do the 4 point saliva, plus all the other hormones. 

My heart raced a lot too. It still does sometimes, but it seems less frequent.

Do you know the names of the other hormone testing? 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

5 minutes ago, Tigz91 said:

Do you know the names of the other hormone testing? 

Sorry, I had that backwards. I'm doing the 4 pt urine, not saliva, along with hormones (Dutch complete). I did do a little more reading and depending on what information you're looking for, it sounds like the dutch complete is better in some ways because it shows how the body is metabolizing hormones. I did see that there's a dutch plus test as well, which adds in the cortisol saliva test. It seems saliva and dried urine tests are both valuable.

6 minutes ago, LotusRising said:

Sorry, I had that backwards. I'm doing the 4 pt urine, not saliva, along with hormones (Dutch complete). I did do a little more reading and depending on what information you're looking for, it sounds like the dutch complete is better in some ways because it shows how the body is metabolizing hormones. I did see that there's a dutch plus test as well, which adds in the cortisol saliva test. It seems saliva and dried urine tests are both valuable.

I think I’m going to look into this more. Problem for me is I have to pay for all my tests as my doctor is useless and won’t do anymore test because he thinks it’s all anxiety. What makes it harder is I’ve been out of work for a year now and eaten into all my savings so things are tight and can only do one test at a time. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

39 minutes ago, Tigz91 said:

Myślę, że przyjrzę się temu bliżej. Problem dla mnie polega na tym, że muszę płacić za wszystkie badania, bo mój lekarz jest bezużyteczny i nie chce już robić żadnych badań, bo uważa, że to wszystko przez niepokój. Sprawę utrudnia fakt, że od roku nie mam pracy i wydałam wszystkie oszczędności, więc wszystko jest napięte i mogę wykonać tylko jeden test na raz. 

Doctors also told me nonsense that I have stomach pains because of anxiety or because of age, and this happened after I stopped escitalopram I never had a history of stomach pains before.

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

12 minutes ago, modelarz71 said:

Doctors also told me nonsense that I have stomach pains because of anxiety or because of age, and this happened after I stopped escitalopram I never had a history of stomach pains before.

Yes same. I have really bad gastro symptoms and my doctor just said it’s anxiety and can’t be the citalopram as I have been off for over a year and it’s completely out of my system.

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

1 hour ago, Tigz91 said:

I think I’m going to look into this more. Problem for me is I have to pay for all my tests as my doctor is useless and won’t do anymore test because he thinks it’s all anxiety. What makes it harder is I’ve been out of work for a year now and eaten into all my savings so things are tight and can only do one test at a time. 

Yeah, ditto for me as well. This is all out of pocket, plus the fee to see my naturopath, so it can definitely be price prohibitive. I've been holding off for a long time to be a little further into "healing", but I also want to know if there's anything more I can do to support myself. I'm certain they can do the cortisol without all the other hormones, but I'm not sure how that works where you live. 

On 12/2/2023 at 12:58 AM, Tigz91 said:

Yes same. I have really bad gastro symptoms and my doctor just said it’s anxiety and can’t be the citalopram as I have been off for over a year and it’s completely out of my system.

It might be out of your body, but your body has adapted to function in the presence of this drug and who knows how long it will take to readapt. Guys, I had the same experience, my doctor told me that my problems were symptoms of anxiety.... This has nothing to do with anxiety, the drug changed something in the body.

Venlafaxine 75mg, 150mg, 225mg December 2020 - March 2021

Sertraline 50mg, 100mg March 2021 - April 2021

Escitalopram 10mg, 20 mg April 2021 - May 2021

On 12/4/2023 at 8:08 AM, Fairsome said:

It might be out of your body, but your body has adapted to function in the presence of this drug and who knows how long it will take to readapt. Guys, I had the same experience, my doctor told me that my problems were symptoms of anxiety.... This has nothing to do with anxiety, the drug changed something in the body.

Agree I think it will just take time to heal. I’m now looking at my vitamin levels and also my iron and ferritin leveks

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

coming up to 14 months off now and still really struggling. I still have a load of symptoms and I just don’t get how it’s taking this long for things to improve.

symptoms:

•fast heart rate all the time(worst after eating)

•heart pounding, I can take my pulse without even feeling it.

•gastro issues. 
•migraines that last for 2-3 days and feel like my brain is being squeezed so I can’t think or understand things

• pains and numbness all over body

• severe fatigue, weak and no energy

• anxiety 

• inability to sit still, feel energy running through my body.

• eyes. Bloodshot, dry, pain behind them and loads of floaters.

and more.

does anyone else have loads of physical symptoms this far out? 

I did CT after my dr switched me 5 times in 6-7 months. The first switch was 40mg citalopram down to 0 in 2 weeks even though I had been on them 9 years. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

Was Citalapram sertraline and mirt the only 3 drugs you took? 

I use the term only loosely by the way. I just mean was there any others 

2015- Jan 2021 20mg Citalapram

Jan 2021- April 2021 Sertraline (CT)

June 2021 - Fluoxetine & Trazadone

Oct 2021- Trazadone to Quitiapin 

Oct 2021 to June 2022 switches Duloxetine then paroxatine then Venlafaxine.

June 2022- venlafaxine for 5 or 6 weeks at 37.5 twice daily. Upped for one week to 75mg twice daily but caused panic attacks. Dropped back down to 37.5 twice daily. Panic attacks stopped. 

1 week- 62.5mg 1 week- 50mg 1 week- 37.5mg 1 week - 25mg 

ANTIDEPRESSANT FREE SINCE JULY 22ND 2022!! 

18/05/23 - 01-06/23 doxycycline for a rat bite 

Taken propranalol since 2015. 80mg.

21/11/22 76mg. 28/11/22 72mg. 05/12/22 68mg. 19/12/22 64mg. 27/12/22 60mg. 02/01/23 56mg. 09/01/23 50mg. 16/01/23 47mg. 23/01/23 44mg. 29/01/23 40mg. 05/02/23 38mg. 12/02/23 35mg. 19/02/23 32mg. 25/02/23 27mg. 04/03/23 25mg. 11/03/23 22mg. 17/03/23 19mg. 24/03/23 20mg. 05/04/23 18mg. 11/04/23 16mg. 17/04/23 14mg. 27/04/23 20mg. 19/06/23 19mg. 25/06/23 20mg. 04/08/23 18mg. 11/08/23 17mg. 16/08/23 16mg. 25/08/23 15mg. 01/09/23 14mg. 08/09/23 13mg. 15/08/23 12mg. 22/09/23 11mg. 29/09/23 10mg. 19/11/23 9mg. 26/11/23 8mg. 03/12/23 7mg. 10/12/23 6mg. 17/12/23 5mg. 24/12/23 4mg. 31/01/23 3mg. 07/01/24 2mg. 13/01/24 1mg. 19/01/24 0mg. DONE! 

Just now, Doctorsrcrap said:

Was Citalapram sertraline and mirt the only 3 drugs you took? 

I use the term only loosely by the way. I just mean was there any others 

Do you mean antidepressants or other drugs in general?

Yes, they prescribed me benzodiazepines but didn’t take them.

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

I just wondered is all. 

Good for you not taking the benzo. You've done yourself a favour there. 

I went on the merry go round of drugs over a short period too. Makes me sad to see others put through the same.

Did you get all your additional testing done in the end for your gut and stuff?

June 2022- venlafaxine for 5 or 6 weeks at 37.5 twice daily. Upped for one week to 75mg twice daily but caused panic attacks. Dropped back down to 37.5 twice daily. Panic attacks stopped. 

21/11/22 76mg. 28/11/22 72mg. 05/12/22 68mg. 19/12/22 64mg. 27/12/22 60mg. 02/01/23 56mg. 09/01/23 50mg. 16/01/23 47mg. 23/01/23 44mg. 29/01/23 40mg. 05/02/23 38mg. 12/02/23 35mg. 19/02/23 32mg. 25/02/23 27mg. 04/03/23 25mg. 11/03/23 22mg. 17/03/23 19mg. 24/03/23 20mg. 05/04/23 18mg. 11/04/23 16mg. 17/04/23 14mg. 27/04/23 20mg. 19/06/23 19mg. 25/06/23 20mg. 04/08/23 18mg. 11/08/23 17mg. 16/08/23 16mg. 25/08/23 15mg. 01/09/23 14mg. 08/09/23 13mg. 15/08/23 12mg. 22/09/23 11mg. 29/09/23 10mg. 19/11/23 9mg. 26/11/23 8mg. 03/12/23 7mg. 10/12/23 6mg. 17/12/23 5mg. 24/12/23 4mg. 31/01/23 3mg. 07/01/24 2mg. 13/01/24 1mg. 19/01/24 0mg. DONE! 

1 minute ago, Doctorsrcrap said:

I just wondered is all. 

Good for you not taking the benzo. You've done yourself a favour there. 

I went on the merry go round of drugs over a short period too. Makes me sad to see others put through the same.

Did you get all your additional testing done in the end for your gut and stuff?

So I’m getting the testing done sometime after the new year, financially I’ve had to save for it and my nutritionist didn’t want it done until I’ve followed a diet for 2 months. She asked my doctor to do some bloods too but my gp refused 😡 said if I went private to see a nutritionist I can pay for my own bloods.

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

That is disgusting behaviour from the NHS but it doesn't surprise me. Medical negligence right there. 

Are you able to afford the blood tests too? Has the diet helped? 

8 minutes ago, Doctorsrcrap said:

That is disgusting behaviour from the NHS but it doesn't surprise me. Medical negligence right there. 

Are you able to afford the blood tests too? Has the diet helped? 

No I can’t afford them yet unfortunately. I haven’t been entirely strict with the diet due to bloating etc. I don’t see a massive change though if being honest. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

Oh how frustrating for you. I'm sorry 

On 12/17/2023 at 9:55 AM, Tigz91 said:

Update:

coming up to 14 months off now and still really struggling. I still have a load of symptoms and I just don’t get how it’s taking this long for things to improve.

symptoms:

•fast heart rate all the time(worst after eating)

•heart pounding, I can take my pulse without even feeling it.

•gastro issues. 
•migraines that last for 2-3 days and feel like my brain is being squeezed so I can’t think or understand things

• pains and numbness all over body

• severe fatigue, weak and no energy

• anxiety 

• inability to sit still, feel energy running through my body.

• eyes. Bloodshot, dry, pain behind them and loads of floaters.

and more.

does anyone else have loads of physical symptoms this far out? 

I did CT after my dr switched me 5 times in 6-7 months. The first switch was 40mg citalopram down to 0 in 2 weeks even though I had been on them 9 years. 

@Tigz91 I'm over 11 months off and still experience many of the symptoms. Have you experienced these symptoms during all 14 months? In my case, the symptoms of fast heart rate, heart pounding, brain being squeezed, severe fatigue, energy running through my body just started in the last 3-4 months. Wbu?

• 2010-Present: Armour Thyroid (synthetic sometimes, can't remember when or what but mostly on Armour)
  • 2014-2017: Paroxetine (Paxil) 30mg; tapered per Doctor's instructions. 
  • 3/25/2019: Started Fluoxetine (Prozac) 20mg.
  • 8/18/2020 - 10/15/2020: Switched to Bupropion (Wellbutrin) 300mg, had adverse effects.
  • 10/16/2020: Reinstated Fluoxetine 20mg.
  • 7/2020: CT off Fluoxetine per Doctor's instructions. 
  • 8/2020: Reinstated Fluoxetine 20mg.
  • 8/2022 - 1/2023: Linear taper 10% reduction every 2 weeks.
  • Currently 11 months off Fluoxetine.
8 hours ago, tsmith442 said:

@Tigz91 I'm over 11 months off and still experience many of the symptoms. Have you experienced these symptoms during all 14 months? In my case, the symptoms of fast heart rate, heart pounding, brain being squeezed, severe fatigue, energy running through my body just started in the last 3-4 months. Wbu?

Yes unfortunately I’ve experienced if for the majority of my withdrawals, even in the tiny windows I get i still experience it and nothing helps.

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

• 2 weeks later...

So I’m just coming up to 14 months off cold turkey and still really struggling. I just had Covid over Christmas so that’s definitely caused a set back. 

•fast heartbeat/ pounding hard all day but worst at night.

•major GI issues.

• burning sensation in hands and feet but sometimes all over.

•vision. Blurry, floaters, really dry and painful.

•memory issues and forgetting things 

• migraines(last for days and cause severe brain fog)

•flu like symptoms on and off

•severe fatigue 

•anxiety

•cortisol spikes in the morning 

•food intolerances

•swallowing difficulty/ excess saliva but also dry mouth 

• balance issues, feels like I’m on a boat

•feeling like I have brain damage where I can’t think and my mind is blank.

•body temperature fluctuation. (Go from extreme to extreme) 

•feeling like I can’t get a satisfying breath.

•exercise intolerance 

and more.

these are symptoms I’m still struggling with nearly day to day but some go for a couple days and then return and some are a constant. I still don’t have days where I am totally symptom free and as it stands I’m unable to work because physically I feel like my body can’t do anything physical.

I’ve tried magnesium and omega 3 both I didn’t do well with but I believe that’s due to having a bad gut.

I feel like coming off antidepressants has damaged my gut and now I think I’m having issues absorbing nutrients from my foods and potentially have a leaky gut. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

22 minutes ago, Tigz91 said:

So I’m just coming up to 14 months off cold turkey and still really struggling. I just had Covid over Christmas so that’s definitely caused a set back. 

•major GI issues.

•severe fatigue 

•anxiety

•food intolerances

•exercise intolerance 

and more.

these are symptoms I’m still struggling with nearly day to day but some go for a couple days and then return and some are a constant. I still don’t have days where I am totally symptom free and as it stands I’m unable to work because physically I feel like my body can’t do anything physical.

I’ve tried magnesium and omega 3 both I didn’t do well with but I believe that’s due to having a bad gut.

I feel like coming off antidepressants has damaged my gut and now I think I’m having issues absorbing nutrients from my foods and potentially have a leaky gut. 

I am exactly 14 months off Venlafaxine 225mg cold turkey. I am experiencing every single symptom you have mentioned plus others like -

Reoccurring tonsil infection

Tinnitus 

Ears popping all day when people talk or everytime I swallow.

Nausea 

Motion sickness when watching the TV

Hormone issues

Acne break outs all over body

Greasy hair hours after washing

Reoccurring fungal infections 

Etc etc 

Some have gotten better like GI issues compared to months 4-5 etc but still really bad and consistent. Literally feel like I will never fully recover and this is my new life. 

I hope we both get better. Keep going to your doctor's and make them check everything you can think of. I truly believe I have immune system disorders now as well. 

I am on the waiting lists for multiple doctors like ENT, Endocrinologist, Gastro doctor etc but they are like 6 months waiting lists or more. Just to be seen first time... 

5 minutes ago, DaddyChimpy said:

I am exactly 14 months off Venlafaxine 225mg cold turkey. I am experiencing every single symptom you have mentioned plus others like -

Reoccurring tonsil infection

Tinnitus 

Ears popping all day when people talk or everytime I swallow.

Nausea 

Motion sickness when watching the TV

Hormone issues

Acne break outs all over body

Greasy hair hours after washing

Reoccurring fungal infections 

Etc etc 

Some have gotten better like GI issues compared to months 4-5 etc but still really bad and consistent. Literally feel like I will never fully recover and this is my new life. 

I hope we both get better. Keep going to your doctor's and make them check everything you can think of. I truly believe I have immune system disorders now as well. 

I am on the waiting lists for multiple doctors like ENT, Endocrinologist, Gastro doctor etc but they are like 6 months waiting lists or more. Just to be seen first time... 

Hi @DaddyChimpy Yes I have some of those symptoms that you have listed too. I also think I have an autoimmune disorder now myself and have been referred for testing. I’m i the uk and had all heart tests in the summer echocardiogram, 24 hr tape, X-ray and 10 ecgs , I’ve had loads of gastro tests too abdominal ultrasound, ct scan with dye, X-ray and endoscopy. Everything has been clear but I certainly don’t feel like I’m okay. Everyday I feel like I’m close to dying. 

I hope we can fully recover too but sometimes worry that I won’t be possible without some sort of medication. 

the gastro doctor I saw told me I could have sibo or a leaky gut but I would need to see a private nutritionist/herbalist to treat and test as the NhS don’t test or treat them. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

1 hour ago, Tigz91 said:

Hi @DaddyChimpy Yes I have some of those symptoms that you have listed too. I also think I have an autoimmune disorder now myself and have been referred for testing. I’m i the uk and had all heart tests in the summer echocardiogram, 24 hr tape, X-ray and 10 ecgs , I’ve had loads of gastro tests too abdominal ultrasound, ct scan with dye, X-ray and endoscopy. Everything has been clear but I certainly don’t feel like I’m okay. Everyday I feel like I’m close to dying. 

I hope we can fully recover too but sometimes worry that I won’t be possible without some sort of medication. 

the gastro doctor I saw told me I could have sibo or a leaky gut but I would need to see a private nutritionist/herbalist to treat and test as the NhS don’t test or treat them. 

What was you on and how much of a dose did you cold turkey? Also how long was you on it for? 
I took 225mg of venlafaxine for around 4-5 years. 

34 minutes ago, DaddyChimpy said:

What was you on and how much of a dose did you cold turkey? Also how long was you on it for? 
I took 225mg of venlafaxine for around 4-5 years. 

I was on citalopram for 9 years at 40mg and my dr done a 10 day taper to switch me to mirtazapine then I was switched back to citalopram 20mg for 1 month then switched again to Sertraline for 4 months and by this time my brain was fried so I just stoped. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

On 1/3/2024 at 8:18 PM, Tigz91 said:

•major GI issues.

•severe fatigue 

•anxiety

•food intolerances

•exercise intolerance 

and more.

Hi @Tigz91

I've just read your posts. I am in a similar situation with terrible gastritis inflammation. I was stable for 6 months after having a horrible year last year with being over medicated from various antidepressants and ppis etc but I managed to clear up my gastritis with a gluten free diet and was stabilizing on 5mg of citalopram. All was well for a long while and then I had COVID Dec 7th. It was more sickness COVID but also had chest infection. Anyway since then I've had the worst gastritis I've ever had. I'm bed ridden since Dec and now my anxiety is 24/7.  I was given Doxycycline for the chest infection but after that my nerves etc got 200 times worse than ever before.  I can't sleep, I have so much adrenalin I shake all day, I'm trying to eat little and often, my mouth is dry and my skin is flaking off.  I won't take any ppis again as last year I'm convinced it made my withdrawals worse.

I feel your pain and if ever you want a chat feel free to reply. I'm at the point I can't really deal with much more and don't trust doctors as they will just play me with more medication and I'm so sensitive to everything even simple paracetomol.

Sorry for the rant but I didn't think stomach issues would bring on such awful anxiety again after being stable.

1998 - Levothyroxine 100 mg daily, (radioactive iodine treatment twice) and  Asthma steroid inhaler daily

2012 - Citalopram 20 mg daily for panic attacks

2020 - Citalopram 10 mg daily.

2022 - August. Gastritis, Omeprazole 20 mg for 2 weeks. Continual pain, changed diet.

August. Severe anxiety. High cortisone levels 24/7

September. Citalopram 20 mg daily

October. Citalopram 30 mg daily, reduced to 20 mg. Diazepam 2 mg and Promethazine

November. Citalopram 5 mg, changed to Sertraline 25 mg. Hallucinations, head pressure.

December. Mirtazapine 7.5 mg. Stopped all drugs (except Levothyroxine). Cold turkey, 5 days, nightmares, nausea, high anxiety, head pressure, jumbled brain, weird thoughts. Reinstated Citalopram 2.5 mg, increasing to 5 mg. Continuing on 5 mg, not stabilised. Terrible symptoms, jaw clenching, tearful, doom, chest pressure etc etc. 

13 minutes ago, HelenR said:

Hi @Tigz91

I've just read your posts. I am in a similar situation with terrible gastritis inflammation. I was stable for 6 months after having a horrible year last year with being over medicated from various antidepressants and ppis etc but I managed to clear up my gastritis with a gluten free diet and was stabilizing on 5mg of citalopram. All was well for a long while and then I had COVID Dec 7th. It was more sickness COVID but also had chest infection. Anyway since then I've had the worst gastritis I've ever had. I'm bed ridden since Dec and now my anxiety is 24/7.  I was given Doxycycline for the chest infection but after that my nerves etc got 200 times worse than ever before.  I can't sleep, I have so much adrenalin I shake all day, I'm trying to eat little and often, my mouth is dry and my skin is flaking off.  I won't take any ppis again as last year I'm convinced it made my withdrawals worse.

I feel your pain and if ever you want a chat feel free to reply. I'm at the point I can't really deal with much more and don't trust doctors as they will just play me with more medication and I'm so sensitive to everything even simple paracetomol.

Sorry for the rant but I didn't think stomach issues would bring on such awful anxiety again after being stable.

Hi Helen, I’m so sorry to hear you’re struggling too. Yes I am the same with doctors I’m actually scared of them now because I my nervous system is just **** to pieces and I don’t tolerate any new medications at all. I’m honestly at a loss because I can barely eat and losing to much weight. My drs ain’t concerned because all tests have shown nothing but gastritis. I have so many symptoms I just don’t know what to do anymore. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

Hi Helen, I’m so sorry to hear you’re struggling too. Yes I am the same with doctors I’m actually scared of them now because I my nervous system is just **** to pieces and I don’t tolerate any new medications at all. I’m honestly at a loss because I can barely eat and losing to much weight. My drs ain’t concerned because all tests have shown nothing but gastritis. I have so many symptoms I just don’t know what to do anymore. 

@Tigz91 I'm exactly the same. Last year I lost 4 stone but managed to gain 2 back and now I've lost all of it again.

I'm so weak I couldn't even get to a doctor if I wanted to.

I'm just wandering if the antibiotics and anti sickness tablets I took last month have kicked in my withdrawals again. I thought I had stabilised on 5mg of citalopram and was thinking of reducing again but now is not the time.

It's a vicious circle isn't it. My gastritis was starting to heal well and apart from thyroid meds and citalopram I haven't taken anything for months so I'm shocked at how bad I feel. There is a link between gastritis and anxiety but I've never had it so bad before. I'm trying hard to resist any medication for the gastritis as it really sends me spiralling. 

I hope you get some relief soon. I just want a bit of sleep without my adrenaline pumping round. I'm scared my heart won't take much more.

I wish I'd never taken an antidepressant all those years ago and I'm paying the price with my mental health and my stomach.

Are you eating a strict diet? I'm gluten free and lactose free and have been for a year as it definitely helped me last time. Hang in there!!

1998 - Levothyroxine 100 mg daily, (radioactive iodine treatment twice) and  Asthma steroid inhaler daily

2022 - August. Gastritis, Omeprazole 20 mg for 2 weeks. Continual pain, changed diet.

October. Citalopram 30 mg daily, reduced to 20 mg. Diazepam 2 mg and Promethazine

November. Citalopram 5 mg, changed to Sertraline 25 mg. Hallucinations, head pressure.

December. Mirtazapine 7.5 mg. Stopped all drugs (except Levothyroxine). Cold turkey, 5 days, nightmares, nausea, high anxiety, head pressure, jumbled brain, weird thoughts. Reinstated Citalopram 2.5 mg, increasing to 5 mg. Continuing on 5 mg, not stabilised. Terrible symptoms, jaw clenching, tearful, doom, chest pressure etc etc. 

Yes I have lost around 4 stone too. I am staying away from gluten and dairy but I haven’t been really strict if honest as sometimes I think I just need to eat or I’ll just going to get really ill. I also have the adrenaline which wakes me up and is one of the worst feelings ever. I won’t touch PPIs because last year they made my anxiety go through the roof. I’m now looking at other gastro issues like SIBO or leaky gut. 

I also feel the same about my heart. It’s always fast and flutters constantly. Hopefully you can get some relief soon  and get back on track. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

Yes I have lost around 4 stone too. I am staying away from gluten and dairy but I haven’t been really strict if honest as sometimes I think I just need to eat or I’ll just going to get really ill. I also have the adrenaline which wakes me up and is one of the worst feelings ever. I won’t touch PPIs because last year they made my anxiety go through the roof. I’m now looking at other gastro issues like SIBO or leaky gut. 

I also feel the same about my heart. It’s always fast and flutters constantly. Hopefully you can get some relief soon  and get back on track. 

@Tigz91

I've had 2 endoscopys. The first one it showed lots of raw patches in my stomach and esophagus but the one I had done 3 months ago showed an improvement so I'm shocked that my stomach has got so bad. I'm quite strict with my diet but I did waiver a bit before COVID hit me. I've read that COVID can cause stomach irritation and also heighten any withdrawals that you may have. I think I was in protracted withdrawals last year from multiple meds and plus but I battled so hard to get to a good point of living and working again. 

I'm convinced COVID has upset my whole system again so I'm having to start from scratch.

The worst thing is no energy or appetite. It floors me. I can barely make it walking down my stairs at home to the kitchen I'm so weak.

Are you trying any natural things at all? I try to eat natural yoghurt fat free and chicken and rice but it doesn't stay long in my stomach so I'm probably not getting any goodness out of it.

I hope you get some answers soon. Due to the location of where I live we don't have any good specialists in our area so it's tricky to get to see anyone.