Hi I am new here,

I was on citalopram for 9 years at 40mg and I thought it wasn’t working as well as previous so asked my dr for some cbt to try help but instead he switched me to mirtazapine on a 10 days switch taper(I had no knowledge on tapering at the time). I felt awful for the next 8 weeks so he then switched me back and I had an allergic reaction to the citalopram this time so he switched me to sertraline 100mg which still didn’t help and he then told me to stop with just a 2 week taper. I am now 4 months on nothing and have so many withdrawal/kindling symptoms.

*constant heart flutters especially if I get adrenaline rushes or take any different medications or exercise 
* fast heart rate a lot 
* GI issues.
* off balance, on a boat or drunk feeling
* reactive to some foods and drinks
*chest pains
*brain fog
*anxiety and panic
*eye floaters and blurry vision
*tremors and internal vibrations
*weight lose, no appetite 
And more

I just want to know if this is all normal and has anyone else had all the heart symptoms. Fast, fluttering and feeling weird. I get it a lot more if I do anything physical or eat sugary foods.

Edited by Gridley

Citalopram 10mg sep14-nov14,

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered cit 40mg-0mg in 10 days.

mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg jan22-Mar22,

tapered in 1 week.

citalopram 20mg apr22- may22( had a reaction this time, hives everywhere),

no taper cold turkey 

sertraline 50mg then 100mg may22-nov22, tapered in 2 weeks.

• Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to SurvivingAntidepressants, Tigz91.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  Quick answer: Yes, this is normal--all too normal, unfortunately.  

To start:  To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.  All the drugs, doses, switches and tapers you described in your post.  A list format--as opposed to a paragraph format--is best.  Use this link and press "save."

Here's what's happened: All the switches plus the extremely fast taper of Sertraline caused your brain to become destabilized and hyper sensitized.  So what you're experiencing is a combination of withdrawal and kindling.  Withdrawal is caused by going off a psychiatric drug too fast (we recommend no faster than 10% of current dose every 4 weeks).  Kindling is an adverse reaction when we go back on a drug; kindling is also caused by going on and off multiple psych drugs, which you did.  The symptoms you describe in your post are typical of withdrawal and kindling.  

Kindling is explained here: 

Withdrawal is explained here:

Chest and heart symptoms are common in withdrawal.  I had a bunch of them and went through all the tests and nothing was wrong.  But we recommend you check it out with a doctor to be sure.

You will heal, but it's going to take some time, and there's no way to predict how long.  To repeat: you will heal.  Time is the cure while your brain and nervous system recover.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium (glycinate is a good form) and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

We recommend gentle daily exercise (for most of us, strenuous exercise is too much), avoiding sugar, caffeine and alcohol, and minimizing stress as much as possible.  We also suggest non-drug techniques to deal with withdrawal/kindling symptoms.

This is your introduction topic -- the place for you to ask questions, record symptoms, share your progress, and connect with other members of the SA community.  I hope you’ll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation.  I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but I am glad that you found us.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Gridley changed the title to Tigz91: My struggles
10 hours ago, Gridley said:
Welcome to SurvivingAntidepressants, Tigz91.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  Quick answer: Yes, this is normal--all too normal, unfortunately.  

To start:  To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.  All the drugs, doses, switches and tapers you described in your post.  A list format--as opposed to a paragraph format--is best.  Use this link and press "save."

Here's what's happened: All the switches plus the extremely fast taper of Sertraline caused your brain to become destabilized and hyper sensitized.  So what you're experiencing is a combination of withdrawal and kindling.  Withdrawal is caused by going off a psychiatric drug too fast (we recommend no faster than 10% of current dose every 4 weeks).  Kindling is an adverse reaction when we go back on a drug; kindling is also caused by going on and off multiple psych drugs, which you did.  The symptoms you describe in your post are typical of withdrawal and kindling.  

Kindling is explained here: 

Withdrawal is explained here:

Chest and heart symptoms are common in withdrawal.  I had a bunch of them and went through all the tests and nothing was wrong.  But we recommend you check it out with a doctor to be sure.

You will heal, but it's going to take some time, and there's no way to predict how long.  To repeat: you will heal.  Time is the cure while your brain and nervous system recover.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium (glycinate is a good form) and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

We recommend gentle daily exercise (for most of us, strenuous exercise is too much), avoiding sugar, caffeine and alcohol, and minimizing stress as much as possible.  We also suggest non-drug techniques to deal with withdrawal/kindling symptoms.

This is your introduction topic -- the place for you to ask questions, record symptoms, share your progress, and connect with other members of the SA community.  I hope you’ll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation.  I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but I am glad that you found us.

Thank you so much for this I really appreciate it. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

Hi ,

I think that recently the 40 mg dose of citalopram, is the highest recommended one ,since higher than that could cause heart problems...

so a daily dose of 20 to 30, mg 

is considered more appropriate. 

Discuss with your doctor if you should have to do a full cardio check up,

in order to rule out any problems there..

Best regards 

Citalopram 20 mg

Mid June 1994- end March 1995 Then tapering 3 months 

Mid August 1995-end August 1996 Tapering 6 months 

Mid January 2000-end September 2001 Tapering 6 months

Mid October 2003-end October 2005 Tapering 7 years. 

More detailed drug history is here - ☼-kostas

Off any drug from October 2012 

26 minutes ago, Kostas said:

Hi ,

I think that recently the 40 mg dose of citalopram, is the highest recommended one ,since higher than that could cause heart problems...

so a daily dose of 20 to 30, mg 

is considered more appropriate. 

Discuss with your doctor if you should have to do a full cardio check up,

in order to rule out any problems there..

Best regards 

Hi kostas, I’m not on any antidepressants at all anymore and don’t intend to ever go back on any. I have had multiple ecg’s(around 20+ in the last year) and blood test which have all come back normal. I am also waiting for a echocardiogram and a holter monitor but my doctor isn’t concerned as said my ecgs look good. It’s just a really scary feeling 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

Ok,

Glad you have ruled out such possibility..

I had also heartbeat abnormalities during wd,checked it out ,and was everything ok ..

Gradually they subsided in time ,and now barely notice them..

Will eventually feel much better as time goes by..

But you need to be cool and patient in the meantime..

Best wishes 

Citalopram 20 mg

Mid June 1994- end March 1995 Then tapering 3 months 

Mid August 1995-end August 1996 Tapering 6 months 

Mid January 2000-end September 2001 Tapering 6 months

Mid October 2003-end October 2005 Tapering 7 years. 

More detailed drug history is here - ☼-kostas

Off any drug from October 2012 

1 hour ago, Kostas said:

Ok,

Glad you have ruled out such possibility..

I had also heartbeat abnormalities during wd,checked it out ,and was everything ok ..

Gradually they subsided in time ,and now barely notice them..

Will eventually feel much better as time goes by..

But you need to be cool and patient in the meantime..

Best wishes 

Thank you Kostas, I will try but sometimes the anxiety and panic make me feel awful. 

this site has been really helpful as it has so much great information. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

Hey @Tigz91 yeh I've had these aswell during my withdrawals, eating something and feeling like my heart did a flip flop for a second, I've been told it could be due to GI issues which are very common in withdrawal. I came into to hospital thinking I was gonna die from a heart attack due to the flip flops and found out I just had acid reflux and my heart was perfectly healthy.

By all means get checked to make sure but hopefully that puts your mind at rest a little 

SI xx 

Previous to pharma I was doing a fair bit of drinking and taking party drugs, mainly from the ages of 18 and 21

2014: started 20mg citalopram

January 2015: switched to sertraline 50mg

March 2017: dropped to 25mg sertraline

Between these last 2 dates I was on and off the sert (now I know this was stupid) 

December 8th 2022: 50mg sertraline (adverse reaction: Suicidal images and homicidal images) 

December 19th 2022: ct from sertaline

Sometime here had a paradoxical reaction to lorazepam (extreme anxiety, closed eye hallucinations) this caused the dpdr to start

February 17th/19th 2023: WD from sertraline started

Also had an amoxicillin treatment in February, not sure if this did anything but I did get akathisia from then

"BUT I LOVE THE PAIN, LET IT RAIN AND WASH AWAY, LET IT CARRY YOU TO A BETTER PLACE AND FORGET MY NAME"  Ambleside - Wash away

Hello, 

I am really struggling. My heart is constantly pounding and I have been off balance since I stopped my meds cold turkey 4 months ago. My brain feels so foggy and my body just really weak. I feel like I’m going through a really bad wave and just need someone to talk to. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

On 3/29/2023 at 8:45 PM, SertralineIssues29 said:

Hey @Tigz91 yeh I've had these aswell during my withdrawals, eating something and feeling like my heart did a flip flop for a second, I've been told it could be due to GI issues which are very common in withdrawal. I came into to hospital thinking I was gonna die from a heart attack due to the flip flops and found out I just had acid reflux and my heart was perfectly healthy.

By all means get checked to make sure but hopefully that puts your mind at rest a little 

SI xx 

Hi,

I have been checked a few times but always worry about them, once I get a flutter/ flip flop I instantly get a rush of anxiety. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

8 hours ago, Tigz91 said:

Hi,

I have been checked a few times but always worry about them, once I get a flutter/ flip flop I instantly get a rush of anxiety. 

Yeh I get that too, or anytime I get a pain in my back or head it instantly sends my cortisol up, it's probably just the cns reacting in it's overburdened state peircing small things as big dangers 

SI xx 

Previous to pharma I was doing a fair bit of drinking and taking party drugs, mainly from the ages of 18 and 21

Between these last 2 dates I was on and off the sert (now I know this was stupid) 

December 8th 2022: 50mg sertraline (adverse reaction: Suicidal images and homicidal images) 

Sometime here had a paradoxical reaction to lorazepam (extreme anxiety, closed eye hallucinations) this caused the dpdr to start

Also had an amoxicillin treatment in February, not sure if this did anything but I did get akathisia from then

"BUT I LOVE THE PAIN, LET IT RAIN AND WASH AWAY, LET IT CARRY YOU TO A BETTER PLACE AND FORGET MY NAME"  Ambleside - Wash away

• Mentor

Hello @Tigz91  I hear your pain...This withdrawal is not easy.  These drugs have made a mess out of our brains.  Sometimes it's all you can do it to tell yourself that I can make it to my pillow tonight. Tomorrow can be better and I am one day closer to healing.  If your like me it is easy to get caught up in the thoughts/mind.

How are you doing today?

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

On 4/1/2023 at 7:38 PM, Greatful said:

Hello @Tigz91  I hear your pain...This withdrawal is not easy.  These drugs have made a mess out of our brains.  Sometimes it's all you can do it to tell yourself that I can make it to my pillow tonight. Tomorrow can be better and I am one day closer to healing.  If your like me it is easy to get caught up in the thoughts/mind.

How are you doing today?

I’m still very much the same and not I’m a great place, especially with the excess anxiety which just comes from nowhere, it brings so many symptoms. How are you? 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

@Tigz91

I've moved the thread you created in the S&S forum to here. The S&S is to discuss specific symptoms and what people have done for it. It is not for personal stories which belong here. We like to keep your story here all in one place. 

OMW

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Hello, @Tigz91, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, @Tigz91, how are you doing?

Hi Alto,

I think I'm starting to have windows, the last few weeks I'm having a couple of days where I feel about 60-70%. I notice I worry about my health more now though especially heart stuff. How are you doing? 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

• Administrator

I'm fine, thanks. Good to hear about the windows! Please let us know how you're doing.

Have you tried these? Many people find them to be helpful:

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

You might try a low dose of one at a time to see what it does for you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

11 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

I'm fine, thanks. Good to hear about the windows! Please let us know how you're doing.

Have you tried these? Many people find them to be helpful:

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

You might try a low dose of one at a time to see what it does for you.

I haven't tried them yet, I currently take verapramil which is a calcium blocker but I will definitely look at getting these 2 supplements and giving them a try.

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, not posted in a while and thought I'd give an update. I'm 7 months on from CT and I am still really struggling. I get a lot of physical symptoms that seem to cause more health anxiety now. I think I get little windows where mainly the anxiety lifts but not so much the physical sensations. Does anyone else have more problems with the physical sensations? 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

@Tigz91 what physical sensations are you experiencing now?

Jan 29, 2023 - Took my one and only dose of Mirtazapine (15 mg). Developed an immediate adverse reaction with list of withdrawal-like symptoms.

Ooh where to start, heart palpitations(flutters) worst if I eat certain foods or take some medications/supplements and exercise. Histamine intolerance, GI issues. Gastritis and duodenitis. Nausea, off balance like I'm on a boat, internal tremors, head pressure, brain fog, blurry vision, eye floaters, random anxiety and cortisol spikes. Oh and weight lose. I could probably add more but they are the ones that are constant.

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

Such a long list of physical symptoms. No wonder you have health anxiety. I can totally relate on the histamine intolerance and weight loss. It's so frustrating isn't it, when you are losing weight and there're limited things you can eat to gain it back.  Have any of these symptoms improved over time?

Jan 29, 2023 - Took my one and only dose of Mirtazapine (15 mg). Developed an immediate adverse reaction with list of withdrawal-like symptoms.

Hey dude, I'm nearly 7 month out myself and I have the same thing, I get my waves of anxiety and stuff but still have the physical stuff in my windows, at least we are noticing improvements and at this early in that's a great sign mate. Keep that head held high and keep ploughing through! 

Trai xxx

20 hours ago, SertralineIssues29 said:

Hey dude, I'm nearly 7 month out myself and I have the same thing, I get my waves of anxiety and stuff but still have the physical stuff in my windows, at least we are noticing improvements and at this early in that's a great sign mate. Keep that head held high and keep ploughing through! 

Trai xxx

Hi man, thanks for your reply. I will definitely keep pushing and fighting this. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

On 6/16/2023 at 11:51 PM, Chompoo said:

Such a long list of physical symptoms. No wonder you have health anxiety. I can totally relate on the histamine intolerance and weight loss. It's so frustrating isn't it, when you are losing weight and there're limited things you can eat to gain it back.  Have any of these symptoms improved over time?

I've tried to gain weight but it's very hard, the only thing I've found that helps me to eat more foods is Quercetin.

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

@Tigz91 I have the same struggles with weight. I wasn't prescribed the antidepressant for depression or anxiety. I was given it to help with weight loss after a major surgery. The only thing I found I could eat and helped in my weight gain is fatty fish like salmon, avocado oil (can't tolerate many other oils), and coconut milk. Does Quercetin make you hungry? Or increase your tolerance to high histamine food?

10 hours ago, Chompoo said:

@Tigz91 I have the same struggles with weight. I wasn't prescribed the antidepressant for depression or anxiety. I was given it to help with weight loss after a major surgery. The only thing I found I could eat and helped in my weight gain is fatty fish like salmon, avocado oil (can't tolerate many other oils), and coconut milk. Does Quercetin make you hungry? Or increase your tolerance to high histamine food?

Sorry to hear that, it helps increase my intolerance but I have gastritis so need to be careful with what I eat too. I eat salmon twice a week but still trying to add more foods to my diet. It's such a hard thing to go through as the symptoms for me are everyday and some might be reduced some days but then the others seem more heightened. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

@Tigz91 I can totally relate to your food struggles. I tried to expand the list of things I could eat and recently ended up in a wave because I ate some rice crackers with MSG. I'm so sorry your symptoms are causing you such distress. I hope your windows will get longer and your waves more shallow soon.

2 hours ago, Chompoo said:

@Tigz91 I can totally relate to your food struggles. I tried to expand the list of things I could eat and recently ended up in a wave because I ate some rice crackers with MSG. I'm so sorry your symptoms are causing you such distress. I hope your windows will get longer and your waves more shallow soon.

Thank you and I hope yours do too.

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

Numb body

Does anyone have numbness all over their body, I get it more in hands and feet but when I touch my body with my fingers I can barely feel it or it feels like my body is less sensitive to touch. I can also pinch myself hard and not feel it as much,this is the same with my muscles too and wanted to see if anyone else has had this.

Edited by Shep
added title after moving from another forum

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

• Moderator Emeritus

@Tigz91 Please note I moved your post from the Symptoms and Self Care section because we already have a thread for this symptom. 

Paresthesia: pins & needles, numbness, tingling, burning sensations aka neuropathy

This is a common symptom during withdrawal and recovery. 

You mentioned that you might give fish oil and magnesium a try - did you already add those in? If not, you may want to add them in, but only one at a time and at a low dose.

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

1 hour ago, Shep said:

@Tigz91 Please note I moved your post from the Symptoms and Self Care section because we already have a thread for this symptom. 

Paresthesia: pins & needles, numbness, tingling, burning sensations aka neuropathy

This is a common symptom during withdrawal and recovery. 

You mentioned that you might give fish oil and magnesium a try - did you already add those in? If not, you may want to add them in, but only one at a time and at a low dose.

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

Thanks Shep,

I have ordered some that will arrive tomorrow and see how I get on. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

@Shep hi, I've only just found this section and I thought I was going through normal withdrawals (severe), but now I believe I was kindled as I was switched to different ADs around 5 times in 8 months with maximum 2 week tapers. I am 8 months off everything but very sensitive to most meds, supplements and food. I don't touch caffeine, gluten or dairy as well. Would you say this sounds like kindling and should I still try the magnesium and omega 3 supplements. Thanks 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

• Moderator Emeritus

@Tigz91 I moved your last post from Kindling thread to your own intro/update thread. Please read Gridley's post earlier in your thread - he explained kindling. It's fine to try magnesium and omega 3, starting one at a time and at a low dose. 

So I've tried the omega 3 for 5 days and since yesterday I've had the air hunger return. It's like I can't get a full satisfying breath. I've had something similar a few times and it's one of the symptoms that really set my anxiety off.

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

Hi I repnied to your thread  on pins and needles but i was checking your introductión. I've had many of the symptoms you have had. Many have improved over time but still have some. Just wanted to reassure

you that there is improvement albeit slow. In the early time I tried acupuncture and Qi Gong for anxiety. Right now I m doing emdr  for health trauma

but can be tricky. 

2006-2007 Lexapro (not sure of dose) in 2006

2007 Stopped abruptly. Developed serious wd symptom.Went back after two weeks and  tapered successfully over 3 months

November 2013  started 10 mg of Celexa for hormonal symptoms

early 2014 cutdown Celexa to 5 mg.Attempted to get off it November 2014 and had  

Anxiety increased  every time I used  an OTC or had stress.

April-May Cortisol spike problems 

July 2016 Started taking liquid Celexa 7.5 mg

June 2021 I finished my taper en

Severe anxiety and insomnia

June 2022 symptoms omproved

July 2023 gut issues and sleep issues contnue