On 1/3/2024 at 12:18 PM, Tigz91 said:

So I’m just coming up to 14 months off cold turkey and still really struggling. I just had Covid over Christmas so that’s definitely caused a set back. 

•fast heartbeat/ pounding hard all day but worst at night.

•major GI issues.

• burning sensation in hands and feet but sometimes all over.

•vision. Blurry, floaters, really dry and painful.

•memory issues and forgetting things 

• migraines(last for days and cause severe brain fog)

•flu like symptoms on and off

•severe fatigue 

•anxiety

•cortisol spikes in the morning 

•food intolerances

•swallowing difficulty/ excess saliva but also dry mouth 

• balance issues, feels like I’m on a boat

•feeling like I have brain damage where I can’t think and my mind is blank.

•body temperature fluctuation. (Go from extreme to extreme) 

•feeling like I can’t get a satisfying breath.

•exercise intolerance 

and more.

these are symptoms I’m still struggling with nearly day to day but some go for a couple days and then return and some are a constant. I still don’t have days where I am totally symptom free and as it stands I’m unable to work because physically I feel like my body can’t do anything physical.

I’ve tried magnesium and omega 3 both I didn’t do well with but I believe that’s due to having a bad gut.

I feel like coming off antidepressants has damaged my gut and now I think I’m having issues absorbing nutrients from my foods and potentially have a leaky gut. 

Just wanted to say I am having very similar symptoms coming off escitalopram. I am still on it however and at a loss for what to do. I've had some good moments though so hopefully those outway the bad in the future. 

May 2020: started Lexapro 10mg

August 2020: increased to 15mg

Aug 2020-April 2023:Dose between 10mg to 20mg don't remember when but never had issues)

April 2023: Started tapering to 12.5mg after long time at 15mg, Bad side effects (eye floaters, dizziness, headaches, tremors)

May 2023: Reinstate at 15mg hoping would help after 3-4 weeks of bad symptoms. Restarted most symptoms that were subsiding

July 2023: Holding at 15mg possibly not consistent with dosing 10mg tabs causing some effects, still experiencing symptoms

August 2023: Started to attempt very slow 2-5% tapering again by weight which made symptoms worse and then switched to liquid 5mg and pill 10mg combo

Sep-Nov: Slowly tapered to 12.5mg with 10mg pill and remainder from Cipralex suspension. Symptoms were tolerable generally, held at 12.5mg for at least 4 weeks. 

Dec: Dropped to 12.25mg, bad withdrawal symptoms again. 

On 1/13/2024 at 12:13 AM, Canuck19 said:

Just wanted to say I am having very similar symptoms coming off escitalopram. I am still on it however and at a loss for what to do. I've had some good moments though so hopefully those outway the bad in the future. 

Sorry to hear you are also struggling. I’m now pretty sure most of my symptoms are not withdrawal related anymore and think I could in fact have lyme or mold issues so I’m going to try save some money for testing as I can’t go on like this.

Citalopram 10mg sep14-nov14,

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered cit 40mg-0mg in 10 days.

mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg jan22-Mar22,

tapered in 1 week.

citalopram 20mg apr22- may22( had a reaction this time, hives everywhere),

no taper cold turkey 

sertraline 50mg then 100mg may22-nov22, tapered in 2 weeks.

9 minutes ago, Tigz91 said:

Sorry to hear you are also struggling. I’m now pretty sure most of my symptoms are not withdrawal related anymore and think I could in fact have lyme or mold issues so I’m going to try save some money for testing as I can’t go on like this.

@Tigz91 I do hope you get the answers to all this. Good luck and keep us posted.

1998 - Levothyroxine 100 mg daily, (radioactive iodine treatment twice) and  Asthma steroid inhaler daily

2012 - Citalopram 20 mg daily for panic attacks

2020 - Citalopram 10 mg daily.

2022 - August. Gastritis, Omeprazole 20 mg for 2 weeks. Continual pain, changed diet.

August. Severe anxiety. High cortisone levels 24/7

September. Citalopram 20 mg daily

October. Citalopram 30 mg daily, reduced to 20 mg. Diazepam 2 mg and Promethazine

November. Citalopram 5 mg, changed to Sertraline 25 mg. Hallucinations, head pressure.

December. Mirtazapine 7.5 mg. Stopped all drugs (except Levothyroxine). Cold turkey, 5 days, nightmares, nausea, high anxiety, head pressure, jumbled brain, weird thoughts. Reinstated Citalopram 2.5 mg, increasing to 5 mg. Continuing on 5 mg, not stabilised. Terrible symptoms, jaw clenching, tearful, doom, chest pressure etc etc. 

40 minutes ago, HelenR said:

@Tigz91 I do hope you get the answers to all this. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

• 1 month later...

So I’m now just about to come up to 16 months off and unfortunately I still feel awful 95% of the time. it’s like I’m living in a dream(a horrible one) I still don’t feel like I get windows because I’m never symptom free, yes somethings have improved but I’m now getting new symptoms too. Is that normal this far out to experience symptoms? I don’t know.

i have health anxiety and ocd issues now which I’m working on. I’ve not been to the hospital or seemed reassurance in 5 months and that has been hard. 

my symptoms now are:

itchy crawling skin 

hives

Throat tightness and swallowing feels weird

fast and pounding heart most days

fatigue 

red eyes, heavy and tired too

head pressure and migraines

muscle aches and tension

Sensitivities. reactions to food, supplements and medications.

off balance sensation

unable to gain weight, feel like I have lost muscle mass.

gut issues 

anxiety and pacing.

and more.

some of the symptoms I can’t even describe or explain. 

Really down about how things have not improved more than this. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

Hello. do you think from your experience that CT has caused nerve damage ? 
I too have a lot of similar to Yours  symptoms most bothered by constant stomach bloating and insomnia. I once reintroduced too high a dose after 3 msec and it blew my stomach.  
 Now I would like to try again. But if it's CNS corruption then maybe it's better to wait? 

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg

9 hours ago, modelarz71 said:

Hello. do you think from your experience that CT has caused nerve damage ? 
I too have a lot of similar to Yours  symptoms most bothered by constant stomach bloating and insomnia. I once reintroduced too high a dose after 3 msec and it blew my stomach.  
 Now I would like to try again. But if it's CNS corruption then maybe it's better to wait? 

Hi, I think it’s done something to my nerves for sure. I also get pins and needles, burning and cold sensations all over my body. Sometimes it’s hard to tell what is withdrawal or if it’s something else. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

• 1 month later...

So I’m now 19 months and my biggest worry is my throat sensation. 

since December my throat is constantly feeling tight or like it’s closing and being restricted of some sort. It’s every single day and really starting to worry me.

I've seen my gp and he’s arranged for a camera test but I am worried it’s allergy related, maybe mcas? 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey 

• 2 weeks later...

This has completely destroyed me. I’m 19 months off and I don’t see things ever getting anywhere near normal again. 

I’ve lost so much weight and muscle mass, I can’t eat loads of foods due to reactions, mcas like symptoms which antihistamines and meds are not touching, gut issues( done a 3 day comprehensive stool tests and so much bad bacteria, parasites and not much good bacteria.) weak abs no energy, dizziness and heart rate all over the place. 

I am at a total loss. I have two young kids and I’ve pretty much been absent the last two years due to how severe these symptoms are. 

cit 20mg nov14-jan15,

cit 40mg jan15 -jan22,

tapered in 1 week.

no taper cold turkey