• Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on being drug free and recovering!  I'm so thrilled for you, and very inspired and encouraged by your success story!  We really appreciate you coming back here and writing your story - it will give hope and help to many people, I believe.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• getofflex changed the title to Jadenatalie: I see the light!

Well done Jade. Glad to see another crossing the finish line to victory. 

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Failed taper attempt (50 -> 49) - Jan 2024; Second attempt to start taper - 17 Feb 2024

Current dose: 48.9mg (Feb 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil

Thanks for your testimony! 
Im sorry about the early menopause, you know I’ve heard of other cases like that, menopause caused by PAWS. I personally got PMDD and post menstrual syndrome since that, Idk if it’ll ever go away. 
How and when did the menopause symptoms start? 

April 2020: 10mg Escitalopram 

July 2020: fast tapper tried to quit. Failed. 
september 2020: Trintellix 20mg. 
october 2021: fast taper off Trintellix (1 week). Reinstated 10mg in January 2022 for 3 weeks, failed, kindling effect so I quit rapidly, now off meds since then. 

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your healing & thank you for coming back to talk about it.

How was healing for you… Did your symptoms just all randomly stop one day or did they slowly go away like less & less waves & more windows ??

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

On 6/30/2023 at 7:06 AM, Nypeaches89 said:

Thanks for your testimony! 
Im sorry about the early menopause, you know I’ve heard of other cases like that, menopause caused by PAWS. I personally got PMDD and post menstrual syndrome since that, Idk if it’ll ever go away. 
How and when did the menopause symptoms start? 

Hey! Well, my menopause symptoms and withdrawal symptoms were quite similar so it is hard to say when one started and the other ended really! 

May 2016- August 2020 Fluoxetine 20mg (pooped out)

August 2020 - December 2020 Sertraline 50mg (adverse effects)

Dec 2020-Mar 10th 2021 Citalopram 20mg (adverse effects)- STOPPED cold turkey

Fully antidepressant free since 10th March 2021. 

Take occasional propranolol 10mg.

On 7/8/2023 at 8:50 PM, peaceandlove said:

Congratulations on your healing & thank you for coming back to talk about it.

How was healing for you… Did your symptoms just all randomly stop one day or did they slowly go away like less & less waves & more windows ??

Hey! Healing for me was very slow, lots of dips when I thought I was doing good. Mine went away very slowly and gradually had more windows than waves pattern. 

On 7/10/2023 at 6:36 AM, Jadenatalie said:

Hey! Healing for me was very slow, lots of dips when I thought I was doing good. Mine went away very slowly and gradually had more windows than waves pattern. 

cool thank you & also you mentioned you took Cipro & your withdrawal symptoms worsened? How long did taking that antibiotic set you back ?? Was it for an UTI

I took too took an antibiotic however it wasn’t Cipro it was something else I believe for an uti that I didn’t even have however that was like 5 months ago. I wonder if it has set me back as well 😣

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

On 7/11/2023 at 4:22 PM, peaceandlove said:

cool thank you & also you mentioned you took Cipro & your withdrawal symptoms worsened? How long did taking that antibiotic set you back ?? Was it for an UTI

I took too took an antibiotic however it wasn’t Cipro it was something else I believe for an uti that I didn’t even have however that was like 5 months ago. I wonder if it has set me back as well 😣

Yes I took cipro for 5 days I think it was. My symptoms were 100x worse after I’d finished that, that’s how I knew I’d been floxed. It was terrible and I’d convinced myself I had permanent damage etc, that really bad phase probably lasted 3 months and then I went back into my normal waves and windows pattern. And yes it was for a UTI but it turns out I didn’t actually have a UTI (it was the start of meno symptoms) x

Hi jadenatalie, my 1st question is do you still get random anxiety? Did you go cold turkey from the meds? Did you work during your withdrawals? Sorry to ask a lot of questions but I'm curious and need some hope.

Escitalopram  approximately 2012 to March 31st 2023 20mg cold turkey.

Back on to escitalopram 10 mg approximately 3weeks later.

Switch to Fluoxetine approximately 3 weeks after that.

Come off Fluoxetine 20 mg 22nd of June cold turkey.

Been on antipsychotics such as Serrequal, Abilify, Zyprexa, and currently on, I can't remember the dates of them.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hello20, @Hello20

Could you start an Introduction topic for yourself ASAP?  I know I gave you the friendly reminder.  Just go to Introductions, then start new topic, pick a title, add your user name to it.  Tell us a bit about yourself.

And do a signature: How to summarize your drug history in your drug signature

Thanks.

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

I've done it, can you check please?

Been on antipsychotics such as Serrequal, Abilify, Zyprexa, and currently on, I can't remember the dates of them.

On 7/15/2023 at 11:46 PM, Hello20 said:

Hi jadenatalie, my 1st question is do you still get random anxiety? Did you go cold turkey from the meds? Did you work during your withdrawals? Sorry to ask a lot of questions but I'm curious and need some hope.

Hey @Hello20 , i've always been a slightly anxious person anyway and anxiety is also part of hormone dips which i'm currently having. i do still have some anxiety but not half as much as i used to. Yes, i went cold turkey from my meds. Yes, i worked full time during my withdrawal and only had 1 day off sick (this was due to me NEEDING the money to live) if i didnt need the money i'd have gone on long term sick. 

x

15 hours ago, Jadenatalie said:

Hey @Hello20 , i've always been a slightly anxious person anyway and anxiety is also part of hormone dips which i'm currently having. i do still have some anxiety but not half as much as i used to. Yes, i went cold turkey from my meds. Yes, i worked full time during my withdrawal and only had 1 day off sick (this was due to me NEEDING the money to live) if i didnt need the money i'd have gone on long term sick. 

@Jadenatalie how did you cope with the anxiety and still work? Would have been a very difficult time.

I'm almost afraid to ask as I only found tbis website too late but ....how did you know this website exists? What did you google exactly 

On 7/21/2023 at 8:37 AM, Hello20 said:

@Jadenatalie how did you cope with the anxiety and still work? Would have been a very difficult time.

@Hello20 I just did, I had no choice because I had to get the money to pay my bills unfortunately. It was so difficult but I pushed through. 

10 minutes ago, Gardengonewild said:

I'm almost afraid to ask as I only found tbis website too late but ....how did you know this website exists? What did you google exactly 

Erm, I’m not sure it was too long ago to remember!! I’m sure i googled antidepressant withdrawal. 

1 hour ago, Jadenatalie said:

@Hello20 I just did, I had no choice because I had to get the money to pay my bills unfortunately. It was so difficult but I pushed through. 

How long have you been off the meds for? Did/do you have high cortisol levels that wake you in the morning? If not how long did it last? What did you come off? Sorry about all the questions.

3 minutes ago, Hello20 said:

How long have you been off the meds for? Did/do you have high cortisol levels that wake you in the morning? If not how long did it last? What did you come off? Sorry about all the questions.

Hey @Hello20 if you read the full post above that I’ve done, about my success story you’ll find everything you need with regards to how long I were on them and coming off them etc. I have detailed it fully above! 🙂 sorry I don’t want to repeat everything I’ve written already! 

30 minutes ago, Jadenatalie said:

Hey @Hello20 if you read the full post above that I’ve done, about my success story you’ll find everything you need with regards to how long I were on them and coming off them etc. I have detailed it fully above! 🙂 sorry I don’t want to repeat everything I’ve written already! 

Can I ask how long the insomnia lasted please?

Hmmm. Nope. That wasn't it. Still doesn't come up. It's ok.i wasn't meant to find it 5.5yrs ago when I needed it. Just was curious thanks.