Dahlia50: Reducing Zoloft

Dahlia50

@Jaffa You’re so kind.

You have yourself and kids to think about, just write when you have time. I don't have much else to do but write. Thought I would never suffer like this at 50 years old. 

Yes the worst is head and I’ve read similar about others but seems like I have more. Not being able to walk and move as you want to is scary and disabling. Most people seem to be able to go for a walk so that worries me. I can only walk a few meters. Really liked to exercise outdoors before. 

9 hours ago, Jaffa said:

Does he have a copy of The Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines?

Is that about how to taper…or? Printed out some paper they could read but they dont understand how bad WD is. They think it may get better with some medication, doubtful in my case.

Yes family believes me, they know who I was. But parents are old unfortunately and gets frustrated that I’ve to have it this way. So it affects them. Sibling is busy with kids and I don't want to burden. But they misses me.

Just like I miss everyone, life and myself. Sending grateful greetings and healing to you too. 🩵🌸

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

2022 May - 62,5mg (doctor wanted to increase). Felt sick, went back to 50mg efter 2 weeks

2022 Oct - Reducing dose to 37,5mg (from 50mg). WD in few days, advised to go back to 50 - I then got adverse worse paradoxical effect

2022 Oct - Zoloft 50mg severe side effects/adverse reaction

2023 May 5th - Reducing dose to 25mg (directly from 50mg by Dr, WD).

2023 Aug 1st - Reducing dose to 12,5mg 

2023 Oct 10th - Removed dose from 12mg to zero by Dr. Tried reinstate 2,5mg citalopram after 3 months didnt work bad reaction. In Terrible WD.

Use melatonin 4mg. Lergigan 5mg. Omega 3, D-vitamin, magnesium glycinate, zink.

1 hour ago, Dahlia50 said:

Not being able to walk and move as you want to is scary and disabling

Many are unable to move from their beds, shower themselves, move outside,  Angie Peacock for example . Check YouTube if you don’t know Angie. She is a survivor. You are going the join that list of survivors too. 

Yes The Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines is a text book for doctors and psychiatrists. It’s just been released . Perhaps it’s too much for now. Please be very careful with trying another medication. It may help but it may not. It might make things worse. You could book a zoom consultation with Angie Peacock. She has seen many as unwell as you and worse and has been through it herself. She hardly got out of bed for the first two years. Your condition will not shock her. She might help you feel more focused and determined. 

Im ok Dahlia. My children are pretty independent. Please don’t feel like you need to respond to me all the time unless you want to. No pressure at all. My feelings won’t be hurt. I just want you to feel supported and less alone. 
Hugs

2003 Paxil - I can't remember the dose but I think it was 10mg  experienced  horrendous akathisia when starting for 3 weeks then okay 

2004.  slow reduction to 0 , withdrawal symptoms, so reinstated to 10mg - again horrendous Akathisia which lasted 5 weeks.
2005 - attempted to slowly taper off and again  Terrible withdrawal so reinstated and endured akathisia until it settled. Psychiatrist changed me over to

Zoloft so that I could have another baby. No adverse reaction with the switch except terrible diorreah

2006   tried once more to come off Zoloft carefully with terrible results. reinstated Zoloft and used 2.5 mg of zyprexa to help Akathisia- horrid episode                             lasted 3 months with some akathisia and severe depression which I’d never had before. Withdrawal from zyprexa ( depression) 

2008  50 mg of Zoloft then after 6 months I tapered to 25 mg and decided to stay there . 

2012 stress event and peri menopause acute anxiety which led to, updosing to 125 mg, tortuous symptoms(akathisia) then stabilized,  back to 50 mg-

2014 - same again  down to 25 with Akathisia on updosing and a hospital visit. 

2019 - 2023 Zoloft tapering by 2 mg linear taper every 3 months started at 50 mg, got to 25 mg around January 2023.  June 2023- health anxiety and what feels like withdrawal again.  Insomnia, anxiety, blunted good feelings.

2023 June- Zyprexa taken twice, ativan 1 mg taken once, temazepan infrequent but 15- 18th of June used for 4 nights

2023 August - introduced 7.5 mg of mirtazapine for 12 days then 15mg of mirtazapine. Sleep now ok but daily life depression, anhedonia, agitation and a weird feeling of being sedate and anxious at the same time. Currently holding.

My introduction thread: Jaffa: Possibly late onset withdrawal

Thanks @Jaffa ❣️

Heard that some are ”unable to move from their beds, shower themselves, move outside”. But have such a hard time understanding that it can be like this.

Checked M Horowitz but expensive consultation. Maybe check out Angie Peacock, know who she is.

Good you are Ok. Grateful for kind words and support. I feel no pressure to answer. But today I have a terrible day with less energy to write.

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

2022 May - 62,5mg (doctor wanted to increase). Felt sick, went back to 50mg efter 2 weeks

2022 Oct - Reducing dose to 37,5mg (from 50mg). WD in few days, advised to go back to 50 - I then got adverse worse paradoxical effect

2023 Oct 10th - Removed dose from 12mg to zero by Dr. Tried reinstate 2,5mg citalopram after 3 months didnt work bad reaction. In Terrible WD.

7 hours ago, Dahlia50 said:

Good you are Ok. Grateful for kind words and support. I feel no pressure to answer. But today I have a terrible day with less energy to write.

Breathe in and breathe out. That's all you have to do. Isn't it amazing that our bodies can suffer so much and not keel over and die. The human body is incredible. Sometimes when I was in my worst withdrawal states I would pull out my physiology and anatomy textbook and just read or look at the pictures of the human body. I would wonder what is going on in my brain/ body right now? 

One very small thing that I also did in the height of my suffering while the hot tears were rolling down my face, was rub an aromatherapy body lotion into my limbs after showering. It was a little act of self love to stroke my poor arms and legs and smell the clary sage and geranium and lemon. Nothing takes the pain away but tiny moments like this helped me get through the next 5 minutes. Sitting on the floor and even crawling and rocking helped a bit too. I'm thinking of you everyday. Im here for you. Hugs

Jaffa

2003 Paxil - I can't remember the dose but I think it was 10mg  experienced  horrendous akathisia when starting for 3 weeks then okay 

2004.  slow reduction to 0 , withdrawal symptoms, so reinstated to 10mg - again horrendous Akathisia which lasted 5 weeks.
2005 - attempted to slowly taper off and again  Terrible withdrawal so reinstated and endured akathisia until it settled. Psychiatrist changed me over to

Zoloft so that I could have another baby. No adverse reaction with the switch except terrible diorreah

2006   tried once more to come off Zoloft carefully with terrible results. reinstated Zoloft and used 2.5 mg of zyprexa to help Akathisia- horrid episode                             lasted 3 months with some akathisia and severe depression which I’d never had before. Withdrawal from zyprexa ( depression) 

2008  50 mg of Zoloft then after 6 months I tapered to 25 mg and decided to stay there . 

2012 stress event and peri menopause acute anxiety which led to, updosing to 125 mg, tortuous symptoms(akathisia) then stabilized,  back to 50 mg-

2019 - 2023 Zoloft tapering by 2 mg linear taper every 3 months started at 50 mg, got to 25 mg around January 2023.  June 2023- health anxiety and what feels like withdrawal again.  Insomnia, anxiety, blunted good feelings.

2023 June- Zyprexa taken twice, ativan 1 mg taken once, temazepan infrequent but 15- 18th of June used for 4 nights

2023 August - introduced 7.5 mg of mirtazapine for 12 days then 15mg of mirtazapine. Sleep now ok but daily life depression, anhedonia, agitation and a weird feeling of being sedate and anxious at the same time. Currently holding.

Hi,

I don't know if I can handle this anymore. Does anyone know if you can get akathisia after fast discontionuation/taper? It may have occurred after injury.

I’m thinking of trying to reinstate 0.5mg zoloft after 7 months off (in a few days). Not certain it will work and it’s late after 7 months but don't know what else to do. Does anyone know if reinstatement can help symptoms and akathisia?

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

• Mentor
29 minutes ago, Dahlia50 said:

Hi,

I don't know if I can handle this anymore.

Hi Dahlia! It sounds like you're reaching your limit. I'm sorry you're feeling this way, and I want to encourage you to slow down. Bad feelings don't last forever, and they usually go away faster when your mind experiences as little panic and anticipatory anxiety as possible. Your way out now is to relax your mind. We're here with you, and you're safe, no matter what your mind tells you.

34 minutes ago, Dahlia50 said:

Does anyone know if you can get akathisia after fast discontionuation/taper? It may have occurred after injury.

Akathisia can be a symptom of withdrawal. Symptoms come and go, so don't worry about it.

35 minutes ago, Dahlia50 said:

I’m thinking of trying to reinstate 0.5mg zoloft after 7 months off (in a few days). Not certain it will work and it’s late after 7 months but don't know what else to do. Does anyone know if reinstatement can help symptoms and akathisia?

Symptoms aren't strictly separate; they all originate from a systemic instability. Once healing occurs, akathisia, like other symptoms, disappears. Regarding reinstatement, it’s most advised within the first few months. While properly timed reinstatement can alleviate symptoms, it’s uncertain how you might respond to it now. The decision is yours since you possess the information, but remember, your body and health are at stake. It’s crucial not to cling to reinstatement out of a desperate quest for symptom relief. Make sure you're fully aware of the potential consequences. 

Your journey towards recovery is ongoing, with your brain striving for stability. Stabilization may take 5, 6 months, or longer, yet you've already dedicated 7 months. Perhaps you’re closer to seeing improvement than you think. Rushing into a decision might negate the progress made, exposing you to a new set of uncertainties and repercussions, with Zoloft in the mix. Regardless of your choice, take good care of yourself.

22.10.2020 sertraline (50 upped to 100mg for two months) and pregabalin (150mg for half year)

2021 mirtazapine (30mg for some months), amitryptyline (cascading dose but doctor took me off it before reaching five tablets), olanzapine (5mg), lithium (this one I reacted to terribly as well, maybe due to my Hashimoto disease)

2022 duloxetine, reboxetine, venlafaxine (all unsuccessful attemps stopped after one day with no side effects following days, only reboxetine pushed through with one box)

2023 mainly bupropion (150mg stopped after few weeks, 300mg stopped after few another weeks, 150mg stopped after few months) until IAR, buspirone (5mg) tried for 3 days 

autumn 2023 - 150mg bupropion daily,

12.12.2023 - bupropion stopped,

16.12.2023 - 100mg sertraline,

18.12.2023 - 150mg bupropion,

19, 20 & 21.12.2023 - 150mg bupropion & 5mg buspirone,

Nothing ever since 21.12.2023.

20 hours ago, Dahlia50 said:

Hi,

I don't know if I can handle this anymore. Does anyone know if you can get akathisia after fast discontionuation/taper? It may have occurred after injury.

@Dahlia50

Have you read all the information about reinstatement? While there are no guarantees, a small 0.5 mg reinstatement could help a little. It’s certainly best to start low. Your system is destabilised and may react badly but with this tiny dose it shouldn’t. Angie Peacock does an interview with Mark Horowitz where reinstatement is discussed. Have a listen. This way you make an informed decision. 
❤️

Dear @BaccatePlayer

Thanks for support and your thoughts. Reinstatement can be negative for the process after 7 months and I am afraid of deterioration and consequences.

But I'm having a really hard time. Can barely write here now, don’t know how I get through the days with severe WD and akathisia 24/7. No windows. Feel broken and traumatized by this. Feeling of torture and brain does not work.

I’ve persevered and struggled for 7 months but it has gotten worse. It's at an extreme level now so I don't know if I can survive this. Crying and in pain all day. Want to be positive for others but that's how it is now.

I don't want to reinstate. But scared of being bedridden for years. Almost impossible to make the decision as I’m scared of it too even if Im hoping for a slight alleviation of symptoms. Dr think I should try 1 mg and don't understand my hesitation. Feeling pressured to make a decision but dont know yet if I dare to try 0.5mg.

No one should have to go through this. Love and care about everyone on this forum 💛

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

Thanks @Jaffa ❣️

I have read about reinstatement. But I'm not good at making decisions when I’ve become much worse and it may be too late.
Feels like a gamble, for some it works and for others it goes wrong. No guarantees as you say but no more than 0.5mg. Watching the Horowitz/Peacock interview now. Thanks for that…and that you are here.

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

@Dahlia50

Thinking of you ❤️🫂

Hoping with everything in me that you experience some relief soon. 
Two things to consider :- 

It seems that at the 7-9 month mark of being off sertraline that people experience the worst most acute phase of withdrawal. You are doing it ! This is truly tremendously difficult but you are moving through this acute phase. In three months things will look / feel different. It won’t be over but it will not be so acute. Keep the symptom diary so you can see this progress. 

0.5 mg is the best most careful reinstatement if you decide to go that way . Give it a week then if symptoms do not worsen or improve move up to 1 mg and wait again. If you notice any worsening then just stop the reinstatement. Perhaps a few weeks at 1 mg will be needed for clear resolution. I for one support you wholeheartedly in whatever decision you make. Tapering off a low dose more carefully can be done in the future. A small reinstatement should not set you backwards. This is a sensible action given the extremity of your symptoms. I also completely understand your fear around reinstatement - 100%. Alto is right when she says “ all bets are off” . We don’t know how you will go and the prospect of getting worse is terrifying. I’ve been there. That said , it might improve things a little. Probably not much help to say all this . If you do reinstate please be certain to maintain dose accuracy. I’ve only recently discovered how crucial this is . 
Sending warm thoughts your way 

Thinking of you and praying @Dahlia50

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 1996-2012  Prozac and Klonipin
  • 2012: physician took me off Prozac rapidly. Severe (unrecognized) withdrawal. Went inpatient and was poly-drugged -- rapid changes of SSRIs, antipsychotics and benzodiazepines. 
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg
  • 2019 Xanax XR .5mg (tapered down to this level since being prescribed in 2012)
  • 2014-2022 Gabapentin (tapered down to zero from 1800mg)
  • May 2023 HRT - estriol, estradiol, testosterone, progesterone. Dec. 8, 2023 - stopped progesterone pill (started having awful reactions); inconsistent with estrogen and testosterone combined cream in confusion of severe withdrawal symptoms. Dec. 14, 2023: Estrogen/testosterone cream: Back on about 1/4 amount I was taking previously of estrogen and testosterone cream (1.5 pumps out of 4 -- full amount seemed to ignite some kind of fire in my hyper sensitive state); did not resume progesterone (b/c of bad reactions after taking in WD)
  • December 2022: Paxil 40 to 30mg (went OK); May 2023: Paxil 30 to 20 mg (went OK); Oct. 14, 2023: Paxil 15mg; Oct. 21, 2023: Paxil 10mg  (done w/ conventionaldoc -- bottom dropped out 3 weeks later)
  • Nov. 9, 2023: tried reinstating to 20mg but reacted very badly (probably kindling)
  • November 18, 2023: 7.5ml (15mg equivalent) *switch to manufacturer's liquid, Novatium* Conventional psych doc switched me to 7.5ml liquid b/c tiny pills were  splitting unevenly - further destabilization by both switching to liquid and changing dose at same time.
  • November 2023 - present: *severe* withdrawal symptoms, akathisia
  • Dec. 6 - manufacturer change on alprazolam er (further destabilization?). Normal mfr very difficult to find now. 
  • Jan 6 2024 - stopped coffee and all forms of caffeine. Eliminated dairy, processed foods, sugar.  Gluten intolerant so no gluten. Low fodmap diet for gut issues, daily leafy greens, a lot of protein to avoid blood sugar spikes after meals and also for akathisia. 
  • Feb 27 2024 - doc had me stop hormone cream. FDA-required formulation had changed and she was worried about my transition to something new. She also said that the estrogen/testosterone hormones are activating.  I had already dropped a good bit in dose early in withdrawal (Dec 14 2023 above) b/c it got lost in the chaos of early withdrawal.  
  • March 2024 - doctor having me try propranolol for akathisia. First as needed starting around Mar 7 and then daily starting around Mar 23. (aka very bad in morning especially)
  • Apr 2 2024 - stopped daily propranolol. Think it was interefering with sleep and causing other side effects. Will use as prn.
  • supplements: magnesium glycinate 150mg - trying to taper up by 25mg each week or so. 

Thinking of you ❤️

• Mentor

I’m sorry you are going through such a difficult time. I think both @BaccatePlayer and @Jaffa have given you some wise advice.

Only you can make the decision whether or not to reinstate a tiny, tiny dose (like .5mg). At 7 months out, it is a gamble. I reinstated 6 months after my Effexor CT. In that 6 months time, my doctor destabilized me even more by putting me off and on several different ADs. I was a mess, as you can relate to. Eventually, I found SA and reinstated Effexor at a fraction of my dose. I knew the gamble but figured what else did I have to lose as I was close to deciding a much worse fate.

Reinstating was the best thing I did. It was not easy. The symptoms do not magically disappear over night. It took me another 6-9 months to stabilize, but each week was better than the week before with the exception of those first few weeks. This was over 4 years ago and I am still tapering down from the minuscule dose I reinstated to. It’s a very slow process for those of us who have been destabilized terribly and are extra sensitive. But, my reinstatement was so much better than the hell I was living in prior.

It’s a tough decision. My heart goes out to you.

Edited by FindRest

1988-1996  Various AD’s, all classifications.  1996-2019  Effexor XR 37.5mg to 150mg. Jan 2017 onward, 37.5 mg.

2019  Apr 11 - July 24: Trials of Latuda then Rexulti. CT'd off per dr.  Jul 24: CT Effexor (per dr)  Sep 9-19: Viibryd, CT (per dr).  Sep 23-27: Trintellix. CT (per dr).  Sep 28 - Oct 24:  Prozac 10mg.  Oct 24:  Stop Prozac, began Pristiq 25mg->50->25mg.

2020  Feb 1: CT Pristiq. Feb 1: Reinstated Effexor XR (10 large beads) gradually increasing to 22 beads (15L+7M) or 9.072mgai on Mar, 2020.

2021  Started Jan w 21 beads (13L+8M) or 8.47mgai ended Dec: 17 beads (7L+9M+1S) or 6.19mgai. Severe COVID + TIA.

2022  Ended yr w 14 beads (3L+5M+5S+1XS) or 4.5mgai. Major jaw injury during year + family tragedy.

2023  Jan: 13 beads (2L+5M+5S+1XS) or 4.2mgai; Feb: 12 beads (2L+4M+5S+1XS) or 3.9mgai; Mar: 11 beads (2L+4M+4S+1XS) or 3.6mgai, Apr: 10 beads (2L+3M+4S+1XS) or 3.3mgai; Jun: 9 beads (2L+3M+3S+1XS) or 3mgai,

Current: July, 2023: Effexor XR -  9 beads (2L+3M+3S+1XS) or 2.7 mgai

Other current meds: Ambien 10mg 3.935mg , clonazepam .125mg .107mg, omeprazoleSynthroid, Premarin.  Supplements: D3, C, probiotic, K2-MK7, Mg Glycinate

Sending loving thoughts your way dahlia. 

We are with you….🙏🙏🥰🥰🥰💪💪💪

On Venlafaxine for 30 years, 150mg

2018 first tapered, over 2 months, horrible crashed, reinstated 3 months later

February 2023, tapering again, every 4 weeks reduced by 50%  150mg down to 37:5mg 

June 2023, from 37.5, broke open capsule, started tapering by one bead at a time every 2 weeks 

August, 2023 stopped last bead. 
Nov, 2023, started Saint John Wort, 600mg, 3x a day = 1800mg  -

reduced 1 capsules 300mg on Feb 15, 2024

Supplements, 

magnesium bisglycinate, B complex, multivitamin, Omega 3 complex, Vitamin D3, digestive enzymes

also, use L-Theanine, occasionally natural GABA,  - stopped this in Jan 2024

For H.Pylori- Manuka Honey, 850mgo, Mastica Chios gum, Kefir, & probiotics 

Thank you @FindRest 

Yes, @BaccatePlayer and @Jaffa are good people who gives advice and sweet support. It is complex and a difficult decision. A gamble att 7 months out when you already have crashed into severe WD. Maybe extra difficult as I also had a reaction to zoloft.

Interesting to hear about your journey. That you reinstated 6 months after CT. Dislike zoloft, but as you said I’ve also felt what do you have to lose when you also are heading towards a worse fate.

Very happy for you that it worked out even though a tough and long journey. Sounds like it helped a bit with the hellish WD you were in before. It is a slow process and no quick fix.

Thanks for writing to me and being here 💛

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

Thanks @Kaylaq 

How are you? Have you ever thought about reinstatement? I think you're on the right way though. Hard to know with most of this process…

🙏🥰

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

Yes, I do think of reinstating often but more afraid of disrupting my nervous system even more, … i couldn’t handle that!  Besides I’m on Saint John’s Wort, and while on that one is not supposed to add on AD, trying to slowly taper down the amount I take as I’m having burning skin issues from it…  also, want to be on a low dose if I do try to reinstate as my quality of life is not good, …. I exist that’s all. 

take care, sending you so much love, strength and courage in dealing with your WD nightmare. 🥰🥰💪💪🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

February 2023, tapering again, every 4 weeks reduced by 50%  150mg down to 37:5mg 

June 2023, from 37.5, broke open capsule, started tapering by one bead at a time every 2 weeks 

Supplements, 

magnesium bisglycinate, B complex, multivitamin, Omega 3 complex, Vitamin D3, digestive enzymes

@Kaylaq Understand. Same, afraid of disrupting nervous system even more after reading here about others. Difficult to build up a life in this situation. It's really frustrating when you have been fully functional and had a good life before.

Same for me, I exist that's all.

Sending you much love and strength too 💛🌿

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

Hi Dahlia,

I wanted to say hello in your thread.

On 4/30/2024 at 6:21 PM, Dahlia50 said:

I believe this might be worth a try. Imagine you tapered off gradually by 10% from 12.5mg (a month holding time). After 7 month you would be somewhere at 6mg. If I remember correctly you already went very fast before the 12.5mg. If you tapered by 10% from 50mg in Oct. 2022 you would be somewhere at 6.75mg.

The extent of adverse effects of a drug usually rises and falls with the dose. If I remember correctly, you said that Sertraline was giving you adverse effects. Part of those adverse effects might also have been withdrawal, since I believe you reported them after your first reduction. You could try to find a dose of sertraline that balances withdrawal and adverse effects best. Possibly at 0.5mg adverse effects are very little but withdrawal is significantly less.

I think it is important not to jump with your dose. I did this (you as well) and I think we both suffered. Reinstatement can also be difficult and come with it's own side effects like anxiety and insomnia. However when you start very little and only move gradually and slowly, it also might go smoothly. My withdrawal symptoms improved a lot when I reinstated after 4 weeks (unfortunately I jumped dose and therefore got a lot of anxiety and insomnia).

0.5-1mg sounds like a good starting point for me, if you want to try reinstating after 7 month. You could stay there for 2-4 weeks, take notes on your condition before and after and then decide how to proceed.

2001 - ~2003 Paroxetine, quit cold turkey
2005 - Dez. 2023 Venlafaxine, most of the time 75mg, for about 4 years 37,5mg
Dez 2023 - 03/13/2024 quitting Venlafaxine (too fast, skipping doses)
since 04/07/2024 Venlafaxine 12,5mg

04/17/2024 Venlafaxine 25mg

4/29/24 until 5/4/24: Trimipramine, starting at 5mg going down to zero over 5 days

supplements: 500mg magnesium, 100mg aspirin and melatonin spray all taken before sleep (ca. 10pm)

First they sell an addictive drug as harmless and then they leave you alone dosing fractions of miligrams correctly or plunging into the abyss.

Thank you @Alfred1977 

Appreciate your thoughts and wise reasoning.

It might be worth a try. Unfortunately the damage is already done, but if it may alleviate symptoms and stabilize a bit.

Correct, it was a bad taper and went too fast even before 12.5mg. Dr told me to not go back. Scared and stuck it out even though it was too hard going from 50mg to 25mg in one go. 
Intended to go to 6mg and stay but everything went wrong when I switched to liquid. Then Dr took me off to zero. I should be around 6mg now as you said. 

Yes, I got adverse effects. Also true that half were also WD when I reduced the dose, but did not understand at the time.

Lucky and smart to reinstate after 4 weeks and that it helped you. Wish I had done it. Are you stabilized now on 25mg or do you have WD?

After all, afraid it has gone too far in my case after 7 months when collapsed with no turning back. Reinststement may be difficult with new problems.

But it might be worth a try with 0.5mg. Hopefully adverse effects are little but withdrawal is significantly less. As you say, important not to jump with doses, if I try have to give it some time…

Thanks again 🙏 wishing you continued healing…

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

2 hours ago, Dahlia50 said:

Lucky and smart to reinstate after 4 weeks and that it helped you. Wish I had done it. Are you stabilized now on 25mg or do you have WD?

More lucky than smart...at least I hope I was lucky to reinstate. I am not through yet and I expect more waves to come. But tonight I had the first good night in almost 5 weeks and so I think this is going into the right direction.

There seems to be a lot of people here that are several months off, suffer tremendously and are very hesitant to try a small reinstatement. I know that changing drugs is really scary once you experienced withdrawal. On the other hand it seems reasonable to me to expect that there is at least some chance of success and by moving only very gradually you could control the risks involved. However, I am fairly new to this whole withdrawal field and you might wanna tag some senior members of this community and ask them for their opinion. Maybe if they support and accompany you, you give it a shot and try how 0.5mg works. If it worsens your condition, you can probably quit immediately.

All the best 

4/29/24 until 5/4/24: Trimipramine, starting at 5mg going down to zero over 5 days

supplements: 500mg magnesium, 100mg aspirin and melatonin spray all taken before sleep (ca. 10pm)

First they sell an addictive drug as harmless and then they leave you alone dosing fractions of miligrams correctly or plunging into the abyss.

I have WD. But it feels like a crash.
A metaphor…like going with a cable car down a steep San Francisco hill without brakes. Anyone recognize this who did more or less c/t? 

Both crash and severe WD. Or is it the same thing? A nervous system that goes into a neurological phase. Why do I have difficulty stand up and walking when I could do it before. Can you get dysautonomia from this? Autonomic nervous system dysfunnction. Most people seem to be able to move around although some are bedridden.
This constant electrical chemical current and nervpain in the head neck and spine. Like the power has gone out. Don't feel this as the same WD symptoms I had when tapered. More like a new disabling WD syndrome. Anyone recognize this? Effects on the brain or neuro toxic damage. 

Feels like impossible to heal when it has gone this far and I will never be who I was again.

Love to everyone here 💛

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

Feeling you, seeing you! 😳 💪💪🥰🥰 

Supplements, 

@Emonda @arbor

I have tried to reinstate 0.5mg zoloft.

First day: Ok, but felt a bit drugged with nausea and anxiety. Slept all night.

Second day: nausea, a little wired and more chemical electricity and heavy head. A bit activation. 

Third morning: felt like a reaction, reminded of adverse reaction but it’s a smaller dose. Electrical buzzing head, neck. Very tired evening.

During the 3 days since I reinstated I have felt less akathisia in a way, less crying spells. A bit numb but a little calmer in my body. On the other hand, feels like it worsened WD, concerned about symptoms in the head.
One of the reasons I tried was to see if it helped akathisia and severe WD.

I should give it some time…to see if it can help 7 months off. But not sure I dare to continue.

May have ruined even more but I was really bad before this. If I have a reaction tomorrow, I'll stop then.

I have a question: 0.5mg for 3 days, can I just stop or should I taper off? 

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

• Mentor

I'm glad that you tried this with such a tiny amount @Dahlia50.  That's a good question about tapering off should you decide to stop it.  I'm sure Emonda will have some guidance when he has a chance to respond; I know he works full time.  I don't feel qualified to give you specific advice.  

Thinking of you!

Catina ❤️

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2005-present:  Trazodone 50 mg 

2017:  Effexor XR 37.5 >> 75 mg 

2020 (March):  Began 10% monthly taper of Effexor XR (got down to 12 mg)

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)  |   5/1:  (-21 beads)

Reasons for starting psych meds:  PMDD/Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Other medications:  Levothyroxine 75 mcg

Supplements:  Dr. Berg's Electrolyte Powder on occasion   

@Catina7 Thanks! 
I didn't dare to try more than 0.5mg. Even if it doesn't go well hopefully a little less damage anyway. This is difficult, what is what when you are in acute WD, to balance and endure but if it is a reaction then you want to stop.

Thanks for replying and thinking of me ❤️

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

Hi, not one with a lot of knowledge but you should probably stay with that amount for a few more days, SSR’s take awhile to be effective… hopefully a proper moderator will see your post. 

👍🏼💪💪🙏🙏💗💗

Supplements, 

@Dahlia50 ❤️

you have been in my thoughts. I’ve had some busy life stuff happen in the last week. I think you should hold on the 0.5. Sometimes it can take a month or more for reinstatement to settle things down. It’s difficult because you have started to experience some different unpleasant symptoms that is to be expected. If you just stay on this low-dose it might Improve things,  even just a little moving forward. No doubt the mods will check in with you about this soon.
Some symptoms improving and then new symptoms getting worse seems to be a common pattern in withdrawal. the symptoms morph and change as the brain and body tries to heal. It’s so horrible Dahlia I’m really feeling for you. 🙏🏻❤️

You are so brave 

Just want to say that I am so grateful for you who are here, it warms my heart ❤️

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Dahlia50 said:

I have a question: 0.5mg for 3 days, can I just stop or should I taper off?

From what I have read, it takes 3-4 weeks to become dependent on ADs. So, after three days, you'd think you'd be ok to just stop.

As to if it's the right thing to do, I can't say. Some helpful comments were made above.

Please don't send me PMs. I am not a doctor. My comments are based on my personal experience with ADs and tapering. Consult your doctor about your own medical decisions.

Start of taper: Jan ’22 Vortioxetine 15mg, 

End year 1: 4.5mg, 

End year 2: 2.38mg, 

Year 3: 19 Jan 2.33mg, 26 Jan 2.28mg, 2 Feb 2.24mg, 8 Feb 2.19mg, 29 Feb 2.15mg, 7 Mar 2.10mg, 14 Mar 2.06mg, 21 Mar 1.99mg, 10 Apr 1.95mg, 17 Apr 1.91mg, 24 Apr 1.87mg, 1 May 1.83mg,

Hi @Dahlia50,

I wish you good luck with your reinstatement. I hope you find a little relief in the end. If possible, give it some time and take notes on your symptoms.

🐖🍀 (symbols of luck in Germany) 🙂

@Dahlia50

I'm all snuffled up with a nasty cold which is hardly worth mentioning because its a walk in the park compared to what you are going through. Just wanted to pop in here quickly and say hello and that you are in my thoughts. Have you out for a drive lately for a change of scenery? I hope your symptoms are letting up a little at least. Keep talking to us Dahlia 

Hugs

Jaffa

@Jaffa Appreciate you thought of me 🌻

A week ago went in the car and had an ice cream.

The last 2 days havent done much, too many symptoms unfortunately…

Hope the cold goes away soon.

2008 Zoloft 50mg 

5th day of reinstatement.

Know it can take weeks/months. But today I felt so bad that I think I have to stop this.

Hard to know when you have severe WD but it felt worse/reaction. Weak in legs, anxiety, nausea, stomach ache, sneezing runny nose, burns in the head chemically, speeds up. Hard to explain, feel sick. Like gasoline on a fire. Or I simply dont tolerate the substance. Which seems a little different from others here.
Such a small dose, but maybe the system is too sensitive. Common with start up side effects such as more anxiety but this is reaction-like too.

I so hoped it would work as for some others. But I can't take it if it makes me worse, can I. Even though I'm in WD. First days a bit more focus, less brain fog, activating but also in a restless way, slept heavy. Somewhat more numb which is better than not feeling relaxed but still in an uncomfortable way.

Heard that it takes 4-5 days for substance to reach the brain. If it would help and work - of course it's worth it and I would not hesitate at all.
Don't want to give up, hesitates but my body says - you can't. Very sad about this, have no hope anything can help now. Heard that for a few it can be that if you go off completely, it doesn't work to go back on for some reason. Treatment resistant.

Wish I’d stayed on a small dose like some of you and not gone off. Have to rely on fate and the long road which feels scary. Is there any way out. Afraid this will worsen the WD and akathisia now. Hope the smaller dose doesn't cause to much mess.

/ Dahlia

2008 Zoloft 50mg