Bailey: Acute Paxil Withdrawal Symptoms

1 hour ago, LotusRising said:

I want to be clear that no one is 'failing' withdrawal. We are all on different paths and our coping skills, and even ability to cope, changes with time. I wasn't able to do much in the beginning. I spent a lot of time colouring and just getting by, but as some of the symptoms started to improve just a teensy bit, I began pushing a little here and there to do more things.

I really appreciate you saying this, @LotusRising. It truly helps. 

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 1996-2012  Prozac and Klonipin
  • 2012: physician took me off Prozac rapidly. Severe (unrecognized) withdrawal. Went inpatient and was poly-drugged -- rapid changes of SSRIs, antipsychotics and benzodiazepines. 
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg
  • 2019 Xanax XR .5mg (tapered down to this level since being prescribed in 2012)
  • 2014-2022 Gabapentin (tapered down to zero from 1800mg)
  • May 2023 HRT - estriol, estradiol, testosterone, progesterone. Dec. 8, 2023 - stopped progesterone pill (started having awful reactions); inconsistent with estrogen and testosterone combined cream in confusion of severe withdrawal symptoms. Dec. 14, 2023: Estrogen/testosterone cream: Back on about 1/4 amount I was taking previously of estrogen and testosterone cream (1.5 pumps out of 4 -- full amount seemed to ignite some kind of fire in my hyper sensitive state); did not resume progesterone (b/c of bad reactions after taking in WD)
  • December 2022: Paxil 40 to 30mg (went OK); May 2023: Paxil 30 to 20 mg (went OK); Oct. 14, 2023: Paxil 15mg; Oct. 21, 2023: Paxil 10mg  (done w/ conventionaldoc -- bottom dropped out 3 weeks later)
  • Nov. 9, 2023: tried reinstating to 20mg but reacted very badly (probably kindling)
  • November 18, 2023: 7.5ml (15mg equivalent) *switch to manufacturer's liquid, Novatium* Conventional psych doc switched me to 7.5ml liquid b/c tiny pills were  splitting unevenly - further destabilization by both switching to liquid and changing dose at same time.
  • November 2023 - present: *severe* withdrawal symptoms, akathisia
  • Dec. 6 - manufacturer change on alprazolam er (further destabilization?). Normal mfr very difficult to find now. 
  • Jan 6 2024 - stopped coffee and all forms of caffeine. Eliminated dairy, processed foods, sugar.  Gluten intolerant so no gluten. Low fodmap diet for gut issues, daily leafy greens, a lot of protein to avoid blood sugar spikes after meals and also for akathisia. 
  • Feb 27 2024 - doc had me stop hormone cream. FDA-required formulation had changed and she was worried about my transition to something new. She also said that the estrogen/testosterone hormones are activating.  I had already dropped a good bit in dose early in withdrawal (Dec 14 2023 above) b/c it got lost in the chaos of early withdrawal.  
  • March 2024 - doctor having me try propranolol for akathisia. First as needed starting around Mar 7 and then daily starting around Mar 23. (aka very bad in morning especially)
  • Apr 2 2024 - stopped daily propranolol. Think it was interefering with sleep and causing other side effects. Will use as prn.
  • supplements: magnesium glycinate 150mg - trying to taper up by 25mg each week or so. 

I have tapered too fast off of paxil and no one has replied any advice would love some support if anyone can I will very much appreciate it :)

Previously used sertraline,prozac,citalopram,zopiclone,temazepam,lorazepam,diazepam ive only used benzos a few times over the years never extended use currently using 2mg diazepam a day to try help with acute withdrawal from paxil doesnt help much Paroxetine 40mg 2017

Paroxetine 40mg - 5mg 2023 1 month taper. Hospital 3 times since september  last year 

Back on 20mg since October 2023 was only on 5mg for 3 days then straight back to 20mg doctors advice Been Suicidal,Numb,Harm OCD,Diarrhea,Nausea,Dizzy, Told to go up to 30mg.

@LotusRising and anyone. What kinds coping strategies or activities did you have in the early months? You mentioned coloring. What are other things you did both in the early months and then as time went on? 

When I wrote the other day, I was (and am) obviously overwhelmed and not able to take on the many things my doctor thought I should be doing, supplements I should be taking. She was pretty aggressive about it and impatient. However, I realize my responses in withdrawal are out of proportion compared to how the non-WD me would respond. I'm so very sensitive and easily overwhelmed. Anyway, maybe it would help me to hear how others have managed and how they've been kind to themselves in the process. 

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012: physician took me off Prozac rapidly. Severe (unrecognized) withdrawal. Went inpatient and was poly-drugged -- rapid changes of SSRIs, antipsychotics and benzodiazepines. 
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg
  • 2019 Xanax XR .5mg (tapered down to this level since being prescribed in 2012)
  • May 2023 HRT - estriol, estradiol, testosterone, progesterone. Dec. 8, 2023 - stopped progesterone pill (started having awful reactions); inconsistent with estrogen and testosterone combined cream in confusion of severe withdrawal symptoms. Dec. 14, 2023: Estrogen/testosterone cream: Back on about 1/4 amount I was taking previously of estrogen and testosterone cream (1.5 pumps out of 4 -- full amount seemed to ignite some kind of fire in my hyper sensitive state); did not resume progesterone (b/c of bad reactions after taking in WD)
  • December 2022: Paxil 40 to 30mg (went OK); May 2023: Paxil 30 to 20 mg (went OK); Oct. 14, 2023: Paxil 15mg; Oct. 21, 2023: Paxil 10mg  (done w/ conventionaldoc -- bottom dropped out 3 weeks later)
  • Nov. 9, 2023: tried reinstating to 20mg but reacted very badly (probably kindling)
  • November 18, 2023: 7.5ml (15mg equivalent) *switch to manufacturer's liquid, Novatium* Conventional psych doc switched me to 7.5ml liquid b/c tiny pills were  splitting unevenly - further destabilization by both switching to liquid and changing dose at same time.
  • Dec. 6 - manufacturer change on alprazolam er (further destabilization?). Normal mfr very difficult to find now. 
  • Jan 6 2024 - stopped coffee and all forms of caffeine. Eliminated dairy, processed foods, sugar.  Gluten intolerant so no gluten. Low fodmap diet for gut issues, daily leafy greens, a lot of protein to avoid blood sugar spikes after meals and also for akathisia. 
  • Feb 27 2024 - doc had me stop hormone cream. FDA-required formulation had changed and she was worried about my transition to something new. She also said that the estrogen/testosterone hormones are activating.  I had already dropped a good bit in dose early in withdrawal (Dec 14 2023 above) b/c it got lost in the chaos of early withdrawal.  
  • March 2024 - doctor having me try propranolol for akathisia. First as needed starting around Mar 7 and then daily starting around Mar 23. (aka very bad in morning especially)
  • Apr 2 2024 - stopped daily propranolol. Think it was interefering with sleep and causing other side effects. Will use as prn.
  • supplements: magnesium glycinate 150mg - trying to taper up by 25mg each week or so. 

Living through this is a hell none of us expected. I give myself lots of self love talks, I keep reminding myself this will get better…..take everything slow, much slower than the doctor says! i walk everyday, do yoga (sometimes…too restless to focus) 🤪🤪 I read a lot, it is the one thing that keeps me out of the crazy thought place!  I listen to body healing meditation tapes from YouTube….eat as healthy as I can! 

I have learned from to here to reduce the supplements, it seems to help!  Be kind to yourself in as many ways as you can!!  This is a long journey, no quick fixes! 

follow the tapering advice given here, find a stable level and stay with it for a long time!!  Remember why you are doing this….

share here your thoughts, trials, you are not alone in this!

sending you strength, courage, love to live another day! 😊😊

On Venlafaxine for 30 years, 150mg

2018 first tapered, over 2 months, horrible crashed, reinstated 3 months later

February 2023, tapering again, every 4 weeks reduced by 50%  150mg down to 37:5mg 

June 2023, from 37.5, broke open capsule, started tapering by one bead at a time every 2 weeks 

August, 2023 stopped last bead. 
Nov, 2023, started Saint John Wort, 600mg, 3x a day = 1800mg  -

reduced 1 capsules 300mg on Feb 15, 2024

Supplements, 

magnesium bisglycinate, B complex, multivitamin, Omega 3 complex, Vitamin D3, digestive enzymes

also, use L-Theanine, occasionally natural GABA,  - stopped this in Jan 2024

For H.Pylori- Manuka Honey, 850mgo, Mastica Chios gum, Kefir, & probiotics 

@Kaylaq Thank you. I need to learn how to give myself some of those self-love talks. I also walk every day. It's more to manage the akathisia in the morning. The akathisia makes yoga difficult for me. I'm not yet able to do any reading other than really short things - no books. Hopefully I'll get there soon. Thanks for the advice to take things slowly. The doc I spoke with hasn't been through this and doesn't know what it's like to be in this state and space. 

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

1 hour ago, Kaylaq said:

Living through this is a hell none of us expected. I give myself lots of self love talks, I keep reminding myself this will get better…..take everything slow, much slower than the doctor says! i walk everyday, do yoga (sometimes…too restless to focus) 🤪🤪 I read a lot, it is the one thing that keeps me out of the crazy thought place!  I listen to body healing meditation tapes from YouTube….eat as healthy as I can! 

@Kaylaq Thank you. I need to learn how to give myself some of those self-love talks. I also walk every day. It's more to manage the akathisia in the morning. The akathisia makes yoga difficult for me. I'm not yet able to do any reading other than really short things - no books. Hopefully I'll get there soon. Thanks for the advice to take things slowly. The doc I spoke with hasn't been through this and doesn't know what it's like to be in this state and space. 

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

When my WD are spiking I make smoothies to help give my nutrition absorption a boost. Luckly we have horses and they almost always give me an emotional boost. Just getting out in the fresh air is enough also, even in the cold. All other obligations I had to quit due to severe WD. It's only been 60 days and still WD tho not as strong. Personally I can't really track the improvements, others tell me things I can't yet perceive. And I'm trying to not overly fixate on improving, but rather take it one moment to the next. 

I just bought a workbook for BPD which I don't have but the coping strategies in the workbook seemed to give a roadmap for concrete steps when anxiety really hits hard. The most challenging part of WD, for me, has been the unrecognizable personality reactions I watched myself have.   I was thinking "who are you?" Geez Overall less tears now. You'll get there but each of us have different events that stump the process for a bit. Even if you have one good hour to the next, give yourself credit for having it, next a morning, or early afternoon, it grows as it goes.

2011 Paxil 12.5

2022 Paxil 25

2022 Paxil 12.5mg liquid taper 10% per month

2023 Paxil 5mg taper stopped

2023 Dec. 5mg Prozac for 5 days

2024 Paxil/Prozac stopped

16 hours ago, Bailey said:

@LotusRising and anyone. What kinds coping strategies or activities did you have in the early months? You mentioned coloring. What are other things you did both in the early months and then as time went on? 

When I wrote the other day, I was (and am) obviously overwhelmed and not able to take on the many things my doctor thought I should be doing, supplements I should be taking. She was pretty aggressive about it and impatient. However, I realize my responses in withdrawal are out of proportion compared to how the non-WD me would respond. I'm so very sensitive and easily overwhelmed. Anyway, maybe it would help me to hear how others have managed and how they've been kind to themselves in the process. 

Hi Bailey,

Just thought I would let you know that yesterday I was very depressed about the constant head pain I have had for weeks on end which lasts all day as well as the other horrible WD symptoms. I kept thinking I know this is never going to end, and how can I live like this? HOWEVER today I have had a much improved day (periods of feeling pressure instead of pain) and went out with my husband briefly and bought a colouring book (thanks for the idea) which I began to use. Not for long as like you I cannot focus for too long but I did it… I kept saying to myself “keep remembering this”. I do not know what tomorrow holds but I feel hopeful  now that I will get a repeat of today again. Surely if it happened today it can happen again… Remember this is not our fault, you are not to blame for other peoples lack of understanding. No one can understand how we are feeling except those of us that have been through it. 😘

1998(approx.) 20mg Paroxetine, 1998 -2015  various unsuccessful tapers, 2015 app 6 month taper to 0, 2015 approx 6 months later reinstated  original brand after debilitating neurological delayed WD symptoms. Made worse after surgery.2023 Famotidine, Cetirizine, New Generic, muscle relaxer.  March/April19th June, 2023 - 23rd July, 2023: Paroxetine Dosage reduced from 20mg to 15mg (on 15mg for 35 days), no significant symptoms.

24th July, 2023 - 26th July, 2023: Paroxetine Dosage reduced from 15mg to 12.5mg (on 12.5mg for 3 days), no significant symptoms.

27th July, 2023 - 3rd September, 2023: Paroxetine Dosage reduced from 12.5mg to 10mg (on 10mg for 39 days), no significant symptoms.

4th September, 2023 - 15th September, 2023: Paroxetine Dosage reduced from 10mg to 5mg i.e. 10mg every other day (on 5mg for 12 days), although not noted, must have experienced some symptoms, as I  decided to return to previous 10mg dosage on the 16th September.

16th September, 2023 - 25th November, 2023: Dosage increased from 5mg to 10mg i.e. 10mg every day (on 10mg for 71 days), symptoms start dates: Late September sweating, shaking and right side upper back pain., 5th October 23: Upper back pain worsening,21st Oct 23: Night time symptoms: insomnia, nausea, sweats, headaches, some anxiety (predominantly in the mornings)27th Oct 23 admitted to hospital with 1st hypertensive crisis with severe frontal headache  (now suspected of withdrawal ) BP 225/115.   Admitted twice more with high BP . Doctors at a loss for cause.  Given anti nausea, anti anxiety and sleeping tabs in hospital. . 1st Nov 23: , heart palpitations, some anxiety.. 7th Nov 23: Anxiety was now becoming more frequent (not severe)26th November, 2023 Dosage increased from 10mg to 20mg possibly first time taking 20 mg of Extine, new manufacturer.  3rd Dec 23 - 18th Dec, 23: Started taking 7.5mg - 15mg of Oxazepam when anxiety became unbearable only took 8 in total now stopped. Symptoms now more severe have head pain rather than headache. .Electrical shocks through body overnight accompanied by head pain. Sheer terror,. Sore eyes. 23rd Dec 23: All symptoms remain the same i.e. severe except for the last 2 days where my anxiety levels have not been as severe/ extreme and somewhat manageable (later in the day).22 Jan 24 Have some windows now but still suffering from all day head pain, upper back pain, waking up inner restlessness and terror , nausea, intermittent feelings of fear and wake up 12.30 am every morning  and sometimes up to 3 times a night with weird tingling down arms and back, pounding heart head pain and nausea.  2nd March 24, head pain/eye pain everyday and all day and & night wake ups.. Mild Akathisia early morning,, upper back pain, sweats. Anxiety much better.  21st April 24, drop 2.25% drop to 19.5 mg to test help with head /eye nerve pain and new symptom tinnitus.

On 2/4/2024 at 2:15 PM, Catina7 said:

I can relate to this so much!  When I tapered too fast and experienced a horrible crash with severe internal akathisia I wanted to step in front of a tractor trailer and just end it.  I went to the ER multiple times, many times in the middle of the night, because I was suffering so much. 

@Catina7 When you went to the ER on different occasions, what did they do there?I'm really struggling and thinking of going. 

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

24 minutes ago, Bailey said:

@Catina7 When you went to the ER on different occasions, what did they do there?I'm really struggling and thinking of going. 

They always send me home but I'm uk based so who knows 

Previously used sertraline,prozac,citalopram,zopiclone,temazepam,lorazepam,diazepam ive only used benzos a few times over the years never extended use currently using 2mg diazepam a day to try help with acute withdrawal from paxil doesnt help much Paroxetine 40mg 2017

Paroxetine 40mg - 5mg 2023 1 month taper. Hospital 3 times since september  last year 

Back on 20mg since October 2023 was only on 5mg for 3 days then straight back to 20mg doctors advice Been Suicidal,Numb,Harm OCD,Diarrhea,Nausea,Dizzy, Told to go up to 30mg.

• Mentor
14 hours ago, Bailey said:

They did what they always do in the ER...take your vitals, run tests, and offer drugs.  There is only so much they can do there.  They will also screen for any suicidal ideation, and if they think you are a threat to yourself they will admit you to the psych ward, where they will offer more drugs.  I'm not saying don't go, but that's what you can expect to happen if you do.

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time.  You just need some time for things to work themselves out, which they will eventually.  ❤️  

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2005-present:  Trazodone 50 mg 

2017:  Effexor XR 37.5 >> 75 mg 

2020 (March):  Began 10% monthly taper of Effexor XR (got down to 12 mg)

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)  |   5/1:  (-21 beads)

Reasons for starting psych meds:  PMDD/Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Other medications:  Levothyroxine 75 mcg

Supplements:  Dr. Berg's Electrolyte Powder on occasion   

13 minutes ago, Catina7 said:

They did what they always do in the ER...take your vitals, run tests, and offer drugs.  There is only so much they can do there.  They will also screen for any suicidal ideation, and if they think you are a threat to yourself they will admit you to the psych ward, where they will offer more drugs.  I'm not saying don't go, but that's what you can expect to happen if you do.

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time.  You just need some time for things to work themselves out, which they will eventually.  ❤️  

I am feeling so suicidal. I want to go the ER for help but there's no help there. The psych ward is most likely a fate worse than death. It feels like there's no hope. 

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

• Mentor
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I am feeling so suicidal. I want to go the ER for help but there's no help there. The psych ward is most likely a fate worse than death. It feels like there's no hope.

I'm so sorry.  I know the feeling, believe me.  Actually, my time spent in the psych ward for a week wasn't all that bad to be honest.  They offered me Hydroxyzine, which I didn't take.  They can't force drugs on you but will definitely recommend it because that's all they can do to try and "help."

I suggest you call the National Suicide Hotline if you're in crisis.  800-273-TALK (8255)

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)  |   5/1:  (-21 beads)

I feel you, I’m present in your pain!! This too will pass!! 🥰🥰 can you get into nature for awhile?  I know it’s not an easy thing for guys but a good cry releases the pain…

You’re not alone in this feeling!! 
I send you strength, courage, and love to live another day!! 🙏🙏🥰

February 2023, tapering again, every 4 weeks reduced by 50%  150mg down to 37:5mg 

June 2023, from 37.5, broke open capsule, started tapering by one bead at a time every 2 weeks 

Supplements, 

magnesium bisglycinate, B complex, multivitamin, Omega 3 complex, Vitamin D3, digestive enzymes

3 minutes ago, Kaylaq said:

I feel you, I’m present in your pain!! This too will pass!! 🥰🥰 can you get into nature for awhile?  I know it’s not an easy thing for guys but a good cry releases the pain…

You’re not alone in this feeling!! 
I send you strength, courage, and love to live another day!! 🙏🙏🥰

@Kaylaq thank you. I'm not a guy (Bailey's a confusing name, I know) and I have been sobbing and wailing. I also pounded on a few walls. It's snowing here today but I understand the value of getting out. I usually go for walks in the morning to try and deal with my akathisia, which has been really bad. Thank you for responding and sending good thoughts. 

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

22 minutes ago, Catina7 said:

I'm so sorry.  I know the feeling, believe me.  Actually, my time spent in the psych ward for a week wasn't all that bad to be honest.  They offered me Hydroxyzine, which I didn't take.  They can't force drugs on you but will definitely recommend it because that's all they can do to try and "help."

I suggest you call the National Suicide Hotline if you're in crisis.  800-273-TALK (8255)

@Catina7 thank you. So you stayed in the psych ward without taking anything they wanted to give you? I'm afraid I'd succumb and feel worse. yes, additional meds are the only thing they know to do. Thank you so much for responding. 

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

• Mentor
Just now, Bailey said:

So you stayed in the psych ward without taking anything they wanted to give you?

Yes.  But just keep in mind that if you do end up there, that they will not understand psych drug withdrawal.  If it keeps you safe from harming yourself then maybe it might be a good thing, but that's just the experience I had where I was.  

• Mentor

At least if you're able to stay on the SA site, we're able to understand what you're going through and can offer support.  I highly recommend you watch some YouTube videos of others who have been through the same thing and have gotten better:  Angie Peacock, Chris Paige, Melissa Boutilier, Dan Landauer, and Matt Marin.

So sorry for the gender confusion! 🤪 hang in there, keep posting! You’re not alone, I’ll carry you in my heart today!  

Supplements, 

2 minutes ago, Catina7 said:

At least if you're able to stay on the SA site, we're able to understand what you're going through and can offer support.  I highly recommend you watch some YouTube videos of others who have been through the same thing and have gotten better:  Angie Peacock, Chris Paige, Melissa Boutilier, Dan Landauer, and Matt Marin.

@Catina7 yes, people here on SA understand. I still have trouble watching things. It's overstimulating much of the time. But I'll try to look up the people you mention. Thank you. 

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

• Mentor
17 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I still have trouble watching things. It's overstimulating much of the time.

I'm sorry, I understand.  Does listening have the same effect?  If not, you could just listen. 

It's important for you to realize that you'll eventually get better.  There's a light at the end of the tunnel, just keep moving forward as best as you can and hang in there.  You're going to be okay.  ❤️

• Mentor

If you can just listen to this video where Chris Paige is interviewed, it will definitely give you HOPE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC_retxN3r0

5 minutes ago, Catina7 said:

If you can just listen to this video where Chris Paige is interviewed, it will definitely give you HOPE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC_retxN3r0

Thank you so much.  I'll try listening and see if that works, @Catina7I need hope just to make it through today.

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

• Mentor

Here's another helpful video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RrXMaWr_xI

Hi Bailey,

I've read your thread and I am so sorry you are going through this. I am in a similar position, feeling like this will never end. But I think we will make it! It just takes a lot of time. Sending lots of love and hugs!

November 22th 2023 - stopped norethisterone after 6 years

September 2018 - sertraline 50 mg (not anymore)

Spring 2022 - 4 month sertraline taper

August 2022 - escitalopram 10 mg

December 2022 - escitalopram 20 mg

February 2022 - two week transition to bupropion (not anymore)

March 2022 - escitalopram 5 mg reinstatement, bupropion cold turkey

escitalopram taper: 1/Apr/23 4 mg, 1/May/23 3 mg, 18/May/23 2 mg, 9/Jul/23 1 mg, 13/Aug/23 0.9 mg, 24/Aug/23 0.8 mg, 11/Sep/23 0.72 mg, 9/Oct/23 0.648 mg, 16/Nov/23 0.616 mg, 11/Dec/23 0.6 mg, 20/Apr/24 0.591 mg, 27/Apr/24 0.583 mg

5 minutes ago, Tale said:

Hi Bailey,

I've read your thread and I am so sorry you are going through this. I am in a similar position, feeling like this will never end. But I think we will make it! It just takes a lot of time. Sending lots of love and hugs!

@Tale thank you so much the encouragement and for responding. 

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

Hi Bailey,

I understand how you are feeling but you will get well. The windows are coming… sending hugs.

1998(approx.) 20mg Paroxetine, 1998 -2015  various unsuccessful tapers, 2015 app 6 month taper to 0, 2015 approx 6 months later reinstated  original brand after debilitating neurological delayed WD symptoms. Made worse after surgery.2023 Famotidine, Cetirizine, New Generic, muscle relaxer.  March/April19th June, 2023 - 23rd July, 2023: Paroxetine Dosage reduced from 20mg to 15mg (on 15mg for 35 days), no significant symptoms.

24th July, 2023 - 26th July, 2023: Paroxetine Dosage reduced from 15mg to 12.5mg (on 12.5mg for 3 days), no significant symptoms.

27th July, 2023 - 3rd September, 2023: Paroxetine Dosage reduced from 12.5mg to 10mg (on 10mg for 39 days), no significant symptoms.

4th September, 2023 - 15th September, 2023: Paroxetine Dosage reduced from 10mg to 5mg i.e. 10mg every other day (on 5mg for 12 days), although not noted, must have experienced some symptoms, as I  decided to return to previous 10mg dosage on the 16th September.

16th September, 2023 - 25th November, 2023: Dosage increased from 5mg to 10mg i.e. 10mg every day (on 10mg for 71 days), symptoms start dates: Late September sweating, shaking and right side upper back pain., 5th October 23: Upper back pain worsening,21st Oct 23: Night time symptoms: insomnia, nausea, sweats, headaches, some anxiety (predominantly in the mornings)27th Oct 23 admitted to hospital with 1st hypertensive crisis with severe frontal headache  (now suspected of withdrawal ) BP 225/115.   Admitted twice more with high BP . Doctors at a loss for cause.  Given anti nausea, anti anxiety and sleeping tabs in hospital. . 1st Nov 23: , heart palpitations, some anxiety.. 7th Nov 23: Anxiety was now becoming more frequent (not severe)26th November, 2023 Dosage increased from 10mg to 20mg possibly first time taking 20 mg of Extine, new manufacturer.  3rd Dec 23 - 18th Dec, 23: Started taking 7.5mg - 15mg of Oxazepam when anxiety became unbearable only took 8 in total now stopped. Symptoms now more severe have head pain rather than headache. .Electrical shocks through body overnight accompanied by head pain. Sheer terror,. Sore eyes. 23rd Dec 23: All symptoms remain the same i.e. severe except for the last 2 days where my anxiety levels have not been as severe/ extreme and somewhat manageable (later in the day).22 Jan 24 Have some windows now but still suffering from all day head pain, upper back pain, waking up inner restlessness and terror , nausea, intermittent feelings of fear and wake up 12.30 am every morning  and sometimes up to 3 times a night with weird tingling down arms and back, pounding heart head pain and nausea.  2nd March 24, head pain/eye pain everyday and all day and & night wake ups.. Mild Akathisia early morning,, upper back pain, sweats. Anxiety much better.  21st April 24, drop 2.25% drop to 19.5 mg to test help with head /eye nerve pain and new symptom tinnitus.

• Mentor

Thinking of you @Bailey...how are you doing?  ❤️

39 minutes ago, Catina7 said:

Thinking of you @Bailey...how are you doing?  ❤️

I'm hoping I'll have a better day. I was ready to go to the ER last night again but ended up not. I even slept a little bit more. Still very fragile in my thinking. I've had strong urges to unalive myself the past few days. I know you understand this. Thank you for checking @Catina7

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

16 hours ago, Xcaretuk said:

Hi Bailey,

I understand how you are feeling but you will get well. The windows are coming… sending hugs.

Thank you so much for the encouragement, @Xcaretuk.

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

• Mentor
23 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'm hoping I'll have a better day. I was ready to go to the ER last night again but ended up not. I even slept a little bit more. Still very fragile in my thinking. I've had strong urges to unalive myself the past few days. I know you understand this. Thank you for checking @Catina7

Sleeping a little bit more is a great sign that things have the ability to improve.  I understand those strong urges, but I am SO glad I never acted on them and you will be too.  Don't worry about tomorrow, just concentrate on making today the best day you can and treat yourself with lots of TLC.  

These symptoms and problems are only temporary.  Were you able to listen to any of those YouTube videos or was it too much stimulation for you?  Dr. Josef Witt-Doerring and his wife have treated patients who are exactly like you, and the takeaway from their video is that everyone recovers.  They've seen it themselves all the time.  Don't lose hope!  

11 minutes ago, Catina7 said:

Sleeping a little bit more is a great sign that things have the ability to improve.  I understand those strong urges, but I am SO glad I never acted on them and you will be too.  Don't worry about tomorrow, just concentrate on making today the best day you can and treat yourself with lots of TLC.  

These symptoms and problems are only temporary.  Were you able to listen to any of those YouTube videos or was it too much stimulation for you?  Dr. Josef Witt-Doerring and his wife have treated patients who are exactly like you, and the takeaway from their video is that everyone recovers.  They've seen it themselves all the time.  Don't lose hope!  

I tried but couldn't listen to the video yesterday. Hopefully in coming days that kind of thing will be more accessible to me. I'm glad they feel that everyone recovers. It aways helps to hear that, especially when things are so extreme. I'll also try to stay present today and not worry about the future. Thank you again, @Catina7

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

Hi @Bailey

How are you today? I'm sorry you're still not seeing improvement, but I can't emphasize enough how much better things will be in the future. 

I had a lot of noise sensitivity when I first became destabilized too, but once I was able to tolerate some sound again, I played free binaural beats from youtube. Just kept them on low in the background. I wonder if that would help pass some time, or help with general relaxation? If you decide to try, ensure you search for relaxing frequencies, as some are meant to be more activating. In general, I found them very soothing.

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

Think of you! 🙏🏻😊 sending you strength, courage, and love to live another day! 😻😻🙏🏻

Supplements, 

2 hours ago, LotusRising said:

Hi @Bailey

How are you today? I'm sorry you're still not seeing improvement, but I can't emphasize enough how much better things will be in the future. 

I had a lot of noise sensitivity when I first became destabilized too, but once I was able to tolerate some sound again, I played free binaural beats from youtube. Just kept them on low in the background. I wonder if that would help pass some time, or help with general relaxation? If you decide to try, ensure you search for relaxing frequencies, as some are meant to be more activating. In general, I found them very soothing.

Today is turning out to be a lighter day. I even slept a little more last night. It's not a deep sleep and I wake up a lot in terror but last night I seemed to be able to drift off more times and not be in as much terror. Thank you for continuing to tell me that things will get better. I'm trying to regroup and get ready for the next time. I was in such a state of akathisia the past 2 days and feeling so strongly that I had to leave my body permanently somehow to make it stop. My mind kept searching for ways to make that happen. It's terrible and I'm trying to think of what I can do if (more likely when) that happens in the future. 

I'm going to look in the binaural beats. I wonder if they would also help with sleep, even just a little if I played them before bedtime. Thank you, @LotusRising

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg

1 hour ago, Kaylaq said:

Think of you! 🙏🏻😊 sending you strength, courage, and love to live another day! 😻😻🙏🏻

Thank you so much, @Kaylaq. I really appreciate it. 

• 1996 Effexor XR
  • 2012 Paxil 40mg
  • 2012 Xanax XR 6mg