LotusRising

@MedRN

Was your day better today? I hope so since you haven't posted.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

@Frogie

Yes, it was definitely better compared to yesterday. Didn't sleep well, but that's not new. Tightening is back and is painful, which is frustrating, but not surprising. Trying not to dwell on it though. Weather is milder today where I am and the sun just came out from the clouds, so I made it out for two walks around my block today. Hoping to feel well enough for a backyard fire tomorrow with the kids. It would definitely be good for my soul :) 

Hope you had a nice day too. Thank you for checking in.

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

@MedRN

It sounds like it was a better day by far. But so sorry about the tightening.

Two walks? Fantastic!

I hope the weather hold up for you so you can enjoy a fire. That sounds like fun. Maybe roast some marshmallows?

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

@MedRN

Hope you had a nice fire, and a wonderful Sunday.

I was just checking on you.

@Frogie

Yes, the fire was a success with good weather. It’s unusually warm here right now for the time of year, so I got out for a couple walks around the block today as well. And sat on the back deck in the sun with my big puffy coat on. It was nice to take in the warmth :) 

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

That sounds like an awesome weekend.

I’m glad you were able to enjoy yourself.

@MedRN

Checking in with you really quick?

@Frogie

Still plugging away :) 

Appetite was definitely better today, still not my usual but I’ll take what I can get. Didn’t get up to much as very fatigued and didn’t want to push my body too hard. Had a bit of tightening throughout the afternoon and evening, but I think due to reductions and not reacting to the medication, so that is a good thing. 

All in all, I consider it a good day because I got to eat more than just a smoothie and had a chance to sit down to have a real dinner with my family :) 

@MedRN

Sorry you are still having the tightening, but I really think as you it is your body going through wd.

A sit down dinner with family, I bet that was nice and very special.

That shows me that you are in recovery mode😊

Keep up the great work! Almost there.

@Frogie

Yes, I think you’re absolutely right about the tightening. It’s unfortunate, but it is what it is. I just try to breathe through or distract myself. 

I’m starting to see subtle improvements in my heart rate as well, which is nice. I have periods in the day where it is sometimes normal, so I think this is a good sign and reminds me that things can and will return to normal at some point. 

@MedRN

I think you are improving, and you will just get better and better.

You have a great attitude and spirit. That goes a long way.

@Frogie

Having such a rough day today. I have happily been able to eat small meals for the last few days and then today got hit with massive stomach pain. Just seemed to come out of nowhere. No idea what's happening, almost have a burning sensation in my pelvic area as well, and mild burning/itching to scalp (this is a symptom I'm familiar with). Feeling frustrated and deflated and spent a good chunk of time crying it out. All of this tightening and lack of sleep is really getting to me ... I try not to overthink things, but I do find myself "waiting" for the next symptom to emerge throughout the day.

@MedRN

Sorry you had such a rough day after a couple of good days. But it will get better, it's called waves and windows. You're going to go through a lot of that, unfortunately. 

I'm out for a few days as I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. But wanted to stop by and give you some hope that you will get better.

Take care.

@Frogie

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re feeling so unwell. I wish you a quick recovery. 

I know this windows and waves pattern will continue for a while. It’s just tough to have the bad days, but I can see the good days are starting to happen, so that is reassuring. 

Feel better soon 💕

@MedRN

Just checking in on you?

Hope you are doing better.

@Frogie

I'm doing alright! Yesterday, not the greatest, but today was much better. Just trying to keep pushing through those tough days, but the light at the other end is starting to shine a little brighter :)

How are you doing? I'm hoping your sinus infection/bronchitis is improving?

@MedRN

I'm actually almost human thanks.

I'm glad you feel like you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. That's such a good feeling.

Edited by Frogie

@Frogie

I hope you are continuing to feel better. 

The last couple days have been pretty tough. I am having almost constant symptoms of tightening in different areas, as well as generalized body pains :(  Today I am having constant pain in two areas of my stomach that haven’t responded to Tylenol or ibuprofen, leading me to think it may be nerve pain? I have had it on/off at other times, but thought it was always related to tightening.  It has also never lasted for an entire day that I can recall. I did a quick site search but could not find the answer to my question. Does this sound like nerve pain to you? Do you know if nerve pain tends to come and go and then eventually go away?  

@MedRN

I am feeling better, thank you.

But doesn't sound like you are having such a good time? I'm sure it must be nerve pain for tylenol or ibuprofen not to respond to it. Have you tried a heating pad? Sometimes that helps me. I gave damaged nerves (thus my disability) and I find even rubbing Icy Hot or something like that on it will sometimes help.

When is the last time you made a cut? How did it go? Do you think another one might relieve some of the symptoms? Does it feel like it could be the Vagas nerve?

I'm pulling for you. You are so close now! 

@Frogie

I suppose it could also be that I’m not taking a high enough dose yet of painkillers, but feel like I should have gotten at least a little relief. 

I’m dropping two doses/day almost every day. Currently at .108mg :), but my body is definitely fighting it. I wondered about just dropping one dose tomorrow. Maybe it will give my body a small break. I suppose it’s also possible that I may have a completely different symptom tomorrow. 

Not sure if vagus nerve related or not - I guess there’s a lot of nerves that come off of it, so it’s possible. My appetite/digestion system seems to be improving. My heart rate is also sometimes normal so I know that’s all related. This pain is just relentless today, though I have found it goes away if I’m walking. If only I could walk in my sleep 🤔 

@MedRN

Maybe try a one drop tonight and see if that helps.

You can take a full dose of tylenol if needed. You can also switch between tylenol and ibuprofen. See if that might help.

I know what you mean about the heart rate. I was stupid and felt better yesterday and ate sugar. My heart about beat out of my chest. Not doing that again.

I can walk for you at night since I only sleep about 4 hours lol... But it will get better someday. At least you are able to get out and walk when the weather permits. That's a good sign.😊

@MedRN

I was just checking in with you.

Hope no news is good news?

@Frogie

I’m doing ok. Feeling a little sorry for myself the last couple days, which obviously doesn’t help me. It’s been gray and cloudy here so I think that adds a bit to the low mood. 

Terrible itching last night and my abdominal pain is back this morning. I really look forward to a day without symptoms :)  

I’m grateful that my appetite and digestion seems to be continually improving. Just wish my heart rate would normalize a little quicker so I could walk outside at a normal

pace. I just try to keep reminding myself that everything is gradually healing and I will get better, but I’m really longing to have my normal self back …

@MedRN

It's ok to feel sorry for yourself once in a while. I think that's only human.

It snowed where I live. Only about 4" and now the sun is shining.  I'm not going anywhere. I'm babysitting my granddaughter's dog this weekend, so mine and her's will keep me busy.

You will have no symptoms hopefully soon. Have you tried putting lotion or tea tree oil on? That would being me relief sometimes.

That's wonderful your appetite has picked up. Your heart rate will go down eventually. Mine has been up since Christmas and just went down the last couple of days. You will get there.

Hopefully you'll have a better day today😊

@Frogie

I try not to dwell for too long and got out today anyway for a quick shop, which helps me to feel a little more normal. We’re supposed to get cold here again, so I’ll definitely make it out for a walk as well. 

I had just put lotion on, but I will try the tea tree oil. I think it must be a nerve thing, it was little itches that kept springing up all over. It was weird. 

I do hope the symptoms will dissipate and I’m hoping they don’t happen daily right up until the end, but I try not to think too hard about it, as what happens, will happen. 

Really enjoying eating again :) It’s normally such an automatic thing that you don’t really think about it, until your body doesn’t want it. So it’s good - I’m hoping my body will start to fill out again lol

How is the training going with your dog? Two dogs at once is a lot!

@MedRN

That's fantastic that you were able to go shopping and hopefully a walk. That means some sort of normalcy in your life. 

Tea tree oil helped me a lot and the First Aid Healing cream (I think that's what it's called). And I still use it.

The food is awesome. Eat whatever tastes good at the time. And protein. But that makes me happy that you can eat!

Training my puppy was going well. Until I forgot to keep it going. Now I have to teach her again. But my granddaughter's dog is here until Monday or Tuesday, so I'm sure she will forget everything by then. But I'll get back on track😊

Hi @MedRN - another Canadian momma going through this as well. Hang in there!! I’m inspired by your story and that your starting to feel better. Feel free to PM if you ever wanna chat :) 

Aug-Oct 2018 - 22 doses of Ativan (0.25 mg) stopped CT .Nov 2018 - Zoplicone 7.5 mg (stopped CT Dec 18) .Dec 2018 - 5mg Valium (tapered to 0.25 mg felt good so stayed on this dose for a long time) .Dec 2021 - Pregabalin one week CT .Jan 2022- Mirtazapine 3.75 mg, 2 weeks then 2 week taper. Updose Valium to 15 mg .June 2022 - 10mg Valium, currently tapering 

March 2022-Dec 2023 - Tapered 13mg over 19 months down to 1.5 mg. Nov 2023 made error with liquid and solid dose. Updosed by 60% by accident. 

Dec 2023 - 1.5 mg Valium 

Feb 2023- 4mg Valium, 400mg  Gabapentin. 1.5 mg Mirtazapine

(discontinued after short taper) 

@Frogie

It looks like I made some comments on someone else’s thread. Is there a way to move them to mine? Thought I was posting in mine, but I guess I wasn’t …

Hi @MedRN I saw the posts in Slowphie's page and moved them to Comfyquilt and @Frogies page. Hope that's ok too.

These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I have learned, not medical advice.

Drug history

2002-2019 Citalopram/Escitalopram, Lamictal
2019 April Escitalopram, quit at 10mg (withdrawal), Oct Escitalopram 10mg reinstated, quit after a few days (adverse reaction)

2019 Oct Lamictal cut from 200mg to 100mg
2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

2020 Aug-Nov Lamictal tapered to 50 mg

2020 Nov 24 Lithium taper started, 30 Jan off Lithium

2021 15. March-31. May Lamictal tapered to 32.5 mg (holding)

2022 10. Jan started taking 25mg+5mg+2mg+0.5 liquid, 22. Jan went back to taking 25mg+5mg+half 5mg

@Kiasofia

Thanks!!

@MedRN

I copied this over here so I could answer you.

I don't see a problem at all moving the 0400 dose forward to 0430 or 0500 if you feel that would help with the symptoms.

Hopefully you will sleep a little longer then.

Let me know how you do😊

@Frogie

Hope all is well with two dogs on board!

I have a question about my med times - I am noticing that I do not tend to have symptoms overnight, but I am struggling a bit to make it from my 0400 to my 1000 dose. I’m wondering if it makes sense to move the 0400 dose forward to 0430 or 0500. My sleep is still awful - I wake consistently at 0040, 0200 and then 0400 when my alarm goes off. But I seem to be sleeping when that 0400 alarm goes, so wondering if I move it forward if I might end up sleeping a bit longer. 

Would making this change be too much for my cns? And if it makes things worse, can I just move it back again?

I am currently dropping two doses per day and current medication times are 0400/1000/1600/2200. 

Thanks so much @Kiasofia!

@Frogie

Ok, I didn’t think it would cause too much harm, but thought it worth running it by you. 

thanks, I’ll let you know how it works out. 

@MedRN

That sounds good.

Keep me posted.

BTW: I think it's great you met comfyquilt. Hopefully you can give each other encouragement!

@MedRN

Just wanted to check in on you before I go to bed.

Hope you had a great Sunday.

@Frogie

Wish I had better news to report. I have had ear pain and pressure, as well as full body pain on and off most of the weekend. I’ve been pretty mopey and sad. But, despite our cold and miserable weather, I did still get myself out for a walk. Crossing my fingers tomorrow is better. 

Hope you’re surviving the dog-sitting :)