Littlegrandma

On 1/6/2018 at 10:00 AM, Littlegrandma said:

It is day 7 of my taper of lexapro from 5 mg to 4.8. That’s only 4%. The symptoms I am experiencing are

extreme anxiety 

dont know who or where I am

trembling

akathasia

wobbly legs, difficult to walk

painful burning thighs

pressure in head, shaky

nausea

headache

fatigue

breathing labored 

pressure in left ear

sore throat

sore glands

tinnitus 

pressure in eyes , blurry vision

pins  and needles

itching

depression

crying 

fear

after the first few days of my taper, the anxiety lessened and I had extreme fatigue. But anxiety has ramped up. I hoped I would feel better getting the toxins out of my system. 

If if I feel this bad with such a small cut, why would I not just go faster and get it over with? 

In 7 months, all of my symptoms remain. I not only get the psych, but the physical. The dp/ dr never lets up. It’s very disturbing. Terrifying. I have had few days of small windows, but never good. Never where alll symptoms let up. Never had a day of feeling normal. The dp/ dr always remains. 

Its hard to remain positive. I see no end to this hell.      Lg

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Littlegrandma

• Scorpio

• Frogie

• Downbutnotout

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds really hard. And you took the time to respond to me. Hope you’re doing better by today. 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

Thanks D

its a rough day. 

But I hope today finds you feeling better! You ok?    Lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

LG:

I'm really sorry you are going through all of this. Unfortunately, I don't know about tapering except mine.

I have had a headache for a couple of weeks, nothing bad. I thought it was because of the benzo mistake. Or my glasses. Last night I broke down and took 2 Fiorecets. This morning took Excedrine migraine on an empty stomach. Now I'm nauseous and running to the bathroom. I hope it goes away soon.

Now I'm complaining on your thread. I'm so sorry.

I hope you feel better soon.

Stay warm. We are supposed to have a chance of snow Wednesday! They keep dropping the percentage though, so I hope so.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Thanks Frogie

the headaches are miserable. Hope it’s something as easy as your glasses prescription. My husband thinks being on my phone is causing eye and headache problems. But no, I wake with them. 

Glad your our trip went well and you got to see your granddaughter. Time will fly and you’ll be back living near her again.  xx Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

6 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Thanks D

its a rough day. 

But I hope today finds you feeling better! You ok?    Lg

Yb

6 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

I really hope your physical symptoms lessen. . It does sound like you’re functioning as best you can. When did you get the ak? I am the same.  My son is here so I’m trying to put up a front. Im forcing myself out of the house. Something I never had to do before.

18 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Thanks Frogie

the headaches are miserable. Hope it’s something as easy as your glasses prescription. My husband thinks being on my phone is causing eye and headache problems. But no, I wake with them. 

Glad your our trip went well and you got to see your granddaughter. Time will fly and you’ll be back living near her again.  xx Lg

My fiancé thinks it might be a combination of stress, and glasses.

Who knows, but headaches are awful.

I hope some of your symptoms are lessening.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

17 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

I really hope your physical symptoms lessen. . It does sound like you’re functioning as best you can. When did you get the ak? I am the same.  My son is here so I’m trying to put up a front. Im forcing myself out of the house. Something I never had to do before.

I had the aka on and off but it was constant from June til beginning of sept. Now it has ramped up with my small taper. Well, apparently there are no small tapers. 

I hope you have have a good time with your son. Hopefully it’ll be good for you to get out of the house. Some days it’s hard to put up a front. I can understand you wanting to protect him from your misery. Try to have fun!    Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

thanks! I hope you feel better soon! 

Hi Lg.

I live in Green Bay-not far from Lambeau Field, and yes, I am a Packer fan😊.  My brother lives in Milwaukee, so we get down there to visit about once a year.  

Unfortunately,  I have not felt any better updosing to 7.5.  I do feel good during the day, but night time has been hellish.  I am up all night with high anxiety and can’t sleep.  I feel exhausted today, but am somehow making it through the work day. Right now when I feel pretty good I feel like maybe tonight will be better, but I start to get anxious as night time arrives.  I just can’t keep going through these awful, anxiety-filled nights!  

How long have you been at your current dose?  I hadn’t been on my lower dose long before I went back up, so thought I’d feel better by now, but seem to be going in the wrong direction.  Maybe you could still try a tiny increase and see if that helps?  I know it is so hard to know what to do since there is so much uncertainty of how even the tiniest changes in dosage will affect us.  I think more often than not it is better to just hold and give our systems time to stabilize, but that is soooo hard when we are struggling.  I truly hope you get relief soon and will continue to follow your thread.

Zoloft 50 mg Fall 2003-October 2016

I went up to 150 mg for several months during the winter of 2016 after going through a tough time trying to stabilize.

Lexapro 5 mg and then 10 mg October 2016-December 2016

Paxil December 2016 to present.  Started at 10 mg went up to 20 mg for three weeks and started reducing by 5mg every 2 weeks per doctors orders.  Got down to 7.5 mg and ran into trouble, found this website and updosed to 10 mg.

9mg paroxetine June 18-6.5 mg in am 2.5 mg pm.  

July 20 began switch to Citalopram-9 mg Paxil and 5 mg citalopram

July 24-7.5mg paroxetine and 7.5mg Citalopram 

July 27-5mg paroxetine and 10 citalopram 

July 30-2.5 paroxetine and 10 of Citalopram 

August 2-2mg paroxetine and 10mg Citalopram, dropped paroxetine Aug. 3

August 8 increased to 15 mg citalopram

Take 1mg lorazepam as needed and 3mg melatonin at night.

It’s nice you get relief during the day. I used to dread the night because I knew I wouldn’t sleep. Now I dread it knowing I’m going to wake at 2 or 3 with a lunesta, Ativan hangover and the worse anxiety. 

Its only been 9 days since my cut from 5 to 4.8. Maybe it’s just typical wd and things will settle down in a few days  to my usually crappy wd feeling. 

Yes. I’d like to stay in touch. Please drop in any time. I’d like to say if you need anything, just ask. But I’m afraid I have no answers. But if you want to vent, I’m here.   Lg

i hope you get a peaceful sleep tonight. 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Thank you Lg.  It really is just nice to have someone to vent to that understands this. 9 days isn’t very long-although it feels like a lifetime when you aren’t feeling well.  I’m sure things will begin to settle soon for you.  Hopefully to better than your usual crappy wd  feeling, and you’ll be doing better than you imagined😊

Zoloft 50 mg Fall 2003-October 2016

I went up to 150 mg for several months during the winter of 2016 after going through a tough time trying to stabilize.

Lexapro 5 mg and then 10 mg October 2016-December 2016

Paxil December 2016 to present.  Started at 10 mg went up to 20 mg for three weeks and started reducing by 5mg every 2 weeks per doctors orders.  Got down to 7.5 mg and ran into trouble, found this website and updosed to 10 mg.

9mg paroxetine June 18-6.5 mg in am 2.5 mg pm.  

July 20 began switch to Citalopram-9 mg Paxil and 5 mg citalopram

July 24-7.5mg paroxetine and 7.5mg Citalopram 

July 27-5mg paroxetine and 10 citalopram 

July 30-2.5 paroxetine and 10 of Citalopram 

August 2-2mg paroxetine and 10mg Citalopram, dropped paroxetine Aug. 3

August 8 increased to 15 mg citalopram

Take 1mg lorazepam as needed and 3mg melatonin at night.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hi Hazel

no. No windows. Just some better days where some of the symptoms were less. I have every symptom I’ve seen on this forum. Except ED. Ha

did you feel better right away after you updosed back to 7.5? I did read your whole thread but have such brain fog. I’m stuck between updosing and waiting it out. I just want off this stuff so bad. I’m glad you’re avoiding the Ativan. I will still have that to taper. 

What part of wisc do you live in?

i have relatives near Milwaukee and also Green Bay. I love the lakefront in Milwaukee. So much quieter than Chicago. But I especially love the tiny towns and the taverns!!  People are so warm and friendly. And lambeau on game day. My husband is a lifelong packer fan.  xx

Believe it or not, those days when symptoms are less indicate you're stabilizing.

I know it seems incredible, Littlegrandma, but you started your Intro topic just 5 months ago. You are having progress already.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 minute ago, Altostrata said:

Believe it or not, those days when symptoms are less indicate you're stabilizing.

I know it seems incredible, Littlegrandma, but you started your Intro topic just 5 months ago. You are having progress already.

Thanks Alto

that makes me feel better. It seems like forever,  but yes, I did have better days. And today I worked through some of the worse symptoms I’ve had and was better for it. 

Thanks. I needed that. 

Hope you’re well.  You made my day popping in!!    Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Hi LG:

Just wanted to stop by and say hi.

Hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Good morning Frogie 

Not too bad today. Little anxiety. Can’t complain, all things considered. 

How are you? I hope your headache has let up a bit. No more excederine for you. Most pain medication causes gut pain for me, but if headaches are intolerable, I take 1 Tylenol and 1 Advil together. I take as little as possible. Eating a good Greek yogurt or 2 everyday helps with the stomach pain, a lot. 

Have you started your smoothie routine yet?  A blender works but I love my ninja. It’s an easy first thing in the morning routine to get into. I’ve been doing it for years. Then I have something in my tummy when I take my supplements. And if I have a day of no appetite, I can always suck a smoothie down. Sometimes for lunch and dinner. Just switch up the fruits and veggies. 

Were finally easing out of the deep freeze. Suppose to be in the 50’s by thurs but rain. I know you’d prefer the snow, but I’m looking forward to thawing out and warming up. 

Hope youre having a  good start to your day.      xx Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

1 hour ago, Littlegrandma said:

Good morning Frogie 

Not too bad today. Little anxiety. Can’t complain, all things considered. 

How are you? I hope your headache has let up a bit. No more excederine for you. Most pain medication causes gut pain for me, but if headaches are intolerable, I take 1 Tylenol and 1 Advil together. I take as little as possible. Eating a good Greek yogurt or 2 everyday helps with the stomach pain, a lot. 

Have you started your smoothie routine yet?  A blender works but I love my ninja. It’s an easy first thing in the morning routine to get into. I’ve been doing it for years. Then I have something in my tummy when I take my supplements. And if I have a day of no appetite, I can always suck a smoothie down. Sometimes for lunch and dinner. Just switch up the fruits and veggies. 

Were finally easing out of the deep freeze. Suppose to be in the 50’s by thurs but rain. I know you’d prefer the snow, but I’m looking forward to thawing out and warming up. 

Hope youre having a  good start to your day.      xx Lg

Hi LG:

Good to hear you are feeling better today.

It was wonderful to finally see my granddaughter only had about 45 minutes with her but she loved her Christmas presents and gave me lots of loves. I love and miss that so much.

I gave in and went to the chiropractor yesterday. The headaches have let up a little. But I'll be so glad to go the the optometrist. Hopefully in the next week or so.

I haven't started my smoothies yet. I haven't felt like going to the store, but will probably go shopping over the weekend.

Its supposed to snow here tomorrow! Only an inch or so, then again possibly sat and mon, just a little but at least it's snow. I'm glad you are warming up, I know you have had the cold bad.

Today I have akasthisia in my knees again, driving me crazy! I just want to dig my knees off my body.

Well, going to get off of here. I'm wondering if the iPad is contributing to my headaches?

Talk later.

(((HUGS)))

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi LG:

Just wondered how you are today?

Do you have headaches everyday? The reason I ask, I've had one for at least 2-3 weeks as you know.

I went to the chiropractor and it helped for a couple of days but it's back now.

I'm trying to stay off my iPad as much as possible, thinking maybe it's that?

I also think it has to do with my glasses. They aren't right. I'll be so glad to get new ones.

Hope you are feeling better.

Have a good day.

Take care,

Frogie xx 

Hey Lg,

Just wanted to say hello and see how the world of withdrawal is treating you.  I saw on one of your posts that you wake up at 2 or 3 am.  What is it about that hour?  It can be like the proverbial clockwork.  Do your symptoms come and get you about that hour too?  I seem to get this really weird dizzy, swoony feeling.  If I'm lucky, it goes away and I can manage to try and return to some sort of sleep wake state until I have to unearth myself from bed and get up and go to work.

This a.m. I got confused and took my RX at 4am. as I thought it was later.  Immediately, the demons of withdrawal came marching in.  I am always curious about others and their time frames.  Forgive me if this is all in your thread.  I read and read and forget and forget.  I know I am not making something up, but do often forget who it belongs to.

Hope that 4% reduction is being kinder this day,

take care,

JS11

26 years of Anti-depressants (probably 32, lost track, alone and/in combination Vyvanse 30mg Discontinued Feb. 22, 2013 Topamax  25-75mg Feb 23, 2013--Feb 2016 0.0 mg Discontinued  Lamotrigine 25-50mg Jan 15, 2016-Adverse Reaction Discontinued Feb 2, 2016 T3 25-50mcg Feb.11, 2016  Discontinued April 23, 2016

Escitalopram 20mg-omg fast taper Nov. 2015-Jan.7, 2016 Crash! Reinstated 20mg  Taper Jan 14, 2016  0.0mg Sept 2016 Reinstated Feb.21, 2017 Escitalopram  5mg Dosage Adjustments  Escitalopram to 2.5mg June 28-30; Increased to 3.75mg July 1-28, 2017    July 29-Aug 4 10mg, alternated between 5 and 10mg next couple days.  Aug 9, 7.25mg;  Aug 10-14 10mg; Aug 15-25 7.25mg, August 25-29, 10mg.   

Levofloxacin (January 2017 2 doses) (Adverse Reaction: Neurotoxcity; 3 daysE.R.$30k+tests)

Adderall 25mgXR (start April 23, 2013) (Nov.2016 20mg) (Dec.2016 15mg) (Feb. 5, 2016 10mg) (June 15, 2017) 5mg XR 

Crossover July 7 to Adderall I.M 5mg Discontinued  Reinstated Adderall 5mgXR  July 28th 

Minipress 1mg began July 20-23, 2mg July 24 last dose Discontinued  (Prescribed to assist with side-effects of updose of Escitalopram) WellbutrinXR 150 mg July 24, 2017 Discontinued;  Hydroxyline 25-200 mg daily, began July 20, Discontnued; (Prescribed for side-effects-sensitized; W/D)Gababentin 100mg August 28, 8/29: 00mg, 8/30/17 100mg discontinued (Prescribed for side-effects of sensitized, W//D)Zolipidem PRN (2.5mg.) Reinstated May 15, 2017 after18m+ discontinuation Between May and  Aug18-Aug 30, 2017 Discontinued

Aug. 30. 2017 Escitalopram 8.2mg, Sept. 6 Ecitalopram (7.25 tablet) September 28 Escitalopram   (7 mg tablet)   Omega 3's , October 1 Escitalopram (6.25...I think)  November 1, Escitalopram (approx. 5.75mg) December 1 (5mg)  Missed .75 for few days, lowered dose.  W/D ramped up Dec.23;  Escitalopram 4mg tab. .75ml liquid March 5.  Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg  March 23 Escitalopram 4mg tab .50ml liquid.April 23 Escotalopram 4mgtab .25ml liquid Escitalopram dropping .25 every 30 days; July 23, 2018 Escitalopram 3.50mg, Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg 

July 2021:  Took last dose of Escitalopram .02mg.  Do dah!

Current:   Synthroid/Generic 100mcg decreased November, 2018  (TSH has changed 5 times since August 30, 2018 resulting in both Hyper and hypothyroid symptoms.)  November 1, 2018, increased Adderall XR to 10mg to combat brain fog after decrease in Synthroid.

Thanks JS

haha. I read and read and forget and forget too. It’s easier to ask than to read someone’s thread for the 10th  time. 

Ugh   2 am has been my waking time since cutting 11 days ago. It’s been pretty ugly. My symptoms are so bad then. The anxiety rocks me out of bed. I pace for awhile. Up and down the stairs. My legs are wobbly like a new foal. My normal wd wake time is around 3 to  4. Hope I can at least get back to that in the next week.  I don’t fall back to sleep once I wake. 

You get symptoms immediately following dosing?  I take mine along with Ativan so I guess I wouldn’t notice it. But come to think of it now, I don’t get any relief til my 2nd Ativan at 2pm. Hmmm.        So you wake feeling swooney and then worse after dosing?  I’m just thinking out loud.  Come to think of it I get nauseous and headachy after my RX.  I have it all written down but never refer back to it. I’m just sick and tired of it all!!

what time do you have to start work? I’m worthless in the morning. So glad I don’t get the grandkids til 11 or 12. By 8 when they leave, I’m glad then too. Ha

speaking of , dads here. 

Hope tonight finds you well and you have a good day tomorrow.  Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

2 wks tomorrow since my taper of lex 5 mg to 4.8. Woke at 2:45 w/ terror. Physical and emotional torture. 

Vomit in back of throat

headache

trembling brain and body

body aches

pins and needles

high anxiety 

bp 172/99

hr 100

Depression

fear

crying

tinnitus

dp/dr

ruminating thoughts

burning thighs 

pain in liver area

head feels like it’s going to blow

Don’t have any fight left in me. 

So very scared

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

2 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

2 wks tomorrow since my taper of lex 5 mg to 4.8. Woke at 2:45 w/ terror. Physical and emotional torture. 

Vomit in back of throat

headache

trembling brain and body

body aches

pins and needles

high anxiety 

bp 172/99

hr 100

Depression

fear

crying

tinnitus

dp/dr

ruminating thoughts

burning thighs 

pain in liver area

So very scared

I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. Maybe you should taper up a little. I'm not a mod or dr so don't take my advise, ask a professional.

I hope at least some of your symptoms go away soon.

Take care,

Frogie xx

2 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

Vomit in back of throat

headache

trembling brain and body

body aches

pins and needles

high anxiety 

bp 172/99

hr 100

Depression

fear

crying

tinnitus

dp/dr

ruminating thoughts

burning thighs 

pain in liver area

So very scared

I hope you’re feeling a little better by now. I can’t believe you answered me when you were feeling so bad yourself! 

Thanks D and Frogie

hope you guys are doing ok

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

I am so very sorry you are dealing with such horrible symptoms.  I really hope as the day progresses you see some relief.  I'll be thinking about you.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg; 4/27/24: 1.06 mg; 5/4/24: 1.04 mg; 5/11/24: 1.01 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Littlegrandma,

Hugs.  And......you.......are.......a........warrior!  Even warriors take a day, a rest........find peace within.  Oh my,  the Lexapro...........and ugh.........here is another.........UGH!!!!  Sending all the best that your 2 week mark after the recent decrease will prove to provide some relief.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

19 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Thanks D and Frogie

hope you guys are doing ok

Feel better!!!

Thanks WR and MMT

i fell apart today. Sorry for blubbering. I feel alone and scared. 

Glad you’re all here for me. Searching for a tad more inner strength to get through til a window opens.   xx Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

1 minute ago, Downbutnotout said:

Feel better!!!

Thanks D

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

so sorry you're suffering like this.

I've been waking at night too lately w/ some awful internal restlessness,etc....don't think it's as bad as what you're suffering but sometimes I'll get relief from taking a magnesium tablet.maybe you could try it.

hang in there.

ds   xxx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

48 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Thanks WR and MMT

i fell apart today. Sorry for blubbering. I feel alone and scared. 

Glad you’re all here for me. Searching for a tad more inner strength to get through til a window opens.   xx Lg

I'm sure you did fall apart. With all those symptoms, you have every right. 

Have a good cry. I do a lot.

I hope you feel better soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi lg

only just turned my computer on due to frantic day but didn’t want to see this, you poor thing,  I’m so sorry you are having such a hard time. I’m sure a moderator will be along soon to give you some advice. Will pm you .

hope the symptoms have eased for you during the day my friend. 

Hugs

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

Hi LG:

I hope at least some of your symptoms have subsided.

I know how you feel. :(

Wishing you well.

Take care,

Frogie xx