Carmie: accidently doubling up on Seroquel one day while tapering

Carmie

Hi Carmie

I hope your brain fog is a bit better today and that you got some sleep.  Even with your health struggles you are still drawing people around you both on this site and in real life.  I admire that a lot.  I am going to start to attempt 'Atomic Habits' again and do one of the small challenges after reading that the previous habits you introduced 'are ingrained' in you now.  I admire the way you have introduced these habits - they sound so easy but I find it hard to stick to them.  That takes discipline so kudos to you.

Oaktree1

Currently tapering Mirtazapine; previously tapered Cymbalta 30mg from June 2018-Feb 2019 and Seroquel 150mg to zero from Oct-December 2020.

Supplements for Hashimoto's disease and histamine issues relating to Mirtazapine:   Vitamin D3 1,000mcg, bio-identical HRT, Selenium, Quercetin, Lutein, Zinc, Vitamin C, Omega 3.

Mirtazapine Taper: 2021 16th Aug -  transitioned to liquid from tablet by dissolving two 15mg tablets into a solution of 15 ml water and 15 ml maple syrup on a starting dose of what I thought was 7.5ml; 17 Sept  - 7.31; 24 Sept  - 7.13; 15 Oct  - 6.95; 6 Nov  - 6.78; 21 Nov  - 6.61; 5 Dec  - 6.51;

2022 - 1 Jan 6.41; 1 Feb  - 6.1; 9 Mar -  5.8; 13 Mar - 5.9; 7 Apr - 5.8; 21 Apr - 5.7; 7 May - 5.63; 23 May - 5.55; 8 June 5.50;  (got COVID on 12th June so held); 1 July 5.4; 15 July 5.32; 8 Aug 5.2; 15 Aug 5.1; 22 Aug 5; 19 Sept 4.9; 2 Oct 4.81; 13 Oct 4.71; (COVID Booster 17/10/22 so longer hold ); 1 Nov 4.65; 3 Nov 4.60; 10 Nov 4.55; 13 Nov 4.50; 17 Nov 4.45; 20 Nov 4.40;  2 Dec 4.30mg; 9 Dec 4.20mg; I discovered that the volumetric container measured 33ml rather than 30ml in Dec 2022. Following helpful advice from moderator OnMyWay (see her  reply of the 5th March) discovered taper with the dilution was 3.8mg (calculated by dividing 30/33 so that every 1ml of solution has  0.90ml of Mirtazapine.  7.50 - 0.90= 6.6ml which was the starting dose on 16th Aug 2021 not 7.5ml).  I decided to keep using the solution as I didn't want more change to deal with than I had to.

2023 17 Mar 4.1(3.7); 26 Mar 4.0(3.6); 14 Apr 3.9(3.51)28 Apr 3.8(3.42); 6 Jun 3.7(3.33); 19 Jun 3.6(3.24); 30 Jun 3.5(3.1); 19 Jul 3.4(3.06); 27 Jul 3.35 (3.01); 29 Jul 3.3 (2.97); 4 Aug 3.25 (2.92); 7 Aug 3.2 (2.88); 21 Aug 3.1 (2.79); 14.09 3 (2.7); 29th Sept 2.9(2.61); 15 Oct 2.8(2.52); 30 Oct 10 2.7(2.43); 13 Nov 2.65(2.38); 20 Nov 2.6(2.34); 26 Nov 2.55(2.29); 10 Dec 2.5(2.25); 

2024 - 14 Jan 2.45(2.20); 22 Jan 2.40(2.16); 29 Jan 2.35(2.11); 2 Feb 2.3 (2.07);15 Feb 2.25(2.02); 22 Feb 2.21 (1.98); 29 Feb 2.17(1.95); 7 Mar 2.13(1.91); 21 Mar 2.05 (1.84); 31 Mar 2.01 (1.80); 14 Apr 1.90 (1.71); 29 Apr 1.80 (1.62);

This is not 'medical advice' - my 'non medical advice' is don't get any more 'medical advice' or you may end up getting more 'medical treatment' i.e more drugs, DSM labels and/or ECT.   Please do not PM me thanks.

• Moderator Emeritus
4 minutes ago, Oaktree1 said:

Hi Carmie

I hope your brain fog is a bit better today and that you got some sleep.  Even with your health struggles you are still drawing people around you both on this site and in real life.  I admire that a lot.  I am going to start to attempt 'Atomic Habits' again and do one of the small challenges after reading that the previous habits you introduced 'are ingrained' in you now.  I admire the way you have introduced these habits - they sound so easy but I find it hard to stick to them.  That takes discipline so kudos to you.

Oaktree1

Thanks for your kind words dear Oaktree, 

I slept better last night. I usually fall alsleep not too badly, except when I can’t switch my brain off because I’ve got too much on my mind or if my breathing and/or waves are severe. I think the low dose of Seroquel is probably helping a bit with the sleeping, I wonder if I’ll eventually get rebound insomnia as I continue to lower it and come off it. Who know? One can only live in the present. No need to worry about that now. I do wake up really early in the morning though. 

Good on you for having another read of Atomic Habits, I love that book, it’s helped me so much. Just start with small habits and make sure the environment around you is conducive to sticking to the habit. Willpower doesn’t work if your environment is working against you. 

Time for a gratitude list now: 

1. I got my endocrinologist appointment over and done with yesterday. Yay! My parathyroid hormones are still good, so I won’t have to go back to him. They were high when I first went to see him, but the calcitriol helped, and I’m all good now. 

2. A dear friend took me for that appointment, the same friend took me to the two appointments before then as well. She said next time we get together we are going to the beach, which is my happy place. I haven’t really gone out with friends, except for medical and health appointments, which they’ve been kind enough to take me too. Because of my lungs I have to be very careful. I do go out with my husband and his carer though. My friends usually catch up with me in the park around the corner from my place or via Zoom/FaceTime. 

3. I got all my supplements yesterday too, they will last me a few months. Boy, they cost an arm and a leg, but I have to do everything to help my body with the inflammation it’s dealing with. I’m glad to say I’m getting small amounts of reprieve from my breathing here and there now. I’m sure the LDN has something to do with that also, as it’s supposed to calm down cytokines. I’m at 1.75mg at the moment, I’m hoping to eventually get up to 4.50mg. I have to do it really slowly. 

4. I zoomed with friends twice today which lifted my spirits. I love listening to lots of different interesting conversations, I love learning new things. Some friends of mine are taking their kids to Canada during the school holidays. The husband is Canadian and he met his wife here in Australia. She moved over to Canada for a while, but then he moved here to Australia and they’ve been here ever since. They’ve got three girls. 

5. I’ve got some yummy frozen cherries in the fridge, might have a few later. 

6. Had some delicious grapes last night. They’re really high in sugar and in lectins too, I think, so I don’t eat them too often. Too much fruit is actually not good for you, but I sometimes have a binge. It’s funny when I think about it, I don’t eat any junk food, but when I feel like binging it’s fruit. It must sound weird to people who eat whatever, but I feel like I’m being naughty😂

7. Speaking of fruit, I’m grateful for fruit. It’s a nice treat. I’m still on a mission to try new fruits every month, in small amounts though. So far longan fruit, dragonfruit and persimmon are winners 👏👏 Also, I tried fresh pomegranate, I’ve only ever bought it frozen. Also a winner! 

8. I’m grateful for a nice cup of tea. I occasionally have an English breakfast tea, I don’t drink it daily due to the caffeine. I also like herbal teas, love a good ginger tea. 

9. I’ve read a tiny bit more of the book on ACT therapy, I really like the concept. 

10. I put together a goodies bag for a friend. It just makes me so happy to give gifts. It was the friend that took me to the endocrinologist. I had to laugh as she sent me a message afterwards saying: “ You know I’ll take you to appointments, even if you don’t buy me gifts.”😂🤣 

Speaking of gifts, I love the ceramic travel cup I got from my friends from Melbourne this week. It’s got birds on it. I didn’t have a travel cup, but I do have bottles that keep the heat or cold in. 

Anyway, another gratitude list down. 

Sending big hugs🤗💛

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg. 2020➡️5.60 to 4.80. 2021➡️4.60 to 4.0.  2022➡️3.95 to 3.55. 2023➡️ From 3.50 to 3.25.  2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️May1=3.05✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Hi Carmie

Another great gratitude list - it is a bit of good news that your parathyroid hormones have been given the all clear and that you are having a bit of respite on your breathing.  I hear you about the cost of supplements - they really do cost an arm and a leg.

It's great to have people to take you to the medical appointments.  Being able to connect positively with other people is so important for wellbeing and I think that is one thing in your life that you have got down even if you are limited in the ways you can meet your friends because of lung issues.  I think having any bit of sleep is good and sleep hygiene is so important - I know all of these things but I don't practice any of them!  Discipline to keep doing stuff that one doesn't want to do can be hard to do.

You are lucky to have access to those fruits - the only fruit I really loved that was exotic was a custard apple which I used to eat a lot of when I lived abroad - although with global warming and the heatwave here at the moment it won't be long before we'll have cherries too I think.

I hope your week is going ok anyway

Oaktree1

Currently tapering Mirtazapine; previously tapered Cymbalta 30mg from June 2018-Feb 2019 and Seroquel 150mg to zero from Oct-December 2020.

Supplements for Hashimoto's disease and histamine issues relating to Mirtazapine:   Vitamin D3 1,000mcg, bio-identical HRT, Selenium, Quercetin, Lutein, Zinc, Vitamin C, Omega 3.

Mirtazapine Taper: 2021 16th Aug -  transitioned to liquid from tablet by dissolving two 15mg tablets into a solution of 15 ml water and 15 ml maple syrup on a starting dose of what I thought was 7.5ml; 17 Sept  - 7.31; 24 Sept  - 7.13; 15 Oct  - 6.95; 6 Nov  - 6.78; 21 Nov  - 6.61; 5 Dec  - 6.51;

2022 - 1 Jan 6.41; 1 Feb  - 6.1; 9 Mar -  5.8; 13 Mar - 5.9; 7 Apr - 5.8; 21 Apr - 5.7; 7 May - 5.63; 23 May - 5.55; 8 June 5.50;  (got COVID on 12th June so held); 1 July 5.4; 15 July 5.32; 8 Aug 5.2; 15 Aug 5.1; 22 Aug 5; 19 Sept 4.9; 2 Oct 4.81; 13 Oct 4.71; (COVID Booster 17/10/22 so longer hold ); 1 Nov 4.65; 3 Nov 4.60; 10 Nov 4.55; 13 Nov 4.50; 17 Nov 4.45; 20 Nov 4.40;  2 Dec 4.30mg; 9 Dec 4.20mg; I discovered that the volumetric container measured 33ml rather than 30ml in Dec 2022. Following helpful advice from moderator OnMyWay (see her  reply of the 5th March) discovered taper with the dilution was 3.8mg (calculated by dividing 30/33 so that every 1ml of solution has  0.90ml of Mirtazapine.  7.50 - 0.90= 6.6ml which was the starting dose on 16th Aug 2021 not 7.5ml).  I decided to keep using the solution as I didn't want more change to deal with than I had to.

2023 17 Mar 4.1(3.7); 26 Mar 4.0(3.6); 14 Apr 3.9(3.51)28 Apr 3.8(3.42); 6 Jun 3.7(3.33); 19 Jun 3.6(3.24); 30 Jun 3.5(3.1); 19 Jul 3.4(3.06); 27 Jul 3.35 (3.01); 29 Jul 3.3 (2.97); 4 Aug 3.25 (2.92); 7 Aug 3.2 (2.88); 21 Aug 3.1 (2.79); 14.09 3 (2.7); 29th Sept 2.9(2.61); 15 Oct 2.8(2.52); 30 Oct 10 2.7(2.43); 13 Nov 2.65(2.38); 20 Nov 2.6(2.34); 26 Nov 2.55(2.29); 10 Dec 2.5(2.25); 

2024 - 14 Jan 2.45(2.20); 22 Jan 2.40(2.16); 29 Jan 2.35(2.11); 2 Feb 2.3 (2.07);15 Feb 2.25(2.02); 22 Feb 2.21 (1.98); 29 Feb 2.17(1.95); 7 Mar 2.13(1.91); 21 Mar 2.05 (1.84); 31 Mar 2.01 (1.80); 14 Apr 1.90 (1.71); 29 Apr 1.80 (1.62);

This is not 'medical advice' - my 'non medical advice' is don't get any more 'medical advice' or you may end up getting more 'medical treatment' i.e more drugs, DSM labels and/or ECT.   Please do not PM me thanks.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for your lovely message @Oaktree1, I hope that your week is going okay too. My breathing has been really bad the last two days. Yesterday my breathing woke me up at around 2am and I couldn’t get back to sleep, it’s just awful feeling claustrophobic. I’m grateful I’m getting bit of reprieve here and there though, after a nearly two year flare. Anyway, speaking of being grateful, I think it’s time for another gratitude list: 

1. Went to the beach yesterday with my husband and his carer, it was so nice being near the water. I hadn’t gone anywhere in  the last fortnight, except the hospital to see the endocrinologist, so it was nice getting to my happy place🌊🌊. I love the beach. I’m ever so grateful for the beach, it’s such a soothing place to be, the feel of the sand and the sound of the crashing waves are just glorious🏖

It was too cold to swim, but just being there always soothes me, I never want to leave😁. How wonderful would it be to live across the road from the beach. I’d be over there all the time and take something to read etc📚📖

2. The weather was fab yesterday too. I never know what to wear this time of the year in Queensland. It’s a bit nippy, especially in the morning and the evening, but then it can get warm again during the day, or not😁. I started off wearing closed shoes and ended up changing to 🩴🩴( actually this emoji is the same colour as the ones I was wearing). I do the layering of clothes thing.

3. Love watching the seagulls, they are so entertaining. They all have such different little personalities, there’s always a grumpy one that loves starting fights😁. Two of them made me smile, there were these two that were just walking side by side having a little conversation with each other.

4. I got some more cards, gift bags and stickers yesterday. I love sending people cards, I’ve started sending cards weekly again recently. It makes me happy to brighten someone’s day💌💌💌 I got some thank you and get well cards, a lot of my friends have viruses at the moment. Im grateful for the gift of giving and I’m grateful for stationery. I also love stickers, I’m such a big kid. A little while ago I got these stickers with happy smiling bees on them🐝🐝, which I really loved. They look so cute on envelopes. I’m happy to say they still had some more of these stickers, so I got six little sticker books with bees on them. 

5. I got to the fruit and veggie shop yesterday too on the way back from the beach, I’m on a mission to try one kind of new fruit every time I’m near fruit. I get my groceries home delivered from a local supermarket, so they don’t really have a ton of exotic fruit, thus if I’m ever at a fruit market I’ll try something new. I did get longan from the local supermarket, which I’d never tried before. It tasted like lychee, but a little more musky, it was yummy. 

Anyway, I grabbed a tamarillo to try. I liked it, it tasted a little like a tomato🍅. I won’t be eating it again though, as I found out afterwards it’s a nightshade. I don’t eat nightshades. I only bought two to try and I gave one to my husband’s carer, my husband didn’t want one. I had to laugh afterwards, because when the carer was taking my husband to his home, he ate his tamarillo while they were stuck in traffic. He messaged me and said he liked it, but the skin was bitter. I didn’t eat the skin, I just cut it in half and ate the middle. I then later googled it and it said the skin is inedible because it’s bitter. I messaged him to tell him, and he goes: “Oops,lol”😂

6. My husband’s carer lives on acreage and he grows organic veggies and he gave me some greens, which was so nice of him🥬🥬🥬 He picked them the same morning, well they couldn’t be any fresher. 

7. I managed to get a bit more sleep last night, though my breathing woke me up again. It’s awful waking up struggling to breathe, but on the bright side it good I got some better sleep😴😴 Since starting LDN I dream a lot. 

8. I’m seeing my friends on Zoom this afternoon📱

9. I’m chilling in my comfy bed at the moment🛏. I think I’ll be in bed most of the day, as I barely have any strength. I’m grateful for my bed. 

10. It’s nice being cosy in front of the heater. I’ve got my heater on a side table, so it’s the same height as my bed🔥🔥

Okay, so that’s another gratitude list down. I’m feeling awful health wise and breathing wise today, but I’m allowing myself to feel the negative feelings I’m feeling about the situation I’m in, and I’m still going to do things that I value despite how absolutely awful I feel. I really love ACT, you don’t try and force your feelings away and try and put on an everything is okay front. Things are not okay, but nevertheless, you still take action towards the things you value. I’m only reading a book on this at the moment called “The happiness Trap.” I will be going to see a psychiatrist in the future that does ACT, as my other psychiatrist retired and I need a new one that doesn’t push medication. I’ve still got plenty of meds, so there’s no hurry to see him, but I’m looking forward to seeing him when I do. In the meantime I’m putting some of the things in the book into practice. 

Sending hugs🤗💛

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg. 2020➡️5.60 to 4.80. 2021➡️4.60 to 4.0.  2022➡️3.95 to 3.55. 2023➡️ From 3.50 to 3.25.  2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️May1=3.05✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

Feeling very low today, but I’m going to write a gratitude list nevertheless: 

1. I’m grateful for a delicious lunch I had, grateful that I’ve got plenty of food. I’ve extremely grateful there is such a vast variety of fruit and veggies. 

2. Feel like crying today, but I’m still managing to do a few things around the place. Everything just gets too much when you’re struggling to breathe, your nervous system is shot from withdrawals, you have CFS, plus old injuries flare up. Nevertheless, I’m grateful that I’ve been able to potter around at home and organise a few things. I feel my emotions and do stuff anyway. 

3. Went through my go bag again and sorted that out, I’m glad I got that out of the way. The water I had in there expired so I have to get some new bottles. I also need a few things for a first aid kit. I took everything out of the bag and wrote down what’s in it, so I know what I still need. I’ve been putting off going through it, but glad that’s another chore done. 

4. I started a new thirty day challenge a few days or so ago, and that is making sure all the dishes are done before I go to bed,  and then I shine the sink. It’s great to wake up in the morning to that. I’ve had too many mornings waking up to dirty dishes because I haven’t had the strength to wash them. Then because they pile up even more the next day, I don’t have the strength to do that many the next day. Now I push myself to do them, no matter how I’m feeling. Sometimes it so hard as I’m faint 24/7 and don’t have much strength to stand either a lot of the time. It’s so wonderful waking up to no dishes though🎉

This challenge won’t take long to turn into a habit, as I used to do this in the past for a long time. It was part of the Flylady system. I’d like to slowly incorporate the Flylady routines and try and keep on top of my housework. When you’ve turned something into a habit in the past for a long time, but then decide not to do it anymore, it doesn’t take long to turn it into a habit again in the future. Your brain has already got connections there from what you’ve done in the past. 

5. I’m grateful for the rain, we had a little today. 

6. I’m grateful for fresh air, I’ve got lots of fresh air coming into my home at the moment. I had to have everything closed recently due to controlled burning which made the air smokey. 

7. I’m grateful for sparkling water, one of my favourite drinks. 

8. I’m grateful for books, I can’t always read as my brain fog gets severe, but I’m happy when I can.

9. I’m grateful for my air filter in the bedroom. 

10. I’m grateful for hope, and I hope one day I’ll go into remission and my immune system will stop attacking my lungs for a little while. I have had a bit of reprieve here and there recently, but it’s been extremely bad the last few days and I’m feeling quite low. Here’s to hope! 

💛💛💛

Dear Carmie,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling low. And how beautiful how grateful you are and how you express that. This can be so helpful in our healing process. You are such a beautiful example how we can deal with withdrawal. 

Sending you hugs, Light and Love! ❤️

1993    Anafranil (Clomipramine) for a few months. Later in 1993 Paxil for a few months 1993- 2006      No medication

2006   Effexor, Cymbalta, some Benzo’s. All for short periods. Later in 2006 Lexapro (escitalopram) 10 mg and shortly after Wellbutrin XR 150mg, against side effects Lexapro 

Since 2006 until end of 2015: Several times on and off Lexapro and Wellbutrin and several slight dosage changes. Mostly taken dosages: 5mg Lexapro and 150mg Wellbutrin

2016  Dosage change Lexapro from 5mg to 2,5 mg. Wellbutrin stayed om 150mg

November 2016 – April 2017 Down from 2,5mg to 0,6mg Lexapro (in steps) without much problems. Wellbutrin down from 150mg to 66mg. Also without much problems.

April 2017 – March 2019       Lexapro 0,6 mg        April 2017 - August 2018       Wellbutrin in small steps down from 66mg in to 37,5 mg . Quite heavy WD after each step.

March 2019 – May 2019 Lexapro down from 0,6 to 0,3mg then Prozac to 0,6 mg switch because severe discontinuation effects (may also have been from Wellbutrin..)    

Wellbutrin down from 37,5mg to 35,3mg 

October 2019        Seroquel 12,5 mg for 4 weeks because of extreme sleeping problems, then weaning off in 2 weeks       Prozac up dosage to 1,2 mg

March 2020     Wellbutrin in 2 steps down from 35,3mg to 33,3mg   Extreme withdrawal effects during 8 months. Stopped tapering Wellbutrin  until total off Prozac. 

February 2020 – November 2020   Prozac down in steps from 1,2mg to 0,57mg. 

Jan 2021  Prozac down to:  0,55> 0,53>0,51mg,   Feb 0,47mg ,  Mar 0,42mg,   Apr 0,37, longer hold because of WD symptoms July 0,36 and hold again, Sept 19 0,35, Sept 26 0,34mg, Oct 3 0,33mg  Long hold of 172 days until March 2022

January 20, 2022:  Wellbutrin from 33,3 to 32,4mg

March 22, 2022 Prozac down from 0,33mg to: 0,30mg, Apr 0,29, May 0,28, 0,27, June 0,26, 0,25, July 0,24, 0,23, 0,22, 0,21, Aug 0,20, 0,19 Sep 0,18, Oct 0,17. 0,16, 0,15, Nov 0,14  Jan 2023 0,13, 0,12, 0,11  Feb 0,10, 0,09 Mar 0,08 ,  June 0,07 , July 0,06,  0,05, Aug 0,04, 0,03, Sept 0,026, 0,024 Nov 0,022, 0,019, 0,016, 0,013 Dec 0,012, 0,011, 0,010, 0,009   Jan 2024 0,008, 0,007,  0,006,  0,005, 0,004, 0,003, 0,002, 0,001, Feb  0,0007.  0,0005,   0,0003, 0,0001,  

Feb 23, 2024:  0,00000

Wellbutrin resume tapering: Apr 2024 31,6mg, 30,8, 30,0 , May 29,1, 28,2

Supplements: Fish Oil (3000mg), Magnesium 100 mg, 2 drops of Lavender Oil, only when feeling extreme anxiety. 50mg of L-Theanine only when severe discontinuation effects caused by Wellbutrin

Please note this is NOT a medical advice. Discuss all your medical issues with a doctor who understands psychical drugs and really knows how to withdraw from them. I wish that you will find one.

Hi Carmie

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so low - unfortunately not to make your page all about me but I am feeling low too not in the same way as you but in a different way.  I don't really have anything to offer other than it's damn awful that you are suffering this way - it's awful; it's unfair and cruel and wrong and all of those things.   

What stuck out to me was your resolve to do the dishes no matter what - it is those small victories I suppose one must celebrate.  For example  I have not been able to concentrate on reading anything in print except newspapers for the last week as my mental akathisia is quite severe but yesterday I managed to read a page of Atomic Habits - that is a small victory I have to celebrate.  I really hope you get some respite soon.

Oaktree1

Sending you tons of love even if I can’t read all you have written right now.  Hang in there, 🧚‍♀️R

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

• Moderator Emeritus
21 hours ago, Go2zero said:

Dear Carmie,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling low. And how beautiful how grateful you are and how you express that. This can be so helpful in our healing process. You are such a beautiful example how we can deal with withdrawal. 

Sending you hugs, Light and Love! ❤️

20 hours ago, Oaktree1 said:

Hi Carmie

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so low - unfortunately not to make your page all about me but I am feeling low too not in the same way as you but in a different way.  I don't really have anything to offer other than it's damn awful that you are suffering this way - it's awful; it's unfair and cruel and wrong and all of those things.   

What stuck out to me was your resolve to do the dishes no matter what - it is those small victories I suppose one must celebrate.  For example  I have not been able to concentrate on reading anything in print except newspapers for the last week as my mental akathisia is quite severe but yesterday I managed to read a page of Atomic Habits - that is a small victory I have to celebrate.  I really hope you get some respite soon.

Oaktree1

8 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Sending you tons of love even if I can’t read all you have written right now.  Hang in there, 🧚‍♀️R

Thank you for your lovely messages, dear Go2zero, Oaktree1 and Rosetta. My CFS brain fog is so thick today, I can barely read or write, I’m struggling to think, but just wanted to thank you all so much for thinking of me🌻💛🤗

I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling poorly at the moment, Carmie.  That said, your writing is absolutely gorgeous to read.   I love hearing your anecdotes about vegetables and forming new habits and just all of it.  This tapering journey isn't a smooth ride, but I am resolutely convinced it's worth taking.  I hear you about the brain fog, sometimes I can only do a little.   Appreciate you checking in with us and looking forward to brighter days!

I am not a doctor and do not offer any medical advice, only my own experience.  Consult your physician.

2011-2015 tapered off 300MG of Effexor.  Back in the Paxil Progress days.  No rebound.   

2005-2021:  450 mg Bupropion XL Daily

2021 Buporopion May 450mg/June 400mg/July 375mg/Aug 10th 360mg/

2021 Dec - 150mg IR, 3x day = 450mg Bup, Heritage manufacturer-yellow color pill. 

2022 May 3 - 3 x 150mg IR Bup, Avet brand(pharmacist said they merged with Heritage-orange color) -migraines

REINSTATED-BACK TO MY LAST STABLE DOSE/TIME RELEASE

2022 June 5 - switched back to 3 x 150mg XL one time per day= 450 mg total Bup-Apotex brand

CURRENT TAPER 2022 Aug 31 - 450MG to 412MG IR Bup//Sep. 28, 2022: 412mg to 375mg//Oct 26, 2022: 375mg to 365 mg//Nov 21, 2022: 365mg to 327mg//Dec 27, 2022: 327 mg to 290 mg//Dec 31, 2022:  290mg to 262mg//Jan 28, 2023:  262mg to 190mg//Feb. 19, 2023:  190mg to 140mg//Mar. 18, '23:  140mg to 100mg//

On 6/5/2023 at 7:40 AM, Carmie said:

Thank you for your lovely messages, dear Go2zero, Oaktree1 and Rosetta. My CFS brain fog is so thick today, I can barely read or write, I’m struggling to think, but just wanted to thank you all so much for thinking of me🌻💛🤗

Hi Carmie

I hope you are feeling a bit better today.  - I have never had CFS brain fog before but I do understand the struggling to think bit because of anxiety.  i don't know if this is the same thing or not. I think you are great to get through those chores of organising a first aid kit.  

Oaktree1

• Mentor

@Carmie My heart goes out to you.   You are such a trooper.   Your determination and strength are an inspiration.   Sharing how to find gratitude even when you feel so awful helps me to try be grateful for even the small things I do.   It's so easy,  for me at least, to get stuck in the struggling and focus on that.   I started a guided meditation from the mindful movement. It's about loving all parts of you. 

Thank you Carmie for your generous ❤️

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi dear @j1290 @Oaktree1 @Greatful Thanks for thinking of me, it’s much appreciated. You are all so very kind. 

My CFS brain fog is still quite intense, and I’m struggling to read a lot, but thought I’d just pop in briefly to say thank you. 

My breathing has been so intense for days too, but I’ve been in a really good three day window as regards withdrawals. I haven’t tapered in about three months, but have had lots of waves during that time, probably from updosing the low dose naltrexone. I think I’ll stay at 1.75mg of the LDN for a number of months now, and do another 0.05% drop of the Seroquel before then. 

I’ve been updosing the LDN by 0.25mg each time, I think it’s too much. I had no problem going from 0.25mg to 1mg though. I think I might need to updose by only 0.10mg in the future. I really hope it helps to settle my immune system. 

I’ll pop around and say hi when my brain comes back a little🤪🤪

Sending hugs🤗💛

Appreciate you stopping by, and great to hear that you had a little bit of a window!   It's never as much as I'd like, but just enough to give me a little idea of what I have to look forward to at the other side of this.  

Glad to hear you're hanging tough and getting things sorted as best you can!

I am not a doctor and do not offer any medical advice, only my own experience.  Consult your physician.

2011-2015 tapered off 300MG of Effexor.  Back in the Paxil Progress days.  No rebound.   

2005-2021:  450 mg Bupropion XL Daily

2021 Buporopion May 450mg/June 400mg/July 375mg/Aug 10th 360mg/

2021 Dec - 150mg IR, 3x day = 450mg Bup, Heritage manufacturer-yellow color pill. 

2022 May 3 - 3 x 150mg IR Bup, Avet brand(pharmacist said they merged with Heritage-orange color) -migraines

REINSTATED-BACK TO MY LAST STABLE DOSE/TIME RELEASE

2022 June 5 - switched back to 3 x 150mg XL one time per day= 450 mg total Bup-Apotex brand

CURRENT TAPER 2022 Aug 31 - 450MG to 412MG IR Bup//Sep. 28, 2022: 412mg to 375mg//Oct 26, 2022: 375mg to 365 mg//Nov 21, 2022: 365mg to 327mg//Dec 27, 2022: 327 mg to 290 mg//Dec 31, 2022:  290mg to 262mg//Jan 28, 2023:  262mg to 190mg//Feb. 19, 2023:  190mg to 140mg//Mar. 18, '23:  140mg to 100mg//

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/8/2023 at 1:41 PM, j1290 said:

Appreciate you stopping by, and great to hear that you had a little bit of a window!   It's never as much as I'd like, but just enough to give me a little idea of what I have to look forward to at the other side of this.  

Glad to hear you're hanging tough and getting things sorted as best you can!

Hi there John, hope you’re having a delightful day. Yes, the window has been happening for a week tomorrow, so I’m going to do my next drop of 0.05mg tomorrow night. Time to taper after three months. 

So, you’re a fan of veggies too? I’ve been trying new fruit and veggies lately, as you know. Do you have a favourite vegetable, that’s not a nightshade? I’m always looking for new things to try. 

Okay, time for a gratitude list. 

1. I wanted to do a lot more reading today, but my brain will only let me read small amounts and nothing too complicated. I’m grateful I was able to read a little. 

2. I’m grateful for all the beautiful people on this site and for all the encouragement they’ve given to me. 

3. I’m grateful for my heater. 

4. I’m grateful that knitting is a good distraction for me. I need distractions to help me cope with chronic health issues, as well as withdrawals.

5. I’m grateful for shows that are a good distraction, I’m watching Monk at the moment. 

6. I’ve been too sick to go out, though I went for a tiny walk to send some mail this week. I’m grateful I have a comfy home when I’m stuck at home. 

7. I love writing cards, I’m grateful for stationery. I’m slowly getting into the habit of sending cards every week, mainly thank you cards or cards just to say hi to my friends. Actually, this morning I wrote an anniversary card to friends who live in South Australia. I used to live in Adelaide for many years as a child, though I met these friends up here in Queensland. They left Queensland for Sydney. I visited them in Sydney once and had a fab time with them. 

8. I’m grateful for timers. My timer just went off to remind me to take my next lot of supplements. I take so many, and some of them have to be taken on an empty stomach, while others have to be taken with food. It’s quite something trying to remember to take them all. 

9…..And on the same note, I’m grateful for my pill organiser as I can organise all my supplements.

10. It was a beautiful and sunny day today☀️

Anyway better take my supplements.

💛💛💛

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay, I’m going to do a morning gratitude list, I’m still in bed and it’s 10.30am so I haven’t been up to anything much. Scary morning waking up struggling to breathe again. It’s been extremely intense for twelve days straight now. I was getting bits of reprieve here and there before then. It feels like I’m never going to go into remission despite everything I’m doing. Two years in a flare since the vax. Anyway, gratitude list time: 

1. My cat is lying next to me. Wait, she’s jumped off, she’s hungry………. okay, gave her food😸She’s used my journal to sharpen her claws on, so now I have an arty cover thanks to her. I just let her scratch it. The pages inside are unharmed. Animals are great! 

2. I love my cosy blankets. I sleep with a weighted blanket, but I have a doona next to me too, so in the morning when it’s cold I’ll throw the doona over as well. It’s quite nippy early in the morning as I always wake up early. 

3. Love hearing my cat purr. 

4. Love waking up to no dishes in the sink, it’s the best feeling. I can spend first thing in the morning doing things that matter to me, instead of having to do a pile of dishes. Its been two weeks since doing this, I’m definitely keeping it up. I always hated waking up to dishes, well, no more!😁

I added something else on top of this habit as well. Every evening I go around and tidy up everything that’s lying around, all sorts of odds and ends that I’ve put down on surfaces like books, stationery, clothes etc. I’ve done this for a week now. So, not only do I wake up to no dishes, my place is also tidy in the morning and that’s another thing I don’t have to worry about first thing in the morning. It’s great for your mental health waking up to a neat place in the morning. I’m finding too that since I’ve been doing this in the evening, I’m more aware of tidying up after myself as I go along and do things as well. I don’t end up having a lot to tidy up before bed. 

I love habits!!! Start small, start slow. Less to think about when you do things automatically.

5. I love my journal. It’s good writing down my daily thoughts on the day and what I’ve been up to. It’s handy too when you need to remember what’s you’ve done on what day etc. I don’t write extremely personal things in this particular journal. It’s mainly just my day to day happenings. 

I love journaling and I used to do a lot of it, writing down all my innermost thoughts and feelings. I have to get back into doing that, I always found it extremely helpful, I’d shred it afterwards. It’s just good to get them out of your head and down on paper. That will be a habit that I’d like to incorporate some time down the road. 

6. I’m grateful for books. I’ve got so many books on the go, but due to CFS brainfog can’t read all the time. 

7. I’m grateful for tv shows and movies. We have so many of them, they are great distractions to chill to. I’m a big fan of YouTube too. I think I spend too much time on YouTube though, might have to do something about that😂

8. I’m grateful that this site exists and we can all help one another get through our difficult times. We all understand what withdrawals are like. 

9. I’m grateful for all my dear friends. So many of my friends have viruses at the moment, so I haven’t been meeting anyone in the park around the corner at the moment, just in case.  We seem to be in a wave of viruses. My husband is in lockdown in his care home too, as they are in code red due to a number of Covid cases. 

10. I’m grateful that my husband has great support in the care home he lives in. I’m fortunate I was able to get him in there due to my niece knowing someone who was overseeing the place. It’s a lovely new and cheery place.

Well, that about it. Maybe I’ll check out YouTube now😂. My alarm just went off, time to take my next lot of supplements. 

💛💛💛

• Moderator Emeritus

Just documenting: finally did a 0.05mg drop this evening, after not tapering for three months. I was updosing the low dose naltrexone during that time instead, and going through lots of waves. I tapered from 3.45mg to 3.40mg this evening. I’m a little snail🐌🐌🐌 or am I a tortoise🐢🐢🐢

I need to continue to updose the LDN ( I’m at 1.75mg), but I’ve been in a good window for a week, so it’s time to taper the Seroquel again. The continuing of the LDN updosing will have to wait for a bit.  I feel like I’m still going to be tapering the Seroquel for a million more years. I can only taper by a teeny, tiny amount. Gotta look at the wins: another 0.05mg down🤓

Good night💛

13 minutes ago, Carmie said:

I’ve been in a good window for a week, so it’s time to taper the Seroquel again

It's so good to read that you've had a bit of a reprieve from WDs Carmie. I hope your latest Seroquel cut goes smoothly. How long does it take until it catches up with you? 

I hope the CFS calms down a bit too. It's a terrible mysterious thing. 

I also hope you're able to get back to your reading soon. Reading has always been one of my favourite things, but when I was really burned out and stressed a couple of years ago,  just couldn't concentrate for anything. I came up with the plan to go back and read my favourite books from childhood. In my case this was What Katy Did and all the sequels.  When I reread them I found them very preachy and moralising, but I still enjoyed the characters and it helped me to get back into reading which was just so good. Made me feel a bit more like myself. Then I went onto chick lit and young adult stuff after that and now I'm almost back to my bookworm self. I haven't quite managed to read a Thomas Hardy yet, but I'm confident I'll get there again. It might be worth trying? There's a lot of great young adult literature out there which is a little easier to read, and might be a good start.

Thanks for dropping by my thread. I hope you're able to get outside and enjoy some of our beautiful SEQ winter weather. Today was a bit gloomy but the last week has been gorgeous.

Fi

HISTORY

1995 - 2006: One at a time I've tried Zoloft, a MAOI for a short time, Cipramil, and Effexor for a short time (hell)

Lexapro career began 2006: 10 mg. 2014↘️tapered over months to less than 5 mg by cutting tablets and skipping doses. GP convinced me to ↗️to 10mg. 2018↗️20 mg. 2022↗️30 mg. 2021 Occasional 75 mg Lyrica for anxiety. 
Dec 2022: Trial 5 mg dextroamphetamine once a day. Began Lex taper Dec 22: 30 mg↘️20 mg (no symptoms). Jan 2023 dextroamphetamine 5mg x 3 daily. Switched to 40 mg Lisdexamfetamine Aug 23 due to international travel.

CURRENT

Daily: Lisdexamfetamine 40 mg once a day, Doxycycline 50 mg for skin (am) Supps: Fish oil. Magnesium and Turmeric, Women's 50+ multi (pm)

Occasional: Panadol/Nurofen/Meloxicam for headaches/arthritis; doxylamine for sleep

Lexapro taper 2023 16 Jan ↘️10 mg, (bad physical WDs) 27 Jan↗️15 mg 13 Feb↘️12 mg. 6 Mar↘️10 mg 20 Mar➡️crossover to liquid 31 Mar↘️8.5 mg. 24 Apr↘️7.25 mg. 17 May↘️7 mg. 31 May↘️6 mg, 6 week hold Switch to slide 10 July↘️5.8↘️5.6↘️5.4mg 7 Aug↘️5.2↘️5.1↘️5mg. Crossover to generic tablets from 4 Sept 23. Still holding at 5 mg, 27 Dec 23.

Anything I write here is my opinion based on my experiences. It is not medical advice.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello dear @Fifree, thanks for popping around. So far, so good, with the last cut, though it’s only been two days😁. The following day after the cut my CNS was a little more heightened and I had buzzing in my legs, but nothing major. 

I just love reading, I see you’re the same. I just googled What Katie Did. I’m glad that helped you get back into reading novels. Hope you get to Thomas Hardy one day, I love Far From The Madding Crowd. I still have a couple of John Grisham novels here that I want to read, and also an historical novel that someone recommended. I find reading novels helps you to switch off. Now, if only my brain would cooperate and let me read more😁. I have been reading a bit here and there, but not novels. I really need to get back into doing that, as I find it calming. 

Yeah, the weather has been good here in Queensland. We still get some nice warm days in winter. I love the cooler days too, comfy in front of my heater. I hope you enjoy the weather also💛

Hi @Carmie, so great to hear that you are tolerating well the latest cut.

Fingers crossed that you continue to do so! I have been watching Midsommer style murder mysteries lately and thought that you might like them - unlike CSI and Criminal Minds they tend do be more mystery oriented than violence oriented. Made me think that you might like them. There is an Acorn TV - an extra channel you can add to Prime Video that they come with - right now I am watching Garage Sale Mysteries. They last an hour and a half each so can be a bit tough. But they are also super idyllic, despite the murders (there are at least -1-2 murders per episode so this small town has more  murders than NYC probably. If you want some more funny stuff I highly recommend Mom - a sitcom about women who are in AA. Very refreshing and positive :)
I am still reading the 90 seconds book and love it. Thank you for the recommendation. 

OMW

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the recommendations @Onmyway, I don’t have Acorn TV, but I noticed that there are a couple of episodes of the murder mystery you mentioned on YouTube. I’ve got Disney and Netflix, though at the moment I’m watching Monk, I’ve got a few seasons on DVD. I want to buy the rest of the seasons. I might try other streaming companies in the future too.

We have an overload of things to watch, don’t we? I haven’t been watching quite as much lately, I think I watched two episodes of Monk yesterday, I haven’t done all day marathons for ages. I think I’ll watch some more of Monk today. Yeah, I’m not really a fan of shows like CSI, NCIS etc. I like shows with quirky characters, like Death In Paradise, Monk, Castle, White Collar etc. I love shows like Doc Martin, Gilmore Girls etc too due to all the quirkiness. I also love Poirot as well and period dramas, I have a million period dramas on DVD. 

Yeah, the shows with small towns that have a million murders always make me laugh. It’s like Murder, She Wrote. How does Jessica Fletcher stumble across so many murders?😂

I’ve been enjoying watching Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix. He was the writer of Everybody Loves Raymond. He travels the world and tastes food everywhere. I like his nutty personality. He gets so excited! 

I’m so glad you’re finding the book recommendation beneficial. I love that book. Actually, ACT therapy also pretty much fits right in with that as well. I’m still reading The Happiness Trap, which is ACT therapy. It’s got lots of practical suggestions in there. I like what I’ve read so far. It’s pretty much don’t obey or suppress your negative thoughts, feelings and emotions. Feel your feelings, but then move towards the things that matter to you, despite the negativity you may be feeling. Thoughts aren’t always true, they are just words. Our default setting is to move away from the things that matter, because our negative thoughts and feelings tell us it’s too hard and too much effort to move towards things that really mean a lot to us. We need to unhook from the default mode. That pretty much sums up what I’ve read so far. Great book too. I will eventually see the new psychiatrist who does ACT therapy as well. 

Sending hugs your way🤗💛

• Moderator Emeritus

Time for a gratitude list. Have been in bed for most of the day, but here goes anyway: 

1. My husband’s care home is out of code red, so no more lockdown. They were in lockdown due to a number of Covid cases. He went to a beautiful lake today  where there are swans, and all sorts of birds. I had a splendid time last time I went there with him. It’s a lovely chill place and I’m glad he’s able to get out and about again with a care worker. 

I won’t be joining them in any outings for ages now, because I can’t risk catching a cold, flu or Covid, because of my lungs. So many of my friends have had, or have got viruses at the moment. There’s a wave of viruses happening. I’m happy my husband can get out and about though. 

2. Well, I’m grateful for my bed, which has kept me comfy all day. 

3. I’m grateful for tv shows, I’ve been watching Monk for some distraction this afternoon. I ordered a couple more seasons on EBay too. 

4. I’m grateful I had enough strength to put fresh sheets on my bed and to make my lunch. Just had a salad for lunch with spinach, red cabbage, olives and avocado. The avocado was mashed with apple cider vinegar and I just put it on top of the salad. I also pour extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar over the salad. Lately, as soon as an avocado becomes ripe, I mash it and put apple cider vinegar through it and put it in the fridge. The vinegar stops it from going brown. Then I can use it on salad or use it to make a dip. 

5. I’m looking forward to dinner, I’m going to have sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, onions etc. I’m going to just do a quick vegetable medley. Chop it all up and microwave it. It shouldn’t take too much effort. I then drench it in olive olive and add salt. I drench everything in olive oil, it must be the Spanish side of me😁.I’m a big fan! I buy organic, cold pressed olive oil. I’ll probably have some sardines with it and get my omega 3’s. 

6. I’ve been knitting for the sake of knitting, it has a calming effect on me. 

7. Had a lovely chat with a beautiful friend of mine on the phone yesterday. I hadn’t chatted to her for ages, as she’s been so very sick, we’ve just been messaging. She’s got psoriasis, which is autoimmune immune too, and she was in a massive flare. She ended up with blisters all over the place, up her neck and up the side of her face too. She was in a ton of pain. I’m so very happy she’s gotten through this flare, and is starting to feel better again. She showed me photos, it was really severe.

8.  Got a beautiful message from another friend, which brightened my day. 

9. I’m grateful that yet another friend ran an errand for me. My friends are so very helpful. 

10. One more thing…. Let’s see🤔….. I’m grateful for electricity, so I can make my dinner😁

💛💛💛

• Moderator Emeritus

P.s. Okay, my brain has really left the building now. I just tried to turn off my iPad with the DVD remote control 😂🤣😂🤣

Thank you Carmie for the kind words on my thread.

For the last 3 days, I have taken a page from you playbook and have started a gratitude list.  I speak it aloud in the car, and it has lifted my mood considerably.

I wish you nothing but the best!

2022  trazodone    Aug. 21- Sep 10 for extreme insomnia

2022  mirtazapine Sep. 10- Oct 25 - 15mg for extreme insomnia. 

2022  mirtazapine Oct 25 - began taper, and am at 13.5mg as of Oct 31. 

Nov 25: 12.5mg /// Dec 20:  11.5mg

2023                       Jan 20:  10.4mg /// Feb 20:  9.4mg /// Apr 3:  8.5mg /// Apr 26:  8.0mg /// May 18:  7.5mg /// Jun 19:  7.0mg

Jul 19:  6.5mg /// Aug 13:  6.0mg /// Sep 13:  5.5mg /// Oct 1:  5.0mg /// Nov 3:  4.5mg /// Dec 3:  4.0mg

2024                       Jan 3:  3.5mg /// Feb 9:  3.0mg /// Mar 3:  2.5mg /// Apr 1:  2.2mg /// May 1:  1.7mg

[supplements:  b12, d3, k2, quercetin with bromelain, magnesium citrate, magnesium glycinate, fish oil, lactium as needed.]

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi there dear @Utek, thanks for popping over to my neck of the woods. I’m so glad to hear that you’re looking at things to be grateful for as well. I’m really struggling with severe health issues and I find that looking at things to be grateful for does help. Thank you so much for your kind words, I wish you all the best too. 

Now, speaking of gratitude, I think it’s time for another gratitude list. Here goes: 

1. Woke up this morning to my cat staring at me😸. I just love animals, they make me laugh. When your cat stares at you it means they love you apparently, but I’m guessing she was hungry 😄. I read that cats only stare at people they trust. 

2. Had a lovely salad for lunch. Because I have to make all food from scratch, I’ve recently been having salads for lunch as I don’t have to cook. I then have a warm meal in the evening. There are just millions of things you can put into a salad that aren’t nightshades. I like the combination of greens and cabbage in the same salad, as I love the crunch of the cabbage🥗🥬( can’t find a cabbage emoji). 

3. Got some groceries delivered today. I’m grateful for home delivery.

4. Got some more avocados🥑🥑. Yummy! They’re almost ripe, tomorrow I’ll mush them up and put apple cider vinegar through them so they don’t go brown. Then they will be ready to put on salads or to use as a dip. Love dipping carrots🥕

5. I bought some wild caught smoked kippers 🐟 to try, they are nice, but I don’t think I’ll buy them again because smoked foods aren’t good for you. They’re yummy though. I try and eat smaller fish as they don’t have as much mercury or heavy metals in them. I couldn’t get any herrings just in brine, some of the tins of herrings had so many numbers on the tin that it was like a laboratory. So many chemicals. All I want is herrings in salt and water, and then I’ll add my olive oil. Is that too much to ask???😄  Well, I learnt something new when I ordered the kippers, they are smoked herring. I’ve never bought them before, so I didn’t know what they were. I also ended up getting more sardines today. Good ol’ omega 3’s. 

6. Withdrawals ramped up a bit today and yesterday, but at this very moment they’re okay. Today is day five since the last drop. I’m grateful I was able to do another drop. 

7. I’m grateful for my fluffy bed jumper. I spend a lot of time in bed due to my illness, but I forgot I had this really fluffy and soft lounge jumper with a hood.  I bought it a while ago and forgot all about it, that happens when your brain is like a sieve. I put it on today and it’s so fluffy and comfy. I’m grateful for the fluffiness. 

When I was just writing this, it reminded me of the Sandra Bullock movie While You Were Sleeping when she’s calling Fluffy the cat: “Fluffy, hello, Fluffy.” 😸

8. I finally had the strength to do my washing. Yay!🧺🧺

9. I’m grateful for the dinner I’m going to have. I’ll have my kippers, along with veggies.

10. I’m lovely and fresh, I just had a shower💦💦💦💦. I love the feeling after you get out of a shower.

Another gratitude list down. Well, at least today I didn’t try and switch off my iPad with a remote control. My brain was really in outer space when I did that yesterday. I couldn’t stop laughing 🤪🤪🤪

💛💛💛

• Moderator Emeritus

The little bit of brain power I had has kind of left the building now, so I don’t have the cognitive capacity to write a gratitude list. It’s day 6 since my drop from 3.45mg to 3.40mg. WDs are okay today, I’m grateful for that😁💛

• Moderator Emeritus

I’m really struggling with CFS brain fog and I’m having trouble focusing enough to concentrate on reading people’s threads at the moment. My breathing is bad too. On a brighter note, my withdrawals are okay today again. 

Just gonna chill for the day. 

Hope everyone is coping as best they can💛

So wonderful to see a message from you Carmie! I'm sorry the brain fog is bad.  Hope it will get better as the day proceeds, if often does for me. Yay for no withdrawal symptoms day!

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Good to hear the WDs aren't too bad Carmie. Hope the CFS improves soon too

HISTORY

1995 - 2006: One at a time I've tried Zoloft, a MAOI for a short time, Cipramil, and Effexor for a short time (hell)

Lexapro career began 2006: 10 mg. 2014↘️tapered over months to less than 5 mg by cutting tablets and skipping doses. GP convinced me to ↗️to 10mg. 2018↗️20 mg. 2022↗️30 mg. 2021 Occasional 75 mg Lyrica for anxiety. 
Dec 2022: Trial 5 mg dextroamphetamine once a day. Began Lex taper Dec 22: 30 mg↘️20 mg (no symptoms). Jan 2023 dextroamphetamine 5mg x 3 daily. Switched to 40 mg Lisdexamfetamine Aug 23 due to international travel.

CURRENT

Daily: Lisdexamfetamine 40 mg once a day, Doxycycline 50 mg for skin (am) Supps: Fish oil. Magnesium and Turmeric, Women's 50+ multi (pm)

Occasional: Panadol/Nurofen/Meloxicam for headaches/arthritis; doxylamine for sleep

Lexapro taper 2023 16 Jan ↘️10 mg, (bad physical WDs) 27 Jan↗️15 mg 13 Feb↘️12 mg. 6 Mar↘️10 mg 20 Mar➡️crossover to liquid 31 Mar↘️8.5 mg. 24 Apr↘️7.25 mg. 17 May↘️7 mg. 31 May↘️6 mg, 6 week hold Switch to slide 10 July↘️5.8↘️5.6↘️5.4mg 7 Aug↘️5.2↘️5.1↘️5mg. Crossover to generic tablets from 4 Sept 23. Still holding at 5 mg, 27 Dec 23.

Anything I write here is my opinion based on my experiences. It is not medical advice.

Hello Carmie,

I send you all my encouragement for this period! 💛

What is CFS ?

Mental fog I see completely, I have already experienced, but why CFS ?

Before 2018 : Festive alcohol + Festive tobacco
2018 : Deroxat 20 mg + Alprazolam ~0,50 mg + complete cessation of alcohol and tobacco
2019 : Deroxat 20 mg --> 10 mg  + Diazepam 30 mg (15 days / relapse) --> 2 mg
2020 : Deroxat 10 mg --> 4 mg + Diazepam 2 mg
2021 : Deroxat 4 mg --> 2,8 mg + Diazepam 2 mg --> 1 mg
2022 : Deroxat 2,8 mg --> 1,7 mg --> 5 mg (relapse 11/22) + Diazepam 1 mg --> 0 mg (2 months !) --> 10 mg (relapse 11/22) --> 6 mg
01/2023 : Deroxat 5 mg + Diazepam 5 mg
02/2023 : Deroxat 5 mg + Diazepam 3,3 mg
03/2023 : Deroxat 5 mg + Diazepam 2,7 mg
04/2023 : Deroxat 5 mg + Diazepam 2 mg

05/2023 : Deroxat 4,5 mg + Diazepam 2 mg

06/2023 : Deroxat 4 mg + Diazepam 1,66 mg

Chronic fatigue syndrome 

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Hi @Carmie

I am thinking of you! Hope you are feeling well and cheery today. 

Sending you big hugs, 

OMW

On 6/21/2023 at 2:05 AM, Carmie said:

I’m really struggling with CFS brain fog and I’m having trouble focusing enough to concentrate on reading people’s threads at the moment. My breathing is bad too. On a brighter note, my withdrawals are okay today again. 

Hi Carmie

I hope things have gotten a bit better with the breathing over the past few days.  I am struggling too; it's tough.  I hope you are feeling a bit better and it is good that your withdrawals were going a bit better - slow progress is only way with the taper.

Oaktree1

Hi Carmie

Hope you are ok or okayish

Oaktree1

• Moderator Emeritus

Me too.  Sending clear headed ness and easy breathing.  A couple of butterflies.  Some arts.  Some crafts.  And a whole lot of Love.

Healing, growth, peace,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
good lord, it said hot headed ness, fixed that!

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear @Onmyway @Oaktree1 @Fifree @direstraits @Alwayshere @manymoretodays Thanks for popping around. I’m so very sick and my breathing is unbearable. I woke up this morning n just started crying. I’m so claustrophobic. In May I was getting a tiny bit of reprieve from my breathing problems here and there, but then in June no reprieve at all. It’s too much having a flare lasting nearly two years. 

I’m doing so many things to try and go into remission, taking so many supplements to help with the inflammation. I’m taking supplements to try and help with the spike protein too as this flare was caused by the vaccine a couple of years ago and it just doesn’t want to end. I’m also on low dose naltrexone. I’m doing things to calm down my nervous system. Despite everything it feels like this flare is never going to end. 

Flares I’ve had in the past have never lasted this long, I think the longest one I had was nine months or so, but I had lots of reprieve during this time as well. From this latest flare I only started getting small amounts of reprieve in May this year and that’s it, now full on 24/7 struggling again. I shouldn’t have gotten the vaccine. 

We are in a wave of Covid, flus and colds at the moment and I haven’t been able to go on any outings. I’m just in survival mode, just trying to make it to the end of each day. It would be dangerous for me to catch anything.

My husband’s support worker drove by and I chatted to my husband while he was in the car. His carer asked me if I needed anything, he’s very kind, so I got him to get me some grass fed and grass finished mince from a butcher I like and some squid from the fish market. 

Withdrawals are still going okay since my last drop. I’m still in a window so far, just as well as I’m barely coping as it is. 

Sending much love💛💛