Muddles

Muddles,

This is great news!

I had prayer for you, Winning Through and Skylerblue75, Sunday at church. Though, I pray for everyone here, I mentioned you three by name.

I hope you have more breakthroughs like this.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Thank you chicken...that's so nice of you. Keep praying for us! X

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Wonderful! Alto recommended once to take pictures of things that bring or brought pleasure, and then look at them. I think it is to try to stimulate your "pleasure centers." Yes, we are all pulling for you and your family!

Meime's post just reminded me of a documentary where they showed people pictures

of things while in a scanner to see any changes in the brain.  There was a visible reaction

when pleasurable things were shown. And recently another one showed the same thing with,

of all things, chocolate, and the same thing happened when people were shown pictures of

chocolate.  I know that nothing gives you any pleasure or emotion, but looking at pictures of

things, people and places you always loved it will exercise the brain. 

I imagine it to be similar to when muscles have wasted and there is no movement. My leg muscles

wouldn't work no matter how hard I tried but I couldn't leave the hospital until they were moving so

I had to work those muscles. At first I couldn't lift my leg off the bed even a centimeter, not even 

enough to slide a piece of paper underneath. I sat there and just tried and tried, 2 days later I was

trying to lift it and going red in the face like I was in the pushing stage of labour, grunting and groaning

then my leg went up and just off the bed. The whole ward cheered! ( I was on effexor and couldn't care

less, in fact I just couldn't be bothered but didn't want to stay there I wanted out so I did as I was told   :blush: ).

I know it isn't the same but I do believe that if we surround ourselves with positive things and people we 

love it can only help recovery.  I also found http://www.pinterest.com/ a great distraction, just looking at

all the pictures is very therapeutic. I can go anywhere in the world, grow my garden, decorate my house

and do tons of craft stuff on pinterest. It got me through some tough times and whiled away a lot of hours. 

I remember when I felt like you and thought I should be able to end my life when it was so painful. I mean

the unseen pain from inside that those drugs and withdrawal caused. The akathisia and suicidal obsessions.

Physical pain is nothing in comparison.  I told people that they would put down an animal out of compassion

and it was totally unfair that I had to suffer.  

But that did end, It did get better, and your little window was just a reminder that you will get better too. 

Sorry if I'm not making much sense and hope you get what I'm trying to say, I'm not doing great finding words 

right now! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Muddles, im so glad you had a small window! Even if it was brief it was something. Im always think of you. Big hugs!

God bless you

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

I can't live like this...I'm struggling to write and type now. My frontal lobe area is dead and it's the most distressing thing anyone could go through. I'm not human in anyway shape or form. Not functioning in any aspect of life...I'm dead.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Hi Muddles, I just wanted to let you know that my heart is going out to you and I am hoping you will keep eating, drinking, and sleeping as well as you can. It seems like your level of functioning is minimal and the distress you are experiencing is maximal. It's complete, absolute hell and no one should be forced into it.

We go through states of being that DID NOT EXIST before these terrible unsafe drugs were foisted on humanity. There's going to come a day when this syndrome is recognized and there will be help, even if it's padded cells for as long as we need them. I deplore seeking medical help because medical personnel are quick to label me as some kind of mentally ill but completely unable to believe or understand that it started with a psych med, and hasn't ended yet. I was not mentally ill before Effexor. I was not psychotic and I did not have seizures. Period.

I know it is the same for you and I do believe your brain can heal. It's just that it takes years, and the intervening days are as close to unbearable as I've known. There's nothing else like this. Ordinary depression and anxiety? ha ha ha. Child's play.

Please hang in there a day at a time and keep posting so we know you're with us, and fighting. Yes, you are fighting--every breath you take is part of the fight.

xo

wc

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

• Moderator Emeritus

I can't live like this...I'm struggling to write and type now. My frontal lobe area is dead and it's the most distressing thing anyone could go through. I'm not human in anyway shape or form. Not functioning in any aspect of life...I'm dead.

I'm sorry you are still suffering like this Muddles, but I wanted to give you some hope.  I've gone through periods just like this...not being able to write or type or understand anything I read.  I've been like I can't have the simplest of conversation because I can't understand anything.  I've experienced having to concentrate really hard to make a cup of tea, because I've forgotten how to do it.

I know what you mean about not being able to function in any aspect of life, its happened to me too.  The most basic of chores requires heroic amounts of energy, concentration and courage.

I remember trying to play a simple word game with my daughter, but I just wanted to die, it was so difficult to focus on the letters and form them into words, my brain wasn't working, all I could manage were basic 3 letter words like hat and cup.  I could only play for a few minutes at a time before becoming completely exhausted.

But that stage passed, it improved in a wave like pattern. I still have bad days, but my brain function is coming back and yours will too. I don't think your frontal lobe area is permanently dead, just like mine wasn't, I think its temporarily closed down for repairs.  You are still human and very much alive, your brain and nervous system needs to use most of your available energy for important recovery work, so try and relax and allow your body to do what it needs to do. 

Are you still tapering or holding on 9mg?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

I will write mdkr later z I'm thankful for your words

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Going to do cold turkey from this amount. Nothing has changed since it stopped working...had enough.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I can understand your frustration Muddles, it's been sheer hell for you. How about speeding up the 

taper rather than cold turkey?   I hope things get better for you once you are off, you deserve some

windows. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks mamma.

Thinking back and looking at my posts things have got worse. My memory is going, I stutter and have got lost out in the car today. I didn't recognize my surroundings anymore and struggling to write properly. I forget to eat and drink. 24hour suicidal.

I am close to bloody death's door here.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Wish I could make it better for you, I would in a heartbeat. x

2002  effexor. 

There has got to be something I can take to save my life - please anyone??

Thank you mamma

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Muddles, do you have someone who can stay with you and the children? Remind you to eat and drink, be company while the scary thoughts slide by? My mom spent six weeks with me and my children, but I know not everyone has that option. Could the home-visiting crisis team help you and your husband put together a plan?

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Aww honey

If I could I would sit there and hold your hand, bring you sustenance, remind you that it does get better. It wasn't that long ago that I was looking at that same bleak decision to stay or go. I have visited that hell since I was a little kid. The only thing I know is that so far, no matter how bad it has gotten, it has always gotten better - at least for a minute. 

Maybe your cuts have all snowballed and are hitting extra hard. You are 6-weeks out from your last cut, as far as I can tell, and from what I've read that is a big marker for things having actually left your body. I could be way off base, and I hope someone can clarify all of this, but I think you are at a point where your body is finally feeling the full effects of your cuts. This isn't a forever spot. It is a for now spot. 

I hear you say ct but I feel like saying stay put or even updose. I know those are probably the last words you want to hear, they are the last words I ever want to hear, but honestly, this is temporary. It will change. 

I don't know how to help you but maybe just knowing that I would do anything I could helps a little. I am praying for you. Please don't let go.

Current:

Lorazapam2mg: 4/9/152mg - 1.5mg: already sick/nothing noticed. No changes in sleep noted after illness.  

Lamictal: 7/27/13 - 8/6/13: 400mg - 500mg(dr order) mouth sores, headache, cognitive/balance, heart palp...8/7/13 - 8/23/13: 500mg - 400mg; symptoms↓...10/10/13: 350mg; fever/flu-like <2-weeks...12/30/13: 325mg; fever/flu-like symptoms <1-week...2/10/17: 300mg; no significant changes noted. 

Discontinued:

Omeprazole: 09/2103 40mg...5/1/14: 20mg... 8/21/14 = 0

Wellbutrin: 11/22/13: 300mg – 225mg...12/6/13 delayed reaction- mood swings, weight↓, heart palp/chest pain, alerting...12/14/13: 187mg; physical symptoms↓, neuro emotions ↑, weight stable...12/20/13: 225mg; physical symptoms return, emotions stable <1-week, weight↓...4/21/14: 187mg; weight↑...5/17/14 (neurologist ordered discontinue asap):168mg; headache, mood swings, ↑weight, sleep flux...5/24/14: 150mg; headache, mood swings, ↓cognitive/balance...6/2/14: 112mg; see above, weight stable, <3-weeks... 6/28/14: 100mg; moody...7/25/14: 87.5mg; family troubles... 8/4/14: 75mg; headaches; moody... 8/9/1450mg headaches... 8/12/14: 37.5mg; 8/17/14: 25mg...8/26/14 = 0

Hydroxyzine; 10mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. Mood changes/rage 

Buspirone: 7.5mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. No changes.

Friends trying to push me to do cbt. How can that help with complete apathy, aheodinia, burning skin, constant suicidal thoughts and images, sickness, 24 hour do/dr, and a dead brain????

I am tired if putting everyone through this. I can't forgive myself...can't.

I want to live like that person I was....I know I can't. I never ever in a million years would have thought about suicide - EVER...last person on the planet. MY KIDs WERE MY LIFE.

can't forgive myself, can't forgive myself.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Muddles, are your children okay today?

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

I wish I could help muddles,please don't discount cbt it worked wonders for me and I was hospitalised twice

Try the rethink.org link I posted ,they offer many forms of support

2012 put on Citalopram and diazepam for 3 months for "depression" after filling in a 3 minute form at the doctors, had a massive reaction with panic attacks and extreme anxiety,never suffered panic attacks or anxiety before citalopram.Told to quit cold turkey which led to two hospital admissions during 2012/2013

December for 6 months Seroquel dosage adjusted up and down 50mg ,150mg ,100mg, caused severe tinnitus ,told to quit cold turkey

2013 January for 12 months Lorazapam given to me like sweets,told to quit cold turkey

2013 May Zoloft for 6 months ,told to quit cold turkey, reinstated 50mg tapered 2nd time over a month (to fast but I survived)messed up my sleep

Zyprexa April 2103 5mg until august 2014 ,dropped by doctor down to 2.5mg for one month went well but sleep was very poor for 3 weeks

End of 2015 I had to reinstate back up to 5mg due to constant insomnia that wouldnt go away Started a slow taper and found an understanding doctor who listened to me while I reduced
May 2016 drug free, sleeping and doing well in life again, it can be done http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12078-finally-off-zyprexa/

Muddles, The inside of an operating room is usually a pretty "happening" place...friendly banter, music, etc. Until there's a problem. You don't know there's a problem by the chaos, you know there's a problem by the quiet. Suddenly everyone is just thinking about whatever it is their job to do. Very focused. I have to say the "operating room" of you is very, very quiet right now. I really would urge you towards some type of help. I think CBT is a great idea. They won't try to make you think happy thoughts, if I understand correctly, they will give you ideas for coping in this very trying time. This is a vast desert you are trekking through. It is not you. As has been said before, please stay with us. This difficulty will not last forever.

56 years old

Friends dragged me to the docs today - again!

New doc who's worse than the other one. He said suicidal thoughts don't happen in withdrawal and that this is my original condition.

My original condition was stress and anxiety - I was working in a hospital and witnessed people dying everyday. It messed my head up as I was so scared of death. I was stressed and exhausted.

How can someone who was so scared of death suddenly wish for it every second of the day.....how can someone who worried about my daughter being in someone else's car without me suddenly not give a cramp where she is or who she's with.

Give me a break. No wonder there are so many people taking their own life.

This system needs to change big time.

Our people need to know.

This crao destroys lives - end of. Poison.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

I am truly sorry for the extreme suffering you are experience. I am hoping that you are able to grasp any hand that is extended to you. I wish I had a way to be there and support you. What I can do is pray. I am praying for you. May you find the strength to keep breathing, to keep trying, to keep fighting even tho you are running on empty.

Current:

Lorazapam2mg: 4/9/152mg - 1.5mg: already sick/nothing noticed. No changes in sleep noted after illness.  

Lamictal: 7/27/13 - 8/6/13: 400mg - 500mg(dr order) mouth sores, headache, cognitive/balance, heart palp...8/7/13 - 8/23/13: 500mg - 400mg; symptoms↓...10/10/13: 350mg; fever/flu-like <2-weeks...12/30/13: 325mg; fever/flu-like symptoms <1-week...2/10/17: 300mg; no significant changes noted. 

Discontinued:

Wellbutrin: 11/22/13: 300mg – 225mg...12/6/13 delayed reaction- mood swings, weight↓, heart palp/chest pain, alerting...12/14/13: 187mg; physical symptoms↓, neuro emotions ↑, weight stable...12/20/13: 225mg; physical symptoms return, emotions stable <1-week, weight↓...4/21/14: 187mg; weight↑...5/17/14 (neurologist ordered discontinue asap):168mg; headache, mood swings, ↑weight, sleep flux...5/24/14: 150mg; headache, mood swings, ↓cognitive/balance...6/2/14: 112mg; see above, weight stable, <3-weeks... 6/28/14: 100mg; moody...7/25/14: 87.5mg; family troubles... 8/4/14: 75mg; headaches; moody... 8/9/1450mg headaches... 8/12/14: 37.5mg; 8/17/14: 25mg...8/26/14 = 0

A starved brain is not something you want right now get some ensure.. it is a dietary supplement or replacement and drink a lot of it... if you have not been eating your body needs things and a sure way to have your brain mess up in not to feed it. 

When I worked with disabled kids some ate only this so I know you can if you have to live on it... I also had it for months years ago when my jaw was wired after a car accident.... 

this is important... and the best advice I can give you to start with try drinking a few... 

I have not been here so am not completely up to date on you but eating is the first thing... since you have been missing food this is a quick fix and something I had to do myself lately... I drank three ensure in the parking lot... at times I have mixed it with electrolytes for babies ... if your really really dizzy do the electorlyte one then an ensure... I switch them up ... dizzy like you can't walk is the baby electorlyte for sure... not eating ensure. 

pecan ensure is my fav new flavour they use to really suck this one I find a bit better. 

Hope things improve quickly. 

peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

A starved brain is not something you want right now get some ensure.. it is a dietary supplement or replacement and drink a lot of it... if you have not been eating your body needs things and a sure way to have your brain mess up in not to feed it. 

When I worked with disabled kids some ate only this so I know you can if you have to live on it... I also had it for months years ago when my jaw was wired after a car accident.... 

this is important... and the best advice I can give you to start with try drinking a few... 

I have not been here so am not completely up to date on you but eating is the first thing... since you have been missing food this is a quick fix and something I had to do myself lately... I drank three ensure in the parking lot... at times I have mixed it with electrolytes for babies ... if your really really dizzy do the electorlyte one then an ensure... I switch them up ... dizzy like you can't walk is the baby electorlyte for sure... not eating ensure. 

pecan ensure is my fav new flavour they use to really suck this one I find a bit better. 

Hope things improve quickly. 

peace

I agree with Ensure being a good supplement.

My grandfather's sister was in a nursing home for 3 years before she died. She could not eat very well. She lived those three years mostly on Ensure, if not entirely.

Give it a try, it may help replace some nutrients you are not getting.

Still praying for you.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Thanks chicken. I will do.

Thanks bdtd.

I don't like living like a disabled person but am.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Mm - thank you.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

My dads brain was better than mine is now - he was 91 and had had a stroke.

I want to grieve and remember him :-( so sad.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Thanks chicken. I will do.

Thanks bdtd.

I don't like living like a disabled person but am.

I don't like it either but I am at times today for instance I did not get out of my night gown but I am still here and I have been thru worse and i will not give up now... I am going kicking and screaming and problem solving all the %#$&ing way.... 

A bit of ensure never hurt anyone I was just glad to see it actually helped. So many things like this I can't even count them in the years gone by... so many.  Still it is better than being completely sick... relief is relief and it counts everything counts. 

I wish you peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Thank you bdtd

This morning I have sickness. I'm not if its withdrawal.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Can't keep anything down...is this withdrawal?

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

It could be. My stomach gets really funky when I've made cuts. I also have a lot of trouble when I haven't been sleeping well. Lack of sleep always hits my stomach and my feelings of being overwhelmed. I hope that you feel better soon. 

Current:

Discontinued:

Tardive Dysohoria - has anybody ever recovered??

Alto - please reply. Can I recover?

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Not sure i can take another day.

Akathisia, not wanting to be around my children, sickness, racing thoughts, my nerves feel like they are on fire, deep black deoression with constant suicidal thoughts. I'm bed bound and comfusedZ

Feel like I've been poisoned.

I want out of this so bad. Had enough.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear Muddles,

we all recover. We have no other option.

It's hard to give you some advice when we don't have the whole information. Did you stop taking the drug completely as you said you would? It seems you are now doing even worse than before ;(

All I can say is that I would never leave any option or any possibility unexplored, any stone unturned especially not the talk therapy. I spent many years wishing for my old self to come back. Then one day I just had to accept that that sick person was who I was at that time. That was the beginning of my return to my old self. Therapy helped me immensely. It cannot help with the withdrawal symptoms per se, of course. But it can help with managing our feelings and though processs that arise from withdrawal. It helps us not to be alone and get entangled into the mesh of neuroemotions.

I'm sorry I can't help more at the moment. But I believe you can help yourself more than you think. If you stopped the drug and it made you even worse than before, maybe a slower discontinuation might have been less disruptive.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Thanks bubbles

I have stopped it altogether. I had ran out of tablets and the utter apathy prevents me from doing anything - no more tabs. I must admit my head is clearer...doesn't feel so dead. I'm scared I have shot myself in the foot but I wasn't getting anywhere with slow reduction.

I don't know what to expect now. I am already disabled and feeling very damaged.

I need a time machine! Go back to when my kids were babies and savour every minute. I miss being able to love them. What mother deserves this? What mother can live this way. Torture beyond belief and I am devastated and traumatised. Is this really happening?

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Thanks for all of your support. This is too much for anyone to have to bare. It's not a deoression I could quite out into words. It's beyond any human emotion and its really got me. My head is so black and the deoression and loss of life simply makes me physically sick. To wake uo like this...not caring for anything or anyone has taken its toll. I was not this person. I am too weak and throw uo every night because I can't face going to bed to have to wake uo like this. It's too much. Beyond humanity. My head is tortured every minute of the day......too much. Another victim...another wonderful person robbed....f you drug pushing b'sratds.

Sarah xx

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Sarah

The old you is still there. She is the one fighting. She is the one screaming f-you. She is the one wanting to want. She is sick and desperate and scared but she is still there. If you didn't love your kids it wouldn't bother you that you feel the way you do. 

I hear your agony and cannot even begin to imagine what I would do to get by. I do have a therapist who has talked me of the ledge (seriously) on more than one occasion. I couldn't do this without her. I know that I am lucky. I also use DBT methods. I hope that you are able to try different techniques until you stumble upon the one(s) that help.

Prayer to you. I haven't given up on you yet.

xo Amy

Current:

Discontinued: