☼ alexjuice: About

alexjuice

I am really so sorry for your past and recent troubles. You may ( or may not) get something from Dr. Mercola's website....it would be mercola.com, search the site for "toxic mold." Wishing you the best, meimeiquest

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Just wanted to tell you that you that I think you are very strong. I read your thread this morning and you have been through the ringer to say the least.

It helps me to see the strength in myself.

I have a silly suggestion, but it helps my husband and I and is very gentle. We both drink dandelion tea. I helps promote liver function. Tastes nasty but after a while it grows on you. You can find it usually in the health food section of a grocery store, and it's always at health food stores.

Continued strength to you. You are fighting the good fight.

Thanks for the suggestion, dunerbug. I am careful to limit introductions and I recently started a new batch of everything. If the liver issues persist, I will look into the dandelion tea for certain.

Also, I hope you read the abridged version of the thread, otherwise there went your morning!

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

I am really so sorry for your past and recent troubles. You may ( or may not) get something from Dr. Mercola's website....it would be mercola.com, search the site for "toxic mold." Wishing you the best, meimeiquest

Thanks for the suggestion, meimeiquest.

I am familiar with Dr. Mercola. He did a series on toxic mold actually. And an interview with a well known toxicologist, maybe Dr. Thrasher. So i have definitely checked his site out and I've incorporated some elements of his approach with my doctor's treatment plan.

Best to you,

Alex

- Zimmerman

UPDATE:

1.) Resume BZD taper.

2.) Dietary/supplement experimentation for vascular/tissue symptoms.

3.) Possible thyroid supplementation.

Adjustment to diflucan has been moderately difficult. Lots of time in bed, pain but not too bad on psych symptoms other than brain fog and bad writing. Been feeling lonely lately -- a good sign I think. I'd really like to normalize sleep. Sunlight is my friend during this infectious challenge, but it will be tough while tapering another round. Man, I'm so tired .... of .... this.

Clay has helped a lot.

For benzo insomnia I intend to try 100mg theanine which has helped in the past.

- Zimmerman

• Administrator

Sending good wishes your way, Alex.

Your doctor is closely monitoring your liver enzymes, right? This is very important.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Sending good wishes your way, Alex.

Your doctor is closely monitoring your liver enzymes, right? This is very important.

Thanks for the good wishes.

I'm doing poorly with damn w/d anxiety and freaking out a little bit about my liver. I guess my doctor is monitoring them, she'll get some blood back next week with those numbers ... I hate anxiety.

Hope everyone else is feeling okay today.

- Zimmerman

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm doing poorly with damn w/d anxiety and freaking out a little bit about my liver. I guess my doctor is monitoring them, she'll get some blood back next week with those numbers ... I hate anxiety.

If I'd have gone through everything you've been through I doubt I'd even be coherent, let alone dealing well with anxiety. After all the harm doctors have done to you, it strikes me as quite courageous to even go near one of them.

I'm wishing you all the very best on your journey back to health.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Administrator

Hi Alex

When my liver enzymes show up elevated I take Silymarin. My understanding is that Silymarin or Milk Thistle helps the liver to detox. I am allergic to Milk Thistle as a plant so I've been advised to take the extract which is Silymarin.

I've not experienced any withdrawal symptoms while taking Silymarin.

Love you, Alex

Posted Image

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

Hi Alex

When my liver enzymes show up elevated I take Silymarin. My understanding is that Silymarin or Milk Thistle helps the liver to detox. I am allergic to Milk Thistle as a plant so I've been advised to take the extract which is Silymarin.

I've not experienced any withdrawal symptoms while taking Silymarin.

Love you, Alex

Posted Image

Thanks for the tip, Karma.

Love ya back and hope you are doing ok. I am hangin in over here.

- Zimmerman

I hear you, Alex. I had a crap day and am now eating brownies (at least it's gluten free?). Sweets are one thing I have the hardest time not giving into.

I know what you mean. I'm gonna do everything. I'm two days sober on sweets. Ready to make a run... :-)

About the teeth... I have had problems with receding gums from an early age (runs in the family). Made much worse by brushing my teeth wrong and by acid foods and beverages (and sugar). I find it helps to use toothpaste with a good amount of baking soda to neutralize the acid. I use Arm and Hammer. As for the flouride, I've heard it's bad... my boyfriend uses only non-flouride toothpaste. But if I use his toothpaste for more than a week, my teeth start feeling really sensitive.

Yea, I've heard fluoride is bad. The GAPS sites are anti-fluoride though I haven't investigated why so. I'm gonna try his paste for a week or two then run away. Nothing everyday but insulin... Luckily, I don't have diabetes.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I'm curious how the non-fluoride toothpaste worked out for you. I've read some disturbing info regarding fluoride and I am useing a water filter to filter out the fluoride from my drinking water but still useing fluoride toothpaste. I want to change this to see if I feel better when not useing fluoride toothpaste.

I don't know anything about non fluoride toothpaste got any ideas? I need something that is easy on the gums.

I have only been able to find one toothpaste that doesn't make my teeth hurt. And thats "golgate total" with fluoride and Triclosan.

Thanks.

Hi Alex,

I'm curious how the non-fluoride toothpaste worked out for you. I've read some disturbing info regarding fluoride and I am useing a water filter to filter out the fluoride from my drinking water but still useing fluoride toothpaste. I want to change this to see if I feel better when not useing fluoride toothpaste.

I don't know anything about non fluoride toothpaste got any ideas? I need something that is easy on the gums.

I use a fluoride free toothpaste off the shelf. There are a few brands available at Whole Foods or a health food store. I can't recommend any specific brand.

What page on the thread was this fluoride discussion?? You've been busybusybusy reading, I think.

- Zimmerman

This one seems to have it all. . . Sodium Fluoride

This is a very long collection of articles and documents on fluoride and it's effects,

Here is a quote,

"Fluoride a key dumbing down ingredient of Prozac and Sarin nerve gas -- poisons of choice for tyrant rats.

First of all, it needs to be stated that the 'substance' referred to as 'Fluoride' is a misnomer - there is no such substance listed in the periodic chart of the elements, nor in the prestigious CRC handbook, nor in the sacred 'bible' of the pharmaceutical industry - the illustrious 'Merck Index'. Instead, we find a GAS called Fluorine - and from the use of this gas in various industries such as aluminium manufacturing and the nuclear industry -certain toxic by-products are created which have 'captured' fluorine molecules. One such toxic, poisonous 'by-product' is called sodium Fluoride - which according to the Merck Index is primarily used as rat and cockroach poison and is also the active ingredient in most toothpastes and as an "additive to drinking water". But sadly, there is much more to this sordid tale.

Did you know that sodium Fluoride is also one of the basic ingredients in both PROZAC (FLUoxetene Hydrochloride) and Sarin Nerve Gas (Isopropyl-Methyl-Phosphoryl FLUORIDE) - (Yes, folks the same Sarin Nerve Gas that terrorists released on a crowded Japanese subway train!).

Let me repeat: the truth the American public needs to understand is the fact that Sodium Fluoride is nothing more (or less) than a hazardous waste by-product of the nuclear and aluminium industries. In addition to being the primary ingredient in rat and cockroach poisons, it is also a main ingredient in anesthetic, hypnotic, and psychiatric drugs as well as military NERVE GAS! Why, oh why then is it allowed to be added to the toothpastes and drinking water of the American people?

Historically, this substance was quite expensive for the worlds' premier chemical companies to dispose of - but in the 50's and 60's - Alcoa and the entire aluminium industry - with a vast overabundance of the toxic waste - SOMEHOW sold the FDA and our government on the insane (but highly profitable) idea of buying this poison at a 20,000% markup and then injecting it into our water supply as well as into the nation's toothpastes and dental rinse. Yes that's right folks, a 20,000% markup. Consider also that when sodium Fluoride is injected into our drinking water, its level is approximately 1 part-per-million (ppm), but since we only drink ½ of one percent of the total water supply, the hazardous chemical literally 'goes down the drain' and voila - the chemical industry has not only a free hazardous waste disposal system - but we have also PAID them handsomely in the process!!

Independent scientific evidence over the past 50 plus years has shown that sodium fluoride shortens our life span, promotes various cancers and mental disturbances, and most importantly, makes humans stupid, docile, and subservient, all in one neat little package. There is increasing evidence that aluminium in the brain is a causative factor in Alzheimer's Disease, and evidence points towards sodium fluoride's strong affinity to 'bond' with this dangerous aluminium (remember it is a by-product of aluminium manufacturing) and also it has the ability to 'trick' the blood-brain barrier by imitating the hydrogen ion thus allowing this chemical access to brain tissue."

The FDA has never approved fluoride as a drug to prevent tooth decay. No double blind studies to prove efficacy. It has never been submitted for approval to the FDA.

...."Fluoride a key dumbing down ingredient of Prozac and Sarin nerve gas -- poisons of choice for tyrant rats....

I am not that passionate about flouride. I don't use it and you don't have to.

Aza, let's shuffle these types of discussions to the relevant threads or start new threads on the particular topic. My intro thread is already very long.

- Zimmerman

...."Fluoride a key dumbing down ingredient of Prozac and Sarin nerve gas -- poisons of choice for tyrant rats....

Aza, let's shuffle these types of discussions to the relevant threads or start new threads on the particular topic. My intro thread is already very long.

Thanks alexe will do.

Thanks alexe will do.

Alexe I have created a thread in "symptoms and self care" on fluoride "Fluoride a key dumbing down ingredient of Prozac." If you want to move the post in your thread on fluoride into my new topic on fluoride that would be great. Sorry to be such a pest!

Thankyou

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks alexe will do.

Alexe I have created a thread in "symptoms and self care" on fluoride "Fluoride a key dumbing down ingredient of Prozac." If you want to move the post in your thread on fluoride into my new topic on fluoride that would be great. Sorry to be such a pest!

Thank you

And I moved the flouride thread to Off-topic since it isn't related to surviving antidepressants.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

UPDATE:

Liver enzymes came back down afer medication modification.

BZD taper symptoms have been less severe than expected, maybe b/c the antifungal I take affects the bzds, making them stronger?

I'm trying dietary changes to keep things moving.

Reflux has been worse. Vascular pain is ongoing.

I don't know if I am ever going to be the same. Of course, I'll never be the same but I don't know that I will "recover" from the infectious part of my situation.

It's really unhealthy for me that I've gone six months without talking to anyone on the telephone except my mother and sister. Of course, I've had no social outings. I think I would do better with human interaction but I am very weak and not sure what I could do.

- Zimmerman

Glad to hear about the liver enzymes!

Socializing is tough for me too. If I'm having a tough time, I'll screen my calls.

Outside of family, it's been difficult to maintain a social life as it takes a ton of effort on my part. Plus, I'm in a new city and only know a few people.

It's tough because there's no way for outside people to really understand the depth of what's happening.....and I really dislike hearing "Well, you just need to get out more" in one form or another.

Started Fluoxetine Jan. 2010

Tried to go off of it in Sept. 2010

Weaned too fast and was back on it by Nov. 2010

Didn't work as good the second time around.

Started to wean again in Nov. 2011 and was off for good by April? 2012

• Administrator

That's a good thing with the liver enzymes, right?

How about those Myers cocktails, still getting them?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Progressively worse vascular problems. More pain in veins. Hard veins. Liver enzymes were better but ... Actually they were terrific, best in a year. The problem is why were they elevated in January? Maybe from the antiparasite treatment I started but stopped?

The vascular problems strike me as something quite serious. I've been to the doctor three times in the last year about breathing problems and rapid heartbeat and chest pain and everytime it's been the same, "We gotta call an ambulance." I decline the ambulance but I've been to the ER and I always check out. I've also seen a cardiologist though that was six months ago. My vascular problems are much worse now, I failed a vascular reactivity test in January. I am waiting to see a cardiologist again but I don't know why this time will be different?

I don't feel hopeful.

Alex

- Zimmerman

• Moderator Emeritus

Dearest Alex,

I really don't know what to say, it seems like things just keep piling up on you. If wishes came true, you'd be completely well because I wish that for you and anyone with half a heart would too, if reading your story.

I will continue to hope and pray for you.

BIG HUGS and a lot of love,

Tezza

Alex,

I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. I don't fully understand vascular reactivity or what vascular pain feels like. Can you describe it? When they wanted to send you to the ER, what would they have done? Knowing the effects of serotonin (and other neurohormones) on blood and other vascular structures, I'm not surprised that tests reveal serious abnormalities, especially as the body is adapting to less drug after many years (of vasoconstriction, for example).

I understand your frustration in trying to determine what should be treated. I'm in a *watchful waiting* holding pattern for now, but realize it may be a risk.

I really believe things will look up for you soon.

B

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Thanks Tezza so much for the HUGS!

Barb, vascular pain is that my veins hurt, sometimes they throb and hurt. It's worst in the extremities. Actually I never feel it my torso but everywhere else I do. Also they get hard and inflexible to the touch. I don't know the specific cause and neither does my doctor. It's systemic, affecting the entire vasculature. Maybe it's fungal?

The vascular reactivity is a test a tech does with a device. Monitors are placed on the finger tips and then the upper arm is squeezed by a cuff until the fingers go numb. The cuff is released and the finger monitors measure how long it takes for the blood in fingers to return to the baseline. In a normal person it only takes a second or two for the restoration of blood flow. My finger tips did not ever get back to baseline so I scored a 'POOR' on the test. I am waiting to see a cardiologist on Wednesday. I don't know what a cardiologist is going to, except take some measurements.

- Zimmerman

Hi Alexe, so sorry,

Have you had a magnesium RBC blood test to check your intracellular magnesium? You can get the test here cost $49: Request a test doesn't require that you see a doctor to get the test, if your RBC is below 6 on the reference scale 4-7 you have a magnesium deficiency. Blood serum magnesium should be between 1.5-3.1

Medicare covers this test if you request it as a part of your annual physical under medicare. If you go this route make sure they do the Magnesium RBC and not the Blood serum blood test that almost allways is within reference range due to homeostasis of magnesium in the blood serum.

Hope this helps

I wish you the best.

Thanks alexe will do.

Thank you

And I moved the flouride thread to Off-topic since it isn't related to surviving antidepressants.

Thanks Jemima

Hi Alexe, so sorry,

Have you had a magnesium RBC blood test to check your intracellular magnesium? You can get the test here cost $49: Request a test doesn't require that you see a doctor to get the test, if your RBC is below 6 on the reference scale 4-7 you have a magnesium deficiency. Blood serum magnesium should be between 1.5-3.1

Medicare covers this test if you request it as a part of your annual physical under medicare. If you go this route make sure they do the Magnesium RBC and not the Blood serum blood test that almost allways is within reference range due to homeostasis of magnesium in the blood serum.

Hope this helps

I wish you the best.

Thanks AZA. I did have that test a while back. I don't know what the hell is up with magnesium. I have had low magnesium levels but supplementing has not helped at all. It actually is depositing in my hair, which was 500% greater than the upper reference range for a hair test I just did. But thatnks for thinking of me.

- Zimmerman

I'd just like to say:

It never Effing ends.

- Zimmerman

Progressively worse vascular problems. More pain in veins. Hard veins.

I'm starting to think my vascular problem is related to my diazepam taper. Things got very bad and painful when I reduced all bdz by a larger amount for two days while trying an antifungal. I have an appt with my physician today, but it's not like she is going to know WTF to do. Really though extreme pain and constriction of the veins of sex organs and hands... I don't need this. After almost 20 yrs of this ****, I don't ....

- Zimmerman

If I'd have gone through everything you've been through I doubt I'd even be coherent, let alone dealing well with anxiety. After all the harm doctors have done to you, it strikes me as quite courageous to even go near one of them.

I'm wishing you all the very best on your journey back to health.

Thanks Jemima! I appreciate it.

At the moment I've decided to go to doctors. I know from diagnostics that I have elevated levels of mycotoxins in my body. Other tests show fungal and protozoal infection. I've lost 60% of gonad mass and present as a high CVD risk after vascular reactivity test, despite 107/61 bp and 21 BMI.

It's not really courage. It's desperation.

Thanks for the well wishes. I think the journey is coming closer to a wrap. This can't go on forever.

- Zimmerman

• Administrator

Vasoconstriction, tissue tension, and circulation are also governed by the autonomic nervous system. If tests show nothing, it's likely dysautonomia.

I got some tests back. Stool came back positive for fungus of undetermined species. This is a result generally consistent with mold versus a yeast like candida. Fecal IgA high consistent with antigen presence. Mold markers (which are esoteric) are elevated more than last time.

I've had 3 stool tests all PCR DNA over last 12 months and all three show pathogenic fungal presence. Considering my symptoms and history, I plan to continue with the treatment. Smiley agreed to Rx a lesser dosage due to my hypersensitivity.

Good news: Liver still good. H. Pylori bacterial infection eradicated (likely thanks to vitamin C). Fat absorption much, much improved.

Weird result: High Anti-Gliadin Abs. This is odd since I haven't eaten any gluten and, except for Chipolte salad bowls, haven't eaten out. Maybe cross contamination?

Talked about psych meds with Dr. Smiley and she is encouraging me to continue to taper. I will hold a bit until sleep improves. Hoping vascular symptoms improve ...

I'm very tired of all of this. And I now need to get some sleep.

Hope you guys are feeling good. Thanks for all the support.

Alex

- Zimmerman

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Alex,

I have no specific advice for you - but just wanted to send my best healing wishes to you. If we all send you some good positive healing vibes that will help, right?

The night is always darkest before the dawn

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

GOAL for February:

1. Gain 5 lbs. (165/15)

Alex

Update:

Didn't gain weight.

March 7 : (159/13.7)

Goal for March:

1. Gain 5 lbs.

- Zimmerman

Alex:

I just read your entire thread and I am truly in awe of your strength. When you responded to comments on my son's struggle, I assumed you were someone who's struggles were behind them. The generosity of spirit you show, to try to help someone else while still fighting for your own peace of mind and piece of life, is nothing short of amazing. My dad was a highly decorated war hero. He commented once that real heroes aren't the ones who did a brave thing: they are the ones who returned to the battle day after day. Your childhood friends and even your family may not know you are heroic. We do.

To victory,

Ed

• Moderator Emeritus

Alex:

I just read your entire thread and I am truly in awe of your strength. When you responded to comments on my son's struggle, I assumed you were someone who's struggles were behind them. The generosity of spirit you show, to try to help someone else while still fighting for your own peace of mind and piece of life, is nothing short of amazing. My dad was a highly decorated war hero. He commented once that real heroes aren't the ones who did a brave thing: they are the ones who returned to the battle day after day. Your childhood friends and even your family may not know you are heroic. We do.

To victory,

Ed

Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!

We do.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.