alex

Third day of clear window;broken sleep, but been able to go back to sleep.

Strong stressors don't trigger awful dysphoria anymore.Much more resilient.Amazing feeling... :)

It gets definetly better.

In a vey crazy way though.

Hang in there good and brave people.

If this was Facebook, I'd click Like!

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Alex, you ROCK! I'm going to keep walking with you. Wishing you peace and joy!

04/2013 diagnoses: severe insomnia, major depressive disorder, anxiety disorder, agoraphobia. PTSD (my diagnosis)

Original scripts: 30 mg mirtazapine (Remeron) (1x day), 75 mg Bupropion HCL (Wellbutrin) (2x day), and 0.5 lorazepam (1x day or as needed)

05/05/14: Onset of acute Wellbutrin withdrawal symptoms after haphazard "taper" of 6-8 wks.

05/10/14: Joined this site.

05/11/14: Reinstated approx. 25 mg Wellbutrin (1x day)

05/14/14: Switched to 12.5 mg Wellbutrin (2x day)

06/28/14: Changed lorazepam dosing to .25 mg 2x a day - seems to be reducing anxiety flare-ups

07/28/14: Dosing Wellbutrin in a (home made) solution form 12.5 mg (2x day) 08/15/14: Remeron 28 25.2 22.7 20.5 18.5 16.7 15.1 13.6 mg (home made) solution

05/16/15: Have been dosing lorazepam at .5 mg in the morning, .25 mg in the afternoon, and .25 mg at bedtime. Anxiety has increased somewhat, possibly due to tolerance.

Fifth day of low symptoms and clearest window today...

Persistent symptoms:Insomnia and PSSD

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

Glad to hear that Alex.....

How do you get thru the depressive episodes?  I am in one coupled with insomnia.  Not good.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

How do you get thru the depressive episodes?

I really don't know Nikki...in early w/d I just kept walking despite the horrible suicidal feelings.I've been close to death more than one time in this terrible process, and that is not easy to say...

Almost 23 months off, I have better days, and some of them are pretty good.

I didn't know I was so strong, really.

And another thing that helped, besides the support and wisdom of this forum, is the fact I suffered a VERY severe major depression episode, and that in some way prepared me to deal with this situation.

Right now I am in the classic roller-coaster, but not as bad as lets say 1 year ago.

Effexor seems to be one of the toughest AD to w/d from :(

Hugs to you too.

It's not 23 months off;it's almost 25.

Quite a good day;very very low symptoms.

Better nights.

At 25 months off, the light at the end of the tunnel, is getting more and more clear.

It DOES get better.

well done alex your patience and strength has paid off !  :)

2012 put on Citalopram and diazepam for 3 months for "depression" after filling in a 3 minute form at the doctors, had a massive reaction with panic attacks and extreme anxiety,never suffered panic attacks or anxiety before citalopram.Told to quit cold turkey which led to two hospital admissions during 2012/2013

December for 6 months Seroquel dosage adjusted up and down 50mg ,150mg ,100mg, caused severe tinnitus ,told to quit cold turkey

2013 January for 12 months Lorazapam given to me like sweets,told to quit cold turkey

2013 May Zoloft for 6 months ,told to quit cold turkey, reinstated 50mg tapered 2nd time over a month (to fast but I survived)messed up my sleep

Zyprexa April 2103 5mg until august 2014 ,dropped by doctor down to 2.5mg for one month went well but sleep was very poor for 3 weeks

End of 2015 I had to reinstate back up to 5mg due to constant insomnia that wouldnt go away Started a slow taper and found an understanding doctor who listened to me while I reduced
May 2016 drug free, sleeping and doing well in life again, it can be done http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12078-finally-off-zyprexa/

• Moderator Emeritus

Its good to hear you are feeling better and more hopeful again Alex.  There is always light at the end of tunnels, but sometimes we are at a place where we can't see it.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

At 25 months off, I'm in the waves and windows pattern...

I am in a wave right now;tiredness,anxiety,(not as bad) DP, and this weird obsession with death....who died, how, when, at what age; anybody can relate to this? suicide thougths still here, but not as strong.At least I can talk about it now, w/o triggering a panic, dysphoria attack....

Beautiful legacy from these drugs;and Marihuana is ilegal...HA!!!

Hanging on in the hope it will get better.

Just keep chipping away Alex and it will get better

2012 put on Citalopram and diazepam for 3 months for "depression" after filling in a 3 minute form at the doctors, had a massive reaction with panic attacks and extreme anxiety,never suffered panic attacks or anxiety before citalopram.Told to quit cold turkey which led to two hospital admissions during 2012/2013

December for 6 months Seroquel dosage adjusted up and down 50mg ,150mg ,100mg, caused severe tinnitus ,told to quit cold turkey

2013 January for 12 months Lorazapam given to me like sweets,told to quit cold turkey

2013 May Zoloft for 6 months ,told to quit cold turkey, reinstated 50mg tapered 2nd time over a month (to fast but I survived)messed up my sleep

Zyprexa April 2103 5mg until august 2014 ,dropped by doctor down to 2.5mg for one month went well but sleep was very poor for 3 weeks

End of 2015 I had to reinstate back up to 5mg due to constant insomnia that wouldnt go away Started a slow taper and found an understanding doctor who listened to me while I reduced
May 2016 drug free, sleeping and doing well in life again, it can be done http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12078-finally-off-zyprexa/

Awful wave;fear,dysphoria,dark thoughts...

Am I gonna be able to endure this???

I am so sick, and tired...

• Moderator Emeritus

Me too Alex, I'm in another one.  Hang in there and I will too.

((hugs))

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

I am loosing the battle, I'm afraid.

I have no job, no money,my sleep is destroyed, and it is getting much worse...my sexual life is gone...

I don't want to live like this anymore; what is the point for more suffering??

I think about death now every minute of my miserable life.

If I could only sleep, but I can't.

I don't want to go on.

I'm sorry.

Dear, dear Alex! I will tell you what you have said to many others here, and the words have helped me through: keep walking! It appears to me that there are very distinct differences between your windows and waves. Your windows sound so wonderful - full of hope and rediscovered joy. And the waves are correspondingly deep, with great suffering. You are an artist and plumbing these depths may be part of your artist's soul. I hope this doesn't sound trite or philosophical given the suffering you currently endure - but you strike me as one of the strongest spirits on these boards. You continue to inspire me and so many others. 

Keep walking. One foot in front of the other. The dark thoughts will pass. Sleep will come. You can do it. <<<hug>>> You ARE strong, and courageous!

04/2013 diagnoses: severe insomnia, major depressive disorder, anxiety disorder, agoraphobia. PTSD (my diagnosis)

Original scripts: 30 mg mirtazapine (Remeron) (1x day), 75 mg Bupropion HCL (Wellbutrin) (2x day), and 0.5 lorazepam (1x day or as needed)

05/05/14: Onset of acute Wellbutrin withdrawal symptoms after haphazard "taper" of 6-8 wks.

06/28/14: Changed lorazepam dosing to .25 mg 2x a day - seems to be reducing anxiety flare-ups

07/28/14: Dosing Wellbutrin in a (home made) solution form 12.5 mg (2x day) 08/15/14: Remeron 28 25.2 22.7 20.5 18.5 16.7 15.1 13.6 mg (home made) solution

05/16/15: Have been dosing lorazepam at .5 mg in the morning, .25 mg in the afternoon, and .25 mg at bedtime. Anxiety has increased somewhat, possibly due to tolerance.

• Moderator Emeritus

You are winning the battle Alex, this is a temporary wave and will pass.  You are recovering, read back through your thread and see how much progress you have made.   I know how hopeless it feels when you are in a wave, but remember that its going to pass, so keep walking.  One more day and then another....... you are walking towards another window.

Here are your own words from a week ago:

Quite a good day;very very low symptoms.

Better nights.

At 25 months off, the light at the end of the tunnel, is getting more and more clear.

It DOES get better.

(((((hugs)))))

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Thank you my dear good friends; "plumbing these depths" yes, that is correct, I'm afraid I am a very intense person...good in some ways, but bad in others.

I got quite a good rest last night, and today I'm doing better.

Thank you for your help and support, despite your own suffering.

Hugs,A.

Right now I'm feeling ashamed for letting the dark thoughts dominated me.

I am sorry.

Don't feel ashamed, Alex! I, for one, am honored that you feel safe enough here to trust us with your struggles. You help so many people here! And even though I wish you didn't have to suffer at all, it makes me feel good to be able to return the favor. Courage! And wishing you another window soon. 

One week of clear window...as simple as that.

Hang in there everybody; it gets better.

Hi Alex, I have a long history of AD and last acute WD was about 10 days ago (after 45days of quitting effexor in a cold turkey way) .  My body was shaking and I was in bed all day with terrible depressive thoughts in my mind. After that, I finally found this forum and realized that was WD syndrome.  I was already taking 70 mg of effexor and people suggested me to go down to 37.5 mg.  Then I am planning to taper very slowly.  My question to you is why you didn't go back to take a small dose of effexor to make you feel better and manage the dose to slowly taper?  Were you advised not to do that?  

I am still very new here and learning.

All my best

2004 Sept paxil 

2005 July I quit Paxil(CT) Sept., acute WD/relapse then reinstated Paxil.  In 5 days felt better.

2006 March quit Paxil (CT) again then April acute WD/relapse reinstated Paxil.  In 5 days felt better.   

2010 Oct. I had the same episode above 

2011, I had a breast cancer (stage 1) and doctor changed Paxil to Effexor 37.5 mg.  (she said effexor works for hot flushes and it's better for me)

2012 in May, Effexor dose was increased to 75 mg because it wasn't working much for my hot flushes.  

2014 in May, I changed back to 37.5 mg.  Because of few of the side effects I did not like.

My breast cancer is now all cleared. 

2012-2014 I was quitting effexor every 3 months without knowing the harmful consequences. no WD until 2014 Aug. 

2014 2014 Aug 25 after 1.5 months of off Effexor, WD reinstated 75mg for 10 days and got adverse reaction then Finally found this forum 
2014 Sept 1 reduced the dose to 37.5 
2014 Sept 20 took antibiotics (amoxillin) for tooth implant which led me to terrible WDS again  
         Oct 13 started to taper;  took 4 beads out of 38.  had one great week and Oct 21, after flu shot, acute WD
 I realized each cap has a different number of beads.  Started to count 34 beads. Waves and Windows in 2 weeks interval.   
2014 Dec. 28 Started Prozac bridge with my psychiatrist's instruction.  Added Prozac 5mg
2015 Jan 07 started to taper Effexor 5 beads everyday  
2015 Jan 13 Effexpr 0 beads +Prozac 1.25 ml (5 mg) +Klonopin 0.25 mg at night: since tapering off Effexor, feeling great, much less tinnitus and tingling pain 
2015 Jan 22 increased Prozac to 10 mg due to the depression.
supplement: fish oil 2400 multi Vt. Jan 8 changed to EPA 1200 + DHA 600 

Hi Zenwind;because when I found this forum I was already 4 months off, too long to reinstate.

But after 25 long months of struggling, things are getting much better, despite difficult personal issues.

Thank you my dear good friends; "plumbing these depths" yes, that is correct, I'm afraid I am a very intense person...good in some ways, but bad in others.

I got quite a good rest last night, and today I'm doing better.

Thank you for your help and support, despite your own suffering.

Hugs,A.

Alex, I think many, if not most, artists of various kinds are like that. It's a gift, not always an easy gift, but a gift.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Alex, thank you for your answer to my question.  I asked you the question because even though I am so relieved to find the cause of all of my physical problems and I plan to taper, at the same time, I am afraid of dealing with WDS and possibly the relapse of depression like you have been going through.  

It is so nice to hear you stating that you are much better after 25 months.  That encouraged me and I want to say that I can also cope with the waves to obtain a much happier life.   Keep in touch and when I cry, lend me your shoulders.  

2004 Sept paxil 

2005 July I quit Paxil(CT) Sept., acute WD/relapse then reinstated Paxil.  In 5 days felt better.

2006 March quit Paxil (CT) again then April acute WD/relapse reinstated Paxil.  In 5 days felt better.   

2011, I had a breast cancer (stage 1) and doctor changed Paxil to Effexor 37.5 mg.  (she said effexor works for hot flushes and it's better for me)

2012 in May, Effexor dose was increased to 75 mg because it wasn't working much for my hot flushes.  

2014 in May, I changed back to 37.5 mg.  Because of few of the side effects I did not like.

2012-2014 I was quitting effexor every 3 months without knowing the harmful consequences. no WD until 2014 Aug. 

2014 2014 Aug 25 after 1.5 months of off Effexor, WD reinstated 75mg for 10 days and got adverse reaction then Finally found this forum 
2014 Sept 20 took antibiotics (amoxillin) for tooth implant which led me to terrible WDS again  
         Oct 13 started to taper;  took 4 beads out of 38.  had one great week and Oct 21, after flu shot, acute WD
 I realized each cap has a different number of beads.  Started to count 34 beads. Waves and Windows in 2 weeks interval.   
2014 Dec. 28 Started Prozac bridge with my psychiatrist's instruction.  Added Prozac 5mg
2015 Jan 13 Effexpr 0 beads +Prozac 1.25 ml (5 mg) +Klonopin 0.25 mg at night: since tapering off Effexor, feeling great, much less tinnitus and tingling pain 

After more than a week of quite good windows, I'm in a bad wave I'm afraid.

Very bad sleep last night, exhausted,floating anxiety,DP,suicidal thoughts....and terrify by my money situation.

But it is weird,when I am in a window, I don`t feel so bad, and the circumstances are the same...

Fear, I feel fear.

I am on a bad wave of fear and depression;dark thoughts.

I am in need of some encouraging words;but I`ve found it is pointless posting here, I don`t get any feedback.

Barely hanging on...

Alex,

When I in a wave, weak and depressed, I tell myself "when my physical/mental conditions become much better, I can think of much better future.  I just need to be patient.  It will pass .. it will pass... "  Tomorrow maybe the window.   

2004 Sept paxil 

Horrible wave of dysphoria, brutal anxiety, DP, fear;I am suicidal, please help!

Alex,

I AM reading your thread and see you are having some very good windows interspersed with horrible waves and brutal fear, depression, and anxiety. I appreciate that you write how you're feeling because it really shows how these waves can just slam us even when life circumstances haven't changed. Your writing helps me to remember that it is this damn withdrawal that makes us view our circumstances so differently from one day to the next.

I wish I knew what to tell you to do. Can you explain your suicidal thoughts? Are they based on certain fears?

Please try to reread your posts from the good windows very recently.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I`ve found it is pointless posting here, I don`t get any feedback.

Alex, I'm so sorry to hear this is how you feel. I am going through an awful time lately myself and though I did get some great feedback in my thread, I still feel the awfulness of days.

What can I say to help you feel better? You matter very much to all of us here even though we may not tell you every day. Barb gave you some great feedback, maybe you could try responding to the points she brought up. All I know is that it is possible for us to claw our way through the days when we have to, then we get to some days when it is not quite so bad. I haven't gotten to any real good days yet since last Nov. (Sheesh, nearly a year ago!) Just days of feeling 'less awful'. Crushing anhedonia. I just feel like I am finished with living. Nothing left that I want to do. A hard place to be. No one but me can bring me out of this but my mind and spirit just aren't up to it.

I hope you don't feel like this too, it really is too much to bear day after day. I am not even able to rejoice in the fact that most nights I fall asleep within a half hour of lying down and sleep 5 hours most of the time. That is huge compared to last year. But it is the long rest of the day being awake and sitting here all day that is crushing my spirit.  I don't have anything that I want to do. But you do. You have described your singing and that is something great to have in your life. And a girlfriend too, if I remember.

I hope this gets better for all of us sooner rather than later.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Thank you my good friends.

I am exhausted.

Hanging on.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad you are hanging on Alex, I wish I could be more help, but I'm running on empty.  I'm also in a wave of anxiety and exhausted.  I'm sure this one will pass like they all do.

(hugs)

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Thank you my dear Petu;

we will beat this s****t.

Hugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes we will Alex :)  I'm actually feeling slightly better this evening, I hope you start to feel better too.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

• Moderator Emeritus

I've been in a wave as well, Alex.  It's amazing to me how debilitating they are and how we so quickly dismiss the existence of windows.  But they ARE there and we will get to them again.  

1988-2012: Prozac @ 60mg (with a few stops and starts)

Fall 2012: Returned to 40mg after discontinuing and horrid withdrawal 

Fall 2013: 40mg Fluoxetine, added 150mg Wellbutrin to treat fatigue 

Winter 2014: Attempting to taper both (too fast)

April 2014: 9mg Fluoxetine + 37.5 Wellbutrin 

Summer 2014: 8 mg Fluoxetine + 0 Wellbutrin (way too fast a drop)

Late summer/Early Fall 2014: Debilitating Withdrawal symptoms 

Fall 2014 - Wellbutrin successfully kicked to the curb but…

Oct- Dec 2014: Panicked reinstatement of Fluoxetine ->30mg - held for 5yrs

Jan 2021: taper to 20mg Fluoxetine  then tapering by 1mg every 2-3 months

Fall 2022 - held at 10mg->December 2022: 9mg->Feb 2023: 8mg ->March 2023: brassmonkey slide begins: 7.8mg -> 7.6 -> 7.4->2 week hold (April)->7.2->7mg->6.8->2 week hold->6.6-> 1-month hold ->(June)-6.5->4-week hold-> (July)-6.4 (discontinued brassmonkey slide and slowed taper)-> (Aug)-6.2->(Sept)-6.0->(Oct)-5.9->(Nov)-5.8->(Dec)-5.7->wave!->(Jan)-5.8->(Feb)-6mg and holding.

My 2014 withdrawal experience: https://rxisk.org/antidepressant-withdrawal-a-prozac-story/

Trying to survive one of the most brutal waves in a long time.

I wont go into details, I am to exhausted.

On the verge of doing something stupid.

I am sorry.